PDA

View Full Version : Broncos are wearing all blue unis against the Cowgirls

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Still love these all blue unis! :cool: Whoever was bantering with me that we were going to wear orange.....well, I hate to tell you I told you so but I told you so. This will be the only road game with all blues, so enjoy!

Broncos to wear alternate blue uniforms vs. Cowboys in Dallas

Luckily for those who like to see their favorite NFL team mix up its wardrobe, America's Team prefers to wear white at home.

The Broncos play at Dallas this Sunday and with the Cowboys wearing white, the visitors from Denver will wear their alternate blue jerseys and blue pants.

It's the only time this season the Broncos will wear something other than white jerseys on the road and orange jerseys at home.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24217311/broncos-wear-alternate-blue-uniforms-vs-cowboys-dallas

underrated29
10-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Went over this in another thread. I no likey

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Went over this in another thread. I no likey

I didnt see any thread dedicated to our unis against Dallas.

To anyone going to the game. Cowgirl fans get rowdy in the parking lot. Just check out the game against the Chargers.

SwHsm4-yDW8&ytsession=WULo4ysA2eA2wDFX4z71vVFT7KnS24yhoBE5m76X 78aGZrI_m04A46SgP4fXt-xQ3SUqveasSr2_kMn-Tz7knBDBougLmVCADbroL5Ls-cJGTqgoP9FBL_-2UTocUPmC0wN3t1gtAR2kb5zRnKZ2pJO0FIK_NedAY-2GNSXixtwHdDBqBu4N5oU5YE4dt5WMFS9bhh2dQJO0O-EoXj5eZXxsyevOhOugOnyXuNPfR4qF7G6OLKOwDr0NmF6awX-e3vGPMNRlGEjFyb2y6sk3QWU4cdCKD5ROpK8pvXRJ-qNrvUP_yxxnzRus_K0idHzuQnWzPJIONk3_LeF0SItMYYa--YjieP8IuhhWTnzwPHpOPpR4Lc8rBkXo3-LVygrQh8KTF0z8ko6m39EqDF-08wQP4nLnMQgBxZ6thQEN_OxvMjy3u-n59M2rFbGsU7hZz601VlmCgoSPRryY3UA-9tmypUySmA0kSdmoW9LfsNMdlgLC1OndhCvVAg8K1oZREX5eSj sMsQkNADTQ2xcvOOl1hLM6alJGUDorIBnfLj87A-yGm5laI9YbrlbBWwVIKGCSyDoj89GaVSHZitVp_1wYoLo_uqKU BBuN4_rDlIsgCi5vkGzXn1WL3r6kbt8m3HkiaAiYE1H4x3hZxh ybhGQbmeRoCwDnMX827iHdsOrOdkUY_6UPrXdcS1Z3Zgl_HcYP 0yb_h6R_rjrlKwmuR9NJwGmy2SlPjfdvOyY2aWhfC_122Fsdmj f6vC7r35IO_HDQCiVUz_pg6_WrixWEhdsMta9vpimTJ6NFT1oE ERdLFdOaA0pup6PcM9fg7OjaPL2hqeYEvCWcRuSFZ1SI8g4Nds MJMiup

Dapper Dan
10-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Meh. A little weird to me. All blue while playing a team that has blue as their main color. It's like when ASU unveiled their black uniforms against Mizzou. Their new uniforms were basically Mizzou's colors. But I think ASU won. That's all that matters.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Meh. A little weird to me. All blue while playing a team that has blue as their main color. It's like when ASU unveiled their black uniforms against Mizzou. Their new uniforms were basically Mizzou's colors. But I think ASU won. That's all that matters.

Dallas doesnt have an all blue uni. When I think of Dallas I think of white and silver, not blue. Denver has been wearing blue jerseys for along time now and never not once do I think of Dallas when we wear them. All blue is our prime time uni by the way, even though this isnt a night game.

Dapper Dan
10-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Dallas doesnt have an all blue uni. When I think of Dallas I think of white and silver, not blue. Denver has been wearing blue jerseys for along time now and never not once do I think of Dallas when we wear them. All blue is our prime time uni by the way, even though this isnt a night game.

Look at the crowd. Denver's uniforms will match the Dallas crowd. Which was more my point.

Denver did wear blue for about 14 years, yes. Before that, they were orange. Now, they are orange.

