PDA

View Full Version : Can any team beat the Denver Broncos? Greatest show on grass???

DenBronx
09-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Following Sunday's 52-20 drubbing of the Philadelphia Eagles, the conversation should shift from the high-flying Denver Broncos chasing the 2007 New England Patriots' scoring record to matching that team's 16-0 regular season.

Picking apart an overmatched Eagles secondary, Peyton Manning broke Brett Favre's NFL record with his 24th game of at least four touchdown passes. He also broke Kurt Warner's record for most touchdown passes through four games, while matching Browns quarterback Milt Plum's 1960 start with 16 touchdowns versus zero interceptions.

After topping the 50-point marker for the first time in franchise history, the Broncos are now on pace for 716 points -- which would shatter the Patriots' 589 in 2007. Manning's on-pace numbers are even more absurd at 468 of 624 (75.0 percent) for 5,880 yards and a 64:0 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000252819/article/can-any-team-beat-the-denver-broncos

underrated29
09-29-2013, 08:37 PM
I have a bad feeling about next weeks game

BroncoWave
09-29-2013, 08:38 PM
The only game the rest of the season we could possibly be an underdog in is at New England. We will be favored in the rest. Honestly though, I don't know if I want us to go 16-0. That would be WAY too much pressure in the playoffs. I'd be fine with 15-1 or 14-2.

DenBronx
09-29-2013, 08:40 PM

Really? I don't.

Better HC
Better Coaching Staff
Better QB
Better WRs
Better OL
Better DL
Better Offense
Better Defense
Better Owner

Geez I could keep going forever. lol

Nah man, cake walk. Watch.

Hawgdriver
09-29-2013, 08:41 PM
So far this has been an exhibition of Manning and Del Rio's dominance. I pick those two, but credit should be spread through the whole organization, obviously.

I hope it continues exactly like this.

SR
09-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Wes Welker has caught more TD passes than Brady has thrown. LAWL

DenBronx
09-29-2013, 08:42 PM
The only game the rest of the season we could possibly be an underdog in is at New England. We will be favored in the rest. Honestly though, I don't know if I want us to go 16-0. That would be WAY too much pressure in the playoffs. I'd be fine with 15-1 or 14-2.

I think we might lose one maybe two if our starters are sitting late in the season so we can stay healthy for a 1st round bye. Don't see NE beating us either. In fact I think this will be another statement game for us, just like we did with Balt.

Dzone
09-29-2013, 08:44 PM
...after the bye its at SD, KC ,at NE , at KC...tough stretch

BroncoWave
09-29-2013, 08:44 PM
I think we might lose one maybe two if our starters are sitting late in the season so we can stay healthy for a 1st round bye. Don't see NE beating us either. In fact I think this will be another statement game for us, just like we did with Balt.

For the record, I didn't say I think we will lose to NE. It's just the only game I could see us being the underdog in point spread-wise. We may even be favored.

TXBRONC
09-29-2013, 08:45 PM

I don't. It's not that the Cowboys aren't capable of beating Denver but I think Denver is better overall team than the Cowboys.

Broncolingus
09-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Will be interested to see how the OL and Clark esp. does against Dallas next week and a good DL and strong pass rusher...eg. a blind side hit on Manning.

I'm not saying Dallas is a great team, if fact I'd say they are mediocre, but they generally play well at home and are still physical in the trenches.

Denver shouldn't have much problem with Homo and the offense...

...other teams such as NE, Indy, and Houston obviously have potential too, but I'd say the Chefs - in KC - are prob the biggest concern right now.

JMO...

underrated29
09-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Were way better than the boys. I don't like how they match up with us. If we don't blitz romo I bet this game is a lot closer than what we've had.

TXBRONC
09-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Following Sunday's 52-20 drubbing of the Philadelphia Eagles, the conversation should shift from the high-flying Denver Broncos chasing the 2007 New England Patriots' scoring record to matching that team's 16-0 regular season.

