PDA

View Full Version : Broncos are rolling even without two, make that three, key players

Denver Native (Carol)
09-23-2013, 10:37 AM
A case can be made that the Broncos' top four players going into training camp were, in no particular order, Peyton Manning, Von Miller, Ryan Clady and Champ Bailey.

OK, so those four are in order. Miller and Bailey, arguably the team's top two defensive players, have yet to play this season — yet the Broncos are 2-0. Not only are they 2-0, they beat the past two Super Bowl champions by three touchdowns each.

Clady is now done for the season, Miller is out four more games to complete his suspension and Bailey remains gimpy, yet there is confidence throughout the Rocky Mountain region that the Broncos can continue their Super Bowl-or-bust trek, with Game 3 coming Monday night at home against the archrival Oakland Raiders.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24154007/broncos-are-rolling-even-without-two-make-that

BroncoNut
09-23-2013, 10:39 AM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24154007/broncos-are-rolling-even-without-two-make-that

they should just have the Denver Seattle superbowl 48 already and be done with the 2013 season.

jhns
09-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I think Clady not playing in a game is much worse than Miller and Champ missing a game. I'm worried about the line now. They looked pretty bad in preseason.

slim
09-23-2013, 10:47 AM
They did look pretty bad when Clady was out.

I have been pleasantly surprised by Manny, though.

BigDaddyBronco
09-23-2013, 11:58 AM
They did look pretty bad when Clady was out.

I have been pleasantly surprised by Manny, though.

Manny has played well. Hopefully the time Clark spent in the offseason with the first team will do him well and he will step in like Manny has done.

slim
09-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Manny has played well. Hopefully the time Clark spent in the offseason with the first team will do him well and he will step in like Manny has done.

I hope so. But replacing Clady is much bigger task than replacing, uh that guy from the Pats...whatever his name is.

MOtorboat
09-23-2013, 07:11 PM
So...

I personally subscribe to the idea that you build your team around QB, Pass Rusher, LT, Elite Corner...in that order.

We have all four (my belief as to why we're one of the Super Bowl favorites), and three are out. It's Oakland tonight, but ultimately, that's not good.

wayninja
09-23-2013, 07:27 PM
so...

I personally subscribe to the idea that you build your team around qb, pass rusher, lt, elite corner...in that order.

We have all four (my belief as to why we're one of the super bowl favorites), and three are out. It's oakland tonight, but ultimately, that's not good.

pfm ftw

MOtorboat
09-23-2013, 07:30 PM
pfm ftw

I know.

I'm going through my pre-game jitters faze.

WTE
09-23-2013, 07:38 PM
I know how you guys feel w/ key injuries. NE lost several key players on offense like Gronk, Amendola and Shane Vereen.

Oh well, the rookies will get more reps in the mean time and the Patriots will be so much better when those three get back.

Nobody wishes for injuries!

camdisco24
09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
I know.

I dont blame you, there is a big question mark on our line right now... Wont be comfortable (or maybe we'll feel worse...) until we see how they perform this game.

wayninja
09-23-2013, 07:40 PM
pfm ftw

I know.

We are here for you, man

TXBRONC
09-24-2013, 08:57 AM
So...

I personally subscribe to the idea that you build your team around QB, Pass Rusher, LT, Elite Corner...in that order.

We have all four (my belief as to why we're one of the Super Bowl favorites), and three are out. It's Oakland tonight, but ultimately, that's not good.

I agree on both counts but of those four the one that a team cannot absolutely lose is the quarterback.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-24-2013, 09:13 AM
We've got a big test this week with Philly's offense. Jackson is stupid fast as is McCoy. Our run defense has been solid, but they haven't faced a home run threat like McCoy yet. We need to stay disciplined.

Clark vs Trent Cole is a matchup to watch, too. Cole is a pure speed rusher unlike Houston who bull rushes more.

They key is as always not turning the damned ball over. Jokeland scored 14 points off of our 2 fumbles last night. We can't give Philly extra possessions or a short field.