I think teams should stick with alternates while they're at home.

Magnificent Seven
10-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Aw Man! I want Orange Jersey! Represent Orange Crush!

Nomad
10-02-2013, 01:02 AM
As long as they win.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 01:08 AM
I like the white on white, blue on white, blue on blue or even our home orange. You can't really go wrong because we have the sweetest jerseys in the NFL. Period.

Blue on blue just happens to be a little more meaner looking. I am not concerned about the fans in the crowd. The can wear orange if they want to anyway. The whole point is having our players stand out from the Cowboys. We dont wear orange on the road so that was out and they are wearing white.

Magnificent Seven
10-02-2013, 01:37 AM
I like the white on white, blue on white, blue on blue or even our home orange. You can't really go wrong because we have the sweetest jerseys in the NFL. Period.

Blue on blue just happens to be a little more meaner looking. I am not concerned about the fans in the crowd. The can wear orange if they want to anyway. The whole point is having our players stand out from the Cowboys. We dont wear orange on the road so that was out and they are wearing white.

True.

olathebroncofan
10-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Ahhhh...The all Blue Uni's

Reminds me of the Tebow Days. I have a feeling that Manning will lead us to a 7-3 comeback win with PFM rushing for over 100 yards, and throwing under 100 yards.

Gonna be like ol' times!!!

Canmore
10-02-2013, 01:57 AM

I too like the all blue uniforms. Seem to be in the minority.

Broncolingus
10-02-2013, 02:18 AM
...of course, we did win a Super Bowl in the all whites...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/02/04/Sports/Images/PHO-11Feb03-287851.jpg

P.S, look at where Eugene Robinson's head is...Stinky's giving him some 'winky.'

...poor Eugene, that just wasn't his week :D

dogfish
10-02-2013, 03:07 AM
we would have made them cry like little bitches in our orange jerseys. . .

now we'll make them cry like little bitches in our blues instead. . .

different color scheme-- same results. . .

:defense:

Northman
10-02-2013, 04:35 AM
I too like the all blue uniforms. Seem to be in the minority.

Yea, same here. The orange is great but still love the all blue.

Skinny
10-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Yea, same here. The orange is great but still love the all blue.

I've got nothing against the all blue. I prefer that to the blue jersey's and white pants. But i love seeing us decked out in orange. Takes me back to good ole days.

OrangeHoof
10-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Cowboys are one of the few NFL teams that prefers white home jerseys. So visitors either wear their home colors or the alternates.

The trick with Dallas is to get them into their blue jerseys which they have a much poorer winning percentage when they wear them. Their fans, OTOH, prefer wearing the blue jerseys to the white ones (white makes the bellies stand out more) which is a bit ironic.

I prefer us in orange to blue so it doesn't really move the needle for me.

BroncoWave
10-02-2013, 08:28 AM
I like the all-blues. The orange jerseys are definitely better, but that doesn't mean we can't go blue once a year.

BroncoJoe
10-02-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm OK with it, but I'd much rather see this as our alternate:

http://i.imgur.com/vhpC5.png

MasterShake
10-02-2013, 09:22 AM
I like the all blue jerseys, too. I wonder if the bright orange jersey helps Peyton and other players see each other better in bad weather games?

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
The onesie is not my favorite look.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 09:39 AM
I like the Blue on blue.. and hope we NEVER go Orange on Orange. But I think the Orange is reserved for Home games, boys... so when we play a team that likes to wear their whites at home, expect us to wear alternates.

I also think its funny that the home team fans will be wearing OUR colors. To me, that's a PERFECT set up. You look up into the stands and see the colors of OUR team. BOOOO Yah!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 11:05 AM
With Dallas wearing white, I see no other option for the Broncos, as the orange uniforms are their home uniforms.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 11:22 AM
With Dallas wearing white, I see no other option for the Broncos, as the orange uniforms are their home uniforms.

Not necessarily. It's the home team's choice which jerseys they will wear. Lots of warm weather teams choose to wear white at home which forces the away team to wear their dark jerseys. Denver got a slap on the wrist from the league one time for not bringing their dark jerseys to San Diego (think it was SD, might have been Miami) when San Diego wanted to wear white at home.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Not necessarily. It's the home team's choice which jerseys they will wear. Lots of warm weather teams choose to wear white at home which forces the away team to wear their dark jerseys. Denver got a slap on the wrist from the league one time for not bringing their dark jerseys to San Diego (think it was SD, might have been Miami) when San Diego wanted to wear white at home.

