PDA

View Full Version : S'up with this?

Dean
09-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Why would the Broncos want a 1 day exemption to get down to the 53 player limit? Is there a trade in the works? Are they trying to wait in hopes to protect whoever they are releasing for the practice squad. It seems odd to me.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/06/broncos-get-another-day-to-make-move/

Blogs - All Things BroncosSunday, September 06, 2009.Lou's Insider
Colorado Journal
Broncos get another day to make move

by Jeff Legwold on September 6, 2009

The Broncos formally turned in the paperwork to the league office Sunday to lift wide receiver Brandon Marshall’s suspension.

Marshall was at the team’s Dove Valley complex for meetings and took part in a practice as well.

The Broncos were also granted, by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, a one-day roster exemption before making a roster move. Marshall’s return gives the Broncos 54 players on their active roster.

The roster exemption expires Monday so the Broncos will have to make a move to get back to 53 players.

All contents Copyright 2009 The Denver Post or other copyright holders.

Overtime
09-06-2009, 06:23 PM
probably has something to do with Brandon Marshall. which translates to, if they have to suspend him again, it allows them to bring another player to fill his void while he is suspended, but still guaranteeing him his roster spot when he returns.

Tned
09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I've seen it before, I'm guessing it's pretty routine and wouldn't read much into it.

ambiguous
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't think anyone knows whether insane Brandon is showing up to practice or not

TXBRONC
09-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't think anyone knows whether insane Brandon is showing up to practice or not

I don't know what you mean by that because it was reported he was at practice today.

broncohead
09-06-2009, 08:02 PM
There will probably probably be a WR cut. Jackson or Loyd

LRtagger
09-06-2009, 08:07 PM

It says in the article that he was in meetings and practice today :confused:

TXBRONC
09-06-2009, 08:11 PM
It says in the article that he was in meetings and practice today :confused:

I thought that's what read too. :whoknows:

Superchop 7
09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Most mature move he has made.

Good for him.

Nomad
09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Marshall will get my trust until I see him on the field giving the BRONCOS 100% effort. This showing is a start but I don't trust his intent yet!!

Tned
09-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Marshall will get my trust until I see him on the field giving the BRONCOS 100% effort. This showing is a start but I don't trust his intent yet!!

While I don't care about his intent or motive, I agree with you 100% about needing to see him put 100% effort out on the field.

jhildebrand
09-06-2009, 10:53 PM
It becomes more interesting when you realize that the Jets quietly traded for Kevin O'Connell.

I wouldn't be surprised if McD is buying time with this exemption. Normal circumstances would be Marshall is back and a player needs to be cut to be at 53.

Italianmobstr7
09-06-2009, 11:46 PM
It becomes more interesting when you realize that the Jets quietly traded for Kevin O'Connell.

I wouldn't be surprised if McD is buying time with this exemption. Normal circumstances would be Marshall is back and a player needs to be cut to be at 53.

Not really, because the Jets put in a claim for O'Connell when he was released too. They wanted him on their football team and Noe they have him. This is a bunch of fuss about nothing. There will not be a trade for O'Connell.

Nomad
09-07-2009, 09:53 AM
While I don't care about his intent or motive, I agree with you 100% about needing to see him put 100% effort out on the field.

We don't know what he's thinking. His intent may be to showcase himself hoping for a trade within the month and if he doesn't get one then back to the Marshall we've seen over the last two months giving the BRONCOS zero production and nothing but headaches, so yes I'm uncertain about his intent/motive as of now. Hopefully, he is back to being a team player for the BRONCOS and excepting his role.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2009, 10:04 AM
we got the exemption because Brandon was suspended... and the team didn't know if he was going to show up to practice, or do something that would condone another suspension. So the team asked for a one day grace in order to 'keep' someone in Marshall's spot had he decided not to show up, or earn a four game vacation.

Dean
09-07-2009, 06:01 PM
we got the exemption because Brandon was suspended... and the team didn't know if he was going to show up to practice, or do something that would condone another suspension. So the team asked for a one day grace in order to 'keep' someone in Marshall's spot had he decided not to show up, or earn a four game vacation.

No trade for Brandon and Chad Jackson who couldn't be assigned to the practice squad was released. Your interpretation makes the most sense.

gobroncsnv
09-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Marshall is probably getting a dose of guarded grace from the NFL offices. Just wonder what he told the commish to keep from getting suspended by the league this season. I'm hoping he had to say he was gonna keep his nose clean, on and off the field... And also hoping that he got a gentle reminder about that promise. Then again, that's all hopeful speculation on my part. I also hope he talks to Quinn to let him know to not go down the road he and Merriman seemed to have taken of late.

TXBRONC
09-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Marshall is probably getting a dose of guarded grace from the NFL offices. Just wonder what he told the commish to keep from getting suspended by the league this season. I'm hoping he had to say he was gonna keep his nose clean, on and off the field... And also hoping that he got a gentle reminder about that promise. Then again, that's all hopeful speculation on my part. I also hope he talks to Quinn to let him know to not go down the road he and Merriman seemed to have taken of late.

Is your post in connection to the trial that Marshall just went through? If it is I've been of the understanding that the suspension he had last year was in connection to the trial was just went through.

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 10:24 PM

I think that when the Broncos suspended BM that it was done after talking to the league office and I suspect that the wording of the suspension had some things in it FROM THEM..

Perhaps that is what is bringing him around.. he has to come the the realization that he can't win the way he was doing it..

lets hope his time with Rod will grow him up a bit..

Little did Rod realize his retirement would mean being a big brother to some kids ..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

as for BM talking to Quinn not only no but HELL NO..

Dirk
09-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Little did Rod realize his retirement would mean being a big brother to some kids ..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Amen! Hopefully the Broncos are paying him for his services! :lol: