PDA

View Full Version : Carter

GEM
09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Dude gets called PI every time the opposing qb throws on him, it sucks. If he can't cover, he can't cover, take him off the field.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 06:50 PM
We can't have it both ways. He played well last year. He's not playing well this year. What are we suppose to do? Bench him until he starts playing better? How can you tell a guy is playing better while sitting on the bench. Every week someone is wanting someone benched.

Joel
09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
He needs to look back for the ball; he'd get flagged less if he did. There were many BS flags tonight, especially on that "Giants" TD drive that began with his PI on third and long, but even then Carters flag was legit.

He was inconsistent last year; he still is. That's why three guys are ahead of him on the depth chart (though one of them being a first ballot HoFer and at least one other having the talent to be one is a also a factor.)

DenBronx
09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Bailey should be back next week and we wont have this problem anymore.

Bailey, Harris, DRC, Nacho and Moore??? Are you kidding me? That should make QBs take alot of Pepto the night before and day of the game.

cmc0605
09-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Carter is pretty good for a typical #4 corner, and some of the calls were weak. With Champ back, you'll see him less. Not a big deal.

GEM
09-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I have said the same thing for 2 seasons, this isn't just 2 games. He's too aggressive and it always costs the tam, 3 for 45 on Carter alone, 1 game.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I know what you mean, but yeah, it's not wise to get overreactive about it at this point. he made some nice plays, but yes, did have some calls. but I saw woodyard make some pretty weak tackle attempts tonight too, if you cathch my drift. but it is certainly something that coach needs to address, maybe.

there were some questionable calls tonight for sure. that one ref that looked kinda like chris collingsworth seemed to be picking on the denver d.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm sure it probably happened 3 times. I only remember one, and it was iffy, in my opinion. He was between the ball and the offensive player. He was in good position. But the refs want you to turn around. The WR tries to wrap around you to catch the ball because you're in better position and it's a flag. There are a lot of flags on DBs anymore. It can't always be helped.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I know what you mean, but yeah, it's not wise to get overreactive about it at this point. he made some nice plays, but yes, did have some calls. but I saw woodyard make some pretty weak tackle attempts tonight too, if you cathch my drift. but it is certainly something that coach needs to address, maybe.

there were some questionable calls tonight for sure. that one ref that looked kinda like chris collingsworth seemed to be picking on the denver d.

Week 1 - WR has a receiving TD....A thread is made to get him replaced.
Week 2 - DB gets an INT...A thread is made to get him benched.

I'm interested to see week 3.

GEM
09-15-2013, 07:00 PM
He moved the opposing team into the red zone twice, maybe not worrisome to some now, but if it costs a win, don't bitch then. :lol:

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
He was really bad today. He needs to learn to look at the damn ball when it's coming in. Granted, he won't see another WR coprs as deep as NY's this season, so that is a good thing.

Chef Zambini
09-15-2013, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Joel;2025636]He needs to look back for the ball; he'd get flagged less if he did. There were many BS flags tonight, especially on that "Giants" TD drive that began with his PI on third and long, but even then Carters flag was legit.

I have been watc hing the NFL for over 50 years. I cant recall a more BLATANT attempt by the refs to give a team a TD, then that garbage at the end of the 3rd quarter !
4 first downs in the red zone on 4 highly querstionable calls against the broncos !
It was total BS !
but the league office is in NYC....

GEM
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM

If I made both threads, you could say that. I didn't. Decker sucked last week, but I wouldn't replace him. Next week, player does something dumb, someone will start a thread. Dont likeit, shouldn't be on a message board full of different opinions.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM

yeah, I did notice that on the wr, he had a td reception tonite in fact. hmmmm.

but GEM, I know what you mean, but he has some dang good plays too. plus look at decker this week vs week one. Welker even kinda sucked today, comparatively. But I''l be keeping a closer eye on the dbs. I like linebacking corps, I like, and our O-line has been doing some great run blocking and protection. great win on the road.

