PDA

View Full Version : Best kick returner?

SR
11-25-2007, 02:41 PM
The guys on CBS just said it was Cribbs. I laughed out loud.

Tned
11-25-2007, 02:50 PM

Yea, the guys on NFL radio were saying the same thing last night. I am pretty sure it was cribbs, but it wasn't Hester.

Escobar
11-25-2007, 02:59 PM

I laugh at your post....

Good one once again...:salute:

SR
11-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Escobar...you think Cribbs is better than Hester?! Hester has been doing it for two years. The Texans have been kicking to him all game. People are SCARED of Hester.

Escobar
11-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Escobar...you think Cribbs is better than Hester?! Hester has been doing it for two years. The Texans have been kicking to him all game. People are SCARED of Hester.

I think hes a bit better. Cribbs is definately underated, hes been doing it for a couple of years now and still gets to the endzone. And he does not have a fumbling problem. Im glad cribbs is finally getting some recognition.

My rankings

1.a Cribbs
1.b Hester

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM

Hester is primarily a punt returner FYI.

But yea, Hester's 26 kickoff returns 619 yards, 23.8 yard return average and 1 touchdown are absolutely astounding.

Cribbs with his 45 kickoff returns 1,475 yards, 32.8 yard return average and 2 touchdowns are horrid.

No wonder Cribbs is losing out in Pro Bowl voting to the absolutely amazing kick returner named Wes Welker who has 6 returns for 157 yards and an asounding 26.2 yard return average and 0 touchdowns.

I see your point Seeingred - who is everyone kidding. Cribbs is absolutely horrid. His # of kickoffs (ranked 1st in the NFL) his return yardage (ranked 1st in the NFL) his average (ranked 1st in the NFL with players with at least 10 returns) and his number of kickoff return touchdowns (2nd in the NFL) is horrid. Wes Welker and Devan Hester clearly are much better than him. Hester is the best thing since sliced bread and Wes Welker is the best kick returner of all time.

Escobar
11-25-2007, 03:35 PM

But yea, Hester's 26 kickoff returns 619 yards, 23.8 yard return average and 1 touchdown are absolutely astounding.

Cribbs with his 45 kickoff returns 1,475 yards, 32.8 yard return average and 2 touchdowns are horrid.

No wonder Cribbs is losing out in Pro Bowl voting to the absolutely amazing kick returner named Wes Welker who has 6 returns for 157 yards and an asounding 26.2 yard return average and 0 touchdowns.

I see your point Seeingred - who is everyone kidding. Cribbs is absolutely horrid. His # of kickoffs (ranked 1st in the NFL) his return yardage (ranked 1st in the NFL) his average (ranked 1st in the NFL with players with at least 10 returns) and his number of kickoff return touchdowns (2nd in the NFL) is horrid. Wes Welker and Devan Hester clearly are much better than him. Hester is the best thing since sliced bread and Wes Welker is the best kick returner of all time.good stuff..:salute:

We are up 20-10 8 mins left in the 4th..

Tned
11-25-2007, 03:46 PM

I see your point Seeingred - who is everyone kidding. Cribbs is absolutely horrid. His # of kickoffs (ranked 1st in the NFL) his return yardage (ranked 1st in the NFL) his average (ranked 1st in the NFL with players with at least 10 returns) and his number of kickoff return touchdowns (2nd in the NFL) is horrid. Wes Welker and Devan Hester clearly are much better than him. Hester is the best thing since sliced bread and Wes Welker is the best kick returner of all time.

Ever consider making a post without sarcasm? You might be surprised at how much better your opinions/arguments are received if you just present your facts without trying to belittle others in the process.

That being said, those are some pretty good numbers by Cribbs.

SR
11-25-2007, 03:50 PM

So in almost double the attempts he has only one more TD? Wow. HOF for sure.:rolleyes:

And Hester still has more TDs this year than Cribbs while returning...

Requiem / The Dagda
11-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Cribbs is a very, very good returner. I'd love to have either.

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Ever consider making a post without sarcasm? You might be surprised at how much better your opinions/arguments are received if you just present your facts without trying to belittle others in the process.

That being said, those are some pretty good numbers by Cribbs.

