PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:01 PM
I think any questions as to whom our best back is were erased tonight. Moreno was money today. Great in the passing game as usual, and ripped off a couple of nice TD runs. I'm disappointed Fox put in Ball at the end with Moreno 7 yards away from 100. Moreno was far from perfect today, but he is justifying Fox's decision to start him. I know this is an unpopular stance, but I hope we give him a new contract if he keeps playing like this.

atwater27
09-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Still hasn't lived up to his draft status.

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:12 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chef Zambini
09-15-2013, 07:12 PM
we should throw him the ball more too ! KM would have had 3 TDs had they not replaced him with ball who coughed up the ball at the goal-line.

cmc0605
09-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Most fans who knew anything about football always knew Moreno is good, even if he never became Adrian Peterson. The "hate Knowshon" religion has died a long time ago. Not sure why it keeps getting brought up as news that the kid can play.

atwater27
09-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Hey, he had a great game today for us. Salutations Mr. Moreno! Now keep it up and I might change my mind.

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Most fans who knew anything about football always knew Moreno is good, even if he never became Adrian Peterson. The "hate Knowshon" religion has died a long time ago. Not sure why it keeps getting brought up as news that the kid can play.

You say the "hate Knowshon religion" has died, but look at post #2 of this thread. He still has his detractors on here. I agree though that anyone who knows football knows that he is a solid player. Yeah he's had bad luck with injuries, but he's worth a spot on the roster if Denver wants him back next season.

Joker56
09-15-2013, 07:22 PM
He done really good today..

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:26 PM
we should throw him the ball more too ! KM would have had 3 TDs had they not replaced him with ball who coughed up the ball at the goal-line.

you've got to get early picks playing time imo, both for the player and teh team. and now is the time to do it. Diversify your investments more or less. Moreno has been blossoming and should continue to be the starter, but he has yet to show he can do it for 16 games.

DenBronx
09-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Knowshon is our #1 back. Been saying this since McGahee was cut.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Please, dude played well, lets not get carried away. Best thing could happen is Moreno plays himself out of Denver's budget.

DenBronx
09-15-2013, 07:29 PM
^^^^ he will still have his haters, even when he plays very good. ^^^^^

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:30 PM
I'll need to see performance from this back over a full season. Performance that is iron clad before I crown him The all time leading runner of the NFL

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:30 PM
^^^^ he will still have his haters, even when he plays very good. ^^^^^

There is really nothing left that can be said to the people who are still mad at him for not playing like a first round pick. Where he was drafted is completely irrelevant six seasons later.

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:31 PM
I'll need to see performance from this back over a full season. Performance that is iron clad before I crown him The all time leading runner of the NFL

Nut please don't troll my thread!

Broncolingus
09-15-2013, 07:31 PM
I think the issue most fans (not Donksters) have had, has been with his ability to stay healthy for any length of time...

He played great the second half of last season and has been the best back for Denver the first two games of this year clearly...

...dude just needs to stay healthy.

IMO...

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Nut please don't troll my thread!

alright.

DenBronx
09-15-2013, 07:34 PM
There is really nothing left that can be said to the people who are still mad at him for not playing like a first round pick. Where he was drafted is completely irrelevant six seasons later.

Exactly.

One thing people need to realize, he was never in a Manning offense. This is where I think Moreno is going to shine. He is the best pass catching RB we have and just fits this offense best right now.

Manning really just needs his RBs to make the right reads, pick up blocks and be ready to catch. Yes we will run him but there are so many other things RBs need to do in this type of offense. No knock on Ball but he just isnt ready yet.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Exactly.

One thing people need to realize, he was never in a Manning offense. This is where I think Moreno is going to shine. He is the best pass catching RB we have and just fits this offense best right now.

Manning really just needs his RBs to make the right reads, pick up blocks and be ready to catch. Yes we will run him but there are so many other things RBs need to do in this type of offense. No knock on Ball but he just isnt ready yet.

he blocks pretty well too.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2013, 07:36 PM

I love how in one good game he goes from "he's our best in pass pro" to the best RB on the team.