Dapper Dan
09-15-2013, 07:07 PM
If I made both threads, you could say that. I didn't. Decker sucked last week, but I wouldn't replace him. Next week, player does something dumb, someone will start a thread. Dont likeit, shouldn't be on a message board full of different opinions.

Where did I say that people shouldn't be allowed to make the threads? People can make all the threads they want. I could care less. I'm still going to give my opinion on the thread. I'm sorry. I guess you're not used to people disagreeing with you. I don't know. It's bound to happen at least once. And it wasn't Decker. It was Caldwell. I don't care who made what thread. It's a theme. I pointed it out. Get over it.

Chef Zambini
09-15-2013, 07:07 PM
rahim moore redemed himself today, and i was thrilled that he just took a knee and didnt try to bring that ball out of the end-zone.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 07:08 PM
rahim moore redemed himself today, and i was thrilled that he just took a knee and didnt try to bring that ball out of the end-zone.

someone told him to take that knee, but you can ride his balls all night long for all I care. he did play well today though, I thought.

Chef Zambini
09-15-2013, 07:10 PM
duke got his $$$ worth on his penalty !

atwater27
09-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Most of those calls were horseshit. Chickenshit. and every other kind of shit. I would have been more pissed if we lost the game. Our DB's did an awesome job. The NFL is simply making it flag football past the front seven, and it is disgusting.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2013, 07:14 PM
That pi call on the 9 route was a bad call. He turned and looked back for the ball. He also caused a tunover with the ball he tipped to Harris, AND he almost had a pick. I think suggesting he get pulled due to today is a bit of knee jerk reaction.

SR
09-15-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm not worried about Carter at all.

smith49
09-15-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm not worried about Carter at all.

Me either. I thought he played well and the PI's were an absolute joke for the most part.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-15-2013, 07:22 PM
DRC got called for 2 PI's, too. It was a poorly officiated game. I think the refs gave the Giants more yards in penalties than they actually gained by playing. It took 3 penalties to finally award the Giants with the one inch it took to finally score a rushing TD. :tsk:

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Me either. I thought he played well and the PI's were an absolute joke for the most part.

A lot of the calls today were jokes, but most of the calls on Carter were right. He was not looking back at the ball, and they will throw the flag every time if you do that.

LawDog
09-15-2013, 07:41 PM
[itQUOTE=BroncoWave;2025698]A lot of the calls today were jokes, but most of the calls on Carter were right. He was not looking back at the ball, and they will throw the flag every time if you do that.[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree. Carter was looking back, just not for very long. Case in point, on the first PI on the gift td drive Carter looks back over his right shoulder and sees the ball coming in way to his left. He can't turn around quick enough to relocate the ball and the reciever tries to go through him to make the catch. I don't see how he could have played that any different. And I don't think it should have drawn a flag.

smith49
09-15-2013, 07:45 PM

A lot of the calls today were jokes, but most of the calls on Carter were right. He was not looking back at the ball, and they will throw the flag every time if you do that.

That's why I said " for the most part". Just because a guy doesn't locate the ball doesn't mean it's PI. If a DB grabs or jumps up and puts his hands in front of the WO's face, then yes he needs to locate the ball. Just running step for step with a WO and not giving him room to catch a pass does not warrant a flag. ( or, it shouldn't anyway)

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 07:47 PM
When I rewatch the game when they put it on NFL rewind I will focus on Carter. Perhaps I am being too harsh on him, but I thought the calls against him were correct. I will give him another chance though.

smith49
09-15-2013, 07:56 PM
When I rewatch the game when they put it on NFL rewind I will focus on Carter. Perhaps I am being too harsh on him, but I thought the calls against him were correct. I will give him another chance though.

No need wave, I'm right.

Lol I'm a huge homer also!!