I don't know what you mistook carol to say, but I think she is saying that since Dallas is wearing White...and our Orange jerseys are for our home stadium...that leaves us with only one choice, blue.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I don't know what you mistook carol to say, but I think she is saying that since Dallas is wearing White...and our Orange jerseys are for our home stadium...that leaves us with only one choice, blue.

What I'm saying is there's nothing prohibiting Denver from wearing orange on the road. It's our "dark" jersey not our "home" jersey. Maybe the brass decided to wear blue if Denver was on the road and the opposing team wore white, but there's no rule stopping Denver from wearing orange.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
What I'm saying is there's nothing prohibiting Denver from wearing orange on the road. It's our "dark" jersey not our "home" jersey. Maybe the brass decided to wear blue if Denver was on the road and the opposing team wore white, but there's no rule stopping Denver from wearing orange.

I don't think anyone is saying it's a rule.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't think anyone is saying it's a rule.

I wasn't trying to start a fight about it. She said she didn't think there was another option. I was just trying to point out that there was nothing stopping them from wearing orange.

Dzone
10-02-2013, 12:06 PM
For a road uni its pretty cool I guess. Maybe better than going all white, which is what we would normally do on the road. Dallas has been all white at home since forever. Wonder why they ever went that way. Traditions are made to be broken.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Orange has made a full comeback.

The NFL officially approved the Broncos' request to change their home jersey from dark blue to burnt orange.

Orange you glad? Team surveys say so.

"This is what our fans wanted," Broncos president Joe Ellis said. "And we're going to accommodate their wishes starting with 2012."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19031069

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.uni-watch.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Why do baseball and basketball teams wear white at home, but football teams wear white on the road? And what’s up with the NHL?
Early baseball teams had a hard time finding good laundry facilities while traveling, so they started wearing gray on the road, because it hid the dirt better.

Early football teams often had only one jersey, usually colored. Some teams also had a white jersey for use on the road, but this was generally worn only if the two teams in a game had similar color schemes (which is pretty much how it currently works in European soccer). When games started to be televised, road whites became more important, because many colors looked the same on black-and-white TV. So the TV era also marked the start of the two-jersey era. But keep in mind that under current NFL rules, football teams don’t truly have “home” and “road” uniforms — they simply have white and color, and the home team gets its choice of which one to wear. While most teams choose to wear color at home, there are several, like the Cowboys and Redskins, that prefer to wear white at home.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Yes, if Dallas wore something other than a white uniform at home, the Broncos would be wearing their white uniforms at Dallas.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Yes, if Dallas wore something other than a white uniform at home, the Broncos would be wearing their white uniforms at Dallas.

So they have the choice to wear orange in Dallas or blue in Dallas and they chose blue.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 01:06 PM
So they have the choice to wear orange in Dallas or blue in Dallas and they chose blue.

Not sure of that, as the article I posted stated that the Broncos had to get permission from the NFL for orange to be their home jerseys, but since Dallas wears white, I am not sure if the Broncos could have wore orange. Maybe they could, but they want to keep that for home only.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 03:25 PM
No, our primary home jerseys are orange.

Away our choices are blue or white, depending on what color the home team will be wearing. Cowboys jerseys are going to be white....so it was blue for us by default. You wont see us wearing orange on the road unless maybe its the SuperBowl. Not a rule but thats just what we do.

You wouldnt want both teams wearing white, looks too confusing and we want our team to stand out. Usually once or twice a year we will wear all blues, this will be one of those times.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 04:17 PM
No, our primary home jerseys are orange.

Away our choices are blue or white, depending on what color the home team will be wearing. Cowboys jerseys are going to be white....so it was blue for us by default. You wont see us wearing orange on the road unless maybe its the SuperBowl. Not a rule but thats just what we do.

You wouldnt want both teams wearing white, looks too confusing and we want our team to stand out. Usually once or twice a year we will wear all blues, this will be one of those times.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know this to be fact? It wasn't what Denver did when the primary color was blue.

As far as wearing white, it's against NFL rules to wear white if the home team chooses to do so.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you know this to be fact? It wasn't what Denver did when the primary color was blue.

As far as wearing white, it's against NFL rules to wear white if the home team chooses to do so.

You may have just answered your own question.