I love sarcasm. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't sarcastic. Sarcasm is fine in a discussion that is public and unprofessional among individuals that know each other to some degree, IMHO. SeeingRed and I have had our disagreements before and me displaying my sarcastic whit at him and he doing the same in turn. I have no problem with it.

Escobar, good to hear. Afraid I cannot watch the game :( Second game this year I have missed. Darn homework assignment!! I have to write a Classroom Management Plan for the Education Department explaining my personal view of how history should be taught and how I intend on teaching it in my classroom. It's some good stuff. Cribbs is the best kick returner, IMHO. He is leading the NFL in the most important categories for a kick returner. Now, Devan Hester is an amazing punt returner and an above-average kick returner. Cribbs is, IMHO, without a doubt the best KR in the AFC. If there is any Brown that deserves to go to the Pro Bowl it is him. Him and no other. If he does not go, it proves to me that the Pro Bowl is a sham. Especially considering that Wes Welker is going in his stead apparently.

SR
11-25-2007, 06:36 PM
CR...take a gander at Hester's stats today.

Poet
11-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I think hes a bit better. Cribbs is definately underated, hes been doing it for a couple of years now and still gets to the endzone. And he does not have a fumbling problem. Im glad cribbs is finally getting some recognition.

My rankings

1.a Cribbs
1.b Hester

That is total homerism. Hester is a MUCH better returner. Watch tonights highlights and then maybe actually think about what you type out.;)

Escobar
11-25-2007, 08:00 PM
That is total homerism. Hester is a MUCH better returner. Watch tonights highlights and then maybe actually think about what you type out.;)

well maybe if they were not playing a JV special team squad....:salute:

Lorcust
11-25-2007, 08:01 PM

You give us too much credit.

Poet
11-25-2007, 08:05 PM

Cribbs isn't on the same planet as Hester. Hester basically won that game for the Broncos. Cribbs doesnt put up half of his teams total yards Escobar. You are wrong my friend.

Escobar
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Cribbs isn't on the same planet as Hester. Hester basically won that game for the Broncos. Cribbs doesnt put up half of his teams total yards Escobar. You are wrong my friend.

True, but he helps us win games, get good field position, pump the team up, as does hester. You just can't go wrong with either one....one gets the publicity, one does not.

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
CR...take a gander at Hester's stats today.

Wow, absolutely amazing. 1 Kickoff return for a TD.

Looks like he's tied with Cribbs for second in the NFL.

Does Hester play in the AFC? No.

Can Hester play KR for the AFC and NFC in the Pro Bowl? No

Who is the best KR, not PR in the NFL.

If you still think Hester, you are sadly mistaken. Hester is a damn fine PUNT returner. The thing is, Punt Returns are different than Kick Returns. This thread is about best KICK returner. Not best Punt returner. If this is about best "Punt" returner. Then this thread needs to be renamed. This is about Kick Returners. Not Punt returners.

Cribbs for his career - 3 years as a Kick Returner

153 Returns 4,117 Yards 26.9 Average, 4 Touchdowns

Hester - 2 Years (who you have announted the greatest kick returner of all time)

46 Returns 1,147 Yards 24.9 Average, 3 TD's

If you need a PUNT returner - then yea. Hester is the best playing right now.

Hester, best Kickoff returner? No.

Tned
11-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Wow, absolutely amazing. 1 Kickoff return for a TD.

Looks like he's tied with Cribbs for second in the NFL.

Does Hester play in the AFC? No.

Can Hester play KR for the AFC and NFC in the Pro Bowl? No

Who is the best KR, not PR in the NFL.

If you still think Hester, you are sadly mistaken. Hester is a damn fine PUNT returner. The thing is, Punt Returns are different than Kick Returns. This thread is about best KICK returner. Not best Punt returner. If this is about best "Punt" returner. Then this thread needs to be renamed. This is about Kick Returners. Not Punt returners.

Cribbs for his career - 3 years as a Kick Returner

153 Returns 4,117 Yards 26.9 Average, 4 Touchdowns

Hester - 2 Years (who you have announted the greatest kick returner of all time)

46 Returns 1,147 Yards 24.9 Average, 3 TD's

If you need a PUNT returner - then yea. Hester is the best playing right now.

Hester, best Kickoff returner? No.

