PDA

View Full Version : When Champ comes back...

Skinny
10-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Sorry if this already been a hot topic, but i'll rehash it if it has to get your opinions agian...

1) - Do we leave DRC on the #1 receiver and have Champ take away the #2 receiver or...

2) - Do the coaches move Champ back to his normal position manning the #1 and put DRC on the #2.

3) - Or will Harris take the #2 since he's also been playing well.

Thoughts? Preference?

Army Bronco
10-01-2013, 11:19 PM
I think Champ should take whoever is on the Left and DRC on the right. Then switch. Harris always takes nickel. Carter gets them all water.

Dapper Dan
10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
JDR leaves for USC and Champ begins coaching the defense.

MOtorboat
10-01-2013, 11:24 PM
I think it will be a combination of 1 and 2.

Joel
10-01-2013, 11:27 PM
A very good question; wish I knew the answer. If it were my call I'd say whoever's most consistent in practice should be #1, but it could be hard even by that metric. It might be as simple as Cromartie on the fastest #1/#2, or Champ on the best route runner, or both. The difference in their Combine 40s was 0.01 seconds, so if Champ's lost even half a step Cromartie's almost certainly faster, but he also doesn't have anywhere near Champs experience, knowledge, anticipation or ability to read plays. I can only say, with many good receivers to test both against in practice, deciding who's better today is a nice problem to have.

DenBronx
10-01-2013, 11:37 PM
It's a good problem to have. Can't go wrong with either of our 3 CBs really. Even our rookie CB is looking good so if someone starts wanting a big pay day we could just keep developing our young guys. As good as DRC is, it might be hard to pay him long term after this season. Unless Bailey will re-do his contract.

underrated29
10-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't care as long as we double des, he is a sick nasty beast, and kayvon lines up on witten. I don't like Danny t on witten and jammer sux.

Witten and dez. Shut them down and let the rest of the team go after romo and Murray.

Joel
10-02-2013, 12:05 AM
It's a good problem to have. Can't go wrong with either of our 3 CBs really. Even our rookie CB is looking good so if someone starts wanting a big pay day we could just keep developing our young guys. As good as DRC is, it might be hard to pay him long term after this season. Unless Bailey will re-do his contract.
If it comes to a choice, much as I hate to say it, I'd rather keep Cromartie simply because Champ doesn't have a ton of years left whether we pay him or not. Assuming Cromartie maintains his current level of play, of course; if he gave up a ton of yards/TDs over the rest of the season that would obviously change things. We'd probably still be very strong with him and Harris #1/#2; my concern there is more whether Carter or anyone else would be a quality NB. Nickelbacks are no less important than slot receivers in the modern NFL, and neither Carter nor Webster are consistently good enough for me to feel comfortable with them there.

Personally, I think (hope) Champ realizes and accepts he won't get $9 million/year anywhere at this stage so it won't be an issue. Part of the urgency I feel is how many contracts end this year and next.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Now...Denver should just cut All Pros.

Brilliant.

Ziggy
10-02-2013, 01:14 AM
I think they put DRC on the speedsters as long as Champ can still hold his own with the others.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 01:21 AM
If it comes to a choice, much as I hate to say it, I'd rather keep Cromartie simply because Champ doesn't have a ton of years left whether we pay him or not. Assuming Cromartie maintains his current level of play, of course; if he gave up a ton of yards/TDs over the rest of the season that would obviously change things. We'd probably still be very strong with him and Harris #1/#2; my concern there is more whether Carter or anyone else would be a quality NB. Nickelbacks are no less important than slot receivers in the modern NFL, and neither Carter nor Webster are consistently good enough for me to feel comfortable with them there.

Personally, I think (hope) Champ realizes and accepts he won't get $9 million/year anywhere at this stage so it won't be an issue. Part of the urgency I feel is how many contracts end this year and next.

I know there are alot of Champ lovers here and really I am too. But really Joel you are right here. Champ might be our 3rd best option at DB and his contract might be out of whack. I would like to see that money spread between all three of those guys and keep them all. Lets face it, Harris and DRC look like what Champ used to look like, a lock down corner.

Just being honest, I know I will get some flack for that. We have to keep DRC, he has been one of the biggest suprises of this offseason. I wasnt suprised by Welker because I already knew he was going to go apeshit.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 01:26 AM

Brilliant.

