PDA

View Full Version : Clady

VonDoom
09-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Uh oh ...

Brandon Krisztal @BKDenverSports

According a #Broncos Team Source, LT Ryan Clady's MRI revealed a Lisfranc Sprain on inj. left foot. No timetable yet on his return
2:10 PM - 16 Sep 2013

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 01:51 PM
What is this?

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 01:52 PM
PFT says the same and adds "expected to miss a few weeks". Uggh :(

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/16/ryan-clady-has-lisfranc-sprain/

LawDog
09-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Chris Clark, next man up. Let's go Chris!

CoachChaz
09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
You knew as soon as we signed him that would happen.

Broncolingus
09-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Uggggghhhhhhh!

CoachChaz
09-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Dallas game suddenly becomes interesting

SR
09-16-2013, 02:01 PM
You knew as soon as we signed him that would happen.

Yep. Happens every time.

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Can Kuper play LT???

SR
09-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Can Kuper play LT???

Is Kuper healthy?

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Hopefully he's 100% before the playoffs. Preferably before Houston or New England games. But at least the playoffs.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos 32m

The #Broncos have signed T Chris Clark to a 2-year contract extension.

Slick
09-16-2013, 02:10 PM
That's a bummer. Especially the fact that the game was well in hand at that point.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Brandon Krisztal ‏@BKDenverSports 54m

According to this, recovery can be a while, but depends on the severity & most people don't play in the NFL http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00162 …
Retweeted by Darren McKee

Magnificent Seven
09-16-2013, 02:16 PM
That's mean TE Orange Julius will stand next to LT Chris Clark to have more protections for Manning.

tomjonesrocks
09-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Clady missing time. Sssshhhocking.

DenBronx
09-16-2013, 02:35 PM
That's mean TE Orange Julius will stand next to LT Chris Clark to have more protections for Manning.

Im thinking Dreesen or Tamme will be used for blocking.

TXBRONC
09-16-2013, 02:55 PM

It will be Dreesen if healthy. Tamme is very good receiving tight end but he's not a very good blocker.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Broncos coach John Fox on Monday said despite reports that tackle Ryan Clady would miss significant time with a foot injury, he would wait for the team's medical staff to evaluate Clady's status.

"I'm no fortune teller or into tea leaves or any of that good stuff," Fox said. "I'm into the reporting nature of how we report the game. So right now it's exactly what we said — it's a left foot sprain — and when we know something (more) we'll let all the fortune tellers know."

Reports citing NFL sources surfaced Monday that said Clady could miss several weeks with a foot injury suffered in the Broncos' 41-23 victory at the New York Giants on Sunday.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24106998/ryan-clady-injury-reports-not-true-broncos-coach

HORSEPOWER 56
09-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Can Kuper play LT???

I doubt it, but Kuper could slide to LG and we could try out Beadles at LT. Beadles was Utah's LT when we drafted him and converted him to Guard.

Don't know how he'd do, just thinking out loud. He's not huge, but he's got good feet. He's our most athletic lineman and he'd probably do okay vs speed rushing RDEs.

G_Money
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Clark is abominable. :tsk:

As others have said, there's gonna need to be some serious TE help deployed on that side while we figure out our line distribution for however long Clady is out.

We only need him healthy again by the playoffs, but it's a shame that we aren't gonna get that health and increasing coherence across the line that I was looking forward to. We'll see what happens with Beadles and Kuper if he can get back, and whether we start doing a lot more ZBS to allow Beadles to shift over for what is HOPEFULLY only a few weeks.

~G

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Clark is abominable. :tsk:

As others have said, there's gonna need to be some serious TE help deployed on that side while we figure out our line distribution for however long Clady is out.

We only need him healthy again by the playoffs, but it's a shame that we aren't gonna get that health and increasing coherence across the line that I was looking forward to. We'll see what happens with Beadles and Kuper if he can get back, and whether we start doing a lot more ZBS to allow Beadles to shift over for what is HOPEFULLY only a few weeks.