Picking apart an overmatched Eagles secondary, Peyton Manning broke Brett Favre's NFL record with his 24th game of at least four touchdown passes. He also broke Kurt Warner's record for most touchdown passes through four games, while matching Browns quarterback Milt Plum's 1960 start with 16 touchdowns versus zero interceptions.

After topping the 50-point marker for the first time in franchise history, the Broncos are now on pace for 716 points -- which would shatter the Patriots' 589 in 2007. Manning's on-pace numbers are even more absurd at 468 of 624 (75.0 percent) for 5,880 yards and a 64:0 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000252819/article/can-any-team-beat-the-denver-broncos

In answer to the question yes Denver can be beat because no team is invincible.

DenBronx
09-29-2013, 08:54 PM

Sure, if we beat ourselves. We would have to make alot of mistakes and penalties to lose. I have never felt so confident about a Broncos team except for the late 90s Broncos.

MOtorboat
09-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Yes.

LTC Pain
09-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Good grief, these are staggering, unconscionable type numbers by PM. Compare his start last season and how he improved, I'm just contemplating if these numbers through the rest of this season aren't so unfathomable after all??? Hell, PM's not "in the zone", he freaking nuked the zone the first four games! I think PM's part alien or was kidnapped by aliens!

CrazyHorse
09-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time. This kind of hubris could be our downfall.

BroncoWave
09-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time. This kind of hubris could be our downfall.

Not it won't be. Fans hubris has literally nothing to do with how well the team plays. I can guarantee you Manning and Fox aren't letting the team get cocky. How cocky we are as fans is completely irrelevant.

CrazyHorse
09-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Not it won't be. Fans hubris has literally nothing to do with how well the team plays. I can guarantee you Manning and Fox aren't letting the team get cocky. How cocky we are as fans is completely irrelevant.

I know fans don't affect the team. I just hope the team doesn't get that mindset. All I can remember is Tom Brady saying, "We're only going to score 17 points?" That was right before they were upset by the Giants.

BroncoWave
09-29-2013, 09:56 PM
I know fans don't affect the team. I just hope the team doesn't get that mindset. All I can remember is Tom Brady saying, "We're only going to score 17 points?" That was right before they were upset by the Giants.

After last year's playoff loss, I can't imagine our team developing that mindset. Brady at that point probably thought he wasn't capable of losing a SB, since he hadn't before. Manning has suffered way too much playoff heartbreak to let his team get any sort of arrogance.

DenBronx
09-29-2013, 10:10 PM

Why? My thoughts dont affect how the Broncos prepare.

Shazam!
09-29-2013, 10:23 PM
I know they were coming off a Championship, but this team is reminiscent of the 98 Broncos. To the 40th power.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Our opponents have combined records of 4-12. I'll feel a little better when we play a good team. I think Dallas, Indy, KC, and New England will be interesting games. We've only had 1 road game. So, I'm not so sure we're the same team on the road. We'll see.

GEM
09-29-2013, 10:55 PM

Tony Dungy. said at halftime of Pansy game that Dallas has Monte Kiffin AS DC, he was the Tampa d in Indy, Manning practiced against it for 7 years and Manning knows that d better than Kiffin knows that d. He laughed at the end of the quote. Manning going to have a field day.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Tony Dungy. said at halftime of Pansy game that Dallas has Monte Kiffin AS DC, he was the Tampa d in Indy, Manning practiced against it for 7 years and Manning knows that d better than Kiffin knows that d. He laughed at the end of the quote. Manning going to have a field day.

Kiffin was never in Indy. Are you saying that Dungy used Kiffin's style of defense in Indy?

DenBronx
09-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Monte or Lane?

Dapper Dan
09-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Monte or Lane?

Monte.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I feel like Indy ran a different defense in Indy than Kiffin/Dungy did in Tampa. I could be wrong though.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2013, 11:17 PM
* Dallas has given up 400 yards passing twice this season.

GEM
09-29-2013, 11:20 PM
I guess he meant he took that d to Indy, and Manning practiced against it. I wasnt listening closely going between pansy game and deckers new show.