SR started the thread, I would think it is about whatever he says it is about. Plus, last time I checked the punt flies through the air when someone 'kicks' it :laugh:

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
SR started the thread, I would think it is about whatever he says it is about. Plus, last time I checked the punt flies through the air when someone 'kicks' it :laugh:

See, a Punt is after a team cannot convert on 3 downs.

So it is fourth down and they have to kick it to the other team.

Okay, in the NFL that is called a PUNT. Got it? Okay.

Now, a Kick as in Kickoff is after a score in the NFL. Whether it is a Touchdown or a Field Goal.

So, basically.

Kickoff = Score has happened
Punt = Score has not happened

The person returning a Punt is called a Punt Returner
The person returning a Kickoff is called a Kick Returner

I don't think it's that difficult to understand...

Tned
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM

Now, a Kick as in Kickoff is after a score in the NFL. Whether it is a Touchdown or a Field Goal.

So, basically.

Unless they punt after a safety, which is a score, and then it is not a kick or a punt.

Wow, either way, Hester is the best return many in football. :lol:

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Unless they punt after a safety, which is a score, and then it is not a kick or a punt.

Wow, either way, Hester is the best return many in football. :lol:

There, now you've changed it.

You didn't say Kick or Punt Return.

You say, Returner in General.

I agree with that.

Because Cribbs doesn't return Punts very well.

But he's an awesome Kick Returner.

Tned
11-25-2007, 08:29 PM
There, now you've changed it.

You didn't say Kick or Punt Return.

You say, Returner in General.

I agree with that.

Because Cribbs doesn't return Punts very well.

But he's an awesome Kick Returner.

lol, I never changed anything, I am just doing what you do, arguing for the sake of arguing. It is my favorite past time, although I have had to keep it in check of late...

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 08:32 PM
lol, I never changed anything, I am just doing what you do, arguing for the sake of arguing. It is my favorite past time, although I have had to keep it in check of late...

Yes you did.

You changed the Category.

First it was "Kick Returner"

Which means only a Kickoff Returner and not a Punt Returner.

Then, in the post above you didn't say Kick Returner. Instead you said "Returner" which means both a Kick and Punt Returner. Cribbs is an awesome Kick Returner. But he isn't that great of a Punt Returner. You shifted the Category from a small narrow category (Kick Returner) to a much broader category (Returner).

Tned
11-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Yes you did.

You changed the Category.

First it was "Kick Returner"

:lol: :laugh: really, where did I do that? Where did I ever say it was about "kick returners" or anything else. ;)

Cleveland Rocks
11-25-2007, 08:45 PM
:lol: :laugh: really, where did I do that? Where did I ever say it was about "kick returners" or anything else. ;)

In Post#19 you tried to make the Argument that a Punt was the same as a Kick. I disproved that. So, in Post#21 at the end you stated:

"Wow, either way, Hester is the best return many in football.'

I interpreted the "many" as a misspelling. I think you meant to put "man". In fact, I guarantee you meant to put "man". Return Man is a generic term for both a Punt and Kick Returner. So, you went from arguing that a Punt and Kick were the same thing. To broadening your statement to make it more accepting.

Lesson though, if you mean "Returner" write "Returner" instead of writing a very specific term like "Kick Returner" or "Punt Returner".

Tned
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
In Post#19 you tried to make the Argument that a Punt was the same as a Kick. I disproved that. So, in Post#21 at the end you stated:

"Wow, either way, Hester is the best return many in football.'

I interpreted the "many" as a misspelling. I think you meant to put "man". In fact, I guarantee you meant to put "man". Return Man is a generic term for both a Punt and Kick Returner. So, you went from arguing that a Punt and Kick were the same thing. To broadening your statement to make it more accepting.

Lesson though, if you mean "Returner" write "Returner" instead of writing a very specific term like "Kick Returner" or "Punt Returner".

Thanks for the lesson, but all I was doing was trying to mess with you. I needed some relief after the Broncos melt down.

Seriously though, there is no question that "kick returner" refers to someone returning kickoffs and "punt returner" is someone returning punts. As to who is best, I have seen many more highlights of Hester, and haven't watched many Browns games (can you blame me ;), so I don't really have a good basis to compare, so I will let the serious discussion continue, and stop messin' around :D

SR
11-26-2007, 01:21 AM

Really? Show me where I said that one.

You're a homer. If Cribbs played for the Ravens, you wouldn't think what you do.