~G

abominable. like a snowman?

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Clady missing time. Sssshhhocking.

Clady has never missed a game in his career, so yes, it is quite a surprise.

underrated29
09-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Clady has never missed a game in his career, so yes, it is quite a surprise.

Yeah. For a minute, looking at all the responses, I thought I was in a knowshon thread.

Army Bronco
09-16-2013, 03:48 PM
This us great. We already are mussing Von, Champ, center right guard, and now potentially Clady? I know that's football but can we catch a ******* break???

underrated29
09-16-2013, 03:54 PM
This us great. We already are mussing Von, Champ, center right guard, and now potentially Clady? I know that's football but can we catch a ******* break???

I unjinx your jinx!

"I know this is football but can we catch Some Good Luck!" - is the preferred statement to make

Skinny
09-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Under Gibbs, we would just slide the RT to LT when somebody went down to a injury, or retired. I wonder if Franklin will get a look at LT.

Ziggy
09-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Dreesen should be back this week, correct? He'll be glued to Clark's hip on passing downs. What this does is essentially take Julius Thomas off of the field more often.

Joel
09-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Anyway we look at it, losing one of the top tackles in the game, on a 37 year old HoFers blindside, is a Bad Thing. Our preseason injuries inside were bad enough, but we had at least minimal depth there; no such luck at tackle. If Kuper's healthy slotting him for Beadles and sliding the latter to one of the two tackle spots might be our best bet, but I don't have a lot of confidence in Franklin or Clark guarding Mannings back.

This is tough; God speed to a full recovery, Ryan: We need you.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m

Depending on the healing powers of Ryan Clady, I'm told this specific injury is a minimum of three weeks. For most, it's 6-8 weeks.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Ryan Clady has never missed a game since Broncos drafted him in first round 2008. Missing any game time is still a big deal for him.

Chris Clark is Ryan Clady's backup at LT. Worked with starters all offseason. Broncos like him enough he got a 2-yr extension.

RT @RapSheet: #Broncos LT Ryan Clady's foot injury is considered not serious. But he'll miss a few weeks with a lisfranc sprain, source says

NightTrainLayne
09-16-2013, 04:59 PM
At least Clark got all the pre-season time to work with the #1's. The tiniest of silver linings.

Broncolingus
09-16-2013, 05:25 PM
At least Clark got all the pre-season time to work with the #1's. The tiniest of silver linings.

Agreed...

At least there's that little bit of good news...

Looking at the schedule thru the break, the Cowboys are the only team that really concerns me with regard to a good DL and pass rush...

Denver ought to be able to handle Faiders, Eagles, Jags, Colts, and Skins I would think with Clark...

JMO...

Just as long as he's healthy coming out of the bye and moreover into the playoffs (assuming)...

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 08:25 PM

Racist.

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 08:26 PM

Depending on the healing powers of Ryan Clady, I'm told this specific injury is a minimum of three weeks. For most, it's 6-8 weeks.

Give him some weed. He'll be healed this week.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 08:56 AM

Whether it's three weeks or eight if it means he can be back on the field before the end of the season without surgery it worth the wait. If he has to have the surgery his season is done.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Ryan Clady has never missed a game since Broncos drafted him in first round 2008. Missing any game time is still a big deal for him.

Chris Clark is Ryan Clady's backup at LT. Worked with starters all offseason. Broncos like him enough he got a 2-yr extension.

RT @RapSheet: #Broncos LT Ryan Clady's foot injury is considered not serious. But he'll miss a few weeks with a lisfranc sprain, source says

I hope that last tweet is right correct and Clady only misses three weeks but Champ has the same injury and he's missed month. I know two of the games were preseason bust it's still a month.

Cugel
09-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Under Gibbs, we would just slide the RT to LT when somebody went down to a injury, or retired. I wonder if Franklin will get a look at LT.
Since Franklin is a beefy run blocker who struggles with speed rushers -- hell no!

