PDA

View Full Version : Gallo: What if Peyton Manning ...

weazel
09-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Everyone knows the story of how Eli Manning ended up in New York. The Chargers selected him No. 1 overall in 2004, Archie Manning made it clear he didn't want his son playing in San Diego and the Eli-Philip Rivers trade went down. The rest? History.

But what if Archie Manning had decided to meddle with his son Peyton's draft fate in 1998? The talent on that year's Indianapolis Colts was no better than what the San Diego Chargers of 2004 had, and neither city is a top-tier media market.

With another Peyton-versus-Eli showdown on the way, let's see how NFL history would have changed had Peyton Manning been acquired by the New York Giants in 1998.

More... http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/9666989/peyton-manning-had-new-york-giant

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2013, 08:23 PM
That's the dumbest bunch of shit I've read in awhile. It wasn't even funny. Someone actually pays this guy? It would've been more "realistic" had the Mannings just been abducted by aliens.

UnderArmour
09-13-2013, 08:42 PM
That's the dumbest bunch of shit I've read in awhile. It wasn't even funny. Someone actually pays this guy? It would've been more "realistic" had the Mannings just been abducted by aliens.

It was mildly amusing.

NightTrainLayne
09-13-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm going to recommend to the mod squad that we proceed with banning Weazel.

weazel
09-13-2013, 09:17 PM
I'd still rather read that article than have to re-watch that NE-NYJ game.

Simple Jaded
09-14-2013, 12:56 AM
I'd still rather read that article than have to re-watch that NE-NYJ game.

Shit, I could re-watch Brady falling to pieces. That was solid entertainment.

Northman
09-14-2013, 04:22 AM
Dont let them knock you down Weazel! This thread was EPIC!!!!

*ok, not really but i had to throw you a bone here.........* lol

Broncolingus
09-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Meanwhile, Jim Harbaugh is convicted on assault charges and sentenced to 15 years in prison.

I did think that part was funny...

Joel
09-14-2013, 12:33 PM
I kind of lost interest after "...the Super Bowl ends up being an epic matchup between Grossman and Kingsbury. Grossman pulls out another title." I thought this was alternate history, not Bizarro World.