PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos Running Game Will Surprise You

BSN Denver
10-01-2013, 10:46 AM
By Colin Welsh

The Denver Broncos have proven to be more than just a passing offense through four games of the NFL season. They do have the number one ranked passing offense so far this season, with a record breaking start by Peyton Manning, but that’s not all they have. That’s not all this team is...

Continue Reading.... (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=the-broncos-running-game-will)

Ravage!!!
10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Considering how teams are on their heals with our passing attack, it's certainly helping our run game. But right now, I don't see a RB in the stable that can run down the clock if we needed it.

I did like how well we were running against the Eagles.

Tned
10-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Considering the number of passing attempts, even being in the top half is impressive. This running game is going to continue to improve, as Ball and Hillman gain experience, and as teams try and find ways to stop all of the Broncos receiving threats, taking a "beat us with the run, not the pass" approach to defending the Broncos.

Davii
10-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Considering the number of passing attempts, even being in the top half is impressive. This running game is going to continue to improve, as Ball and Hillman gain experience, and as teams try and find ways to stop all of the Broncos receiving threats, taking a "beat us with the run, not the pass" approach to defending the Broncos.

I expect to see CJ at some point this season as well as Montee hopefully figuring out his fumbles. Pretty shocking to see the stats on the run game, it seemed pretty decent, but it's nice to know it's a better complement than just decent.

OrangeHoof
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
The running game has the best advantage in the world - a passing attack so efficient that the defense almost acts relieved when Manning hands it off. The running game *ought* to produce 4 ypc just because there is nobody keying on them except in short yardage packages.

rationalfan
10-01-2013, 12:58 PM
good post.

run, pass, who cares? i'm just enjoying this team while it's here. so fun to watch.

CrazyHorse
10-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm not surprised. I've noticed how well we've been able to run the football. It's a huge plus. It shows we aren't one dimensional.

Ziggy
10-01-2013, 06:26 PM
The Broncos are 18th in the NFL in yards/carry at 4.0. That's very pedestrian considering no team is putting 9 in the box against Manning. I'd love to see CJ get a chance at some playing time. He looks like the one back on this roster that can make a difference in the running game. Moreno has been solid when there is a hole there, but he doesn't create anything on his own. His blocking will probably keep him in the starting lineup though.

When your team is on pace to crush the single season scoring record, you can't complain. The one thing I worry about is the Patriots syndrome. That team went 16-0 in the regular season and set the current scoring record, but their inability to run the ball when they really needed to caught up to them in the Super Bowl. Then again, the Broncos defense is far better than the Pats defense was that year.

CrazyHorse
10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure our defense is better than the 2007 Pats at least statistically. Let's wait until Von and Champ get back then we'll see.