PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down The Eagles

BSN Denver
09-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Breaking Down The Eagles
By Colin Welsh - BSN on 09/27/13

The Denver Broncos go head-to-head with the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday, in week four of the NFL season. For the second straight week Denver will face the team that statistically has the number one rushing attack, Oakland was previously ranked number one.

Chip Kelly came to Philadelphia this past off season with a lot of people believing he was going to “revolutionize” the game of football. Kelly was supposed to bring a new style of game with his fast paced offense and heavy running attack.

The Eagles currently are averaging 209 yards a game on the ground. There is not another team with more than 151 yards per game in that same stat line. The Broncos currently hold the number one rushing defense at only 43.3 yards a game.

Speculation is now surrounding Chip Kelly and the Eagles after many...

Read the full article at BrandonSpano.com (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=breaking-down-the-eagles)

gregbroncs
09-27-2013, 06:14 PM
So do the Eagles go the way of the Raiders when playing Denver or are they actually able to run on this defense that so far has been astonishingly good against the run?

Tned
09-27-2013, 06:20 PM
So do the Eagles go the way of the Raiders when playing Denver or are they actually able to run on this defense that so far has been astonishingly good against the run?

McCoy is one of the best in the game right now. That said, Broncos D-line has been incredible, and when there is a small chink in that line, the LB's have been swarming. Pryor is a poor man's Vick, and now we are seeing the real thing. So, it's really hard to say.

I'll be VERY surprised if McCoy only has 10 or 15 yards, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him not get much more than 60-80, and could see him being held to 50 or less.

ShaneFalco
09-27-2013, 06:44 PM
I would say if Broncos had a chance to lose some games this season, this might be one of them. Really depends if Vick and McCoy decide to go off.

Cant wait to watch this game.

Dzone
09-27-2013, 07:42 PM
only 1 three and out in 38 possessions...wow...that eagle offense can score fast...the only way to stop the eagle offense is turnovers, either that or just outshoot them in a shootout. Got to pressure vick and he is sure to give up a fumble or two and 2 or 3 interceptions

Traveler
09-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Surprised to see the are no superstitious, reverse mojo "Philly is going to win" threads. I smell trap game.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2013, 11:05 AM
this game does worry me. The Eagles are "that kind" of team that in one week they can look like shit, and the next, they can put up 40 points because everything is working for them. McCoy is stud. DeSean can take it to the house on ANY play at any moment, and Vick does have the legs.

I really like the speed of our LBs and they really showed their closing speed against Pryor this past week. I KNOW we are the better team, but the Eagles (although I don't think they are good) seem to have enough talent and speed that can EXPLODE on any given game.