I think I would take the coach of the teams word over your feeling that they ran a different d.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2013, 11:33 PM
I guess he meant he took that d to Indy, and Manning practiced against it. I wasnt listening closely going between pansy game and deckers new show.

I think I would take the coach of the teams word over your feeling that they ran a different d.

I guess I'd just like to see the right quote since you were busy watching Eric Decker's new reality show.

GEM
09-29-2013, 11:37 PM
I guess I'd just like to see the right quote since you were busy watching Eric Decker's new reality show.

Pull it up on Snf then. No one forced you to read and respond. No one forcing you to be an ass about it either.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Pull it up on Snf then. No one forced you to read and respond. No one forcing you to be an ass about it either.

Right. I'm an ass on my own free will.

chazoe60
09-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Right. I'm an ass on my own free will.

Yep.

GEM
09-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Go bump some more 3 year old threads instead of being an ass about something I didn't quote because I heard it in passing. If I knew exactly hat he said, I would have quoted it. You understood it because the next post you said when they were in Tampa together. So quit derailing the thread with stupid bullshit and discuss the point of the post instead of details you understood.

Quit being a dick for the sole purpose of being a dick.

Dzone
09-30-2013, 12:10 AM
hehehe...now thats funny

Dungy said "Oh no!" then went on to say that Peyton knows more about the dallas d than monte kiffin...something like that lol...Dungy says some goofy things sometimes

dogfish
09-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Kiffin was never in Indy. Are you saying that Dungy used Kiffin's style of defense in Indy?

I feel like Indy ran a different defense in Indy than Kiffin/Dungy did in Tampa. I could be wrong though.

lmfao! when'd you start watching football, yesterday?

go google the history of the tampa-2, clownshoes. . . :lol:

if you'd said that kiffin is playing a different style THIS year, in dallas, you might actually have a point, not just a pissy attitude. . .

peyton's still gonna hammer 'em. . .

Dapper Dan
09-30-2013, 05:38 AM
I never disagreed that Indy ran a Tampa 2.

I said I believed the defensive style was different. Everyone on the board talks about Indy's defense. They mention how it relied on Peyton to get ahead so Freeney and Mathis could put on pressure. That's not how Tampa played. They had Brad Johnson.

A friend of mine said that Dungy told Manning how to defeat the Tampa 2. I think Dungy and Manning played the Bucs once. I think Manning knows how to beat a Tampa 2. I think he KNOWS how to beat any defense. It comes down to execution.

I agree that Peyton will probably shred the Cowboys. That pass defense has been horrible this year. 450 to Eli. 400 to Phyllis. Way too many yards to Alex Smith and Sam Bradford.

Dapper Dan
09-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Go bump some more 3 year old threads instead of being an ass about something I didn't quote because I heard it in passing. If I knew exactly hat he said, I would have quoted it. You understood it because the next post you said when they were in Tampa together. So quit derailing the thread with stupid bullshit and discuss the point of the post instead of details you understood.

Quit being a dick for the sole purpose of being a dick.

I was trying to figure out what the hell your point was. It looked like Zam's typing.

TXBRONC
09-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Sure, if we beat ourselves. We would have to make alot of mistakes and penalties to lose. I have never felt so confident about a Broncos team except for the late 90s Broncos.

Whether it's because they play poorly or maybe get outplayed it's possible for them to lose.

GEM
09-30-2013, 07:09 AM
I was trying to figure out what the hell your point was. It looked like Zam's typing.

You figured it out by the next post.

Northman
09-30-2013, 07:09 AM

^This

Its been a long while since ive been this confident in a Broncos team. But they can be beaten if they dont stay focused. The reality is a couple of losses would do them good anyway as the longer they go undefeated the more pressure they would be facing. My only hope for them is too win a championship. They could go 11-5 for all i care as long as they win it all.

Foochacho
09-30-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't think Peyton had any trouble with the Tampa 2 when he beat a great Bears D in the superbowl. Funny thing is how kansas city was 2-14 and is now 4-0. They look legit too. The division as a whole is alot better. San Diego and Oakland are going to win some games this year as well. They still like to choke them away but no team should sleep on them.
This Diviion is digging out of the gutter and passing ti to the NFC East.

