PDA

View Full Version : Another Von Miller arrest warrent in California

Broncos Mtnman
09-11-2013, 11:06 PM
This guy is out of control . . .

Besides facing a driving without a license charge in Colorado and serving a six-game suspension for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy, Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller is also facing a traffic warrant in California.

Cited March 22 last year for speeding in Orange County, Calif., Miller failed to appear or pay the ticket.

A warrant was issued for his arrest, according to the CBS affiliate in Dallas-Fort Worth.

via Yahoo Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/von-miller-facing-arrest-warrant-032032095--nfl.html)

atwater27
09-11-2013, 11:08 PM
He needs to just take the fake glasses off and get some gold teeth and a dunce cap.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Von Miller is the Al Capone of jaywalkers.

Simple Jaded
09-12-2013, 12:13 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000242978/article/von-miller-cited-for-speeding-in-california-last-year

"The speeding ticket is a simple infraction for which arrest is not authorized. This is not a criminal case, and we have confirmed that there is no warrant for his arrest."

If I read this right no warrant issued in OC speeding case.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:30 AM
contempt of court, you read it here first.
reality on the way.

CrazyHorse
09-12-2013, 12:58 AM
He needs a PR guy and a life coach.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:07 AM
nursemaid/ baby-sitter/ chauffer.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Contempt of court violations are punishable by the judge, so it is up to the judge to determine the penalty. It can range from a rebuke, to fines, to jail time to all three.

Hawgdriver
09-12-2013, 01:32 AM

Woah you made me bust up Jaded.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Von Miller is the Al Capone of jaywalkers.funny, but contempt of court in 2 states is not jay-walking and no laughing matter.

Northman
09-12-2013, 04:16 AM
Sweet.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-12-2013, 04:39 AM
He's on his way to not just having his license suspended, but revoked for good. For millionaire, unpaid traffic tickets are just stupid. A couple hundred bucks at most. The guy is on the verge of not being allowed to drive. Hope he likes riding a bicycle or taking the bus.

spikerman
09-12-2013, 05:38 AM
He's on his way to not just having his license suspended, but revoked for good. For millionaire, unpaid traffic tickets are just stupid. A couple hundred bucks at most. The guy is on the verge of not being allowed to drive. Hope he likes riding a bicycle or taking the bus.

It doesn't sound like he'll let something like not being legally allowed to drive stop him from getting behind the wheel. I recently clipped a toenail that had more common sense than this guy.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 06:12 AM
He needs a PR guy and a life coach.

More like a crowbar to pry his head out of his ass.

Broncolingus
09-12-2013, 07:32 AM

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 07:35 AM
funny, but contempt of court in 2 states is not jay-walking and no laughing matter.

Good thing he's not facing contempt of court charges, then.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 07:46 AM

Who cares if he can't drive. He is a multi-millionaire, he can have somebody drive him 24/7. He is on the verge of being suspended longer than 6 games. He better get his act together and take responsibility for his actions, actually apologize to Broncos fans, and work hard to earn peoples respect again. What else does he have to do for more than a month?

chazoe60
09-12-2013, 07:47 AM

Funniest post you've ever made.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 07:48 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000242978/article/von-miller-cited-for-speeding-in-california-last-year

"The speeding ticket is a simple infraction for which arrest is not authorized. This is not a criminal case, and we have confirmed that there is no warrant for his arrest."

If I read this right no warrant issued in OC speeding case.

He did have an open warrant for failure to appear in court in Colorado I believe. He found out when he went to buy a gun in Denver and they ran a background check on him. He was arrested on site.

Mike
09-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Worse if Goodell determines his pattern of behavior is detrimental to the league image. That call is within his power.

Edit...just read a Lombardi tweet that said Miller paid the CA ticket and no arrest warrant was made.

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm just glad I backed off getting a Von Miller jersey for my birthday! Think I will get D. Thomas instead :)

SR
09-12-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm just glad I backed off getting a Von Miller jersey for my birthday! Think I will get D. Thomas instead :)

I bought my son a Von Miller jersey but we ended up taking it back for one reason or another. Probably a good thing. I don't want my son walking around with a punk ass's name on the back of his shirt.

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 08:34 AM
I bought my son a Von Miller jersey but we ended up taking it back for one reason or another. Probably a good thing. I don't want my son walking around with a punk ass's name on the back of his shirt.

It's pretty simple logic to me. Stupid is as stupid does. I don't respect or support stupid.

BroncoWave
09-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Vic Lombardi reported he never had an arrest warrant in Cali. The ticket has been paid. Nothing to see here.

SR
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
It's pretty simple logic to me. Stupid is as stupid does. I don't respect or support stupid.