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:38 PM
I love how in one good game he goes from "he's our best in pass pro" to the best RB on the team.

Except I was saying it during the offseason too. I can show you posts from back then if you'd like. I don't see how you can debate that he is our best running back right now after watching two games. Now Ball could wind up being better (and I hope he does), but he is still a long way off.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:39 PM
right now he probably is, but we'll see. He had a reall nice game tonight for sure. I would have liked to have seen the other back, forget his name. bvut moreno was really on fire.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2013, 07:39 PM
He gives y'all so few opportunities to puff your chest out, I can see why ya get carried away.

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:40 PM
He gives y'all so few opportunities to puff your chest out, I can see why ya get carried away.

Really not true either, as he was really good for us down the stretch last season too. He has been nothing but productive with Manning. But please, continue to be pissy because he isn't living up to where he was drafted six seasons ago.

cmc0605
09-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Moreno played like a pro bowler all last season too after Willis went down. He played fine tonight. He's always been a 4 ypc type of player especially with a good line in front of him, is a good receiver/blocker, etc. This isn't some freak occurrence- he can play, and arguments otherwise are simply wrong.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:48 PM

oh, you are fan of another team? I didn't know that. (no big deal, just didn't know that)

Moreno is a good back. I am of the school that he had some bad luck with injury and the o'line. he was criticized for not having vision, injury prone, etc. but if you know football, you are aware of this. Moreno's not the type of back that is going to carry a team. H'es not an LT., or even a McGahee. but he can certainly be a productive back in the right circumstances, and I believe he's been working into that since early to middle last season. I'm really not surprised he did what he did tonight. he had some good blockking and was able to work into a nice rythm. there are alot of weapons on the offense which loosens the running game up a bit.

Chef Zambini
09-15-2013, 07:57 PM
you've got to get early picks playing time imo, both for the player and teh team. and now is the time to do it. Diversify your investments more or less. Moreno has been blossoming and should continue to be the starter, but he has yet to show he can do it for 16 games.with that logic we should be playing brock osweiler.

Chef Zambini
09-15-2013, 08:00 PM
DID PFM even target him for a single pass today?
If so I missed it.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 08:13 PM
with that logic we should be playing brock osweiler.

welll, I see what you are saying, and I would agree to some extent, but you know as well as I do that that's a little bit different, if you are of the vein that the qb is the team leader.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
DID PFM even target him for a single pass today?
If so I missed it.

who Zam? did he target who?

BigDaddyBronco
09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Why does Moreno spaz out every time he gets tackled and someone is on top of him. Half the time it looks like someone wants to hit him when he gets up. The guy is playing great, looks like the benching last year woke him up.

AZBronco
09-15-2013, 08:19 PM
I thought Moreno had a great all around game tonight. Good blocking, catching, and, best of all, rushing. He ran hard and seemed to play with passion tonight. It was great seeing the blocking by Virgil Green and Orlando Franklin on his scores. Franklin leading the way 10+ yards down field was fantastic... but it also speaks to Moreno's speed. I think you need to play the hot hand and when Moreno is running the way he did today, you keep him on the field.
Worry about the next contract, and whether he stays or go's, at the end of the season. If he plays his way out of our budget, it's not all bad for us. Just my $.02

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
who Zam? did he target who?

Targeting is a 15 yard penalty, I think.

I think it gets you ejaculated in college.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 08:22 PM
^ I remember my 15th post

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Targeting is a 15 yard penalty, I think.

I think it gets you ejaculated in college.

targeting a receiver? even if the receiver is of the opposite sex? :tsk:

topscribe
09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Moreno played angry today!! Did you see his expression as he sat on the
bench after his TD run? Wow!

Maybe he was pissed because of the putrid officiating . . .

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 08:26 PM
^ I remember my 15th post

Wow. That was my 8000th post. I totally ****** that up.