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 08:02 AM
lmfao! when'd you start watching football, yesterday?

go google the history of the tampa-2, clownshoes. . . :lol:

if you'd said that kiffin is playing a different style THIS year, in dallas, you might actually have a point, not just a pissy attitude. . .

peyton's still gonna hammer 'em. . .

Come on, Dog...you know better than this. Kiffin was never the D.C. in Indy. Ron Meeks was, and while I'm sure Dungy asked him to put in some elements of the Tampa Bay defense, it wasn't the same defense. They weren't running over fronts, they were relying on small, fast linebackers and less Tampa 2, more straight Cover 2.

BroncoWave
09-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Come on, Dog...you know better than this. Kiffin was never the D.C. in Indy. Ron Meeks was, and while I'm sure Dungy asked him to put in some elements of the Tampa Bay defense, it wasn't the same defense. They weren't running over fronts, they were relying on small, fast linebackers and less Tampa 2, more straight Cover 2.

So Tuny Dungy misspoke last night when he said they used the same defense he used in Tampa?

CoachChaz
09-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Dungy said "I took the Tampa 2 to Indy and we used it there, so Peyton practiced against this defense for 7 years". We can take that quote for what it's worth and assume that Kiffin has changed a few things around with it since then, but it still has the same foundation. And quite honestly, I think a QB like Manning is the perfect kryptonite for a Tampa 2 defense. The Dallas defense just isnt all that great. San Diego showed us that yesterday. The flip side...neither is ours really. We showed that we arent perfect against the run yesterday and if the game had been closer, Philly could have run for 200 yards on us. At the end of the day, we have to force Romo to make mistakes and for once...someone on this defense has to cover the TE. We cant let Witten sit down in the soft spot all day

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 08:45 AM
So Tuny Dungy misspoke last night when he said they used the same defense he used in Tampa?

No. I'm sure he knows better than I do what he took and what he didn't, but it wasn't the exact defense Kiffin ran and I don't know why dbfan got jumped on for asking that question, because, all you had to do was watch it to know that it looked different.

GEM
09-30-2013, 09:06 AM
No. I'm sure he knows better than I do what he took and what he didn't, but it wasn't the exact defense Kiffin ran and I don't know why dbfan got jumped on for asking that question, because, all you had to do was watch it to know that it looked different.

I guess you and DB know better than the Coach himself. :shrugs:

And take notes on who started the shit. He had to throw in the smart ass comment about watching the Decker reality show. You should know by now, you bring smart ass to my front door, I'll shove it through yours. :nobiggie:

GEM
09-30-2013, 09:11 AM

Apologies. My phone likes to autocorrect and throw in periods sporadically.

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 10:08 AM
I guess you and DB know better than the Coach himself. :shrugs:

And take notes on who started the shit. He had to throw in the smart ass comment about watching the Decker reality show. You should know by now, you bring smart ass to my front door, I'll shove it through yours. :nobiggie:

Not sure why you're so defensive about this. I just said I couldn't possibly know more than Dungy. That doesn't make a question about it invalid.

Good grief.

PatriotsGuy
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
This sounds familiar, but I really hated the end of that movie.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2013, 11:34 AM
This sounds familiar, but I really hated the end of that movie.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd really rather not replicate that Patriots season. I'd rather go 11-5 and win the SB.

BigDaddyBronco
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM
We are on a roll offensively, but it's a long way to the playoffs. Injuries are key as well as getting Von back. We will need that pass rush against the better QB's in the league. I also would like to see the run game gel a bit as we might need it in the playoffs. Keep working on getting the ball through all 3 backs and letting the OLine work on run blocking after they get these big leads in the first half. At some point in the season they will need to play clock control.

silkamilkamonico
09-30-2013, 01:02 PM
the only team that concerns me is seattle but likely wont see them until the superbowl if they makeit

DenBronx
09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Good grief, these are staggering, unconscionable type numbers by PM. Compare his start last season and how he improved, I'm just contemplating if these numbers through the rest of this season aren't so unfathomable after all??? Hell, PM's not "in the zone", he freaking nuked the zone the first four games! I think PM's part alien or was kidnapped by aliens!

