PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Harrison & Halftime - Denver Best Team In AFC Right Now, But Not NFL

Broncolingus
09-15-2013, 10:23 PM
...comments prob several of you saw/heard.

Basically, he said 49ers and Seahawks are two best in the NFL because Denver can't match their 'physical' play.

Curious y'all's thoughts?

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 10:26 PM
He said we "can't match the physicality" of those defenses with our offense. Yeah ok. The Thomases aren't physical receiving threats or anything. And we don't have any physical o-linemen I guess.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2013, 10:27 PM

Basically, he said 49ers and Seahawks are two best in the NFL because Denver can't match their 'physical' play.

I thought the Broncos defense played physical today. I was pleased with that.

smith49
09-15-2013, 10:33 PM

Stupid comment. In what way are either of those teams more physical than the broncos Rodney?? Good hell that is such a poor argument. Our D has been as physical as any D out there and our O has been unstoppable.

Not physical my ass.

smith49
09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
He said we "can't match the physicality" of those defenses with our offense. Yeah ok. The Thomases aren't physical receiving threats or anything. And we don't have any physical o-linemen I guess.

No wave, DT and JT are huge wussies. Not to mention that we didn't just destroy two of the perceived more physical teams in the nfl right?? I know I'm a homer but Harrison's comments are moronic at best.

smith49
09-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Oh and not to mention, Moreno running through giant holes created by our weak ass line then proceeding to plow over linebackers is not what I would denote as physical play.

Joker56
09-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Wait....
Wait one second ...
Damn ...
You mean....
you mean this is not ballet ?
you mean ,... we gotta be WHAT ?
Physical ?
Ohhh Myyy Goddd..
We gonna get hurt
broken bones
and nails
ohhhh nooo

TLEE15
09-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Rodney is an idiot

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I guess Duke Ihenacho isn't really a physical player either. We are just a team full of pussies.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2013, 10:53 PM
It'll be a cold day in hell before Rodney Harrison ever says Denver is the best team in the league. :laugh:

smith49
09-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I guess Duke Ihenacho isn't really a physical player either. We are just a team full of pussies.

Yup, I'm pretty sure we could go down the entire roster and not find a player that was anywhere near physical enough to matchup with Seattle or SF.

And as a team we are really soft! Just ask anyone from Bmore or NY. They'll tell ya how soft this team is. Right after they get done pulling the broncos feet out of their asses.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2013, 11:09 PM
I guess the Ravens are soft huh? :laugh:

MOtorboat
09-15-2013, 11:13 PM
It doesn't really matter because Denver won't play either team unless its the Super Bowl.

And neither of those two teams have Peyton Manning. I still like Green Bay in the NFC.

Nomad
09-15-2013, 11:15 PM

BRONCOS would like to find out on Feb 2 2014.....no preference whether Seahawks or 9ers.

Army Bronco
09-15-2013, 11:17 PM
It is a former Patriot you know. What would you expect, kudos? I loved Vickerson
, Jackson, Moore and even Knowshon smashing people today.

Joker56
09-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Being 2-0 against the Raven's and the Giants... being not physical ?
Sure,we just played Flag Football with those 2 teams...

Hawgdriver
09-16-2013, 12:47 AM
I suppose he's right, until he's wrong. :cool:

Simple Jaded
09-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Didn't Denver just get a buttload of penalties for being too physical?

dogfish
09-16-2013, 02:33 AM
well, in fairness, that gigantic douchebag's idea of physical play is using your helmet to spear somebody. . .

hopefully he dies in a fire sometime soon. . .

:defense:

CoachChaz
09-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Maybe we need to train Duke and Moore to run their mouths as much as Sherman and Browner do. Then when hey have a big hit, the media will magnify it and call us the best secondary in the NFL.

Defensively...the biggest thing they have on us is their DL. They can rotate a bunch of good players in and out and they dont even have Clemons and Mebane back. But I think our secondary is just as good and our LB's are probably better.

GEM
09-16-2013, 09:18 AM

:laugh: I think last night shows that Denver could have matched up with either one. Shit game last night.