Neither do I. Von Miller owes Bronco fans and the Broncos football team a lot right now and as far as I'm concerned, whether he paid the ticket or not, I'm washing my hands of him.

SR
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Vic Lombardi reported he never had an arrest warrant in Cali. The ticket has been paid. Nothing to see here.

It doesn't excuse the fact that he has still gone full retard. You don't EVER go full retard.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Good then hopefully this story will die quickly.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 09:19 AM
To be fair, which is difficult to do right now, if in fact Von is turning his life around it could be very true. Every single issue in recent news happened more than a year ago. But what he has to do to prove that to us is come out apologize for his actions in the past, and promise to move forward becoming a better person. Until he apologizes, he shows he hasn't changed a bit.

BroncoWave
09-12-2013, 09:33 AM
It doesn't excuse the fact that he has still gone full retard. You don't EVER go full retard.

Well given that this California story is proven bunk, the only actual new thing is the driving with a suspended license. Definitely a stupid thing to do given his current situation, but I wouldn't classify it as going full retard.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 09:45 AM
To be fair, which is difficult to do right now, if in fact Von is turning his life around it could be very true. Every single issue in recent news happened more than a year ago. But what he has to do to prove that to us is come out apologize for his actions in the past, and promise to move forward becoming a better person. Until he apologizes, he shows he hasn't changed a bit.

Ok but given he has apologized publically at it's been seen as insincere. He has to make things righ his team and League.

SR
09-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Well given that this California story is proven bunk, the only actual new thing is the driving with a suspended license. Definitely a stupid thing to do given his current situation, but I wouldn't classify it as going full retard.

Singularly, no, but cumulatively with all the other shit, yeah.

BroncoWave
09-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Singularly, no, but cumulatively with all the other shit, yeah.

The fact that his dad was in the front seat is the most mind-blowing part of this to me. If that's any indication of the type of father figure he is, maybe that gives some insight into Von's boneheadedness. (Not saying it excuses it, just saying it may have contributed to it)

SR
09-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Possibly, or Von keeps pertinent information (like a suspended D/L) from his padre.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Ok but given he has apologized publically at it's been seen as insincere. He has to make things righ his team and League.

He needs to apologize to everyone. I agree. And I do not consider his "apology" an apology.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 10:46 AM
He needs to apologize to everyone. I agree. And I do not consider his "apology" an apology.

So what good does he do himself to continue apologize. I don't know if he was sincere or not his previous apologies. He's underminded himself with more problems but that doesn't mean it wasn't sincere. I hope this young man will get his head on straight because if stay on the field after this all over he's going to have brilliant career.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
The fact that his dad was in the front seat is the most mind-blowing part of this to me. If that's any indication of the type of father figure he is, maybe that gives some insight into Von's boneheadedness. (Not saying it excuses it, just saying it may have contributed to it)

I posted the following in the other thread - IMO, Von was raised very well.

from a 2011 article:

Miller referred to not just NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, but also to some of his soon-to-be Broncos teammates as "Mister." He did the same for star NFL quarterbacks he will be expected to chase down ("Mr. Manning," "Mr. Brees"), explaining why he consented to have his name added to the players' lawsuit against the league.

"I like to show respect to those guys," he said of his pending Broncos teammates. "I haven't met those guys in person, so going by nicknames and stuff, I don't think that would be appropriate until we build a relationship and I can prove myself, gaining respect."

So where'd this come from? The same household and influences where the elder Von Miller was shocked to find out that his son was playing football.

"That was the way I was raised and the way we raised our children," said the father.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17966890

AND

from same article:

When Miller rebelled and said he would transfer, Sherman responded that if he really wanted to leave, the coach would sign his release.

Von loaded up his 1981 pickup truck and started back to DeSoto. His phone rang. His father put it simply: "Turn around."

"It wasn't the right thing to do," Von, the father, said. "That's not who we are."

Said the son: "I pulled over. I objected and gave him my opinion, and I told him what I wanted to do. He said, 'No, the right thing to do is to go back and fix what you've done. You can't run from things.'

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17966890

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 11:05 AM
So what good does he do himself to continue apologize. I don't know if he was sincere or not his previous apologies. He's underminded himself with more problems but that doesn't mean it wasn't sincere. I hope this young man will get his head on straight because if stay on the field after this all over he's going to have brilliant career.

The thing is, I haven't seen an apology from him. If you have, please share with me. The "apology" I was referring to was a tweet I though he sent but I didn't take that to be sincere. He needs to hold a press conference, take responsibility, and help out in the community.