I hope he breaks all of those records. Very possible.

Joel
09-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Hubris ate nemesis. A few years ago the Pats went 16-0 but lost th SB to a 9-7 wildcard; shortly later the Broncos started 8-0, never won again and missed the playoffs entirely. Heck, Mannings Colts once started 13-0 but couldn't win a playoff game; a few years later they started 14-0 but lost the SB. Let's at least wait till we break our first place divisional tie before we start talking perfection.

MOtorboat
09-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Hubris ate nemesis. A few years ago the Pats went 16-0 but lost th SB to a 9-7 wildcard; shortly later the Broncos started 8-0, never won again and missed the playoffs entirely. Heck, Mannings Colts once started 13-0 but couldn't win a playoff game; a few years later they started 14-0 but lost the SB. Let's at least wait till we break our first place divisional tie before we start talking perfection.

6-0, 8-2, but yes.

weazel
09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I dont think you can use the term, "greatest show on grass" because that would be Cheech and Chong.

topscribe
09-30-2013, 04:50 PM
If and when Denver gets past Dallas this week and then NE when they
play them, then maybe I'll start feeling just a little bit giddy . . .

TXBRONC
09-30-2013, 05:33 PM
If and when Denver gets past Dallas this week and then NE when they

The two biggest threats to Denver before their bye wee are the Cowboys and the Colts.

Nomad
09-30-2013, 05:39 PM
BRONCOS need to show up every Sunday and not take any team for granted. It's when you get too comfortable and arrogant when mistakes happen and it'll cost them.

With that said, I'm enjoying watching the BRONCOS. What I find funny is people are all giddy about the points being scored, but when the Chargers or Patriots were doing it some years ago, it was running up the score. The W is all that matters for the BRONCOS.

PatriotsGuy
09-30-2013, 05:46 PM
then NE when they

and do you think we'll still be e-friends with that attitude?

topscribe
09-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Aw, Pags, we could both go to hell, and I would still be your friend there . . . 3579

PatriotsGuy
09-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Aw, Pags, we could both go to hell, and I would still be your friend there . . . 3579

Well I'm not going there!!!!

Ziggy
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM

I want to see Belichick's face when Welker has 15 receptions and 3 TD's against the Pats. He reminds me of Shanahan. Belichick the GM is killing Belichick the coach. The only difference between him and Shanahan is that Shanny had Elway at the very end of his career and Belichick had Brady at the very beginning of his career.

PatriotsGuy
09-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I want to see Belichick's face when Welker has 15 receptions and 3 TD's against the Pats. He reminds me of Shanahan. Belichick the GM is killing Belichick the coach. The only difference between him and Shanahan is that Shanny had Elway at the very end of his career and Belichick had Brady at the very beginning of his career.

Ziggy, you're not good at making friends :(

Joel
09-30-2013, 06:46 PM
6-0, 8-2, but yes.
Right; I stand corrected. :redface:

ShaneFalco
09-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Greatest Show on Grass! definitly! This season does remind me of the 99 lambs. Unstoppable offense! But i think this team has a chance to take a shot at the Dolphins undefeated record.

But we gotta beat the Pats in their house. Only game i see, really being a threat to lose. Mainly because they will spygate just like they did to my lambs!

PatriotsGuy
09-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Greatest Show on Grass! definitly! This season does remind me of the 99 lambs. Unstoppable offense! But i think this team has a chance to take a shot at the Dolphins undefeated record.

But we gotta beat the Pats in their house. Only game i see, really being a threat to lose. Mainly because they will spygate just like they did to my lambs!

Yes, of course they will. Yawn

ShaneFalco
09-30-2013, 07:03 PM
or just hire another teams coordinator midseason for the playoffs.

chazoe60
09-30-2013, 07:06 PM

Topper, I'm positive you'll earn your way to Heaven, and I'm also positive Pags will buy his way in. ;)

Army Bronco
09-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Manning just scored another TD