VonDoom
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
I could care less what anyone in the "media" says about this team. To be honest, I'd much rather them take us for granted and underestimate us all year. Do we really need everyone saying we're the best team in football? Let's just enjoy the ride and hopefully they'll find out the truth in February.

rationalfan
09-16-2013, 09:56 AM
well, in fairness, that gigantic douchebag's idea of physical play is using your helmet to spear somebody. . .

hopefully he dies in a fire sometime soon. . .

:defense:

come on, man. really? this is the kind of thing i expect from drunk raiders fans.

Slick
09-16-2013, 10:20 AM
come on, man. really? this is the kind of thing i expect from drunk raiders fans.

I've been posting with dog for 10 years. It was a joke.

jhildebrand
09-16-2013, 10:29 AM
I am glad Harrison said it. I wish more would. Let those two teams go on believing the hype. It doesn't make it real. Their tears will taste better that way.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Well, we probably would've scored more than 3 points vs Seattle...

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Well, we probably would've scored more than 3 points vs Seattle...

I don't know. They may be too physical for us.

NightTrainLayne
09-16-2013, 10:40 AM
I hate to be an agua-fiestas, but the Seahawks did manhandle us pretty well in the pre-season.

I think if we played today, we'd match up well, but I would be concerned if we had to go play in Seattle next week. That was the pre-season, and we weren't at full strength. Do I think we'd match up better now? Absolutely. Would I be overly confident? Not at all.

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69YDdXsYpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQXN5XYi9EA

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 10:45 AM
**** helmets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hpPddKjBs

G_Money
09-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I think those are the two most physical teams in the NFL, so no, I don't think the Broncos are as physical. Our linebackers weigh what their corners and safeties do. We're built more on defensive speed than power (except at DT).

Doesn't mean we couldn't win, and it doesn't mean we can't get better as the year goes on, especially on the OL where we'll need the extra reps to get the teamwork down in the run-blocking game. We're not cohesive there yet, but we've got many, many weeks to get in the reps and improve. There's a reason Moreno's two big runs were around the edge, and the guy who sealed the second one was a TE, not a lineman.

Run teams will always look more physical than pass teams. We're a pass-first team on offense, obviously (although on defense it's being able to stop the run early and then run up the score in the third quarter that's turned the first two teams into one-dimensional attacks against us). Still, give it a few months and we'll see where we are. I think our D will be able to match up pretty well with anybody, and we'll get several looks at mobile QBs this year to get prepared for either of them in the Super Bowl.

The NFC has a really interesting set of teams at the top. There isn't anybody in the AFC yet that scares me. Of course, I thought we should have made the Super Bowl last year too... :tsk:

Whoever plays us in the Super Bowl, it should make for an interesting game. ;) Winner gets to claim the Physicality Trophy, just like we did against that "monster" Green Bay defense that was gonna destroy us with their bulk and manhandlery.

Y'all didn't think we were bringing Gibbs back as an OL consultant for no reason, did you? If we are likely to play a physical D in the Super Bowl then we'd better be able to get them out of the running lanes. Preparations have begun...

~G

rationalfan
09-16-2013, 12:58 PM
I've been posting with dog for 10 years. It was a joke.

but that's the problem with posting things online - the lack of context doesn't make that joke obvious. besides, not like it was funny - at all.

topscribe
09-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Right now, this minute, as it stands, are the Broncos the best team in the
league? I would say no. But will they be, once they get Von and Champ
back? Well, their argument will become a lot stronger, IMO.

But do the Broncos lack physicality, as Harrison suggests? Listen, when
teams can't run on them, they are physical. And, so far, teams haven't
run on them.

Has anybody noticed how Franklin and Vasquez blow up people? Did
anyone notice how Moreno kept trucking his tacklers? How about Rahim's
hits? Was anybody watching Duke?

Where was Justin Tuck yesterday? How come the Broncos could run
(Moreno, 7 yd avg), and the Giants couldn't (1.2 yds)?

You know, I hope the Broncos do get the "finesse" stigma. Then they
can knock the snot out of their opponents when they least expect it.

Broncolingus
09-16-2013, 01:40 PM
:laugh: I think last night shows that Denver could have matched up with either one. Shit game last night.

Funny you should say that, Gem...