Nah, that's not what he was saying at all. The problem is we just might have two guys playing at a very high level and it might be in the best interest of the team to keep the younger guys. No one is saying cut Champ but maybe he should restructure, spread the love around if possible. Does he want that ring or not? He has more money than he could ever imagine. I am not sweating this at all really because Elway seems to really know how to work the cap.

Might come down to Decker or DRC. The young guys should be our first priority though. Manning is the only exception to the rule I think.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 01:35 AM
I am more along the lines thinking we will trade someone. We are loaded with talent and we need to know when to hold em and when to fold em. Draft picks are always nice. I see some future trades happening if anything else.

dogfish
10-02-2013, 03:04 AM
When Champ comes back...

we move him to safety. . . duh. . .

:heh:

Skinny
10-02-2013, 05:45 AM
JDR leaves for USC and Champ begins coaching the defense.That's messed up man... :lol:

Skinny
10-02-2013, 05:50 AM
A very good question; wish I knew the answer. If it were my call I'd say whoever's most consistent in practice should be #1, but it could be hard even by that metric. It might be as simple as Cromartie on the fastest #1/#2, or Champ on the best route runner, or both. The difference in their Combine 40s was 0.01 seconds, so if Champ's lost even half a step Cromartie's almost certainly faster, but he also doesn't have anywhere near Champs experience, knowledge, anticipation or ability to read plays. I can only say, with many good receivers to test both against in practice, deciding who's better today is a nice problem to have.

That was my line of thinking. I'm jut glad we have some intelligent posters around here and didn't think my question was more along the lines of 'demoting' Champ, which it wasn't, but putting our DBs in the best situation to succeed and matchups that favor our secondary.

Skinny
10-02-2013, 05:55 AM
When Champ comes back...

:heh::flame:

BroncoWave
10-02-2013, 07:26 AM

Brilliant.

Yeah, except he didn't say that at all...

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Yeah, except he didn't say that at all...

Yes he did. He said he'd rather keep Cromartie over Bailey. That means, at least to me, that he wants to sign Cromartie to a deal and cut Bailey because he's not worth what he's making. I think that was a pretty straight forward part of his argument. And one that I think is stupid.

BroncoWave
10-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Yes he did. He said he'd rather keep Cromartie over Bailey. That means, at least to me, that he wants to sign Cromartie to a deal and cut Bailey because he's not worth what he's making. I think that was a pretty straight forward part of his argument. And one that I think is stupid.

I guess you glossed over where he said he hopes Champ would restructure and stay.

But to answer your premise, is it that stupid? Bailey is 35. DRC is 27. If DRC keeps up this level of play all season, I don't see it as farfetched at all to want to keep him over Champ. I know we all love Champ (just look at my old username), but I don't think it's "stupid" to say you would rather have DRC going forward. We will proabably have a much better idea of it, though, once we see how Champ plays this year and if DRC can keep up his high level.

Broncolingus
10-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Carter gets them all water.

Nice...:D

...and agreed.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 07:59 AM
I guess you glossed over where he said he hopes Champ would restructure and stay.

But to answer your premise, is it that stupid? Bailey is 35. DRC is 27. If DRC keeps up this level of play all season, I don't see it as farfetched at all to want to keep him over Champ. I know we all love Champ (just look at my old username), but I don't think it's "stupid" to say you would rather have DRC going forward. We will proabably have a much better idea of it, though, once we see how Champ plays this year and if DRC can keep up his high level.

By every metric and standard possible Bailey is light years better than Cromartie and has a massive track record to prove that even at 35 and 36. I'm not going to agree with people saying Cromartie is better after four games.

BroncoWave
10-02-2013, 08:06 AM
By every metric and standard possible Bailey is light years better than Cromartie and has a massive track record to prove that even at 35 and 36. I'm not going to agree with people saying Cromartie is better after four games.

No one is saying Cromartie is better. I'm not at least. I'm saying that even if you think DRC is close to as good as Champ (which is entirely possible) it could make more sense to keep him over a 35 year old. Champ isn't going to get any better. He can only loose speed the older he gets. It's not completely crazy to prefer to keep DRC if he keeps up his level of play all season.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 08:06 AM
No one is saying Cromartie is better. I'm not at least. I'm saying that even if you think DRC is close to as good as Champ (which is entirely possible) it could make more sense to keep him over a 35 year old. Champ isn't going to get any better. He can only loose speed the older he gets. It's not completely crazy to prefer to keep DRC if he keeps up his level of play all season.

