PDA

View Full Version : Somebody PINCH Me...........

WARHORSE
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
"On a beautiful day in Denver, it was hard to imagine Peyton Manning being better. Ever. We’ve been saying that for a month now, since the seven-touchdown-pass extravaganza on a stormy opening Thursday night rout of the Ravens. But Sunday, the 37-year-old quarterback living out his wildest dreams continued this run of greatness that is unprecedented even to him.

On Manning’s final four touchdown drives of the day against Philadelphia, Denver never ran a third-down play.

Denver had 12 second downs on the four drives. Manning converted all of them into first downs.

Eleven plays, 80 yards. Ten plays, 80 yards. Eight plays, 80 yards. Seven plays, 65 yards.

That’s 36 plays, 28 points, 305 yards. And no third downs.

Ninety minutes after the 52-20 victory over Philadelphia, I told one of the four musketeers Manning uses as his weapons, wide receiver Eric Decker, about the no-third-down thing. He paused for three or four seconds, taking it in, then said: “That is crazy. Crazy. But our mentality is to convert everything. First down, second down, first down, touchdown..."

Continued at http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/30/peyton...1_a2&eref=sihp

I love the Broncos. Been watching them for 35+ years as a devoted fan.

Every year I want them to dominate. I want them to be unstoppable. I want them to CRUSH people.

I would think that my every dream is coming true concerning the Broncos right now.

The stat above is CRAZY.

I should be really, really happy.

But I got this thing in my craw. This knot in my stomach. CAN THIS REALLY BE WHAT I THINK IT IS?

Gulp. Its like, too good to be true. Watching it all begin on thursday night against the Ravens, I was SO pumped.

Each game it has been a dancefest until after this last one.

Im like a deer in the headlights.

Its like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and knowing that it shouldnt be there, so therefore not being able to enjoy it.

I get the feeling I wont have another peaceful thought concerning the BRONCOS until we lift that Lombardi this year if thats whats in store.

This may be the worst team in the history of the NFL................I refuse to say it.

Im going to watch every game going forward knowing that I we may be witnessing something that will be remembered for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

BRONCOS BABY.

YES!!!!!!!

BroncoWave
09-30-2013, 03:21 PM
I get where you are coming from. Like, this is great and all but I'm absolutely loving it. But having said that, no outcome other than a Lombardi will be acceptable this season. It would just be such an enormous letdown if we lose in the playoffs again this year. I just know if we don't win the SB this season we will be in for months and years of the "Manning is a choker in the playoffs" punchline. It kinda makes me sick to my stomach to think about that.

CoachChaz
09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
I get where you are coming from. Like, this is great and all but I'm absolutely loving it. But having said that, no outcome other than a Lombardi will be acceptable this season. It would just be such an enormous letdown if we lose in the playoffs again this year. I just know if we don't win the SB this season we will be in for months and years of the "Manning is a choker in the playoffs" punchline. It kinda makes me sick to my stomach to think about that.

At that point it wouldnt be a punchline...it would be borderline fact

DenBronx
09-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Anything short of a Lombardi is going to dissapoint.

At least for me it is.

WARHORSE
09-30-2013, 03:46 PM

Exactly.

The playoff loss to the Jaguars would PALE in comparison to a playoff loss this year.

Just thinking about it makes me anxious.

Ahhhhh, the drawbacks of greatness............

Ziggy
09-30-2013, 03:50 PM
No one wants to say it, but this team is better than the 97 Broncos. The running game is not near as good, but the passing game and defense is far better. This team is playing without two of its best three defensive players. When Champ and Von get back and get in game shape, you're going to have a defense that can win games itself if needed. Add that to the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL and this team may end up being the best ever. Yeah, I said it.

Joel
09-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I really have nothing to add except emphatic agreement. While the NFL DOES give prizes for second place, no one really wants one; I doubt PFM wears his 2009 AFC Championship Ring much.
Congrats; you now know where PFM is mentally.

Simple Jaded
09-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Why don't y'all worry about the playoffs when they get here?

Dapper Dan
09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
I'll pinch you...hard. No homo.

WARHORSE
10-01-2013, 12:05 AM
No one wants to say it, but this team is better than the 97 Broncos. The running game is not near as good, but the passing game and defense is far better. This team is playing without two of its best three defensive players. When Champ and Von get back and get in game shape, you're going to have a defense that can win games itself if needed. Add that to the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL and this team may end up being the best ever. Yeah, I said it.

Thats just it. Taking into consideration that Peyton and the team, just like everyone else in the league, isnt playing their best football yet.

During the whole game against PHilly, every time Vick ran I knew that had Miller been in the game, half of those would have been sacks and or fumbles.

Champ is really going to have to get himself in some shape cause Harris and DRC are hitting on all cylinders.

I heard Stink say today on the radio that the opposing teams will come into the game thinking they need to pass immediately and will even abandon the run game off the top because their mentality will be that Peyton and the offense is so prolific that you need to score immediately.

And thats true to an extent. As soon as the first touchdown is scored, the opposing defense has to be second guessing themselves.

When we get a lead and our defense goes on its toes while our opponents goes on their heels, the avalanche is going to be crushing.

If anyone thinks the pass rush is anything now, wait until Miller gets his helmet back on.

The man is going to be unstoppable and teams will have to max protect...........uh oh.

With DRC, Harris, Champ, Moore, Ihenacho on the field, or even carter in the dime, this defense is going to put a hurting on some people.

And I cant wait.

A special teams nightmare all the way around, this team will be able to take it to another level.

Gulp.

This team has not accomplished what the 97 and 98 teams have accomplished.

But if it does...........its better than both those teams.

Canmore
10-01-2013, 12:40 AM
With time, we should improve. Scary.