ChairmanBron
09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Wow, I didn't realize he was arrested for trying to buy a firearm last month. This guy needs someone with common sense to hold his hand 24/7.

Miller was also arrested last month while trying to purchase a firearm when a routine background check revealed he had an outstanding warrant. In that case, Miller failed to appear for a court hearing on charges from last October when he was cited for careless driving and not having a license or proof of insurance.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/von-miller-denver-broncos-lb-arrest-warrant-california-failure-appear-traffic-ticket-2012-six-game-suspension-091113

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Wow, I didn't realize he was arrested for trying to buy a firearm last month. This guy needs someone with common sense to hold his hand 24/7.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/von-miller-denver-broncos-lb-arrest-warrant-california-failure-appear-traffic-ticket-2012-six-game-suspension-091113

It was just because of the traffic violation in California. A basic background check from the gun shop made it pop up and they were forced to report him.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2013, 11:39 AM
It was just because of the traffic violation in California. A basic background check from the gun shop made it pop up and they were forced to report him.

It was from the traffic violation in Colorado

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm in the "screw Von Miller" camp until he shows me I should think otherwise!

Slick
09-12-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't need him to apologize, I just want him to straighten his personal life out and get back on the football field.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 11:57 AM
It was from the traffic violation in Colorado

Yep, that's right. I said Colorado in an earlier post. There are just too many to keep track of lol

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:08 PM
he is charged with contempt of court in 2 different states.
those of you who continue to insist that von is only guilty of minor traffic violations are in for a rude awakening !
most likely the same ostriches who watched his first denial of a drug violation and could not see he was obviously hiding from the truth.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:23 PM
those of you who continue to insist that von is only guilty of minor traffic violations are in for a rude awakening !
most likely the same ostriches who watched his first denial of a drug violation and could not see he was obviously hiding from the truth.

LOL, false.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
.... says the defiant ostrich.

silkamilkamonico
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Where does it say Miller was charged with contempt of court twice?

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Where does it say Miller was charged with contempt of court twice?

Nowhere. Zam made that up.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
What’s more, because failure to appear for a court date is a crime in and of itself, the court may find you guilty of the offense—even if your original charges are dismissed or you are found not guilty. As a result, it is important have legal counsel if you were recently charged with failure to appear in court.

SR
09-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Being charged with "failure to appear" and being charged with contempt are TOTALLY different are they not? Don't you have to actually be in court to be charged with contempt?

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Being charged with "failure to appear" and being charged with contempt are TOTALLY different are they not? Don't you have to actually be in court to be charged with contempt?

I think about the only way to get contempt when you aren't actually in the courtroom is to threaten or bribe a lawyer/judge.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
What’s more, because failure to appear for a court date is a crime in and of itself, the court may find you guilty of the offense—even if your original charges are dismissed or you are found not guilty. As a result, it is important have legal counsel if you were recently charged with failure to appear in court.

When he failed to appear in court, the judged issued a bench warrant for his arrest. BUT that does not mean contempt of court. The judge has the authority but it rarely happens. It is just a misdemeanor. It's not a big deal.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2013, 01:09 PM
The thing is, I haven't seen an apology from him. If you have, please share with me. The "apology" I was referring to was a tweet I though he sent but I didn't take that to be sincere. He needs to hold a press conference, take responsibility, and help out in the community.

Don't be fooled Broncos fans, Von Miller is not back on Twitter and did not offer up an apology to you.

Miller's official account, @MillerLite40, which previously had a blue check mark for verification, has been deactivated for months. But, starting Wednesday morning, one day after it was reported Miller was in trouble with the law again, tweets began going out from the account, including an apology to fans.

Around 10 a.m., the account tweeted: "I know I've made mistakes but I'm doing my best to correct them everyone. I will do better in the future and make Broncos fans proud!"

Don't get too excited. Again, it is not Miller.

The current, fake account, has only 19 followers. Miller's official account with that handle had tens of thousands of followers.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24072309/broncos-von-miller-not-back-twitter-no-real

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24072309/broncos-von-miller-not-back-twitter-no-real

I had no knowledge of that fake tweet. The one I was thinking about was a few weeks ago. Thanks for the article!

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:21 PM
When he failed to appear in court, the judged issued a bench warrant for his arrest. BUT that does not mean contempt of court. The judge has the authority but it rarely happens. It is just a misdemeanor. It's not a big deal.as I stated, at the discretion of the judge.
some judges wait to hear the excuse of the defendant before classifying the failure as contempt.
Others automaticly clasify it as contempt and then allow the defendant to defend himself once in court.
based on Vons history and habit, his lawyer is going to have to defend against a ruling of CONTEMPT in both states!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I had no knowledge of that fake tweet. The one I was thinking about was a few weeks ago. Thanks for the article!

