PDA

View Full Version : Eagles defender mocks Peyton Manning’s pre-snap gesticulations

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2013, 03:16 PM
They also yelled “Papa John’s!”

Peyton Manning stepped under center on the first drive of the second half. He was en route to leading his Denver Broncos to the first of three third-quarter touchdowns and a franchise record 52 points against a woeful Philadelphia Eagles defense. Manning saw something in the defensive formation that made him change the play. He called an audible and made wild movements with his hands, as he’s prone to do.

For some reason, this caused Eagles defensive end Fletcher Cox to make hand movements of his own. But his jazz hands didn’t seem to be signaling an audible to his teammates. According to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Cox was simply mocking Manning, as if he were an eight-year-old playing a game of copycat. In the screenshot below, you can see Cox standing up on the line of scrimmage, shaking his hands skyward. He looked like a guy doing the Chicken Dance at a wedding.

Seconds later, Knowshon Moreno gained 10 yards on a run to Cox’s side of the field.

rest - http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/peyton-manning-fletcher-cox/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
When the folks at Papa John’s decided to spend a ton of money on the NFL, they likely didn’t realize that the endorsement actually would make its way onto the field.

But that’s what happened on Sunday in Denver, according to Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin. He told WIP radio in Philly that he heard someone shout the name of the pizza company that presumably pays Peyton a pile of money during the game with the Broncos.

“Well I know — I think I might have heard Papa John’s once, but I don’t know who said it, I mean that’s kind of funny,” Barwin said.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/eagles-were-yelling-papa-johns-at-peyton-manning/

VonDoom
09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Yeah, that really worked out, didn't it? :rolleyes:

Broncolingus
09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
They also yelled “Papa John’s!”

...that's actually pretty funny.

I wonder if they yelled 'Old Spice' at Welker?

I guess if I was facing that offense, I'd try anything I could to stop it too...

...cause nothing else was sure working for them. :D

DenBronx
09-30-2013, 03:23 PM
"Seconds later, Knowshon Moreno gained 10 yards on a run to Cox’s side of the field. "

lmao. Don't mock when your getting owned!

Northman
09-30-2013, 03:24 PM
The Papa John's shout out was hilarious. But not quite as hilarious as the final score.

DenBronx
09-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Wedding cake for Decker
Old Spice for Welker
Papa Johns for Manning
Transformers for DT
Rock, Paper, Scissors for Moreno

DenBronx
09-30-2013, 03:29 PM
The Papa John's shout out was hilarious. But not quite as hilarious as the final score.

Papa 52, Old Spice re-route, Paper Paper!!

Davii
09-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Even funnier with the way it all turned out. I'm willing to bet Cox gets some grief over it this week.

Timmy!
09-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Yell whatever u want, Peyton will just give his little half smirk and throw TDs all day.

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 03:48 PM
I've always wondered why more middle linebackers (with coach's approval and direction) don't "mock" him and try to make up their own "adjustments" and make more pre-snap resets against him.

Joel
09-30-2013, 04:06 PM
“Don’t mock a legend when his offense is humiliating your defense and you end up recording only a single assisted tackle for the entire game.” VERY good advice.

DenBronx
09-30-2013, 04:10 PM
owMJjKj_i3I

DenBronx
09-30-2013, 04:10 PM

weazel
09-30-2013, 04:24 PM
it's kinda pathetic

but not as pathetic as the final score. The Eagles are horrible

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Looks like it might have been the nose tackle.

And that's about the time I felt like the Eagles just gave up...so that kind of makes sense.

GEM
09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Cox was the dude that got caught twice for encroachment on the hard count. Shut up and listen dumbshit!! :laugh: Idiot!

chazoe60
09-30-2013, 04:56 PM
I've always wondered why more middle linebackers (with coach's approval and direction) don't "mock" him and try to make up their own "adjustments" and make more pre-snap resets against him.

I think the best strategy I've seen against Manning was when Defenses would just stand around and not get set, but then Manning just started go on a short count and the ball was snapped before the D was ready and that strategy starting failing. There's not much defenses can do really.

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 05:01 PM
I think the best strategy I've seen against Manning was when Defenses would just stand around and not get set, but then Manning just started go on a short count and the ball was snapped before the D was ready and that strategy starting failing. There's not much defenses can do really.

Yeah, too many weapons...

Remember when we were debating whether or not this receiving corp was better or worse than Wayne-Harrison-Clark...yeah, I think we have our answer.

BroncoWave
09-30-2013, 05:07 PM

Remember when we were debating whether or not this receiving corp was better or worse than Wayne-Harrison-Clark...yeah, I think we have our answer.

They had Stokley in his prime too. But yeah, I do think this one is a tad better, but not bu much. That was a pretty great group.

TXBRONC
09-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Hey Cox, only winners get wings.

weazel
09-30-2013, 05:22 PM
what an idiot kicker

Preeb
09-30-2013, 05:37 PM

Don't you think that they try?

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Don't you think that they try?

I think it looks like they've just given up trying. I don't see a lot of teams trying to make late shifts since he's joined the Broncos.

I don't foresee that changing against Dallas and Kiffin...his defenses have always been pretty straight up.

Welcome to the site, btw.

PatriotsGuy
09-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Well it is a little ridiculous

Day1BroncoFan
09-30-2013, 06:39 PM
College mentality, must be wearing off from their coach. Maybe we should have played them in the parking lot...

Army Bronco
09-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Better receivers, better team, Denver Broncos

Dreadnought
09-30-2013, 08:37 PM
I think it looks like they've just given up trying. I don't see a lot of teams trying to make late shifts since he's joined the Broncos.

I don't foresee that changing against Dallas and Kiffin...his defenses have always been pretty straight up.

IIR the Falcons did it to us last year and it worked. Then it mostly stopped working

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 08:39 PM
IIR the Falcons did it to us last year and it worked. Then it mostly stopped working

True.

gregbroncs
09-30-2013, 09:27 PM

Remember when we were debating whether or not this receiving corp was better or worse than Wayne-Harrison-Clark...yeah, I think we have our answer.That is not a fair comparison. We have Thomas, Welker, Decker, and Thomas.

Dapper Dan
09-30-2013, 11:18 PM
So, do defenders bark at Mike Vick?

Do they scream "Stranger Danger" at Roethlisberger?

TXBRONC
10-01-2013, 08:23 AM
So, do defenders barkat Mike Vick?

I see what you did there.

Preeb
10-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Thanks.

College mentality, must be wearing off from their coach. Maybe we should have played them in the parking lot...

I've heard the Broncos offensive productivity compared to a flag football game. They were talking about the three consecutive scoring drives after the half without ever having to convert a 3rd down.

Northman
10-01-2013, 04:47 PM

Bwhahahahaa, oh man. I would so do that if im a defensive player. That is pure gold.