And who ever said anything about the Pro-Bowl? I don't recall ever mentioning the Pro-Bowl. Hester should play for the AFC and the NFC as a kickoff and punt returner, because he's the best in the league.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Really? Show me where I said that one.

You're a homer. If Cribbs played for the Ravens, you wouldn't think what you do.

And who ever said anything about the Pro-Bowl? I don't recall ever mentioning the Pro-Bowl. Hester should play for the AFC and the NFC as a kickoff and punt returner, because he's the best in the league.

No, it's not being a "homer" it is called being a realist.

The man is leading the NFL, yes, the entire NFL - National Football League in Kickoff Returns, Kickoff Return Yards, and Kickoff Return Average.

If a person is leading the NFL in 3 of 4 categories in which players are judged at that position - what does that say about the player?

That everyone who thinks he's good is purely a "homer"? The person accusing a person of that is blind.

You are blinding yourself SeeingRed. Cribbs is leading the NFL in Kickoff Returns, Kickoff Return Yardage and Kickoff Return Average.

Every single time he returns the ball he has an average of nearly 40 yards. Every time he touches the ball the Browns are nearly guaranteed to start near midfield with their offense. But, no, having a Kickoff returner that does that is horrid. Starting at your own 20 is much better to you. If you cannot see that Cribbs is leading the NFL in those categories, then there is no convincing you otherwise and you are set in your ways.

Poet
11-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Hester has won GAMES, as in PLURAL for his team. He is STRICTLY the better special teams player. Teams have a GAMEPLAN for HIM. And when they don't he can keep his team in the game on TWO seperate occasions.

Class Dismissed.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 01:40 AM
It is really funny to see someone get so worked up like a small child being denied their toy.;)

Hester has won GAMES, as in PLURAL for his team. He is STRICTLY the better special teams player. Teams have a GAMEPLAN for HIM. And when they don't he can keep his team in the game on TWO seperate occasions.

Class Dismissed.

and Cribbs has never done that?

You don't watch the Browns clearly.

Oh yea, I forgot you watch the BENGALS.

You wouldn't know a Kick Returner if you saw one. Hester is a Punt Returner.

Poet
11-26-2007, 01:46 AM
and Cribbs has never done that?

You don't watch the Browns clearly.

Oh yea, I forgot you watch the BENGALS.

You wouldn't know a Kick Returner if you saw one. Hester is a Punt Returner.

No, I watch FOOTBALL.

And no, Cribbs hasnt flat out won games for his team like Hester has. Oh wait, I forgot, you are just a silly homer. My bad.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 01:51 AM
No, I watch FOOTBALL.

And no, Cribbs hasnt flat out won games for his team like Hester has. Oh wait, I forgot, you are just a silly homer. My bad.

He puts the Browns in short yardage situations because of his returns. Instead of the Browns having to march 80+ yards downfield to score they have to march a mere 50-60 yards. He has won games for the Browns wether you like it or not. He is instrumental to the Browns winning. If you don't believe watch the Ravens game against the Browns. He put the Browns in position to win the game when it came down to it and he made plays that kept the Browns in the game against the Steelers and those are just 2 instances this year alone.

Poet
11-26-2007, 01:55 AM
He puts the Browns in short yardage situations because of his returns. Instead of the Browns having to march 80+ yards downfield to score they have to march a mere 50-60 yards. He has won games for the Browns wether you like it or not. He is instrumental to the Browns winning. If you don't believe watch the Ravens game against the Browns. He put the Browns in position to win the game when it came down to it and he made plays that kept the Browns in the game against the Steelers and those are just 2 instances this year alone.

No CR he hasn't. Just in YOUR mind Cribbs has. Hester has literally won games by scoring 14 points (like today) or getting great field position fro them all the time. Not only does he do that but he forces other teams to game plan for him. Tell you what, when you get a clue as to what you are talking about contact me. Until then you are just wasting my time. :tsk:

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 01:59 AM

So, basically.

the thread is titled as just a kick returner

a punt and a kickoff are both kicks

SR didnt specify who is the best kickoff returner in the NFL, just simply a kick returner

and hester owns cribbs . . . . 10 TDs in 27 games is all i have to say

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 02:00 AM
No CR he hasn't. Just in YOUR mind Cribbs has. Hester has literally won games by scoring 14 points (like today) or getting great field position fro them all the time. Not only does he do that but he forces other teams to game plan for him. Tell you what, when you get a clue as to what you are talking about contact me. Until then you are just wasting my time. :tsk:

Watch the damn games. Cribbs does win games for the Browns.

