PDA

View Full Version : Who are your biggest disappointments so far in fantasy football?

Slick
10-01-2013, 06:56 PM
We're 4 weeks in. Who's stinking it up on your team?

Maurice Jones Drew hasn't done diddly for me. I was hoping he might rebound coming off an injury but that team is so bad.

Also, the Giants D. They've scored negative points for me twice.

I only do one team so that's all I've got.

Skinny
10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
MJD
Chris Ivory (had high hopes for him with the Jets but he's been a total bust)
Roddy White (he's been fighting a high ankle sprain so hopefully he'll heat up soon)
Amendola (shoulda guessed)
Kaepernick (started red hot than went stone cold)
Jared Cook (see above)

MOtorboat
10-01-2013, 09:07 PM
C.J. Spiller, Ray Rice and the aforementioned Maurice Jones-Drew have been complete busts.

SR
10-01-2013, 09:10 PM
CJ2K for me. I can't really say Ray Rice because he's been injured.

Bronco4ever
10-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I drafted Eddie Lacy, Ray Rice, and Shane Vereen. Had to put Vereen on IR until he comes back and the other two have been banged up. Luckily I have Manning, DT, And JT to make up for my lack on running backs!

Poet
10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Stevan Ridley, MJD, Roddy White, Ray Rice are the big names. Green could probably stand to be on that list as well. Steven Jackson made it onto one of my teams. I have 18 teams, and I didn't even want him on that one. It just sort of happened.

As far as the lesser guys... Miles Austin was a guy I believed in as a solid WR 3 or flex player. He showed some promise in week one. That's it. Kenny Britt and Wright of the Titans have been dookie butter.

chazoe60
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
MJD can suck a dick

Dapper Dan
10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Way too many to list. :tsk:

Buff
10-01-2013, 11:30 PM
I took David Wilson over Tom Brady. MJD, Steven Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Spiller have all screwed me repeatedly... Basically everyone I drafted across my three teams this season.

Poet
10-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Jax didn't screw you, Josh Johnson did.

underrated29
10-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Spiller and Trent Richardson are the two who I thought would be bosses and suck. The rest listed I didn't really have on my draft board aside from amendola....ppr....

As for others though who I had to take and wasn't thrilled but not upset but have sucked is rg3 and Russ Wilson. I did not expect good things from either this year and normally I do not like to have those types of qbs on my roster but this year I have each in different leagues and they are pissing me off.

Oh- Dwayne bowe. I rated the chiefs very highly this offseason and figured bowe would be a big part of that. I drafted Alex smith in all my leaves. Charles in 1 of them. And the chefs defense in all.....so far this was the rig move for me, but bowe is being a coksmoker. I blame Alex smith as he sucks too (he's only a backup on my squads)

Poet
10-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Trent got ten points last week. He can't be on the list. He was on a worthless Cleveland teams and just got to Indy.

underrated29
10-02-2013, 12:02 AM
10 points still sucks from a starter rb and someone who was drafted in the first two rounds. Norv turner should have done wonders with him. Instead they never ran the ball or called screens or dump passes.

Poet
10-02-2013, 12:03 AM
10 points still sucks from a starter rb and someone who was drafted in the first two rounds. Norv turner should have done wonders with him. Instead they never ran the ball or called screens or dump passes.

Ten points in that circumstance is not bad. Give him another few weeks and he will be laying pipe.

underrated29
10-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Hope so because the team I built with him on it is short on rbs as is.....I have him spiller and David Wilson as my big three......and they are big three pussies.
Rest of team is solid tho but I like to destroy my competition not have games close. Hope you are right king

Poet
10-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Hope so because the team I built with him on it is short on rbs as is.....I have him spiller and David Wilson as my big three......and they are big three pussies.
Rest of team is solid tho but I like to destroy my competition not have games close. Hope you are right king

Wilson is just an utter failure. Spiller was risky in the sense that he's the talent that we think he is, but he had one great year. He's also a little guy.

Trent will lay that pipe like Chaz in a brothel.

MOtorboat
10-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Wilson is just an utter failure. Spiller was risky in the sense that he's the talent that we think he is, but he had one great year. He's also a little guy.

Trent will lay that pipe like Chaz in a brothel.

Spiller is a complete and utter bust.

Poet
10-02-2013, 12:16 AM

Note that I have him on exactly zero teams.