AZBronco
09-15-2013, 08:26 PM
I've lurked for way too long, and on a daily basis. Time to take part.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 08:27 PM
targeting a receiver? even if the receiver is of the opposite sex? :tsk:

I think it depends on if you're in California or not.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 08:27 PM

Hola! Como esta?

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM

c'mon in, the water is wet

Joker56
09-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes Zam.. he did target KM
he caught 3 for 14 yards

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 08:30 PM
c'mon in, the water is wet

That aint all that's wet.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes Zam.. he did target KM
he caught 3 for 14 yards

Yeah. But did Manning mean to throw it to Moreno or did he think it was someone else? I think that's the difference in targeting.

Joker56
09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
well, welcome to posting AZBronco...
i been lurking for years myself lol
my football knowledge lacks a lot...
i am just a Broncos fan for 43 years

Joker56
09-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Is a Von targeting someone ...
since he tried to purchase a gun ?

LOL

GEM
09-15-2013, 09:46 PM
I have always been super hard on Moreno. He has looked real good this season. There is a fire in his belly I have not seen before. He is showing patience and vision. Happy he is proving me wrong. Nice job, Knowshon!

Nomad
09-15-2013, 09:48 PM
I have always been super hard on Moreno. He has looked real good this season. There is a fire in his belly I have not seen before. He is showing patience and vision. Happy he is proving me wrong. Nice job, Knowshon!

Now it's to keep the injury bug away and he can stay healthy all season.

MOtorboat
09-15-2013, 09:52 PM
My man.

tubby
09-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Sauced

Army Bronco
09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Im glad KM is doing good. I did not like him much at first last year.

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Im glad KM is doing good. I did not like him much at first last year.

Superman does good, Moreno is doing well.

(Sorry for the nerd joke, I will show myself out...)

Simple Jaded
09-15-2013, 10:58 PM
oh, you are fan of another team? I didn't know that. (no big deal, just didn't know that)

Moreno is a good back. I am of the school that he had some bad luck with injury and the o'line. he was criticized for not having vision, injury prone, etc. but if you know football, you are aware of this. Moreno's not the type of back that is going to carry a team. H'es not an LT., or even a McGahee. but he can certainly be a productive back in the right circumstances, and I believe he's been working into that since early to middle last season. I'm really not surprised he did what he did tonight. he had some good blockking and was able to work into a nice rythm. there are alot of weapons on the offense which loosens the running game up a bit.

Why would you think I'm not a Broncos fan? I said "y'all" as in Moreno supporters.

Jsteve01
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
thing is that we need that from him too. he ran with bad intentions today. Initiating contact and never going down on the first hit. That's the stuff that gets important when temps drop or you have bad weather.

tomjonesrocks
09-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Moreno won me over last season. He's just so injury-prone, unfortunately.

How many games can he really last? Ball I hope starts coming on soon.

Hawgdriver
09-16-2013, 12:03 AM
I think any questions as to whom our best back is were erased tonight. Moreno was money today. Great in the passing game as usual, and ripped off a couple of nice TD runs. I'm disappointed Fox put in Ball at the end with Moreno 7 yards away from 100. Moreno was far from perfect today, but he is justifying Fox's decision to start him. I know this is an unpopular stance, but I hope we give him a new contract if he keeps playing like this.

I haven't seen a player play with as much anger and determination in a long time. Reminded me a bit of D-Will. I was proud of him.

Hawgdriver
09-16-2013, 12:06 AM
thing is that we need that from him too. he ran with bad intentions today.

His intentions went way beyond bad.

Simple Jaded
09-16-2013, 12:48 AM
It did suck that they pulled Moreno for Ball to salt the game away. If they're gonna do that after the game Moreno had you know this is a true committee. Yay!

Hawgdriver
09-16-2013, 12:57 AM
Hey, and what about the hustle on keeping with the play on the fumble he recovered? That was the play of the game. Give that homeboy a gameball.