If.

TXBRONC
10-02-2013, 08:12 AM
When Champ comes back...

:heh:

It's either that or middle linebacker.

BroncoWave
10-02-2013, 08:19 AM
If.

Yes, we are speaking in hypotheticals about the offseason given that it's week 4. Glad we are all on the same page now.

BroncoWave
10-02-2013, 08:20 AM
I feel like we have effectively run the "move Champ to safety" joke into the ground at this point.

Mr Bojangles
10-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Sorry if this already been a hot topic, but i'll rehash it if it has to get your opinions agian...

1) - Do we leave DRC on the #1 receiver and have Champ take away the #2 receiver or...

2) - Do the coaches move Champ back to his normal position manning the #1 and put DRC on the #2.

Thoughts? Preference?

Well, it's not quite as simple as that.

it depends on who your team's up against and what else you may have to try to take away. If you can rely on getting safety help, your options expand. But if you're trying to take away a TE or stop the run, you may not be able to scheme the help. Sometimes you put your #2 on their #1 with help over the top, leaving your #1 to, hopefully, shut down their #2. Sometimes for the entire game, depending on circumstances, sometimes switching it up and doing the opposite to keep the QB off guard.

CoachChaz
10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Let the gimpy Champ cover the gimpy Austin. That'll even things out

claymore
10-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Champ is one of the least improtant guys on the team. I hope he restructures.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Champ is one of the least improtant guys on the team. I hope he restructures.

lol.

Oh Clay.

claymore
10-02-2013, 09:37 AM
lol.

Oh Clay.
He is old and slow, with a big fat forehead. I wish we could get Clinton Portis back.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 09:40 AM
He is old and slow, with a big fat forehead. I wish we could get Clinton Portis back.

Lol.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 09:43 AM

Thoughts? Preference?

I think that considering Champ has lost a step, but is still fast, he is a FANTASTIC corner to put on the #2 WR and keep the faster DRC on the #1 for now. Harris on the nickle slot, and our defensive backfield just became STUDLY.

jhns
10-02-2013, 09:50 AM
There were very few games last season that Champ actually followed a #1 receiver around the field. They will likely just play sides of the field with Champ on the side he has played for many years.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 09:56 AM
There were very few games last season that Champ actually followed a #1 receiver around the field. They will likely just play sides of the field with Champ on the side he has played for many years.

rarely does any team play 1-n-1 full time. But when in cover 1, you do play your man. I don't want a mis-match of Champ against fast receivers again.

jhns
10-02-2013, 10:00 AM
rarely does any team play 1-n-1 full time. But when in cover 1, you do play your man. I don't want a mis-match of Champ against fast receivers again.

He had one bad game and completely shut that same reciever down a few weeks before it. DRC has had far more bad games in the recent past.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
He had one bad game and completely shut that same reciever down a few weeks before it.

He didn't just have one bad game. He was beat on the field over and over again by AJ Green as well. He's been beaten by the really fast WRs many times, and that's why those guys are great WRs and hard to cover. But it's OK to admit that Champ has a weakness, and he DOES. He's not as young as he used to be and has lost a 1/2 step, and that 1/2 step is enough to get him torched by the fast wide-outs. If DRC doesn't, then it does NOT make sense to simply ignore that fact.

jhns
10-02-2013, 10:07 AM
He didn't just have one bad game. He was beat on the field over and over again by AJ Green as well. He's been beaten by the really fast WRs many times, and that's why those guys are great WRs and hard to cover. But it's OK to admit that Champ has a weakness, and he DOES. He's not as young as he used to be and has lost a 1/2 step, and that 1/2 step is enough to get him torched by the fast wide-outs. If DRC doesn't, then it does NOT make sense to simply ignore that fact.

DRC has been burned a lot more than Champ in recent years. Champ is still one of the best. That is why all analysts keep saying we are missing our best two defensive players. I think this forums exaggerated claim of Champs bad play is kind of silly.

DRC isn't going to shut AJ Green down either...