I don't know if it's a rule MO, I just think it's more along the lines of what teams want or like to do.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 04:32 PM
You may have just answered your own question.

I don't know if it's a rule MO, I just think it's more along the lines of what teams want or like to do.

It's a rule.

I'm more curious about where this notion that Denver will never wear orange on the road comes from. I like to follow the uniform stuff, and I've never heard that.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
It's a rule.

I'm more curious about where this notion that Denver will never wear orange on the road comes from. I like to follow the uniform stuff, and I've never heard that.

Orange would be logical but usually when a team designates a home color jersey it is that way for the year. Like I said earlier, I don't recall any NFL team wearing a home jersey away. Maybe it's happened before but I really don't recall any team doing that. I guess it just wouldnt make sense when we have an alternate jersey anyway and there really is no need for the orange.

Picking Away Colors

The NFL rulebook states that the home team gets to decide which jersey it will wear, and because most home teams choose to wear darker uniforms with their primary team colors on it at home, it is standard for the away teams to wear white or darker on the road so that the two teams can be easily distinguished by the players, referees, and fans. Thus, teams must have "away" colors, which are generally white or darker with the primary team colors only being used to mark the numbers on the front and back of the jersey. If the home team wears a white jersey, like the Dallas Cowboys do, then the away team must wear its darker team-colored jersey on the road so that there is a contrast between the two teams on the field.

Picking Alternate Colors

In addition to an NFL team choosing its primary home colors and secondary away colors, it may also develop a third jersey with alternate colors on it. The alternate jersey can be a throwback of an older design, or it can be entirely different colors than the primary team colors. For example, the Arizona Cardinals wear red and white, yet the color of their alternate jersey is black. According to NFL rules, a team may pick any colors it desires for its third jersey and may wear these alternate colors for one preseason game and two regular season games each year.

underrated29
10-02-2013, 04:46 PM
I really like the solid Orange. We need to wear that more often.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 04:47 PM

We already do. At home every single game. 8 games a year and playoffs if it is home field. You want them everytime we take the field?

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 04:47 PM
I think EVERY Team that plays IN Dallas has to wear their home (Dark) jerseys, as Dallas always wears white. I don't think every team that visits Dallas wears an "alternate" jersey color. I think Denver is just choosing to do that this week.

As far as my comments earlier about Denver keeping their "Orange at home"..was purely meant to mean that Denver is keeping the Orange jerseys for their STADIUM colors.. for the home fans. I know that it is not a "rule".... but I thought more of it as a "Denver Treat." Since there are only a very few number of teams that choose to wear their whites at home, the "need" for an alternate doesn't come around very often.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I think EVERY Team that plays IN Dallas has to wear their home (Dark) jerseys, as Dallas always wears white. I don't think every team that visits Dallas wears an "alternate" jersey color. I think Denver is just choosing to do that this week.

As far as my comments earlier about Denver keeping their "Orange at home"..was purely meant to mean that Denver is keeping the Orange jerseys for their STADIUM colors.. for the home fans. I know that it is not a "rule".... but I thought more of it as a "Denver Treat." Since there are only a very few number of teams that choose to wear their whites at home, the "need" for an alternate doesn't come around very often.

They wear their alternate if their away is white.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Orange would be logical but usually when a team designates a home color jersey it is that way for the year. Like I said earlier, I don't recall any NFL team wearing a home jersey away. Maybe it's happened before but I really don't recall any team doing that. I guess it just wouldnt make sense when we have an alternate jersey anyway and there really is no need for the orange.

The Broncos wore their home jerseys on the road twice in 2011 at Tennessee and at Miami. The occasion didn't happen last year.

Just last week, San Francisco, Arizona, Indianapolis, Dallas and Miami wore color jerseys on the road. In the case of all but Dallas they were the "home" jersey.

In week 3, Arizona, New York, San Diego and Atlanta all wore their "home" jersey on the road.

So, obviously, it happens all the time.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 04:52 PM

No.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM

That's a photoshop UR, we've never worn that, even in previous uniform combos...

Northman
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Pfft, i like the all blue so im happy. Will be cool to watch the boys beat up the boys in those uniforms.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 04:56 PM
No.

Yes MO, if the home team is white we will always wear our alternate, blue or orange if we have to. I think a team can only wear alternates 2x a year, after that we might have to wear orange. We wore blue in Dallas years back.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Pfft, i like the all blue so im happy. Will be cool to watch the boys beat up the boys in those uniforms.