This team wants to punch you in the nose, and demand an apology for unjustifiably getting in the way of its righteous fist. I see that attitude in Manning, the DBs, the lines, the LBs, and now in Knowshon.

dogfish
09-16-2013, 02:35 AM
My man.

you can't spell moreno without MO!

dogfish
09-16-2013, 02:37 AM
It did suck that they pulled Moreno for Ball to salt the game away.

nah, smart coaching doesn't suck at all. . .

moreno is injury-prone, and ball needs the reps. . . makes total sense to limit knowshon's touches once the game is out of reach. . .

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 05:16 AM

why super hard on Moreno. what about when Decker screws up? I dont' see you starting any threads about his lousy play which does happen. It' s the hypocrisy. Crucify Moreno but swing from Decker's ballsac

(just kidding)

claymore
09-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Knowshon is running angry. He went from dancing with the stars in the backfield to running more like Marshawn Lynch (very physical runner). Im proud at the way Moreno has responded.

VonDoom
09-16-2013, 09:25 AM

moreno is injury-prone, and ball needs the reps. . . makes total sense to limit knowshon's touches once the game is out of reach. . .

Great point here. Ball definitely needed the reps - he looked terrible yesterday, and I want him to be the number one back this year. I've underestimated Moreno a lot going back to last year but the dude was a baller in that game. If we can actually run the ball with any kind of effectiveness, the play action passes will be deadly.

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 09:39 AM
I think Ball looked "okay" so far. I'm hoping he continues to get better, along with Hillman. In the mean time, it's pretty nice to see Knowshon step it up.

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Why would you think I'm not a Broncos fan? I said "y'all" as in Moreno supporters.

it just came off that way to me. no need to get your minipad in a knot

weazel
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
I dont think anyone here thinks he sucks, its the durability that most have a problem with.

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I dont think anyone here thinks he sucks, its the durability that most have a problem with.

probably true. He did suck a lot of times though. I remember he went through that fumbling phase.

MOtorboat
09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
You guys see him turn that corner on those two touchdowns?

Slow my ass.

:)

CoachChaz
09-16-2013, 12:57 PM

Slow my ass.

I happened to see both plays from a distance and thought it was Hillman running them in. But then I quickly realized that Hillman isnt nearly as fast as he is given credit for and was glad to see it was Moreno

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Slow my ass.

he has sufficient speed, and I did notice that. He's just not a burner I the true sense.

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Being a "burner" is overrated. Having a back that can follow blocks, find the hole, run hard, and pass black is sufficient enough.

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Being a "burner" is overrated. Having a back that can follow blocks, find the hole, run hard, and pass black is sufficient enough.

totally is. few real burners can do all of that that you just described, and a lot of burners can't.

Slick
09-16-2013, 01:30 PM
As much trash as I've talked about Moreno over the years, I sure am glad he is still on this team. He looks a heck of a lot better than Hillman and Ball at this point.

Our o line doesnt seem like they are going to line up and blow opposing dlines off the ball but Franklyn and Beadles had some nice blocks when they got downfield. Virgil Green also took two guys out of the play on Moreno's second td run.

topscribe
09-16-2013, 01:34 PM
he has sufficient speed, and I did notice that. He's just not a burner I the true sense.
But then, neither was TD . . .

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 01:37 PM
But then, neither was TD . . .

I know Top, it's not necessary. give me a 4.3 ypc average over an occasional breakaway any day of the week and twice on Sunday whatever all of that means

broncofaninfla
09-16-2013, 01:50 PM
I've been pretty critical of Moreno for a while but started to warm up to him late last year. Right now he looks like Denver's best option at RB and like the way he's playing.

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 01:54 PM
So, at what point is he "Showed Up" Moreno???

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 07:22 PM
This was one of his most awesome plays of the game...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1909m3g91z7kngif/original.gif

broncohead
09-16-2013, 08:19 PM
I have always liked Moreno and have always defended him. He does everything good but nothing great. He's someone that can be counted on in any situation.

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 08:24 PM
He did have that DUI. It seems as if he's straightened up doe.

Dzone
09-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Moreno is the best damn back in the NFL.