Dreadnought
10-02-2013, 10:08 AM

It happens to the best. It happened to Louis Wright, and Darrell Green, and Deion Sanders. I actually think Champ is even more complete as a ballplayer than those guys but we haven't really seen Champ play since January, and he had slowed down jest a tetch in 2012. Not hugely, and he was a good to excellent cornerback in 2012. It would be way premature to write him off obviously, but it will happen, and more likely sooner rather than later

jhns
10-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Also, Bailey was with the reciever when he got beat in the playoffs. He tripped as Smith made the catch once and mistimed another swat. It isn't like he was getting beat by speed.

http://presnapreads.com/2013/06/11/champ-bailey-understanding-the-difference-between-reality-and-perception/

CoachChaz
10-02-2013, 10:34 AM
DRC's two years with Philly are a bit of an anomoly. Tons of zone packages and really just not being around the right coaching to get the best out of him. he just happens to be one of those guys that needs to be motivated and by the looks of it...our staff has been doing a good job.

With the rules the way they are today, the good and elite receivers are going to get their catches. But DRC has don a pretty good job so far against Smith, Nicks and Jackson. I'm sure Bryant will get his fair share this weekend, but I feel better with DRC covering him than a gimpy, aging Bailey

jhns
10-02-2013, 10:36 AM
More actual breakdown of play rather than the typical, "but those two guys got a few catches!"

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/sigypcscb.png

The page that chart comes from: https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/pff-signature-stats/#Coverage

jhns
10-02-2013, 11:01 AM
http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-top-10-cornerbacks-the-2012-nfl-season/21353/

A few more numbers thrown out. Again showing that he is still one of the best there is. Sure, he isn't in his prime were he had 11 targets in a season. The thing some of you fail to realize is that a Champ Bailey who lost a step is still better than most everyone else. He is just one of the top corners in the league right now instead of having some of the best ever corner seasons like he was doing a few years ago.

The dropoff is really over exaggerated here.

Harris also got some love here, though he played as a #2:

http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-top-10-cornerbacks-the-2012-nfl-season/21353/

And just to point out the obvious, this team was in the top 4 of every major defensive statistic. That includes #2 in total yards, #3 in pass yards, and #4 in points given up. Bailey was the #1 corner on one of the best defenses in the league last season. I would say the old man held his own.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Champ has lost speed... PERIOD. Am I saying that DRC has been a better corner for his career? No. I'm pointing out the VERY obvious, and that is that Champ has lost speed and has been burned by the speed guys for a couple years now. Lets not exaggerate the point. NOT ONLY is he now a year older than he was last year, but he's coming off an injury at an older age. Something MORE that will hinder his speed. DRC will never be the corner that Champ was at his prime, and champ still has MUCH better "instincts" than DRC will ever have......but that doesn't give him the speed that he's lost.

Of COURSE these WRs beat everyone :lol: Wow, you guys act like I said they aren't good except when facing champ. But we have to be honest, Champ has lost a lot of speed over the years and has shown to be MUCH weaker against the faster WRs. That being said, DRC is younger and faster...and although may never be a "Champ Bailey"...he's STILL good enough to do the job since he has the faster speed to help him.

jhns
10-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Champ didn't get burned by speed though. He doesn't have trouble with fast receivers. Smith didn't beat him with speed in the playoffs. Champ ran with him stride for stride. The link I posted even shows it. It has pictures and all.

You are ignoring facts and making up points. No one has said anything about DRC needing to be Bailey in his prime. I have been pointing out what Bailey did last season, not in his prime. I have no idea what you are going on about.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Champ didn't get burned by speed though. He doesn't have trouble with fast receivers.

I'm sorry jhns, I don't want to sound rude, but I stopped reading after these two sentences. Yes he does. He has for years now, ESPECIALLY when the weather gets colder. I'm sorry that you can't see that, or choosing to ignore that...or maybe you just aren't willing to accept that Champ has slowed down.

jhns
10-02-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry jhns, I don't want to sound rude, but I stopped reading after these two sentences. Yes he does. He has for years now, ESPECIALLY when the weather gets colder. I'm sorry that you can't see that, or choosing to ignore that...or maybe you just aren't willing to accept that Champ has slowed down.

As he shut down Smith a few weeks before the playoffs. The couple of deep throws in the playoffs were because he got tripped up and mistimed a jump. He was with Smith on both.

I just provided breakdowns and facts. You give a useless opinion that isn't backed up by anything and come with this silly post. Yeah, real credible there Ravage. "I stopped reading because you keep using facts to prove me wrong". Just lol...