...reading most of the major sports news outlets this morning, ALL have the Seahawks as the #1 team in the NFL - unquestioned.

I guess beating the past two Super Bowl Champs by double-digits isn't worth nearly as much as a solid win against last years Super Bowl runner up and a squeaker win against the mighty Carolina Panthers...

:tsk:

Hawgdriver
09-17-2013, 03:12 PM
are the Broncos the best team in the
league? I would say no.[/COLOR]

Seahawks, hot damn. didn't expect that.

Hawgdriver
09-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Funny you should say that, Gem...

...reading most of the major sports news outlets this morning, ALL have the Seahawks as the #1 team in the NFL - unquestioned.

I guess beating the past two Super Bowl Champs by double-digits isn't worth nearly as much as a solid win against last years Super Bowl runner up and a squeaker win against the mighty Carolina Panthers...

:tsk:

Because they made us look bad in the preseason. The preseason.

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 03:23 PM
While power rankings could not be more irrelevant, I don't really see how you can have Seattle over us. We each killed one of last year's SB participants at home, and we killed a good team on the road while Seattle barely beat a bad team on the road. Not anything I'm gonna lose any sleep over, but I think objectively we should be ahead of them.

Hawgdriver
09-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Shhh.

Mae West said it. Brains, when hidden, are an asset. No point announcing Broncos ascendancy.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2013, 04:20 PM
I think Seattle looks AWESOME on defense. They are tough on allllll parts of their defense. When I watch their defense, I say "oh shit." So yeah, I can see why people would have their team better than ours...right now. Doesn't mean I don't think we can beat them. I think Russell Wilson has looked like dog doo so far this year. He's going through major sophmore slumps, and Manning is absolutely NOT going through a slump.

I'm going to give it up to their defense. They absolutely MAN HANDLED the Niners. But we have Manning, and Decker, and Thomas, and Thomas, and Welker. Right now, their best WR is Baldwin and a guy on IR.

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
I think Seattle looks AWESOME on defense. They are tough on allllll parts of their defense. When I watch their defense, I say "oh shit." So yeah, I can see why people would have their team better than ours...right now. Doesn't mean I don't think we can beat them. I think Russell Wilson has looked like dog doo so far this year. He's going through major sophmore slumps, and Manning is absolutely NOT going through a slump.

I'm going to give it up to their defense. They absolutely MAN HANDLED the Niners. But we have Manning, and Decker, and Thomas, and Thomas, and Welker. Right now, their best WR is Baldwin and a guy on IR.

While their defense is great, I think Kap is going to have a big sophomore slump this season too. Hard to tell how good their pass D will be when they have only faced Cam and Kap so far.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2013, 05:15 PM
While their defense is great, I think Kap is going to have a big sophomore slump this season too. Hard to tell how good their pass D will be when they have only faced Cam and Kap so far.

I agree. But Kap isn't a sophmore,and 've always thought he was over rated with some people based on a pretty small number of games.

But you are right, but I'm not talking about stats. I'm talkign about the play of their defense. It's tough, its rough, it's strudly, and they are GOOD.

BigDaddyBronco
09-17-2013, 06:33 PM
You know Harrison was 8-15 in his career vs. the Broncos. Including 0-1 in the playoffs. It's human nature to hate those better than you.

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I agree. But Kap isn't a sophmore,and 've always thought he was over rated with some people based on a pretty small number of games.

But you are right, but I'm not talking about stats. I'm talkign about the play of their defense. It's tough, its rough, it's strudly, and they are GOOD.

Oh yeah, I forgot he wasn't a rookie last season. In terms of experience though, this is his sophomore year through the NFL. But yeah, I think he is just another run of the mill scrambling QB with a decent arm. Doesn't look to be a spectacular passer.

Earendil
09-17-2013, 11:37 PM
It's Rodney Harrison. I'd take anything he says with a mountain of salt.

Army Bronco
09-18-2013, 02:01 AM
One of the things that we have improved on is our run defense. According to this article, our dline is winning their match ups and Ayers, is an upgrade to Dumervil on stopping the run. I never before would have thought it was better to have Ayers than Dumervil but it appears to work.

Broncos Mobile: Upon Further Review: at Giants | http://bit.ly/16CxSqw