But seriously, in today's nfl you can't look at a WO wrong without getting a PI. I miss the days when PI was PI and you really couldn't argue it. I also miss the days when you could light up a WO without a yellow flag flying through the air. But that's for another thread I suppose.

LTC Pain
09-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I agree with Gem. Carter sucks because he rarely, if ever, looks back to locate the ball. He always plays the receiver. And on the PI call Carter flashed a look back but did not turn his head around nearly far enough to locate the ball. Carter is the first CB I'd get off the Broncos' roster.

GEM
09-15-2013, 08:30 PM
We just neat a team NY a shit ton for the 2nd week in a row, I am not calling for the kid to ne cut. I'm saying he needs to lay off some of the aggression, makes some of those plays without the 15 yd penalty. There were a ton of bad calls today, unfortunately the 3 calls on him actually were PI. I am the biggest Homer, I always call bullshit, then watch the replay and figure out I was wrong and it was a good call. Happened 3 times tonight.

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 08:32 PM
We just neat a team NY a shit ton for the 2nd week in a row, I am not calling for the kid to ne cut. I'm saying he needs to lay off some of the aggression, makes some of those plays without the 15 yd penalty. There were a ton of bad calls today, unfortunately the 3 calls on him actually were PI. I am the biggest Homer, I always call bullshit, then watch the replay and figure out I was wrong and it was a good call. Happened 3 times tonight.

Yeah, the refs sucked dick for the most part tonight, but I think they were right on those Carter calls. I look forward to watching those plays again though when they put the game up on NFL Rewind.

Joker56
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM
As i said in my "Funny Post" get PM and DT traded lol .. only 2 td's for PM and 52 yards for DT this week lol
yes Carter was a bit high strung this week ..
hopefully things come down ..
still.... the defense bent but did not break completely
they gave up some plays ... but ... held the Giants
AND THE DAMN OFFENSE JUST PUT UP 36
Hollyday got that PR for TD

GEM
09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Didn't call for anyone to be cut. Just stated that it could cause trouble in a close game. FFS, the comprehension level around here tonight is questionable. Said it earlier, also said that it wasn't just this game, have said it since last season. It glared tonight, because it was 3 calls.

BroncoNut
09-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Didn't call for anyone to be cut. Just stated that it could cause trouble in a close game. FFS, the comprehension level around here tonight is questionable.

you said to get him out of there. you said it, now own it. could cause trouble in a close game? alot of things can cause trouble in a close game. you sound like Zam when he was all concerned about fumbling (think it was holiday). maybe it will, maybe it won't. who would have predicted the Rahim Moore incident? not saying these dont need to be addressed, but damn, you did say to get him off the field

BroncoWave
09-15-2013, 08:58 PM
you said to get him out of there. you said it, now own it. could cause trouble in a close game? alot of things can cause trouble in a close game. you sound like Zam when he was all concerned about fumbling (think it was holiday). maybe it will, maybe it won't. who would have predicted the Rahim Moore incident? not saying these dont need to be addressed, but damn, you did say to get him off the field

She's not denying this nut. She's saying that she didn't call for him to be cut, which would be correct.

LTC Pain
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
A little clarity so Gem doesn't get flack for something I said. I agree with Gem that Carter is terrible and shouldn't be on the field. It was my idea/statement that Carter isn't worth a roster spot and should be cut.

SR
09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
A little clarity so Gem doesn't get flack for something I said. I agree with Gem that Carter is terrible and shouldn't be on the field. It was my idea/statement that Carter isn't worth a roster spot and should be cut.

What?

GEM
09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
If he can't cover, take him off the field, 3 PI calls in one game shows he can't cover his player, take him off and sit him for the night, calm him down and he'll learn to cover instead of interfere.

SR
09-15-2013, 09:05 PM
If he can't cover, take him off the field, 3 PI calls in one game shows he can't cover his player, take him off and sit him for the night, calm him down and he'll learn to cover instead of interfere.