Yes, I ignore silly conclusions based on nothing. Imagine that.

We'll get some great defensive coaches opinions on it when he is healthy. Lets see where he lines up.

LTC Pain
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Let's see who performs like the #1 CB on this club after Champ gets back. Then pay them both accordingly next summer. I see Champ declining. The Broncos need to keep DRC, at a reasonable price. If this means Champ restructuring or taking a paycut to keep DRC, then I'm all for it. It's all about what's best for the Broncos.

And if Champ is actually still fast and capable of staying with the elite WRs in this league, so be it. My advice to Champ would then be to start making plays and quit stumbling around giving up TDs like he did against the Ravens in the playoffs last year.

G_Money
10-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Let's wait and see if Champ is healthy before we start wondering what to do with him. I would certainly roll a safety to Champ's side his first game back while we figure out how rusty he is and how effective he is with that foot.

If and when Champ is 100% and DRC is still playing like this we can worry about who is playing where. I do think we'll just put Champ on "his" side and DRC on his and let opposing teams figure out for themselves where they want to attack. There's nothing that says we have to make Champ play on an island 100% of the times if teams have any success going his way. It's a great problem to have.

~G

Ravage!!!
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
As he shut down Smith a few weeks before the playoffs. The couple of deep throws in the playoffs were because he got tripped up and mistimed a jump. He was with Smith on both.

I just provided breakdowns and facts. You give a useless opinion that isn't backed up by anything and come with this silly post. Yeah, real credible there Ravage. "I stopped reading because you keep using facts to prove me wrong". Just lol...

We'll get some great defensive coaches opinions on it when he is healthy. Lets see where he lines up.

You didn't use fact, jhns...sorry. But showing a "this time he didn't get beat deep thus he doesn't ahve problems" is NOT proof.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but CHamp is not as fast as he was, and has problems with fast WRs. He got beat 3 times in that game (lucky that Flacco over through the 1 pass about about a yard or 3 would have gone over Champ that day). When you TRULY find some proof, then I'll look at it. But showing me the "he didnt' get beat by him the earlier game"..and some still picture of him keeping up on one play, really is NOT proof.

Perhaps you just have too much fandom eyes to see the truth on this one.

Joel
10-02-2013, 06:08 PM
That was my line of thinking. I'm jut glad we have some intelligent posters around here and didn't think my question was more along the lines of 'demoting' Champ, which it wasn't, but putting our DBs in the best situation to succeed and matchups that favor our secondary.
The thing is, we've got a lot of talented CBs; that and believing the same wasn't true of our safeties was a lot of why I supported moving Champ there as he lost speed even more vital at CB yet retained the experience, recognition, reaction and tackling so critical at safety. Our safeties look better now, so that's less of an issue—but we still have two other top CBs, another who's good ~60-70% of the time and a rookie who shows flashes of greatness. As much nickel as we have to play Champ remains a very valuable starter; it's not like it will keep Harris off the field.

"If it comes to a choice." That's a very important qualifier. I don't WANT to cut Champ, but IF we MUST choose between him and Cromartie there's little doubt who has the most quality years left, barring injury.

Speaking of injury, Champ's been sidelined since opening day (though he might be back now if 1) our secondary was blowing lots of plays and 2) we were willing to risk making it worse by rushing him back too soon.) Champ's just not as young as he used to be; even three years ago he would've picked Big Ben on the play before the OT forcing TD in 2011, wouldn't have been torched like he was in last years playoffs and might not have missed the first month of the season with an injury. It happens; Elway was arguably the best all around QB ever, but I wouldn't start him NOW. ;)

The great thing about having both is we're not in the place Dre Bly and Andre Goodman left us, when Champ HAD to run from receiver to receiver because our #2 was bad enough teams could just hit everyone else and ignore Champ shutting down their #1. In the unlikely event Champ's getting truly abused by speed we might make a swap, but most of the time it probably won't make a difference which of them covers the #1 and #2 as long as both are on one or the other.

Let's see who performs like the #1 CB on this club after Champ gets back. Then pay them both accordingly next summer. I see Champ declining. The Broncos need to keep DRC, at a reasonable price. If this means Champ restructuring or taking a paycut to keep DRC, then I'm all for it. It's all about what's best for the Broncos.

