PDA

View Full Version : The Manning brothers like you’ve never seen them before

Denver Native (Carol)
09-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Twenty years ago, Peyton Manning was named the Gatorade high school football player of the year, putting a second generation of Manning football stars into the national spotlight and casting former Ole Miss and New Orleans Saints quarterback Archie Manning into a role that would end up becoming his primary definition. The doting father.

Since then, Archie Manning’s sons have produced three Super Bowl rings, 15 Pro Bowl appearances and seven grandchildren. It’s the latter achievement that inspired the 64-year-old patriarch to participate in The Book of Manning, a new documentary debuting on ESPN Tuesday that details how his upbringing and experiences shaped how he chose to raise his talented three sons.

“Dad initially did some stuff and then decided he just didn’t want to do it and put it on hold,” eldest son Cooper Manning told For The Win. “[Filmmaker] Rory [Karpf] almost had a heart attack when he found that out but then my mother was really the driver to get dad back and say ‘let’s pursue it.’ I think she felt that their grandchildren needed to see a side of him and some of the details they wouldn’t see otherwise. My mom is to blame for reigniting the whole project.”

rest - plus pictures - videos - http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/manning-documentary-peyton-eli-cooper-archie-espn/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Denver Native (Carol)
09-23-2013, 02:30 PM
from article:

There’s a scene where three-year-old Peyton screams at Cooper after what he felt was a particularly dirty hit. For a minute, the viewer actually can envision the progression of that face into a 37-year-old man in a Denver Broncos jersey hollering at teammates or referees

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/manning-documentary-peyton-eli-cooper-archie-espn/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2013, 04:06 PM
ESPN's "SEC Storied" documentary on the Manning family airs Tuesday night at 6 p.m. MDT.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Manning family has left an indelible mark on the Southeastern Conference and the NFL.

Tuesday night on ESPN, the "SEC Storied" documentary The Book of Manning provides a behind-the-scenes look at how arguably the first family of football was shaped.

It starts with Archie Manning's childhood, and how the loss of his father impacted the rest of his life and his relationship with his children.

Manning said he even nixed the idea of the documentary after filming had begun, but he was convinced by his wife.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Book-of-Manning/5862e6f3-aaf7-47cb-89d1-f4e0844e3913

SR
09-24-2013, 04:47 PM
I've got my DVR set.

BroncoJoe
09-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I'll be glued to the TV. Looks like a really good show with more than just their football lives being talked about. I'm kind of interested in the older brother - Cooper. I don't really know much about him but by a lot of accounts, he was the best athlete of the three boys.

olathebroncofan
09-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Football on you phone is all I care about.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2013, 08:16 PM
I am truly enjoying this.

Davii
09-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Man, Cooper was a 5 year old jerk! Haha

Good show so far.

Davii
09-24-2013, 08:59 PM
After seeing the tango I have a suspicion we won't ever see Peyton on DWTS.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h

If you missed that E:60 piece on @DemaryiusT, it's another must-see. Set your DVR's. Airs again after midnight.

I did see this on DT. It is on again on espn news airing at 1:00 AM MT Wed. It is worth setting the DVR for

DenBronx
09-24-2013, 11:35 PM
The Book of Manning on ESPN was really good guys. I encourage you all to watch it. They really are the NFLs first family.

Peyton is just such a master at game planning. The show went into detail about him over planning for games. I have nothing but respect for Archie and how he raised his boys.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Archie Manning will be on the fan at 1:30 today. You can listen online

http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx

BroncoJoe
09-25-2013, 06:36 PM
If anyone missed this, watch it when you can. It is terrific.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2013, 06:58 PM
If anyone missed this, watch it when you can. It is terrific.

I just heard that it will air again tonight on ESPN2 at 8:00 The 8:00 time may be eastern, which means it is starting now.

Tned
09-25-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm on a plane back home, but I think my wife taped this and Thomas E60 show.

Watched both in bar yesterday, but with no sound.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

rjent
09-25-2013, 10:29 PM
An absolutely outstanding program on the Mannings. Everyone should see this ....

BroncoJoe
09-26-2013, 08:11 AM
The E60 on Thomas was excellent too...