Me too.

We will beat them up regardless of what we wear. lol But the all blues look intimidating.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 04:59 PM

What? Everyone's away jersey is white.

MOST teams, when they play the Cowboys in Dallas, will wear their home (dark) jerseys. I don't know what the confusion is.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Yes MO, if the home team is white we will always wear our alternate, blue or orange if we have to. I think a team can only wear alternates 2x a year, after that we might have to wear orange. We wore blue in Dallas years back.

In 2011 Denver wore their blue uniforms on the road in Miami and Tennessee. In 2011, the home uniforms were blue, the alternate was orange.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 05:03 PM
What? Everyone's away jersey is white.

MOST teams, when they play the Cowboys in Dallas, will wear their home (dark) jerseys. I don't know what the confusion is.

We have before but we have an alternate since our home is orange. We have a blue alternate, not sure what the confusion is here. I dont think its a rule to wear home jerseys away but since we have a sick ass alternate we are wearing them.....so thats that I guess.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 05:04 PM
In 2011 Denver wore their blue uniforms on the road in Miami and Tennessee. In 2011, the home uniforms were blue, the alternate was orange.

lol..we are not wearing our home Jerseys away Mo.....we have choices.

K5d5jxJ5vbM

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 05:06 PM
We have before but we have an alternate since our home is orange. We have a blue alternate, not sure what the confusion is here. I dont think its a rule to wear home jerseys away but since we have a sick ass alternate we are wearing them.....so thats that I guess.

:confused: Of course it's not a rule to wear our home jersey. But you were making it sound as if it was a rule to wear the "alternate" jersey when visiting a team that wears their whites. You DO know that you are the one confusing this conversation, right??

Ok, who's on first?

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 05:07 PM
:confused: Of course it's not a rule to wear our home jersey. But you were making it sound as if it was a rule to wear the "alternate" jersey when visiting a team that wears their whites. You DO know that you are the one confusing this conversation, right??

Ok, who's on first?

No, he's on second.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 05:08 PM
No, he's on second.

What's on second.

I dunno..
Third Base!

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 05:09 PM
What's on second.

I dunno..
Third Base!

Who.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 05:10 PM

Ok, who's on first?

Ok start over.

The year 2013

Home Jerseys = Orange
Away Jerseys = White
Alternate Jerseys = Blue

When we play home teams that already wear white at home we wear alternates, which are blue.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Ok start over.

The year 2013

Home Jerseys = Orange
Away Jerseys = White
Alternate Jerseys = Blue

When we play home teams that already wear white at home we wear alternates, which are blue.

OK.

Is this a new team rule? Because in 2011 that was not the case.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Ok start over.

The year 2013

Home Jerseys = Orange
Away Jerseys = White
Alternate Jerseys = Blue

How many times do we play a team that will wear their whites for their home jerseys? Once?

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Who.

He's on first.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 05:31 PM
How many times do we play a team that will wear their whites for their home jerseys? Once?

Its rare to run into this problem but maybe once a year on average. There are only a handfull of teams that wear white home jerseys. We would wear the orange if we didnt have an alternate.

I am looking forward to throwbacks. Are we going to wear the 80s throwback this year?

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Its rare to run into this problem but maybe once a year on average. There are only a handfull of teams that wear white home jerseys. We would wear the orange if we didnt have an alternate.

I am looking forward to throwbacks. Are we going to wear the 80s throwback this year?

Den, you are really making a lot of stuff up, or are just being confusing on purpose, because you are making a lot of statements as if they are facts and other statements that are just obvious.

I mean, we all know that it's rare to play a team that wears white as their home team, unless you play in a couple of team's divisions in which they wear white all the time.

But you make it sound like it was a 2013 fact that we would wear our alternates when playing against any home team that wears their whites instead of just wearing our alternates on this ONE game.... since it would be the ONE occasion we could wear our blues at all. I mean, obviously we would wear our oranges if we didn't have the "alternate".... right? I mean, we have an orange home jersey. But since we wear the oranges at home, and this is the one game we can wear darks while Away...... we are choosing to wear our alternate colors. That's not a rule, or anything, its just a choice. You understand that, yes?

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 05:43 PM

You're obviously not going to listen to me or respond to me, but no, we are not wearing throwbacks this year.