Dapper Dan
10-02-2013, 12:26 AM
I couldn't figure out why there was so much Spiller hype to begin with.

Broncolingus
10-02-2013, 02:09 AM
All four of my drafted running backs - Ball, Wilson, Ridley, and Bradshaw...

Bradshaw, though, I don't necessarily put him in a 'bust' because he had a couple of nice weeks before his patented injury issues popped up...and he is getting old.

The first 3 were waived after week two, and I got rid of Bradshaw after the end of week three...

Gore and Bernard to infinity and beyond I guess...(yes, someone actually waivered Gore).

Skinny
10-02-2013, 06:03 AM
I took David Wilson over Tom Brady. MJD, Steven Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Spiller have all screwed me repeatedly... Basically everyone I drafted across my three teams this season.I feel your pain. Of the 5 leagues i'm in, i'm over .500 in one of them.

Skinny
10-02-2013, 06:09 AM
I couldn't figure out why there was so much Spiller hype to begin with.He was listed as the starter going into the season so i think it was the combination of "starter" and "big play threat" that made him highly coveted. We know what he's capable of when he's healthy and clicking but unfortunately for his owners it just hasn't worked out that way so far.

I would have drafted him if i had the chance but he went fairly high in most leagues and i didn't get the chance. I was fortunate enough to get his then backup in Jackson and he's been one of my more consistent performers, so far. About the only bright spot on any of my teams.

underrated29
10-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm still holding out hope for spiller. Last year in spot duty he averaged like 7 yards per carry and even more in yards per catch. In 200 carries he had 1200+ yards and 7 Tds or so. He was and is definitely worth the hype. It's the way they are using him this year plus him being a jackass and Hurt.

AD wasn't all that great last year until he turned it on like game 5 or 6....not saying spiller will but guys don't always start hot.

CoachChaz
10-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I found an idiot to trade me Doug Martin for MJD...and then TB goes and starts a rookie QB. Lucky me.

At the end of the day, it's hard to find a RB worth a damn, but I think that says more about the passing frenzy in the NFL than anything. I've yet to start a RB at a flex position on any of my teams

Buff
10-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I found an idiot to trade me Doug Martin for MJD...and then TB goes and starts a rookie QB. Lucky me.

At the end of the day, it's hard to find a RB worth a damn, but I think that says more about the passing frenzy in the NFL than anything. I've yet to start a RB at a flex position on any of my teams

I drafted RB-heavy in all my leagues thinking that RB scarcity would be a huge thing. Idiotic philosophy on my part.

Poet
10-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I drafted RB-heavy in all my leagues thinking that RB scarcity would be a huge thing. Idiotic philosophy on my part.

Being RB heavy is carrying some of my teams. Having Rice and Ridley on a team but being able to supplant them with Reggie Bush and Bernard has won me games. I think the trick was being able to nab a QB at the right time. I saw a lot of people taking Colin K, RG3, Ryan and others way too early. I was able to get that extra RB depth, get solid WR's and still end up with guys like Luck, Romo, or Stafford.

claymore
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM

My freak fantasy team features multiple busts.

Colin Kapernick
Boldin
Spiller
Riddley

Not all the busts, but the most notable. I am the Freak Jaguars this year.

Jaws
10-02-2013, 04:02 PM
MJD
Chris Ivory (had high hopes for him with the Jets but he's been a total bust)
Roddy White (he's been fighting a high ankle sprain so hopefully he'll heat up soon)
Amendola (shoulda guessed)
Kaepernick (started red hot than went stone cold)
Jared Cook (see above)

Minus White, same for me with the added woes of owning Stevan Ridley and C J Spiller. Ugh.

Skinny
10-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Minus White, same for me with the added woes of owning Stevan Ridley and C J Spiller. Ugh.

Are one or both of those guys in the Mongolian Beef league?

dogfish
10-02-2013, 09:51 PM
ended up with andrew luck in three of my four leagues, and dude is not helping the cause. . . thankfully, three of the four teams are still playing well, and the other is sitting at .500. . .

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I have McCoy, Forte, and Bush as my three RBs...and ALWAYS start are RB at flex. I always go RBs in first two rounds, with Andrew Luck.. I'm 4-0 :rockon:

Jaws
10-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Are one or both of those guys in the Mongolian Beef league?

