PDA

View Full Version : Broncos become top team in AP Pro32 poll

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos dismantled the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens in the season opener. Then they delivered a convincing victory on the road against Manning's younger brother and the rest of the New York Giants.

The strong start helped the Broncos hold off the Seattle Seahawks for the top spot in this week's AP Pro32 power rankings, released Tuesday. The Broncos moved up one spot from second after receiving eight first-place votes.

''Denver looks Super Bowl good right now,'' said Newsday columnist Bob Glauber, referring to the All-Pro left tackle.

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-become-top-team-ap-213619422--nfl.html

Ravage!!!
09-17-2013, 05:52 PM
I hope the loss of Clady doesn't add onto the small piles of missing people that just tips the scales and causes a problem that never seems to fix itself throughout the season.

topscribe
09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
One comment by John Czarnecki of FoxSports.com stood out to me: "I'm
not convinced Peyton can beat Seahawks' secondary."

Hmmm . . . now, I wonder which one would get my bet: whether Peyton
can beat Seattle's secondary, or Russell Wilson can beat Denver's . . .

Ravage!!!
09-17-2013, 06:30 PM

Exactly! Peyton isn't exactly some rookie on the football field. Our WRs aren't exactly rookies on the football field. Why on earth would someone think that Peyton couldn't compete, or beat, the Seahawks secondary? :confused: Has Wes Welker never played against top corners or safeties before? Has DT never had to compete against a top corner or safety before? Didn't Manning compete against a top defense in the Super Bowl that he won vs the Bears??? :confused: What is it about Seattle that makes people think Manning couldn't compete with those guys??

Joker56
09-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Itz Starbuck's Coffee

lololol

:elefant::elefant::elefant::beer: :salute:

Canmore
09-17-2013, 08:05 PM

I'll take Peyton Manning versus the Seattle secondary over Russell Wilson versus our secondary, but that's just me.

DenBronx
09-17-2013, 11:14 PM
I'll take Peyton Manning versus the Seattle secondary over Russell Wilson versus our secondary, but that's just me.

Our team is better overall.

I am also convinced that they pump crowd noise through the loud speakers at their stadium too.

CrazyHorse
09-18-2013, 10:53 PM
She-Hawks will get their first lost next week against Houston. They aren't playing a crappy team, and it's not home game.

TXBRONC
09-19-2013, 08:59 AM
I hope the loss of Clady doesn't add onto the small piles of missing people that just tips the scales and causes a problem that never seems to fix itself throughout the season.

Great teams find away to win. Look at the Packers from just a few short years ago. They won the Super Bowl while having more players on IR than any other team in he League.

TXBRONC
09-19-2013, 09:12 AM

That's nothing. I would take a secondary Buff eventhough he's having gender identity crisis, DenBronx, Topscribe, Dogfish against Russell Wilson and his receiving corps. :D