Dapper Dan
09-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Moreno is the best damn back in the NFL.

I wish I had started him on my fantasy team.

chazoe60
09-16-2013, 08:49 PM
you can't spell moreno without MO!

Or homo.

MOtorboat
09-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Or homo.

You just wish you were as cool as me.

SR
09-16-2013, 08:57 PM
You just wish you were as cool as me.

DeSean?

Skinny
09-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I wish I had started him on my fantasy team.I did, against MO.

My man! :heh:

Broncolingus
09-16-2013, 09:15 PM
I've been pretty critical of Moreno for a while but started to warm up to him late last year. Right now he looks like Denver's best option at RB and like the way he's playing.

I have been a critic too...more though, just in his ability to remain healthy and contribute on a regular basis.

I started to convert the second half of last year with him playing very well and staying healthy and that continues into this season...

I'm happy with him on the team and esp. the role (blocking in particular) he's playing in this offense now.

...AND, he just got a 'Gruden Grinder' for offense in tonight's Cin/Pitt game!

Simple Jaded
09-16-2013, 09:25 PM

Yeah, pull the hot guy and put in the guy with the 1.3 yard average, smart coaching indeed.

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Yeah, pull the hot guy and put in the guy with the 1.3 yard average, smart coaching indeed.

Seems like you really whiffed on his point here. He's saying with the game out of reach it's smart to give your high draft pick some reps while at the same time keeping Moreno fresh. I don't necessarily buy the whole "Moreno is injury prone" angle, but dog does make a very good point.

Simple Jaded
09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
it just came off that way to me. no need to get your minipad in a knot

Not at all. Mini pad is so fresh and so clean, clean.

atwater27
09-16-2013, 09:36 PM

I watched that like 10 times on my DVR after it happened.

MOtorboat
09-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Since Moreno returned to the lineup on Nov. 25 last year, he is ___ amongst running backs:

4th in receptions
5th in total yards
5th in receiving yards
6th in scoring
8th in rushing yards

dogfish
09-17-2013, 03:30 AM
Since Moreno returned to the lineup on Nov. 25 last year, he is ___ amongst running backs:

4th in receptions
5th in total yards
5th in receiving yards
6th in scoring
8th in rushing yards

and first in your heart. . . :laugh:

Cugel
09-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Moreno is just a completely different player from the guy we all loved to rip as "Kno-Show" for his first 4 years in the league. Somehow being on the scout team did something to his head.

The Broncos coaches basically decided "we have nothing invested in this guy and we don't care if he makes our football team or not." Moreno was on his way out of Denver and maybe out of the league. He was way down on the depth chart and playing on the scout team during practices.

And then some kind of light-bulb went off in his head and he started working really hard, becoming a more complete player. He's a lot more patient with his runs. His blocking has always been decent, but now he's really putting more effort in there as well.

You saw that Sunday. He was waiting for the blocks to develop and making the most out of plays while Ball was just ramming his head into the gap where the play was designed to go, whether there was any gap there or not. That's what Moreno used to do, but not now.

He is head and shoulders the best RB on this team now. If Fox doesn't start him it will just be some kind of garbage like "we need to get Ball more reps" and not because you want your best RB on the field as much as possible.

Dzone
09-17-2013, 11:04 AM
New Broncoforums! Sweet...Ball or CJ need to step it up

Northman
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
and first in your heart. . . :laugh:

MO knows MorenO's.

Northman
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Ive given my share or ripping on the boy but im glad he has worked harder and performed better. I really hope he sustains it moving forward. We really need a back to shine for us on our way to the SB.

MOtorboat
09-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Best recognize, bitches.

Northman
09-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Best recognize, bitches.

Dont get cocky. Baby steps.... lol

CoachChaz
09-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Happy to see him playing well. I think him and CJ will make a pretty good tandem.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 01:03 PM
He's playing well and that's good for the Broncos.

Rick
09-17-2013, 01:19 PM

Plays like that will keep the opportunities...and paychecks coming.