You're being a little harsh. Carter can cover just fine, it's just his technique that needs a little tweak.

GEM
09-15-2013, 09:05 PM

Thanks LTC, I appreciate that.

MOtorboat
09-15-2013, 09:06 PM

Not necessarily. I saw over aggression, not an inability to cover his man. This likely comes from playing the dime and being forced into the outside corner spot with Bailey gone. In the slot you can be a little more aggressive and there's less of a spotlight on you.

GEM
09-15-2013, 09:08 PM
You're being a little harsh. Carter can cover just fine, it's just his technique that needs a little tweak.

This is not his first game with PI calls. Its more of a continual habit that needs correction. Harsh? Maybe, but Id rather it get corrected instead of costing a game. Twice it gave the Giants red zone field position.

GEM
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Not necessarily. I saw over aggression, not an inability to cover his man. This likely comes from playing the dime and being forced into the outside corner spot with Bailey gone. In the slot you can be a little more aggressive and there's less of a spotlight on you.

Maybe I worded it a bit harsh, he did stay with the Guy and he was in a position to make a play, but he interferred costing the Broncos 45 yards of field advantage. Something they should correct as he could be pretty good if they do.

MOtorboat
09-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Maybe I worded it a bit harsh, he did stay with the Guy and he was in a position to make a play, but he interferred costing the Broncos 45 yards of field advantage. Something they should correct as he could be pretty good if they do.

I agree. He has to not commit the penalty. Most of it is just learning to turn around and look for the ball in sideline coverage, which he's done very little of in the pros.

He can cover, and he can run, he just has to learn to turn around and make a play no the ball not the receiver.

GEM
09-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks Mo, you worded it better than me.

Hawgdriver
09-15-2013, 10:31 PM

I thought the calls were correct, but I'm not worried about Carter.

Broncolingus
09-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I'll agree he's had basically the same recurring 'issue' (although I throw out today's horribly called game), but I still think he can improve his technique and overcome that...

...but I do agree, there needs to be some improvement - particularly, with the playing time he's getting now.

Remaining cautiously optimistic...

JMO

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 11:29 AM
did you play football Mo?

claymore
09-16-2013, 12:16 PM
I thought the calls were correct, but I'm not worried about Carter.

Alot of them were correct, but the same penalties could have been called against NY. It was obviously one sided. IMO

WARHORSE
09-16-2013, 12:27 PM
When Champ gets back he will see less time, but in the mean time his problem is a coachable one.

For the amount of time he has in the league, he should have this already.

That says to me that he isnt the strongest upstairs and can break down mentally sometimes.

Probably why he is as deep on the depth chart as he is because physically the guy can get it done.

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 12:39 PM

If you mean Carter can run/keep up with his man then I agree "Carter can cover just fine". Unfortuneately, he never looks back at the ball and plays the man exclusively (face guarding). Thus all the PI calls. Which means Carter cannot cover just fine.

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 12:41 PM
did you play football Mo?

Please, don't start with the "are you qualified to have an opinion in this matter" crap.

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I agree. He has to not commit the penalty. Most of it is just learning to turn around and look for the ball in sideline coverage, which he's done very little of in the pros.

He can cover, and he can run, he just has to learn to turn around and make a play no the ball not the receiver.

Exactly MO. If Carter can be coached to look back and play the ball, vice the man getting PI calls, then I will certainly take my hand off the ejection handle concerning Carter.

CoachChaz
09-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Next week he'll be able to be exactly what he is. A dime back.

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Please, don't start with the "are you qualified to have an opinion in this matter" crap.

stay out of it if you can't conduct yourself appropriately. question for Mo, I don't need to justify a damn thing to you

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 01:03 PM
stay out of it if you can't conduct yourself appropriately. question for Mo, I don't need to justify a damn thing to you

Nor does Mo have to justify/qualify anything to you. Keep that straight in your mind and all is well.