He spoke after his 6 game suspension. Maybe that is what you are thinking of

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I think about the only way to get contempt when you aren't actually in the courtroom is to threaten or bribe a lawyer/judge.LOL so very wrong, ask any parent who has not shown up on a child custody hearing / trial.
you can be found in contempt if you dont show up for jury duty !

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:26 PM
sorry, wrong.
as I have tried to you you all from the start, failure to appear is a form of contempt.

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Nowhere. Zam made that up.

He's back on ignore. Same Zam as before his last forced hiatus from this board.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Nowhere. Zam made that up.I said he was cited for failure to appear in court and may be declared in contempt at the discretion of the judge. and that is true in both states where he failed to appear.

Now the colo judge may already have his season tickets,
but the judge in cali, may not be so easily persuaded.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
I said he was cited for failure to appear in court and may be declared in contempt at the discretion of the judge. and that is true in both states where he failed to appear.

The California case is taken care of. Ticket paid. Vic Lombardi confirmed earlier today. I'm sure the Colorado one is alright too.

I guess we all became lawyers today! :lol:

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I said he was cited for failure to appear in court and may be declared in contempt at the discretion of the judge. and that is true in both states where he failed to appear.

There is no bench warrant in California. Period.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
The California case is taken care of. Ticket paid. Vic Lombardi confirmed earlier today. I'm sure the Colorado one is alright too.

I guess we all became lawyers today! :lol:failure to appear is a seperate infraction from the ticket.
do you have news on its judication?
it is not automaticly expunged with paying the traffic fine !
that may well be on another docket.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 01:42 PM

I guess we all became lawyers today! :lol:

Why go to Law school just stay in a Holiday Inn and you'll be good to go.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
failure to appear is a seperate infraction from the ticket.

Zam they're saying there is NO bench warrant.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 01:47 PM
failure to appear is a seperate infraction from the ticket.

@MOtorboat is correct. It was confirmed today that there was actually no warrant to begin with in California. It was never an issue. With him in the spotlight now, things get blown out of proportion. There was even an nfl.com headline that read "Von Miller sited for speeding in California in 2012".

silkamilkamonico
09-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm very confused.

I am learning to just ignore Zam and listen to everyone else.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM
wether or not a bench warrent was issued is MOOT.
he was indeed guyilty of failing to appear in court. that is a seperate offense from ANY traffic violation.
let me know when that citation for FAILURE TO APPEAR is dismissed.
a bench warrent is a process it is not the citation or crime, it simply allows for arrest on site !

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm very confused.

yes "everyone else' is defending von, how do you like your odds?

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
wether or not a bench warrent was issued is MOOT.
he was indeed guyilty of failing to appear in court. that is a seperate offense from ANY traffic violation.
let me know when that citation for FAILURE TO APPEAR is dismissed.
a bench warrent is a process it is not the citation or crime, it simply allows for arrest on site !

Failure to appear is a misdemeanor. Let's just remember that. Not a big deal

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 02:00 PM
failure to appear is the fifth form of contempt of court.
this is TRUE in almost every single state and all federal courts.
a bench warrent is aprocedure for ARREST. it is not the citation.
just like peanut butter is not jelly, even though the two are associated with one another.
VON is guilty of FAILURE TO APPEAR in both states. he and his attorney must respond to that CONVICTION, regardless of wether a bench warrent for his arrest was issued. the judge has discretion in both states.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm very confused.

You're better off not listening to him.

silkamilkamonico
09-12-2013, 02:07 PM
yes "everyone else' is defending von, how do you like your odds?

This isn't about defending Von.

You have stated, in more than one post in this thread as well as the other thread, that Miller has been charged with Contempt of Court twice. Here's post #44 in this thread to show as an example:

Not only have you failed to post a link that says he has already been charged with contempt of court twice, but you went back on your word a couple posts ago saying he "may be charged". Now it's coming out that he didn't even have a court date at all in California.

No wonder why people are so confused, you're legitimately spreading lies on the guy.

Simple Jaded
09-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Denver Post needs to pump the brakes on the Woodward and Bernstein act.

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Reports of Von Miller facing an arrest warrant seem to be more a product of media negligence than any wrongdoing from the recently embattled linebacker.

Miller does not face any criminal chargers in California, contrary to reports, or an arrest warrant, but there was a bench warrant issued for him due to outstanding payments he has not made related to a speeding ticket roughly 18 months ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23611183/von-millers-troubles-do-not-include-criminal-charges-in-california

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Denver Post needs to pump the brakes on the Woodward and Bernstein act.

