PDA

View Full Version : Broncos TE Julius Thomas evolves from Big Sky basketball star into pro football phenom

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2013, 11:33 AM
On the evening of Sept. 5, Steve Cooper rushed to a television after Portland State's football team ended its afternoon practice. His Vikings were traveling the next day to Berkeley, Calif., so they finished early, but Cooper still didn't know if he would make it in time.

He'd seen the depth chart, read the stories. Cooper knew Julius Thomas would be starting for the Broncos at tight end in the NFL season opener, and he hoped by some miracle he'd see Denver's opening drive. It was unlikely, except of course for that 33-minute lightning delay and a fortuitous flip of the coin. While most of the football world groaned, impatient to begin the season, Cooper knew this was yet another case of the stars aligning.

He saw it all, from Thomas' drop on Denver's opening play to his two touchdowns — the first of his pro career — and 110 yards receiving.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24084405/broncos-julius-thomas-te-making-orange-julius

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2013, 11:34 AM
I read that earlier this morning. It's a cool read.

camdisco24
09-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Picked him up and played him last week in fantasy (over Pettigrew, good risk, paid off). All my friends, east coast guys, obviously had not heard the hype most Broncos fans had heard all camp. Made me look like a genius!! Love his attitude and where he came from, hope he can keep this up!