Several times, when the Browns need a play Cribbs makes the play. By returning kicks for touchdowns or by returning them deep into the other team's terriroty putting the Browns in position to score.

Cribbs had no role whatsoever in the Browns winning any games ever? Cribbs is doing an amazing job as a kick returner and if you do not see that then you are BLIND. I suppose you are too busy loving up to Wes Welker for the simple fact that he is a Patriot. Hester may be good but he is not in the AFC. He is in the NFC. If you really care about what happens in the NFC then I suggest you find a different team to be a fan of because the Broncos and Bengals play in the AFC.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 02:01 AM
the thread is titled as just a kick returner

a punt and a kickoff are both kicks

SR didnt specify who is the best kickoff returner in the NFL, just simply a kick returner

and hester owns cribbs . . . . 10 TDs in 27 games is all i have to say

Kickoff, not PUNT.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 02:03 AM

Kickoff, not PUNT.

a punt IS a form of a kick :rolleyes:

thats what im saying, all the thread says is kick returner. NOT kickoff returner

therefore it includes both Punts and Kickoffs

10TDs not including the SB or the missed field goal

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 02:04 AM
a punt IS a form of a kick :rolleyes:

thats what im saying, all the thread says is kick returner. NOT kickoff returner

therefore it includes both Punts and Kickoffs

10TDs not including the SB or the missed field goal

Then next time you make a thread about best Wide Reciever in the NFL.

Don't forget about Tight Ends, because hey, they catch the ball too. Oh wait, fullbacks and running backs do too. Make sure to throw them in there too while you are at it. Because, face it, they reciever even if they are not wide all the time. They sure can line up wide.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 02:09 AM
you sure are silly :crazy:

There is a much bigger difference between a TE and WR than there is between a KO returner and punt returner

my point is a kick returner goes into both categories - Punts and Kickoffs unless specified (which is clearly not the case here)

get over Cribbs is not better than hester PERIOD

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 02:17 AM
you sure are silly :crazy:

There is a much bigger difference between a TE and WR than there is between a KO returner and punt returner

my point is a kick returner goes into both categories - Punts and Kickoffs unless specified (which is clearly not the case here)

get over Cribbs is not better than hester PERIOD

I said that Cribbs is a damn fine kick returner and that Hester is a damn fine Punt Returner.

Why can't you all just leave it at that?

But no, you don't.

Instead you claim that me saying that Cribbs is a fine kick returner is "homerism" and that Cribbs is a horrid kick returner despite the fact that he leads the National Football League in Kick Returns, Kick Return Yardage, and Kick Return Average.

But, oh yea, all the stats lie according to all of you. The fact that Cribbs is leading in all those categories means absolutely nothing to you and the fact that Wes Welker is winning the AFC Pro Bowl spot - that's a fact that's lost on all of you. You all believe that a person with a handful of kick returns for a handful of kick returns with a poor average is a better kick returner than Cribbs who is leading the National Football League in Kick Returns, Kick Return Yardage, and Kick Return Average.

SR
11-26-2007, 02:19 AM
You know, if you tried to tell me Champ Bailey wasn't the best corner in the NFL, I would argue that because he is. It isn't because he's a Bronco, but because he's the best. The fact is, yes, Cribbs leads the league in numbers for ONE season. Oh wait, the lead isn't his anymore. He's tied with Hester in the most important number; touchdowns.

SR
11-26-2007, 02:20 AM
And calling somebody Numb Nuts is not a personal attack?

Sorry, but the name calling, that was started with your "numb nuts" statement.

You think somebody wants to be called Numb Nuts, SeeingRed?

You think I like sitting here being called that by you? No. I don't. So, I return the favor. Because you are all full of BS.

Report my post then. I'm not worried about you attacking me because it doesn't bother me and I said something to you first, but the guy you said was full of it didn't say anything to you.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 02:21 AM
You know, if you tried to tell me Champ Bailey wasn't the best corner in the NFL, I would argue that because he is. It isn't because he's a Bronco, but because he's the best. The fact is, yes, Cribbs leads the league in numbers for ONE season. Oh wait, the lead isn't his anymore. He's tied with Hester in the most important number; touchdowns.