And if Champ is actually still fast and capable of staying with the elite WRs in this league, so be it. My advice to Champ would then be to start making plays and quit stumbling around giving up TDs like he did against the Ravens in the playoffs last year.
That strikes me as a real possibility; we don't have to wait till game day kickoff to evaluate which is better: We have new-fangled thing called "practice." :tongue: Unless there's a large clear speed difference (which will also be evident in practice) Champs many other superlatives will probably make him the #1. Cromartie just doesn't have Champs experience, read plays as well, recognize and anticipate stuff he's been seeing over a decade and isn't a demon tackler against both runners and receivers.

Take this not-so-hypothetical: We have a game later this year against a team who's #1/2 are even more extremely different than Boldin/Smith last year; rookie #2 DeAndre Hopkins posted a 40 time 0.02 seconds faster than Torrey Smiths, and aging, slowing, oft-injured Andre Johnson is their future HoF #1. Johnson can put moves Hopkins has never even heard of on CBs, but Champ has seen them all; Hopkins might (or might not) blow by Champ, but not Cromartie. How does common sense dictate we respond?

Let's wait and see if Champ is healthy before we start wondering what to do with him. I would certainly roll a safety to Champ's side his first game back while we figure out how rusty he is and how effective he is with that foot.

If and when Champ is 100% and DRC is still playing like this we can worry about who is playing where. I do think we'll just put Champ on "his" side and DRC on his and let opposing teams figure out for themselves where they want to attack. There's nothing that says we have to make Champ play on an island 100% of the times if teams have any success going his way. It's a great problem to have.

~G
True; most of the time we probably CAN leave both on an island, and the flexibility of giving safety to help to whichever needs it, or to Harris, Trevathan or Carter if neither do, is a great place to be.

bcbronc
10-03-2013, 02:23 AM

Didn't Smith leave that first game early with a concussion?

At this point, Champ needs to get back on the field and show the foot issue hasn't cost him anymore speed. After he does that, one plays the left, the other plays the right. We might see the odd gameplan where a specific matchup is preferred, but for the most part I'd think JDR will play them as left and right corners.

spikerman
10-03-2013, 06:45 AM
I've got to admit that I'm starting to get concerned that Bailey won't make it back this year at all. Every week it's the same story - limited in practice, game day deactivation. Hopefully they're just waiting until he's absolutely sure that he's healthy, but the longer this lingers the more likely it looks to be a season long issue.

jhns
10-03-2013, 06:59 AM
You didn't use fact, jhns...sorry. But showing a "this time he didn't get beat deep thus he doesn't ahve problems" is NOT proof.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but CHamp is not as fast as he was, and has problems with fast WRs. He got beat 3 times in that game (lucky that Flacco over through the 1 pass about about a yard or 3 would have gone over Champ that day). When you TRULY find some proof, then I'll look at it. But showing me the "he didnt' get beat by him the earlier game"..and some still picture of him keeping up on one play, really is NOT proof.

Perhaps you just have too much fandom eyes to see the truth on this one.

I showed breakdowns of his entire year as well. You have shown nothing and only respond with "nuh uh!". Really good stuff there Ravage... You saw him get beat a couple of times and make up this theory that is completely wrong. I post breakdowns and you post that you just know. lol...

"He can't keep up with these fast receivers! Showing pictures of him keeping up with them isn't proof that he can!"

This coaching staff has still been leaving Bailey on an island with these fast receivers. You say he has struggled with them for multiple years. You clearly know something they don't. I'm sure they're just homers like me though.

jhns
10-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Didn't Smith leave that first game early with a concussion?

At this point, Champ needs to get back on the field and show the foot issue hasn't cost him anymore speed. After he does that, one plays the left, the other plays the right. We might see the odd gameplan where a specific matchup is preferred, but for the most part I'd think JDR will play them as left and right corners.

No, Smith didn't leave that game.

Joel
10-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I've got to admit that I'm starting to get concerned that Bailey won't make it back this year at all. Every week it's the same story - limited in practice, game day deactivation. Hopefully they're just waiting until he's absolutely sure that he's healthy, but the longer this lingers the more likely it looks to be a season long issue.
I think (hope) it's just a case of not wanting to make it worse by rushing him back too soon, combined with how well the rest of the secondary is playing while he heals. My suspicion (and that's all it is) is that if elite receivers roasted Harris or Cromartie one or two weeks straight Champ would be deemed "healthy enough," but since that's not happening there's no reason to cut short his convalescence.