PDA

View Full Version : FILM BREAKDOWN: Eagles double stack formation

Tned
09-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Spano did a nice job of breaking down one of the formations the Eagles use, which can make it difficult for the Broncos today. Here's his breakdown.

===========================

Welcome to the first edition of Breaking Down The Film. In this series, I will break down a dangerous formation that the weekly opponent is likely to use against the Broncos on game day. Hopefully, you will find this informative and interesting.

THE EAGLES DOUBLE STACK FORMATION

The Eagles come out with wide receivers stacked on top of one another on each sideline forcing the defense to stack their backs in similar fashion. This leaves one linebacker in the second level and is very effective in weakening the middle of the field.

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING....... (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=breaking-down-the-film-eagles)

Army Bronco
09-29-2013, 10:43 AM
If Wolfe and Vickerson shed the blocks, then it won't matter. I'm thinking they will be able to. Is McCoy better than McFadden? I think McCoy is more elusive but not that much better.

Tned
09-29-2013, 11:58 AM
If Wolfe and Vickerson shed the blocks, then it won't matter. I'm thinking they will be able to. Is McCoy better than McFadden? I think McCoy is more elusive but not that much better.

McCoy is playing better, how much is him, how much the O-line, and how much the Vick factor, I don't know.

That double stack is interesting. I've seen teams do that before, but always thought of it from the DB confusion factor to get a WR open, I never thought about how when combined with a very good back and running QB, it makes it harder to defend the run.