PDA

View Full Version : If the Defense stays the course would it make Von expendable? (as in trade bait)

artie_dale
09-16-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm only asking in order to JINX the idea. He's an idiot right now but I still want him back. Not enough sacks these first two games.

topscribe
09-16-2013, 01:19 PM
I dearly hope you did jinx it, then. Because the answer is, O My No!!

BTW, good to see you, Artie. :)

artie_dale
09-16-2013, 01:21 PM
I dearly hope you did jinx it, then. Because the answer is, O My No!!

BTW, good to see you, Artie. :)

Thanks, TS. I like to check in every now and then.

This idea of Von being expendable if our defense can do it without him came over me last night. No way would I want this and I dislike the idea enough to start a discussion about it. BAD BAD JUJU.

artie_dale
09-21-2013, 10:45 AM
BUMP... because this was recently poste: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/555556-Schefter-Denver-has-rendered-Miller-s-suspension-virtually-meaningless

You all probably thought I was crazy for even thinking it.

Northman
09-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Dont be piggybacking me Artie!!!!!!!!!!

Lol jk

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Not having to blitz to apply pressure will help cover some holes we've had in secondary. Our only weakness so far has been pass D. Von is not expendable.

We're not going to score 40+ per week.

Northman
09-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Not having to blitz to apply pressure will help cover some holes we've had in secondary. Our only weakness so far has been pass D. Von is not expendable.

We're not going to score 40+ per week.

On the flipside Von is not always going to get to the QB either. (See Ravens game in the playoffs)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2013, 11:16 AM
On the flipside Von is not always going to get to the QB either. (See Ravens game in the playoffs)

You're right, but I'll still take my chances with him. :D

BroncoWave
09-21-2013, 11:25 AM

Neither did Reggie White or Bruce Smith.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't think our pass Defense is bad. It's similar to teams against NE last year. Teams had to throw early, and throw often, to keep up. Thus, the passing numbers against the NE defense made them look bad. That's happening with Denver. You put up 49 points a game, and teams have to throw a LOT to try and keep up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't think our pass Defense is bad. It's similar to teams against NE last year. Teams had to throw early, and throw often, to keep up. Thus, the passing numbers against the NE defense made them look bad. That's happening with Denver. You put up 49 points a game, and teams have to throw a LOT to try and keep up.

I didn't say it was bad. However, its been the weakest part of our D and I think it has a lot more to do with how much we've been bltzing than it has to do with personnel. We've got some pretty talented people in coverage.

Simple Jaded
09-21-2013, 12:11 PM

Then trade Miller and increase the chances that neither happens.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Then trade Miller and increase the chances that neither happens.

Neither?

Simple Jaded
09-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Neither?

By trading Miller you're increasing the chances of that game where there is no pass rush and the offense struggles at the same time.

DenBronx
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/555261-Is-It-Time-to-Think-About-Trading-Von-Miller-Brandon-Spano

I dont know...maybe a merge would be good.

nevcraw
09-23-2013, 05:59 PM
The guy is too good to just throw away. no one would offer what he is worth given the baggage. so I say he wouldn't be tradable for a least another year with a no more issues which if he's clean why would they trade him? Plus Manning has only a few years left and the next guy will need a great defense to ease the transition. Keep Von and hope like hell he can stay clean..