Yup, both are.
From heroes (2012) to zero this season.

Skinny
10-04-2013, 05:49 AM
Yup, both are.
From heroes (2012) to zero this season.If you ever feel the need to unload some FF frustration and want to trade one of them, let me know.

Jaws
10-04-2013, 03:54 PM
If you ever feel the need to unload some FF frustration and want to trade one of them, let me know.

Spiller actually showed some sign of life last night!
Glad I started him.

Can you do better than Skull. He sent me a trade request, Ridley for Nothing a while back! :lol:
I almost accepted ;)

Slick
10-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I have McCoy, Forte, and Bush as my three RBs...and ALWAYS start are RB at flex. I always go RBs in first two rounds, with Andrew Luck.. I'm 4-0 :rockon:

Is your league like 4 teams or just full of retards?

Skinny
10-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Spiller actually showed some sign of life last night!
Glad I started him.

Can you do better than Skull. He sent me a trade request, Ridley for Nothing a while back! :lol:
I almost accepted ;)

Not what i wanted to see either since i have Jackson in two leagues. Still had a solid night from Freddy who i started in both of them and he got me 21 points in each respectively.

Pft, like Skully needs anymore help. :rolleyes:

I picked up Blount in a couple of leagues this week so i hope Ridley continues to struggle a bit. :D

Hopefully Blount has earned some more playing time/touches after his showing against Atlanta. I could use the RB help.

atwater27
10-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I drafted Wilson in the 2nd round, but am still 4-0. The worst mistake besides drafting him was leaving Kansas City D and Jordan Cameron on the waiver wire when I knew they would be good this year. My league has practically no bench space. I drafted the Lions defense in the 2nd to last round thinking Suh and Fairly would blow things up this year. oops.

Dapper Dan
10-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I drafted Wilson in the 2nd round, but am still 4-0. The worst mistake besides drafting him was leaving Kansas City D and Jordan Cameron on the waiver wire when I knew they would be good this year. My league has practically no bench space. I drafted the Lions defense in the 2nd to last round thinking Suh and Fairly would blow things up this year. oops.

Yeah. Wilson is a horrible fantasy QB. I picked up Cameron really quick as well. The dude has been a savior.

Jaws
10-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Not what i wanted to see either since i have Jackson in two leagues. Still had a solid night from Freddy who i started in both of them and he got me 21 points in each respectively.

Pft, like Skully needs anymore help. :rolleyes:

I picked up Blount in a couple of leagues this week so i hope Ridley continues to struggle a bit. :D

Hopefully Blount has earned some more playing time/touches after his showing against Atlanta. I could use the RB help.

I picked up Blount in another league where I own Ridley as well, but you beat me to it in Mongol League, plus I couldn't really afford the roster space.
Freddy did well for me this week in a matchup versus Sparkie, 1st time I've played him, as replacement for bye week Doug Martin.

Skinny
10-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I picked up Blount in another league where I own Ridley as well, but you beat me to it in Mongol League, plus I couldn't really afford the roster space.
Freddy did well for me this week in a matchup versus Sparkie, 1st time I've played him, as replacement for bye week Doug Martin.

That's the same reason i played Jackson, because i have Martin. I got super lucky picking Fred up, i got him off waivers this week. I have no idea why the guy dropped him in the first place. He's hit double digits in points every week so far.

Jaws
10-05-2013, 04:58 PM
That's the same reason i played Jackson, because i have Martin. I got super lucky picking Fred up, i got him off waivers this week. I have no idea why the guy dropped him in the first place. He's hit double digits in points every week so far.

Weird decision dropping Freddy. So far he's been better than Spiller.

Skinny
10-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Weird decision dropping Freddy. So far he's been better than Spiller.

Thank god. I've needed all the help i can get from Jackson.

Slick
10-06-2013, 01:05 PM
How could I have forgotten Tavon Austin? I should have known better than to draft a guy who relies on Sam Bradford to get him the ball.

atwater27
10-12-2013, 08:45 AM
I finally dropped Wilson. Now he will go off. Jared Cook seemed like the steal of the century in week one. Then he remembered Sam Bradford was actually his quarterback. He is on the bench this week for Fleener.

Slick
10-12-2013, 09:04 AM
I've got Fleener and Finley from Green Bay. Fleener had a few good weeks there early on in the season.