Joel
09-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree with Gem. Carter sucks because he rarely, if ever, looks back to locate the ball. He always plays the receiver. And on the PI call Carter flashed a look back but did not turn his head around nearly far enough to locate the ball. Carter is the first CB I'd get off the Broncos' roster.
This. He glanced back for a split second well before the ball arrived, then turned forward and remained that way for the rest of the play—including when he put both hands on the receiver. Refs will call that every time, for the very simply reason it's pass interference. Many of the calls were bad, but Carters repeated flags were for genuine infractions. I fear he's another DB playing like it's 1975 and coverage still consists of allowing catches then separating the receiver from the ball/his head. That's bad enough in a safety, but inexcusable in a CB.

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Nor does Mo have to justify/qualify anything to you. Keep that straight in your mind and all is well.

omg. troll

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
omg. troll

Troll? What utter crap Nut! Out of one corner of your mouth you say you don't have to justify anything to me but from the other you're asking Mo to do that very thing!

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Troll? What utter crap Nut! Out of one corner of your mouth you say you don't have to justify anything to me but from the other you're asking Mo to do that very thing!

show me. where did I ask Mo to do that very same thing? by simply asking him if he played football????. not good enough. You presume that I asked that to justify his opinion apparently. you are being a troll, trying to start crap. I dont' have to justify to you my motives and I won't. You will think whatever it is you think

LTC Pain
09-16-2013, 01:44 PM
show me. where did I ask Mo to do that very same thing? by simply asking him if he played football????. not good enough. You presume that I asked that to justify his opinion apparently. you are being a troll, trying to start crap. I dont' have to justify to you my motives and I won't. You will think whatever it is you think

So, whether Mo has played football or not is completely irrelevant to posting an opinion about football on this board, right? And, no, I'm not trying to troll or create drama. I've been on several public boards like this. Eventually it always surfaces where one poster tries to make judgement of another's opininion by boiling it down that that poster is not qualified to have said opinion. The old wolf pack "I'm qualified/you ain't" mentality, which rubs me badly. If you think me challenging your thought process is an issue with the rules then by all means use the report button :)

topscribe
09-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Dude gets called PI every time the opposing qb throws on him, it sucks. If he can't cover, he can't cover, take him off the field.
In fairness to him, he was wrongly called on a couple. The one on the
crossing route was a thing of beauty on his part. When he was called for
that was when I lost it (well, that and the one on Rahim's gorgeous hit).

I don't get that upset when the Broncos get outplayed. But I just
cannot stand stupid officials! :mad:

BroncoNut
09-16-2013, 02:01 PM
So, whether Mo has played football or not is completely irrelevant to posting an opinion about football on this board, right? And, no, I'm not trying to troll or create drama. I've been on several public boards like this. Eventually it always surfaces where one poster tries to make judgement of another's opininion by boiling it down that that poster is not qualified to have said opinion. The old wolf pack "I'm qualified/you ain't" mentality, which rubs me badly. If you think me challenging your thought process is an issue with the rules then by all means use the report button :)

I'm not going to get into this LTC. have a great day

Ziggy
09-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Without reading into 5 pages of this thread, I'll just say this....Someone show me a better 4th corner in the NFL. Carter may not be a decent 1 or 2 corner, but as a 4th, he's more than adequate.

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 05:26 PM
In fairness to him, he was wrongly called on a couple. The one on the
crossing route was a thing of beauty on his part. When he was called for
that was when I lost it (well, that and the one on Rahim's gorgeous hit).

I don't get that upset when the Broncos get outplayed. But I just
cannot stand stupid officials! :mad:

Top, I went back and watched the game again, and Carter was not wrongly called on any of his PI calls. On the crossing route, he clearly grabbed onto the WRs jersey. The replay showed a perfect angle of it.

Hawgdriver
09-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Alot of them were correct, but the same penalties could have been called against NY. It was obviously one sided. IMO

No doubt.