LTC Pain
09-29-2013, 09:24 PM
- 52 points in a game
- 35 first downs in a game
- Most games with four TD passes (24)

What's next :):):)

CrazyHorse
09-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Hopefully first QB to win a Super Bowl with two different teams.

Dzone
09-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Every week will break a new set of records. Milt Plums record is going down

sneakers
09-30-2013, 06:22 AM
It is hard to believe that the team record was only 50 points....I could have sworn the broncos put 55 on someone during the '98 season

VonDoom
09-30-2013, 09:20 AM
It is hard to believe that the team record was only 50 points....I could have sworn the broncos put 55 on someone during the '98 season

A quick Wiki search tells me that the most they scored in a game in 98 was 42 points. Yes, a mark we've already eclipsed twice in four games, with the Jags coming up. As I think we all know, that team scored 501 points, a franchise record. We would only have to average 27 points a game the rest of the way to top that. Wow. This is just a fun ride right now.

CoachChaz
09-30-2013, 09:33 AM
They can keep all the damn records. If we dont win a title...they mean absolutely nothing

Dreadnought
09-30-2013, 09:59 AM
A quick Wiki search tells me that the most they scored in a game in 98 was 42 points. Yes, a mark we've already eclipsed twice in four games, with the Jags coming up. As I think we all know, that team scored 501 points, a franchise record. We would only have to average 27 points a game the rest of the way to top that. Wow. This is just a fun ride right now.

35 First downs is amazing. 18 in just the Third Quarter is almost absurd. In a good way

I think we could have scored more in 98 but for two things

A) Elway was out for four games, and Bubby Brister got the starts. He did pretty well, but would never be mistaken for #7

B) We pulled some punches late in the year with TD et al. Good thinking, too.

I was really happy to see Osweiler in yesterday, and hope to see lots more of him. You know what would suck big 'uns? Having somebody important get hurt in a 28 point blowout, including you know who. That prospect is so awful I won't write it. Hell, I'd almost like to see Osweiler in the 2nd Quarter versus the Jags if we get up a few scores, record be damned

VonDoom
09-30-2013, 10:03 AM
They can keep all the damn records. If we dont win a title...they mean absolutely nothing

This. I'm just trying to enjoy the ride right now. I could be cynical and say, "Do this in January" but I want to get some enjoyment from watching the games each week. As it is, I'm just trying not to take it for granted and step back and appreciate what we have here, week in and week out.

VonDoom
09-30-2013, 10:04 AM
35 First downs is amazing. 18 in just the Third Quarter is almost absurd. In a good way

I think we could have scored more in 98 but for two things

A) Elway was out for four games, and Bubby Brister got the starts. He did pretty well, but would never be mistaken for #7

B) We pulled some punches late in the year with TD et al. Good thinking, too.

I was really happy to see Osweiler in yesterday, and hope to see lots more of him. You know what would suck big 'uns? Having somebody important get hurt in a 28 point blowout, including you know who. That prospect is so awful I won't write it. Hell, I'd almost like to see Osweiler in the 2nd Quarter versus the Jags if we get up a few scores, record be damned

Great points all around, especially as it relates to injuries. We've had enough problems with that this year. Manning is a competitor and he wants to be out there all the time, so it was especially nice to see Oz out there when the game was no longer in doubt.

And yes, that third quarter. Besides the Raider game (where we were already dominating), the third quarters this year have been absolutely ridiculous. Close games have become blow outs in a matter of minutes, and I don't think I could love it more.

LTC Pain
09-30-2013, 10:25 AM

Oh snap! Enjoy the ride Coach :) Just data points on the road to a championship!

MasterShake
09-30-2013, 10:35 AM

As fun as that season was, it seems after a quick start in those games (we always seemed to score on that initial scripted drive) the Broncos would be up big in the third quarter then just run the ball with TD to close out the other team by suffocating them. This team however not only suffocates them they stab them through the pillow with a knife repeatedly with a blank stare on their face.