Wow, I put those in Bold In Size 6 font and you still couldn't read it.

Did I ever mention touchdowns there? No, because Cribbs and Hester are tied for SECOND.

So, your point is lost. Hester does not have nearly the RETURN YARDS, nor the RETURN AVERAGE, nor the number of RETURNS.

SR
11-26-2007, 02:22 AM
But I'll bet you if Cribbs didn't have almost double the amount of kick returns as Hester, his numbers wouldn't so inflated. Or, better yet, if Hester had the same amount of attempts as Cribbs, I'd bet his numbers would be better.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 02:25 AM
But I'll bet you if Cribbs didn't have almost double the amount of kick returns as Hester, his numbers wouldn't so inflated. Or, better yet, if Hester had the same amount of attempts as Cribbs, I'd bet his numbers would be better.

Even though he does have double, guess what! He still leads the NFL in return average. So, the fact that he has all these attempts is lost. Claiming that "he has twice the number" is an excuse when he leads yards with a poor average. But not when he is leading in AVERAGE. When somebody is leading in AVERAGE that means they are not only having these large number of returns but that they are making PLAYS with them and not having measly 5-10 yard returns.

SR
11-26-2007, 02:27 AM
I just sneezed and it hurt because I'm getting sick.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I just sneezed and it hurt because I'm getting sick.

You had to sneeze? Well good for you, I have to cover my nose because of what this thread is full of.

SR
11-26-2007, 02:36 AM
I literally sneezed though, and it felt like a little demon seed was going to explode from my chest.

Poet
11-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Hester has been great for two years, has had a lot more big plays as a special teams player. That is all there is to it. If you want to resort to personal attacks tahts fine, but all that is going to do is A. make you lose another verbal scuffle with me, and B. make you look foolish when you cry to the moderators.

Poet
11-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Even though he does have double, guess what! He still leads the NFL in return average. So, the fact that he has all these attempts is lost. Claiming that "he has twice the number" is an excuse when he leads yards with a poor average. But not when he is leading in AVERAGE. When somebody is leading in AVERAGE that means they are not only having these large number of returns but that they are making PLAYS with them and not having measly 5-10 yard returns.

Teams kick the ball away from Hester CR. Cribbs has more opportunities to break off big plays because of that. :rolleyes:

Poet
11-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Watch the damn games. Cribbs does win games for the Browns.

Several times, when the Browns need a play Cribbs makes the play. By returning kicks for touchdowns or by returning them deep into the other team's terriroty putting the Browns in position to score.

Cribbs had no role whatsoever in the Browns winning any games ever? You are full of BS with your statements and the only reason you are making them is to cause a problem. You and SeeingRed. Cribbs is doing an amazing job as a kick returner and if you do not see that then you are BLIND. I suppose you are too busy loving up to Wes Welker for the simple fact that he is a Patriot. Hester may be good but he is not in the AFC. He is in the NFC. If you really care about what happens in the NFC then I suggest you find a different team to be a fan of because the Broncos and Bengals play in the AFC.

WHAT DOES THE AFC OR NFC HAVE TO DO WITH THIS??? I AM TALKING ABOUT THE BEST SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER. MY GOD, YOU MAKE NO SENSE AND I AM PUTTING THIS IN CAPS SO IT CAN PENETRATE THE THICK SKULL OF YOURS. PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST AND STOP BEING A HOMER.

P.S. YOU ARE ALMOST ALWAYS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncoBJ
11-26-2007, 04:35 AM
:lol: I didn't read through all the garbage posted in this thread but IMO Hester has always been better then Cribbs. I fear Hester. I dont fear Cribbs.

But If the Browns has a Defense Cribbs wouldn't have so many chances to return kicks. :lol:

Cribbs is still a good returner but hes not better then Hester.

and :lol: @ Charlies sarcasm.
Tned hates when people make snipes at him. :fight:

omac
11-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Is this thread like a who's stronger, Superman or the Hulk? :D

I'd gladly take either of them for the Broncos, though Martinez is a definite upgrade from what we've had before.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 11:20 AM

Ok, let's do some math for you real fast.