UnderArmour
10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm on board with the blue jerseys in Dallas. Last time, a running back from Wisconsin had a 55 yard run in overtime to set up Jason Elam for a game-winning field goal. This time, hopefully we get 55 points on the board and skip that overtime game-winning field goal stuff.

Joel
10-02-2013, 06:15 PM

As also noted in the other thread, Dallas may be the only team that hates its blue uniforms more than Denvers fans. It's not as bad as in the Landry days, but for decades Cowboys players and fans considered their blue jerseys unlucky and avoided them wherever possible. That's probably why they're wearing white at home (again) and thus forcing us to wear blue by default; they always think of THEMSELVES in silver and white. For what it's worth, I prefer both their blue jerseys and ours, but most of both fanbases disagrees.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 06:49 PM

Took a little work, but in the last 10 years, Denver has had six of these games where the home team chose to wear white.

They wore their "home" blue jersey in the first 5. At Tampa Bay in 2004, at Miami in 2005, at Cincinnati in 2009, at Miami in 2011 and at Tennessee in 2011.

They did wear a 1960 white alternate at San Diego in 2009, but that was a league celebration.

This is the first time in the last 10 years they've worn an alternate color jersey at an away game. The Broncos and Cowboys did play a Color vs. Color throwback on Thanksgiving in 2001, where the Cowboys wore a throwback blue with white sleeves and the silver helmet and Denver wore the 1970s-1980s uniforms. I think that was the last time Denver wore that throwback.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
from article:

This is interesting in that our quarterback now is Manning, who played his college football at Tennessee. The trademark shout at Tennessee is “Go, Big Orange,” and some version of that will turn out to be very fitting for the Broncos in their new togs, which will feature orange as the primary home uniform. The former alternate jersey becomes the new primary jersey, as worn by future Hall of Fame cornerback Champ Bailey at the unveiling in New York, the road while (I assume the word should have been white, not while) will stay the same, and Denver’s alternate jersey, which may be worn for two regular season games, now is the navy blue.

full article - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/new-uniforms-and-old-traditions/

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 06:52 PM
from article:

[/B]

full article - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/new-uniforms-and-old-traditions/

And they could have worn the orange uniform in Dallas, but they chose not to.

PatriotsGuy
10-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Riveting stuff

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Den, you are really making a lot of stuff up, or are just being confusing on purpose, because you are making a lot of statements as if they are facts and other statements that are just obvious.

I mean, we all know that it's rare to play a team that wears white as their home team, unless you play in a couple of team's divisions in which they wear white all the time.

But you make it sound like it was a 2013 fact that we would wear our alternates when playing against any home team that wears their whites instead of just wearing our alternates on this ONE game.... since it would be the ONE occasion we could wear our blues at all. I mean, obviously we would wear our oranges if we didn't have the "alternate".... right? I mean, we have an orange home jersey. But since we wear the oranges at home, and this is the one game we can wear darks while Away...... we are choosing to wear our alternate colors. That's not a rule, or anything, its just a choice. You understand that, yes?

omg Ravage, really dude? We can wear the orange ones but we try to avoid doing that on the road. I am really sorry if I implied we couldnt wear orange on the road and if I did then I was wrong. This whole discussion has been black and white. The Cowboys have white at home so X out white for us. We can wear orange but since we have alt jerseys we first will choose those. Just like the article Carol just posted and what I said earlier we will generally wear our alt jerseys up to TWO times a year. I really dont know what you are missing here. You are consfusing yourself really...but you are correct about us wearing orange if we didnt have the alternate ones. My whole point was since we DO have them then thats what we will go with and clearly the Broncos chose to do so. Is that fair enough???

You're obviously not going to listen to me or respond to me, but no, we are not wearing throwbacks this year.

Sorry, I was rushing out the door earlier and didnt really have a whole lot of time to reply to everyone. I have been wanting for years now for us to wear the 80s/Elway era throwbacks. And yes we all listen to you MO! :elefant:

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Riveting stuff

We will show you riveting stuff Nov 24th.

Dzone
10-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Orange would have been better but screw it, we're kicking their ass either way
Romo calls out Broncos secondary! Someone start a thread!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/10/02/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-denver-broncos-secondary/2912851/

Day1BroncoFan
10-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Broncos be in blue.
Cowgirls will be blue.

;)