PDA

View Full Version : How much better is Manny Ramirez this year than last?

sneakers
09-24-2013, 04:01 PM
He seems like a whole different player at Center.

slim
09-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Exponetially.

CoachChaz
09-24-2013, 04:27 PM
We act like he was the worst right guard in the history of the game. LOL

slim
09-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Coach, do you think he played well last year?

BroncoWave
09-24-2013, 04:29 PM
We act like he was the worst right guard in the history of the game. LOL

Well he was pretty bad last season. But this year he is definitely much improved. I think even when Walton comes back we will stick with Manny unless he starts to regress.

slim
09-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Is Walton on IR? I can't remember.

BroncoWave
09-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Is Walton on IR? I can't remember.

PUP. He can come back after week 6.

CoachChaz
09-24-2013, 04:40 PM
To use a baseball term, I think Ramirez was replacement level last year. He wasnt stellar, but he performed as I would expect a back-up interior lineman to perform. Worst case scenario...he wasnt nearly as bad as some people like to portay he was.

Ziggy
09-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Ramirez was bad in training camp and early in preseason. He has to be the most improved player on this team this season. I don't see JD Walton getting his starting job back barring injury.

Poet
09-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Right now he is playing like a Pro Bowler.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2013, 10:29 PM
To use a baseball term, I think Ramirez was replacement level last year. He wasnt stellar, but he performed as I would expect a back-up interior lineman to perform. Worst case scenario...he wasnt nearly as bad as some people like to portay he was.

This, which has been my opinion for a while.

Tned
09-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Coach, do you think he played well last year?

It's a different position. He might be better suited to C than guard. He said center is his natural position, even though we have always thought of him as a mediocre backup guard.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

broncohead
09-26-2013, 12:39 PM
He was a good pass blocker last year just not a good run blocker. I haven't really watched him on running plays but we haven't been able to get our running game going besides 1 game.

BroncoWave
09-26-2013, 12:52 PM
He was a good pass blocker last year just not a good run blocker. I haven't really watched him on running plays but we haven't been able to get our running game going besides 1 game.

Not really. Almost all of Manning's sacks last season were by guys that Ramirez was blocking.

slim
09-26-2013, 02:45 PM

OK, that is not a bad description. Now grade his performance in the first 3 games of this year.

jhns
09-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Well it's usually easier to block as a center than at guard. Centers have other responsibilities, like snapping the ball and getting the o-line on the same page, and usually aren't expected to take guys by themselves. Most of the time a guard or someone will at least chip the NT to help. Teams that leave their centers to block one on one a lot are usually allowing a lot of pressure up the middle.

broncohead
09-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Not really. Almost all of Manning's sacks last season were by guys that Ramirez was blocking.

Well manning dropped back like 580 times last year and had one of the lowest sack percent. If he was so bad wouldn't it be higher? Also I don't remember him giving up as much as you imply. Maybe I just forgot.

Dzone
09-26-2013, 06:42 PM
He has to be better by a mile...he has worked hard and deserves to be starting. He has had excellent coaching.
I liked his attitude when they kept bringing in new centers and he basically said he is not going to give up his starting spot without a fight...He seems a lot stronger than walton too

Jsteve01
09-26-2013, 09:46 PM
He has to be better by a mile...he has worked hard and deserves to be starting. He has had excellent coaching.
I liked his attitude when they kept bringing in new centers and he basically said he is not going to give up his starting spot without a fight...He seems a lot stronger than walton too He is most definitely stronger than Walton, he's one of the strongest centers to have ever tested at the combine. 40 plus reps. Magazu and Gibbs have done phenomenal work with the kid and I for one am more than happy to eat cabbage on my assessment of him going into the season.

Dzone
09-26-2013, 10:15 PM
He is most definitely stronger than Walton, he's one of the strongest centers to have ever tested at the combine. 40 plus reps. Magazu and Gibbs have done phenomenal work with the kid and I for one am more than happy to eat cabbage on my assessment of him going into the season.
Man thats awesome. He definitely is putting that strength to good use on the field. Now that the mental game is becoming second nature, he can be more physically dominating. He might be just what we have needed at center. His game is only going to get better and he might keep the job for years

Jsteve01
09-26-2013, 11:14 PM
This F.O. led by John mother effin Elway has done a fantastic job of bringing in no name guys and having them make an impact. Ramirez, Harris, Clark, Ihenacho are already making waves and now now Webster, Jackson and Anderson look to be next in line. the late round draft picks combined with the ability to cherry pick talent off of practice squads had led to quality depth.