PDA

View Full Version : Fox: Miller woes 'getting cleaned up'

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2013, 03:19 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A day after saying the team was "not happy'' with the latest off-the-field stumbles for Von Miller, coach John Fox said Thursday he believes the Denver Broncos are getting the Pro Bowl linebacker the help he needs to get his personal life on track and to continue to flourish in his career.

"Anything that can be done, we're doing,'' Fox said following Thursday's practice. "In a good way some of this is getting cleaned up. I would remind people it's traffic citations, and we're helping him get those cleaned up.

"I've had multiple traffic tickets, to be honest with you. It's just a matter of handling it, getting it paid because people want their money, and handling that right away, and we're helping him do that.''

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9666716/von-miller-getting-help-needs-denver-broncos-coach-john-fox-says

SR
09-13-2013, 03:22 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

CoachChaz
09-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Sad day when you have to teach millionaires how to pay traffic tickets

Nomad
09-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Fight The Power!:lol:

Clean it up, Von, and get on the field.

Davii
09-13-2013, 03:40 PM
All I can hope is that Von has learned his lessons from all of this and acts a lot more mature moving forward. The guy is supremely talented, but that talent only matters on the field. I hope he grows so we don't have to have him suspended ever again.

TXBRONC
09-13-2013, 03:45 PM
I hope so for his sake.

That said, there is still five games to get through before he can even back on the field.

rationalfan
09-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Sad day when you have to teach millionaires how to pay traffic tickets

or teach journalists how to read court reports.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2013, 04:29 PM
It's more than that. I'm not trying to compare traffic tickets with real crime, but it's not really about traffic tickets. It's about responsibility, accountability, and decision making.

Right now, Von is showing not only a lack of discipline and a lot if immaturity, but also that either he doesn't think the rules apply to him or he just doesn't care. Repeated traffic violations and failure to take responsibility for them shows that he doesn't give a damn about the rules. Just because he's not drunk doesn't mean he can't kill someone with a vehicle if he's driving too fast.

The drug test snafu and subsequent suspension reinforces this. He's rapidly becoming a "problem child". You'd think he'd learn eventually but it doesn't seem like it's happening. I'd rather have him be an insufferable, self promoting a-hole who produces on the field (like TO) than be an off field problem who can't get his life in order. He's becoming like Brandon Marshall all over again. Marshall seems to have finally grown out of it. Will Von before it's too late?

Slick
09-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm concerned but at the same time I'm trying to be optimistic. All of us have done some stupid stuff when we were growing up. I was 25 or 26 before the light went on for me. I was finally mature enough to call my Mom and Dad to apologize to them for my transgressions of my youth and that they were right all along.

Hopefully the media shitstorm in addition to missing these 6 games will be enough for Von to "see the light."

MOtorboat
09-13-2013, 04:57 PM

I'm more disturbed that a spokesperson for the California Attorney General's office doesn't know how to search their own database.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm more disturbed that a spokesperson for the California Attorney General's office doesn't know how to search their own database.

That warrant supposedly issued to Miller by the state of California for not showing up in court on a speeding ticket? Turns out there was no warrant, according to Miller's agent and the Orange County district attorney's office. Turns out the ticket was paid and the case closed shortly after the initial court date.

"I wasn't sure," said Susan Schroeder, spokeswoman for the Orange County district attorney. "We make mistakes. My punishment for it is I'm getting a hundred phone calls today."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24083154/latest-von-miller-brouhaha-something-from-nothing-broncos

She admitted she was not sure - sooooo, if she was NOT sure, why did she initially say what she did???? Sounds like she just flipped out a comment, without checking/verifying anything first. And what she said made local/national news. I wonder if Von would have a case for legal action against her.

Dzone
09-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Someone needs to hold Vons hand..for the rest of his career

Timmy!
09-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I hope his chickens are OK.

Simple Jaded
09-14-2013, 01:12 AM

Seriously, because when you're not high chickens just aren't that cool.

Pudge
09-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Seriously, because when you're not high chickens just aren't that cool.

cok fights may sway your opinion

Broncolingus
09-14-2013, 04:23 AM

...prob a die-hard Faiders fan...

TXBRONC
09-14-2013, 09:23 AM

Well his chicks have come back home to roost.

pnbronco
09-14-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm concerned but at the same time I'm trying to be optimistic. All of us have done some stupid stuff when we were growing up. I was 25 or 26 before the light went on for me. I was finally mature enough to call my Mom and Dad to apologize to them for my transgressions of my youth and that they were right all along.

Hopefully the media shitstorm in addition to missing these 6 games will be enough for Von to "see the light."

This is where I am Slick. Heck I made a lot of mistakes in my 20's because before then I was so focus to get to college and to keep my scholarship that I didn't do the stupid stuff I would have in my late teens.

I think it's easy to forget that Von is only 24. Heck my 24 year old kids still do a lots of what I call paperwork mistakes. Tags for the car paying a parking ticket in time, that kind of stuff. Also he is single and I can't tell you all the "paperwork" stuff I do for hubby that keeps from getting in trouble. I know that he should not be speeding, but most of have in our life time.

It's easy to think that if you have money you don't have these problems. In some ways it's harder. From the time someone figured out that you could make more than the normal wages there are people trying to take it from you. People that act like they are trying to help you for a fee of course and it's hard to know who to trust. I'm hoping that the FO finds a person to help him keep all his ducks or "chickens" in a row and he grows up.

Simple Jaded
09-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Miller needs a wife, while it's not 100% successful it is by far the most effective treatment for the Idiot gene.

gregbroncs
09-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Is it just me or does this latest incident seem like a whole lot of talk about nothing?

MasterShake
09-14-2013, 11:35 AM
This is where I am Slick. Heck I made a lot of mistakes in my 20's because before then I was so focus to get to college and to keep my scholarship that I didn't do the stupid stuff I would have in my late teens.

I think it's easy to forget that Von is only 24. Heck my 24 year old kids still do a lots of what I call paperwork mistakes. Tags for the car paying a parking ticket in time, that kind of stuff. Also he is single and I can't tell you all the "paperwork" stuff I do for hubby that keeps from getting in trouble. I know that he should not be speeding, but most of have in our life time.

It's easy to think that if you have money you don't have these problems. In some ways it's harder. From the time someone figured out that you could make more than the normal wages there are people trying to take it from you. People that act like they are trying to help you for a fee of course and it's hard to know who to trust. I'm hoping that the FO finds a person to help him keep all his ducks or "chickens" in a row and he grows up.

I'm optimistic in the fact that all of this stuff that is coming out happened pre-suspension. If he keeps his head on straight as we make a push for the Super Bowl no one is going to care. If some new stuff happens from this point on, then he is the moron the media is trying to make him out to be. Personally I believe he is smarter than that and won't let his talent go to waste.

Nomad
09-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Now that we've made all the excuses for Von, it's time for him to grow up. Like slick, I'm hoping and somewhat optimistic, he'll take the right path from here on out. But, HP56 said it best.

Broncolingus
09-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Miller needs a wife, while it's not 100% successful it is by far the most effective treatment for the Idiot gene.

That punishment seems excessive to me, Jaded...

...I'd even say prison time before that, but hopefully the suspension and fines will do the trick.

:D

Simple Jaded
09-15-2013, 02:53 AM
That punishment seems excessive to me, Jaded...

...I'd even say prison time before that, but hopefully the suspension and fines will do the trick.

:D

Why should Von get off so easy?

Broncolingus
09-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Why should Von get off so easy?

lol!