Your claim:

If Cribbs had the same ammount of Kick Returns as Hester, Hester (whith those same ammount of returns) would have more yards. You also claim vise versa. That if Hester had the same ammoung of Kick Returns as Cribbs, Hester would have more yards.

Let's check out your claim using numbers.

Cribbs this year (to date):
47 Returns 1529 Yards 32.5 Avg

Hester this year (to date):
31 Returns 770 Yards 24.8 Avg

Hester (if he had):
47 Returns 1166 Yards 24.8 Avg

Hmmm ... let's see now.

47 Returns 1529 Yards
or
47 Returns 1166 Yards (rounded up)

I think the person with 1529 Yards has more yards than the person with 1166. If you feel otherwise, learn math.

Now let's check the other claim.

31 Returns 1007 (rounded down) 32.5 Avg
31 Returns 770 24.8 Avg

Once again, I think 1007 Yards is more than 770 yards. Once again, if you feel otherwise, learn math.

In either case, Cribbs with 31 (same as Hester) and with 47 (same as Cribbs) Cribbs will have more yards in both situations based on their play this season.

Your hypothesis fails. It doesn't work out. Cribbs has more yards than Hester in both situations.

BroncoBJ
11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Where is Cribbs on the all time Return TD list? I know Hester is up there behind Hall and someone else. Is that someone else Cribbs? :eek:

He gets so many chances to return kicks and he has played 1 more year more then Hester but Hester still has more.

Hester even plays D and O. What does Cribbs do besides pretending to be a Wide Reciever?

:lol: @ you being a homer and thinking Cribbs is better.
If you had Hester you would say hes the best even if Cribbs is doing what Hester is doing now.

You probably think Anderson is better then Brady as well.

You think the Browns are better at every posistion then everyone.
And your wrong as usual.

Cleveland Rocks
11-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Where is Cribbs on the all time Return TD list? I know Hester is up there behind Hall and someone else. Is that someone else Cribbs? :eek:

He gets so many chances to return kicks and he has played 1 more year more then Hester but Hester still has more.

Hester even plays D and O. What does Cribbs do besides pretending to be a Wide Reciever?

:lol: @ you being a homer and thinking Cribbs is better.
If you had Hester you would say hes the best even if Cribbs is doing what Hester is doing now.

You probably think Anderson is better then Brady as well.

You think the Browns are better at every posistion then everyone.
And your wrong as usual.

Hester has more? How can you say that?

I have posted the stats again and again. Yet you still do not believe them. Must I link to the actual site? Fine, I will.

http://www.nfl.com/players/devinhester/careerstats?id=HES267217 = HESTER

Look under Kick Returns

For his career:

51 Returns 1,298 Yards, 4 Touchdowns

http://www.nfl.com/players/joshcribbs/careerstats?id=CRI120494 = Cribbs

Look under Kick Returns

For his career:

153 Returns 4,117 Yards, 4 Touchdowns

Do you mind explaining to me how you can still claim that:

Because clearly, they have the same number of kickoff TD's.

Now your second claim.

Really? Wow, if Hester is such a defensive talent as you say he is.

Why does he have 9 tackles compared to the 37 tackles that Cribbs has?

Also, about somebody saying that "Hester" makes plays while Cribbs does not.

I would say that a play for a Kick Returner is a return of 40+ yards.

Cribbs, this year, he has 7 returns of at least 40 yards.
Hester, this year, he has 2 returns of at least 40 yards.

If Hester is such an amazing talent at kick returner, mind explaining why Cribbs has nearly 4 times the # of 40+ kick returns.

Now, if you are claiming "that's because he simply has more attempts".

Let's see the percentage of 40+ yard returns compared to the number of attempts. Shall we? If Hester has been making plays left and right he'll have a percentage of 40+ yards higher than Cribbs and it will be reflected.

Hester
2/31
Cribbs
7/47

Hester's 40+ percent: 6.5%
Cribbs' 40+ percent: 14.9%

So, with Hester's kick returns. He is of such talent at kick returner that nearly 7% of his kick returns go to close to midfield.

Now Cribbs, he is of such talent at kick returner that his returns put the Browns at or near midfield nearly 15% of the time.

SR
11-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Hester has 4 TDs, Cribbs does too. I fail to see your arguement CB.