PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2013-2014 Season...

Broncolingus
09-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Love seeing this ads on NBC for the season...

...can't wait for some NHL!!!

SR
09-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I wish I was excited for hockey.

Broncolingus
09-29-2013, 10:42 PM
I wish I was excited for hockey.

Not?

SR
09-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Not?

I'm not excited, no. The Avs made a couple of moves in the offseason, but they didn't fix any personnel problems on defense. I feel bad for Varley because he's such a good kid and so talented, but he's going to get throttled again this year because it's the same defense as last year that still won't be able to clear the puck out from in front of the net, same defense that can't clear bodies out from the front of the net, and the same defense that seems to never be able to execute a "Hockey 101" style breakout. Yeah, their offense should be pretty potent, and it's going to need to be because on most nights they'll have to score three plus goals per game to win. Just not a whole lot to look forward to.

Broncolingus
09-30-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm not excited, no. The Avs made a couple of moves in the offseason, but they didn't fix any personnel problems on defense. I feel bad for Varley because he's such a good kid and so talented, but he's going to get throttled again this year because it's the same defense as last year that still won't be able to clear the puck out from in front of the net, same defense that can't clear bodies out from the front of the net, and the same defense that seems to never be able to execute a "Hockey 101" style breakout. Yeah, their offense should be pretty potent, and it's going to need to be because on most nights they'll have to score three plus goals per game to win. Just not a whole lot to look forward to.

Ahhh...

Well, NFL, fall classic(s), and NHL...and NO NBA - this is my fav time of the year.

:D

weazel
09-30-2013, 04:32 PM
I was thinking of starting a fantasy hockey league for the forum if there is enough interest... would need at least 8 people but 10 would be perfect.

We would need to do it fast as the league starts Tuesday, so sometime this week would be the best

actually I will start a new thread and see if there is any interest

underrated29
09-30-2013, 04:50 PM
I cant wait for the season to start. Mine starts up too. So pumped.

I also like watching a lot of the teams and games so even if my beloved avs suck...I think we will still be close to the #8 seed.....I will still watch all their games and all of the good games the season will have for us. Plus watching Roy and our new stud Mack will be sensational. Our team is being built just like the Hawks were....Toews, kane, sharp- then go after some D and sign a stud vet (hossa)...see how we are building that way....landy, dutchy, mack- Ryno can for now be our stud vet....just need some D and some goaltending and those young guys to develop. Took the hawks a few years to develop. I see the same for us.

underrated29
09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Sorry weazel.....I just dont have the time to do one. I know its weird. Hockey is my fav sport. I play it twice as week and yet I do zero NHL leagues but do 3 NFL leagues....

Broncolingus
09-30-2013, 05:40 PM
I was thinking of starting a fantasy hockey league for the forum if there is enough interest... would need at least 8 people but 10 would be perfect.

We would need to do it fast as the league starts Tuesday, so sometime this week would be the best

actually I will start a new thread and see if there is any interest

I'm in...let me know.

(...not trying to pawn all the work off on ya, Weaz...)

weazel
09-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Sorry weazel.....I just dont have the time to do one. I know its weird. Hockey is my fav sport. I play it twice as week and yet I do zero NHL leagues but do 3 NFL leagues....

always time...

weazel
09-30-2013, 08:11 PM
here's a link to the league, let me know who you are after you make team name.

http://y.ahoo.it/9BxYLtbE

sorry for putting this in two places, but there are people replying to both

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Dear WTE:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1210693/thumbs/o-TORONTO-SUN-facebook.jpg

weazel
09-30-2013, 08:19 PM
even better... Blackhawks full page ad in the Boston Globe.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/blackhawks-full-page-ad-boston-globe-thank-bruins-595x904.jpg

Some organizations have class, some have coaches that refuse to shake another coaches hand after a loss.

WTE
10-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Sabres Trade Vanek to NYI for Matt Moulson and two draft picks.

Wow!

SR
10-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Sabres Trade Vanek to NYI for Matt Moulson and two draft picks. Wow!

Saw the Vanek move coming

WTE
10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Saw the Vanek move coming

I went to a game when Vanek played for the Golden Gophers. He was a man amongst boys.

SR
10-27-2013, 08:15 PM
I went to a game when Vanek played for the Golden Gophers. He was a man amongst boys.

Always has been. He's awesome and his curve is my favorite to use.

WTE
10-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Always has been. He's awesome and his curve is my favorite to use.

I have also seen Matt Moulson several times many years ago when he used to play for the local AHL affiliate Manchester Monarchs. He was pretty good back then but always seemed to be a perennial AHL'er.

I have been very impressed w/ what he has done w/ NYI but still can't believe he was the centerpiece of a trade for Vanek.

Broncolingus
12-04-2013, 10:42 PM
It can never be called a bad night when the Dead Wings get their sissy effeminate assess pounded at home in a particularly embarrassing manner...

...like they just did :D

Well done, Flyers :salute:

Broncolingus
12-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Hawks/Kings was a great game last night...

...no reason, right now anyway, to think the Hawks won't repeat as champs...

...the are scary good.

Broncolingus
01-01-2014, 02:53 PM
It looks damn cold there at the Winter Classic...

...but I love the snow, throw-back uni's, and great to watch on TV!

Oh yeah, go Leafs!!!!!

Broncolingus
01-01-2014, 05:27 PM
It looks damn cold there at the Winter Classic...

...but I love the snow, throw-back uni's, and great to watch on TV!

Oh yeah, go Leafs!!!!!

...another GREAT Winter Classic!

...with the right team winning :D

Pudge
01-01-2014, 06:12 PM
...another GREAT Winter Classic!

...with the right team winning :D

**** that, I missed the game because of work and the Redwings lost

Broncolingus
01-01-2014, 06:15 PM
**** that, I missed the game because of work and the Redwings lost

...sorry you missed the game, brother.

Great game and atmosphere...

Broncolingus
01-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Av's Ice Girls need to look a little more like this...

...wardrobe revamp (and occasional malfunction) :D

http://brotainment.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/blackhawks-icecrew.jpg

(...that's naughty time...)

underrated29
01-26-2014, 11:24 PM
one of those girls has hockey skates.

Pudge
04-16-2014, 08:35 PM
I haven't watched any hockey this year. I decided I better start just in time for the playoffs. This Tampa Bay Montreal game is awesome

weazel
04-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Av's Ice Girls need to look a little more like this...

...wardrobe revamp (and occasional malfunction) :D

http://brotainment.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/blackhawks-icecrew.jpg

(...that's naughty time...)

just another example of why the Blackhawks are the best.