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 09:31 AM

I think Denver was able do that in '97 because Tony Jones had been a left tackle with Ravens prior to Denver signing him. It's not an easy switch going from right tackle to left tackle.

Cugel
09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I hope that last tweet is right correct and Clady only misses three weeks but Champ has the same injury and he's missed month. I know two of the games were preseason bust it's still a month.

Will Carroll from Bleacher Report.com (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1775723-fantasy-football-week-3-latest-injury-roundup-and-analysis/page/9) who is their medical reporter had a long talk on ESPN radio just a few minutes ago about the Lis Franc injury and recovery time.

There are apparently lots of bones and tendons in the foot and the length of time a player will miss depends on whether the small bones in the foot have been shattered or not and how much ligament damage there is. It's especially bad with linemen because they are BIG guys who put a ton of pressure on the foot bones and muscles.

Typically the Lis Franc injury results from some huge lineman stepping on your foot. If you weigh 330 lbs. and some other behemoth steps on your foot as well, that's something like 600 lbs. which is like driving a heavy battle tank over a small bridge not designed to bear the weight.

In Clady's case they'll do an MRI and take more X-rays before they decide if he needs surgery.

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Obviously with surgery he'll miss the entire season and be back next August or something.

BEST CASE SCENARIO: He'll miss about 10-12 games and be back before the playoffs.

But there's apparently zero chance he'll be back in 2 or 3 weeks.

Carroll said that after talking to his Broncos sources they are pessimistic about Clady's chances for this season. Apparently the damage is viewed as potentially more serious than just a mild strain.

Cugel
09-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Champ doesn't have the same injury. There are lots of tendons in the foot. You can strain one without having a Lis Franc. Champ's injury from all reports is not as serious as Clady's. You didn't hear anything about Lis Franc with Champ Bailey (thank God!) or they'd be talking about whether or not to put him on IR (the one where you can come back after 11 games or something).

With Clady, it's very likely they'll make a roster move and (if he doesn't need surgery) designate him for the non-season ending IR. He can (officially) come back after something like 10 games. Of course, that would be the best possible case scenario -- that he not only comes back this season, but comes back to play the last month of the season.

According to the reports, that's possible, but not likely.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Will Carroll from Bleacher Report.com (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1775723-fantasy-football-week-3-latest-injury-roundup-and-analysis/page/9) who is their medical reporter had a long talk on ESPN radio just a few minutes ago about the Lis Franc injury and recovery time.

There are apparently lots of bones and tendons in the foot and the length of time a player will miss depends on whether the small bones in the foot have been shattered or not and how much ligament damage there is. It's especially bad with linemen because they are BIG guys who put a ton of pressure on the foot bones and muscles.

Typically the Lis Franc injury results from some huge lineman stepping on your foot. If you weigh 330 lbs. and some other behemoth steps on your foot as well, that's something like 600 lbs. which is like driving a heavy battle tank over a small bridge not designed to bear the weight.

In Clady's case they'll do an MRI and take more X-rays before they decide if he needs surgery.

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Obviously with surgery he'll miss the entire season and be back next August or something.

BEST CASE SCENARIO: He'll miss about 10-12 games and be back before the playoffs.

But there's apparently zero chance he'll be back in 2 or 3 weeks.

Carroll said that after talking to his Broncos sources they are pessimistic about Clady's chances for this season. Apparently the damage is viewed as potentially more serious than just a mild strain.

You're right about worst case senario but that's established by others who have had surgery due to this type of injury. None of the reporting I've seen has said anything about Clady back in two weeks. It's been consistent that it's three and I seen as high eight. It's also been Champ has the same injury and he's missed a month going back to the preseason. However it's being floated that there is good chance Champ could play this week.

Skinny
09-17-2013, 10:18 AM
I think Denver was able do in '97 because Tony Jones had been a left tackle with Ravens prior to Denver signing him. It's not an easy switch going from right tackle to left tackle.True. I think we did it with Lepsis too. I could be wrong there, it's been awhile. But i think he played RT when Jones played LT right?

Swayne crosses my mind too but maybe not. Just thinking out loud.

I'd rather plug a hole on Peyton's blindside with a game to game experianced player than throwing in someone who hasn't taken much if any snaps this season into the fire right away. We'll see...

G_Money
09-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Lisfranc is not gonna be 3 weeks. It could be 6 or so, if he's REALLY lucky. What will likely happen is they'll wait 6, then see how he is. If he needs surgery because it's not healing, then they'll do it after that.

However it goes and whatever damage his foot has suffered, it's not good and we're gonna be without him for a good long while. Pray for 8 or so.

~G

powderaddict
09-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Dang, that sucks.

Next man up!

Broncos Mtnman
09-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Denver Post is saying today that he's going on IR. It's just a question on if he goes on the season-ending IR or IR designated to return (which would have him back for the last few games, IF healed).

I'm amazed at how often contract-problem players seem to always get hurt after they get the money.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24106998/ryan-clady-injury-reports-broncos-season

silkamilkamonico
09-17-2013, 01:05 PM
So the reports from sources in this thread range from not serious and he'll miss some weeks to very serious and will miss the entire season.

So basically at this point nobody really knows yet.

I think since there has not been a released statement from the organization yet, they are fearing that it is on the more serious side and he very well could be out the rest of the season.

Hopefully Clark steps right in, otherwise I think Julius Thomas's role is going to be diminished greatly.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 01:07 PM
True. I think we did it with Lepsis too. I could be wrong there, it's been awhile. But i think he played RT when Jones played LT right?

Swayne crosses my mind too but maybe not. Just thinking out loud.

I'd rather plug a hole on Peyton's blindside with a game to game experianced player than throwing in someone who hasn't taken much if any snaps this season into the fire right away. We'll see...

That is correct. Lepsis started off as our right tackle and was eventually moved to left tackle. Harry Swayne was our starting right tackle in '98 for sure but I think Lepsis became the next season which means he played with Jones for a year or two.

rationalfan
09-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Denver Post is saying today that he's going on IR. It's just a question on if he goes on the season-ending IR or IR designated to return (which would have him back for the last few games, IF healed).

I'm amazed at how often contract-problem players seem to always get hurt after they get the money.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24106998/ryan-clady-injury-reports-broncos-season

No it's not. From the story: The worst-case scenario of season-ending injured reserve is possible.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2013, 01:25 PM
The report from the Post hasn't been updated since yesterday afternoon, so it's all speculation at this point. The coaching staff probably doesn't even know what to think.

Cugel
09-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Lisfranc is not gonna be 3 weeks. It could be 6 or so, if he's REALLY lucky. What will likely happen is they'll wait 6, then see how he is. If he needs surgery because it's not healing, then they'll do it after that.

However it goes and whatever damage his foot has suffered, it's not good and we're gonna be without him for a good long while. Pray for 8 or so.~G

I thought that non-season ending IR forces the player to be inactive for 10 weeks or something? So, with Champ they obviously hope to have him back well before game 10 or 11 -- so no roster move.

And I believe they can only designate 1 player for non-season ending IR?

I bet they do that with Clady unless he has to have surgery. If he does, that frees up a roster spot and they will hopefully go out in FA and find a backup OT to put in if Clark gets hurt.

They've also got Tackles Vinston Painter and Paul Kornick on the Practice Squad so they could call either of them up to fill the extra spot if they wanted to.

Cugel
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Latest Word:

@ProFootballTalk

Broncos are still evaluating all options with LT Ryan Clady (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/380088374779842561) (foot sprain), including short-term injured reserve, per league source.
3:58 PM - 17 Sep 2013

EDIT: Apparently the league rule is the player on short-term IR cannot practice for 6 weeks or play for 8, so that accounts for "could miss 8 games" you read about in the news. It's not based on medical reporting, it's based on the league rule if they put him on short-term IR.

Broncos considering short-term IR for Clady (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/17/broncos-considering-short-term-ir-for-clady/)
Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Peyton Manning, Ryan Clady, Rob Ninkovich AP

On Monday, we reported that Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady could miss at least a few weeks with a Lisfranc sprain.

Those few weeks could be at least eight.

Per a league source, the Broncos are still evaluating their options for Clady. Those options include placing Clady on short-term injured reserve.

If that happens, Clady would not be able to practice for six weeks or play for eight. Thus, the sooner they put him on short-term IR, the better.

Chris Clark will be the first guy to replace Clady, who has never missed a game in five-plus NFL seasons.

That was the league report as of 4:25 PM Mountain Time today, September 17.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2013, 06:08 PM
If he missed 8 weeks it would only be 7 games with the bye coming up in six weeks.

BigDaddyBronco
09-17-2013, 06:45 PM
This was my biggest fear going into the season. We are so thin at OLine that any injury could severely impact the protection and thus the entire offense. The good news is Manning gets rid of the ball quickly and can avoid some sacks that way. The bad news is that he still might take a fair number of hits and is 37 or whatever. Hopefully he'll be back for the playoffs, but Lisfranc injuries have ended many basketball careers (more jumping cutting, etc., but still a pretty bad injury).

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 07:47 PM
If he missed 8 weeks it would only be 7 games with the bye coming up in six weeks.

Good catch I had forgotten about the bye week.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2013, 08:35 PM
A player on IR designation can return no sooner than eight weeks after he's added to the list. In theory, if Clady is added to the IR this week, the earliest he could return is Week 11 for the Broncos' game at San Diego on Nov. 10. More likely, if Clady is added to the IR, it would be in hopes that he is available for the final few games of the regular season and the playoffs.

The team is getting medical opinions on the extent of Clady's injury.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24106998/ryan-clady-injury-reports-broncos-season

DenBronx
09-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Just put him on short term IR and have him ready to play San Diego week 11.

Next man up!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Chris Clark can pick Ryan Clady's brain without even talking to him.

It sounds crazy, but what Clark means when he says this is he has spent so much time — two seasons, now — backing up the Broncos' left tackle that to simply watch tape is to get a conversation's worth of advice.

He'll need it now. On Sunday, Clady suffered a Lisfranc sprain in his left foot, which could keep him out for weeks, if not months. (The Broncos have not released a timetable.) Down a three-time Pro Bowler who missed not a single game in the first four years of his career, Denver now turns to Clark, an undrafted player-turned-practice squad member who finalized a two-year contract extension within hours of Clady's injury.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24118099/broncos-chris-clark-confident-about-replacing-star-ot

CoachChaz
09-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Fox was on NFL radio yesterday with Pat Kirwan and PK asked him about this. I dont expect Fox to be gloom and doom about it, but I was pretty surprised at how high he and the team are on Clark. I guess we'll see because I dont see Winston Justice as the answer

Slick
09-18-2013, 10:21 AM
We know Peyton can recognize the blitz as well as anyone, and we still have plenty of weapons, but what worries me most is that against good defenses, they're going to be all over the short stuff and we haven't really shown that we can consistently run the ball even with Clady in the line up.

The good thing is like many have said, at least Clark got a lot of work with the 1st team while the Clady contract stuff was going on.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 10:33 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Though the news of his two-year contract extension comes as Ryan Clady has recently suffered a left foot injury, Chris Clark is not trying to replace anyone.

"I'm just going to prepare the same way and do things the way it should be done. It's not about filling a guy's shoes for me," Clark said Tuesday. "It's about me creating my legacy or whatever - just helping the team the best way I can - doing my job."

It was announced on Monday that the Broncos had signed the fifth-year tackle through the 2015 season, but Clark said that he stayed away from those talks. He did admit that the result was "awesome."

Clady's injury potentially opens the door for Clark to see more time at left tackle - just as Clady's recovery did this offseason. Clark was able to build some chemistry with the first-team offensive linemen and quarterback Peyton Manning from the spring through the preseason.

Given that time with the first unit, Head Coach John Fox said on Monday that he has the "utmost confidence in Chris Clark."

rest - plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Clark-Ready-to-Go-If-Cladys-Injury-Lingers/77c02141-afe8-4d2a-a287-c7b91862b511

Broncolingus
09-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Schefter just posted to Facebook Clady is expected "expected to undergo season-ending surgery."

Army Bronco
09-18-2013, 11:00 AM
He is out on season ending IR per NFLN. This sux!!!!!

Rick
09-18-2013, 11:02 AM
ya I just got dinged on the phone from NFL Mobile that it is season ending :(

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 16m

Clady placed on season-ending IR. Liz Franc is one merciless witch. Tough break.

claymore
09-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Well, if we make it to the SB, and win there will be no asterisks on this team.

Army Bronco
09-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Well, if we make it to the SB, and win there will be no asterisks on this team.WHEN we win the SB, Clady will miss the playing time and feel bad.

tomjonesrocks
09-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Super Bowl teams typically stay healthy. Ravens were an exception last season, but things don't really seem to be lucky this year.

Ridiculous.

Army Bronco
09-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Super Bowl teams typically stay healthy. Ravens were an exception last season, but things don't really seem to be lucky this year.

Ridiculous.That's what will make this year special, winning with a bunch of injuries.

claymore
09-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Ridiculous.

It takes a ton of luck, and health to win the SB. We havent had either, so hopefully PFM can overcome all of this.

G_Money
09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
SUNOFA...

Luckily there aren't any good teams with pass-rushers we have to worry about. Carry on, Broncos. :salute: Super Bowl is thataway....

~G

CoachChaz
09-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Remember in 2009 when Pro-Bowl left tackle Jamaal Brown went down with an injury and no name Jermon Bushrod had to fill in for the Saints? How did their season end?. Losing an All-Pro left tackle isnt a good thing, but there are ways to overcome it. Other teams have won without great LT's. Michael Oher, Will Beatty, Chad Clifton, Jermon Bushrod, Willie Colon...those are your last 5 Super Bowl winning left tackles. And 2 of them were playing out of position/filling in for an injury. Manning has also won a Super Bowl with Tony Ugoh as his left tackle.

G_Money
09-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm counting on Peyton's ability to beat a rush with his brain to stop the chaos that could happen with our newly lowered OL talent.

I'm also glad that if it had to happen, it's happened early in the year and not in the playoffs. Let us figure out how we can deploy Clark and what kind of help he needs in regular season games against the Raiders, not in the AFC championship game. We have several months to adjust our schemes to compensate and get our personnel used to working with each other.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 12:18 PM
from article:

No matter how many players the Packers lost this season—and they put 16 on injured reserve, including a half-dozen starters—someone else was always ready to step in. Holes were still being plugged in this game.

full article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20110206009

Timmy!
09-18-2013, 12:20 PM
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/e/e6/PANIC.gif

weazel
09-18-2013, 12:27 PM
their going to have to be a short passing game team, losing too many linemen

SR
09-18-2013, 01:00 PM
If there is one silver lining it's that we play Oakland this week so Chris Clark will get a "tune up" game, so to speak.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2013, 01:06 PM
If there is one silver lining it's that we play Oakland this week so Chris Clark will get a "tune up" game, so to speak.

Yeah. He should be okay against their DEs.

Dzone
09-18-2013, 01:11 PM
This sucks but clark will be okay. Protecting Mannings blind side will bring out the best in him.

Reminds of the time Dumervil signed his ginormous contract and immediately tore a pec.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Not sure how many preseason games Clady did not play in, but whatever the number is, Clark started in his place.

OrangeHoof
09-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Remember in 2009 when Pro-Bowl left tackle Jamaal Brown went down with an injury and no name Jermon Bushrod had to fill in for the Saints? How did their season end?. Losing an All-Pro left tackle isnt a good thing, but there are ways to overcome it. Other teams have won without great LT's. Michael Oher, Will Beatty, Chad Clifton, Jermon Bushrod, Willie Colon...those are your last 5 Super Bowl winning left tackles. And 2 of them were playing out of position/filling in for an injury. Manning has also won a Super Bowl with Tony Ugoh as his left tackle.

Impressive answer, Coach. Puts it in perspective. The real answer is going to be whether Manning's jersey stays clean. If Clark does that, we lose little.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 44m

Did some calling around on Winston Justice. Don't sleep on Winston Justice.

TimHippo
09-18-2013, 01:56 PM
So can he come back for the playoffs if he somehow miraculously recovers?
Or did they put him on can't come back for the playoffs even if healthy IR?

Dzone
09-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 44m

Did some calling around on Winston Justice. Don't sleep on Winston Justice.
Dont sleep on him? Does that mean he is good or no good? lol

TXBRONC
09-18-2013, 01:58 PM
SUNOFA...

Luckily there aren't any good teams with pass-rushers we have to worry about. Carry on, Broncos. :salute: Super Bowl is thataway....

~G

Trent Cole of the Eagles is good pass rusher.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Dont sleep on him? Does that mean he is good or no good? lol

Not sure - I was hoping someone on here might know what that meant - lol

TXBRONC
09-18-2013, 02:08 PM
their going to have to be a short passing game team, losing too many linemen

I don't think we'll see any dramatic changes to offensive play calling.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 02:11 PM
from a Oct 2012 article:

In short, the offensive line is a mess. And guess what? Winston Justice isn't.

According to Pro Football Focus' game charting data, Justice has given up just 2 QB hurries. He's kept his man away from the QB on 99% of pass blocking snaps, which is the best in the NFL.

rest - http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/10/18/3521586/trading-winston-justice-seems-like-a-mistake

Dzone
09-18-2013, 02:24 PM
How did we get lucky and get a guy who is as good as Winston Justice? Thats nuts. Best percentage in the NFL? He must have a broken wheel

silkamilkamonico
09-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Hopefully Justice doesn't even play. That means Clark is doing his job and Broncos are good.

Broncolingus
09-18-2013, 02:59 PM
I think we'll know in the first few games if Clark is going to have issues or not...

...nice having Gibbs back - couldn't think of a better coach to get him up to speed quickly.

TWT...

Dapper Dan
09-18-2013, 03:00 PM
I think we'll know in the first few games if Clark is going to have issues or not...

...nice having Gibbs back - couldn't think of a better coach to get him up to speed quickly.

TWT...

Yup. I'm biased, but I feel like we have the best coaching staff in the NFL.

SoCalImport
09-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Thankfully there's really just the one player we can't do without.
Losing Clady hurts a lot but it's nice to know that Clark has shown enough to warrant a new contract.

TXBRONC
09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Not sure how many preseason games Clady did not play in, but whatever the number is, Clark started in his place.

IIRC Clark started three and played in all four and Clady started the third preseason game and played the entire first half.

Jaws
09-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Andrew Mason on Winston Justice:

The Broncos filled Clady's vacated spot by adding eight-year veteran Winston Justice, who becomes the only experienced backup tackle on the 53–man roster.

Justice started 12 games at right tackle for the Colts last year, and graded out at 0.1 according to the ratings compiled by ProFootballFocus.com — well off the 6.6 and 18.4 ratings he had in the other two seasons he started extensively, for the Eagles in 2009 and 2010, which were prior to the knee injury he suffered in 2011.

But Justice projects as a right tackle; aside from a brief cameo at left guard, all of his NFL experience has come there. He offers a backup plan on the right side if Orlando Franklin is injured, but otherwise, his only use would like come after some shuffling, such as moving Franklin to left tackle if Clark has any difficulty or is injured. Justice gives the Broncos options, but given the level of communication needed to handle working in a Manning-led offense, it seems more likely he'll simply act as insurance while Franklin and Clark start.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Clady-to-IR-Whats-Next/9fbf5579-a0a0-4d9b-889d-f259165bce6d

Spiritguy
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Stink has a few things to say about Clady's injury and Clarks ability.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9689156

CoachChaz
09-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Justice will be the swing tackle. I'm not worried. The line protection shifts...things are tweaked...we still win. Bad LT's have won rings in this league

DenBronx
09-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Why didnt we just ride the season with Clady on the franchise tag? Then do the deal in the offseason? Would we have had to pay more?

Can we recover any of the guaranteed money this year?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Why didnt we just ride the season with Clady on the franchise tag? Then do the deal in the offseason? Would we have had to pay more?

If he did something unethical or illegal we might be able to recover some of the bonus money, but gauranteed money is just that, gauranteed. If the teams started trying to recover that money due to injury the Union would start a firestorm. That's a "no-no".

sneakers
09-18-2013, 05:12 PM
It stinks because it happened during garbage time.....but oh well

every team has an injury like this.

I am sure the broncos will overcome

sneakers
09-18-2013, 05:13 PM

LEL don't you think that is kind of uncle scroogish?

MOtorboat
09-18-2013, 05:19 PM

If its anything like baseball, he's insured, so he gets his money and Denver gets there's.

G_Money
09-18-2013, 05:21 PM

Clady's contract was 5 at 52, with 33 guaranteed.

The franchise tag would have been about 10 mil, IIRC. So we're on the hook for the difference of $23 mil guaranteed, but have Clady for 4 more years. Now, maybe he'll be worthless after this injury, but the threat of the franchise tag let us sign him at 5/52 instead of a potentially higher number.

Jake Long got 4/36 with 20 guaranteed this offseason. Clady is better than Jake.
Joe Thomas got 7/84 with 44 guaranteed a couple years ago. Clady is not as good as Joe.

Clady's contract fit in fine when it was signed. He got injured by having his foot rolled up on - it's not like this was an injury he had at the time of the contract extension. Things happen in sports, and having to find another OT since Clady couldn't be franchized a second time and we'd pay more next offseason (if he was healthy) would have had screams that made the Dumervil fiasco reaction seem like a pillow fight.

Cost of doing business. Clady should be able to come back, and Lisfranc isn't a deathblow anymore. They do very nice surgeries now and because it happened early in the season he'll have a whole year to come back strong. We should probably look into drafting an OT next year since Franklin is a free agent after 2014 and Clady might not be okay, but we kinda needed to pay Clady, and we did.

If it makes for dead cap money if he can't recover, well Champ might be an injury problem too. These things happen when you have great players who get hurt.

It's still better to have the great players and risk it.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
On cbs4, Vic just said that the Raiders lead the league in sacks

Dzone
09-18-2013, 09:57 PM
I will take stinks word for it that chris clark is a good football player...I recall him playing good in spots of preaseason so I think we will be fine..next man up

TXBRONC
09-18-2013, 10:20 PM
I will take stinks word for it that chris clark is a good football player...I recall him playing good in spots of preaseason so I think we will be fine..next man up

If you can't trust a guy with the nickname Stink who can you trust?

Dapper Dan
09-18-2013, 10:20 PM
On cbs4, Vic just said that the Raiders lead the league in sacks

4 against Indy and 5 against Jacksonville.

The thing is, only about 4 were by DLinemen. The rest were by DBs. Jason Hunter has 2 sacks, while Lamaar Houston has 1.

Dzone
09-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Jason Hunter was a decent player here for 2 years, now he is probably going to go all pro for oakland lol...

Salutethis
09-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah but that was with Oakland playing Indy, where they are keying off of Luck and don't have the best o line...and the Jags...no wonder they are sacking the qb!!