If only they could be a little more jaded in their approach. :D

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 02:37 PM

This made me laugh :lol:

Simple Jaded
09-12-2013, 02:38 PM
If only they could be a little more jaded in their approach. :D

Perhaps I could do some freelance work, I have some spare time.

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 02:56 PM

This made me laugh :lol:

Maybe his Mommy and Daddy duct taped his ass to a chair and have him watching "how to be a good little rich boy" videos 24 hours non-stop!

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe his Mommy and Daddy duct taped his ass to a chair and have him watching "how to be a good little rich boy" videos 24 hours non-stop!excellent, thanks for the laugh

LawDog
09-12-2013, 03:11 PM
as I stated, at the discretion of the judge.
some judges wait to hear the excuse of the defendant before classifying the failure as contempt.
Others automaticly clasify it as contempt and then allow the defendant to defend himself once in court.
based on Vons history and habit, his lawyer is going to have to defend against a ruling of CONTEMPT in both states!

I am a criminal prosecutor. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to criticizing Von for his stupidity and leave the legal analysis to others. TIA

LawDog
09-12-2013, 03:15 PM
failure to appear is the fifth form of contempt of court.
this is TRUE in almost every single state and all federal courts.
a bench warrent is aprocedure for ARREST. it is not the citation.
just like peanut butter is not jelly, even though the two are associated with one another.
VON is guilty of FAILURE TO APPEAR in both states. he and his attorney must respond to that CONVICTION, regardless of wether a bench warrent for his arrest was issued. the judge has discretion in both states.

A person is only guilty of an offense after they enter a plea of guilty or are found guilty by a judge or jury. Please.Just.Stop... And it is spelled "warrant"

P34flyboy
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I am a criminal prosecutor. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to criticizing Von for his stupidity and leave the legal analysis to others. TIA

I think we know what this is for :laugh:

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:18 PM
This isn't about defending Von.

You have stated, in more than one post in this thread as well as the other thread, that Miller has been charged with Contempt of Court twice. Here's post #44 in this thread to show as an example:

Not only have you failed to post a link that says he has already been charged with contempt of court twice, but you went back on your word a couple posts ago saying he "may be charged". Now it's coming out that he didn't even have a court date at all in California.

No wonder why people are so confused, you're legitimately spreading lies on the guy.he is GUILTY not charged, but actually GUILTY of failure to appear. as I have stated failure to appear is a form of contempt of court, so technicly he is already a potential contempt of court criminal, but it remains at the discretion of the judge.
Hw will have to defend himself before each judge.
failure to appear, GUILTY twice, how each judge is handling each incident has yet to be determined.
CONTEMPT OF COURT is still in play for both, regardless of wether a bench warrent was issued !
each may get dismissed, but each may bring a jail sentence as well.
again up to each judge.
not me, not mo, not some lame reporer who does not knopw that a bench warrent is in fact an arrest warrent, the Judge has sole discretion of deciding if Von was in contempt when he failed to appear in court.
He is already guilty, now he has to explain his failure to appear to avoid contempt.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:25 PM
A person is only guilty of an offense after they enter a plea of guilty or are found guilty by a judge or jury. Please.Just.Stop... And it is spelled "warrant"law dog, his failure to appear is an act of guilt in a judges courtroom, you know that.
are you disputing that failure to appear is a form of contempt, no youe are not because you know I am right!
the reason a judge has the power to issue a bench warrent is because he is already deemed GUILTY of having failed to appear.
of course he can defend his absence, but it remains up to the judge to dismiss or expunge
tell the whole truth lawdog.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:29 PM
.QUOTE=LawDog;2022800]A person is only guilty of an offense after they enter a plea of guilty or are found guilty by a judge or jury. .. And it is spelled "warrant"[/QUOTE]

I am guilty of bad spelling.[

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 03:30 PM
The league isnt taking any further action against Miller. These latest traffic violations don't apply to the personal player conduct policy.

If his drivers license gets revoked then that is on him. He wasn't drunk or intoxicated. That is the difference.

Miller will serve 6 games.

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Von Miller doesn’t face league scrutiny for traffic violations

At some point in the past day or so, someone suggested or reported that Broncos linebacker Von Miller risks further punishment from the league for his recent traffic-related infractions, from citations to bench warrants arising from a failure to show up for traffic court.

Traffic violations, however, are generally not covered by the personal-conduct policy. While the league, we’re told, will monitor such situations, the NFL usually will take no action and have no comment

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/12/von-miller-doesnt-face-league-scrutiny-for-traffic-violations/

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:35 PM
LAW dog, what happens if you light up a cigar in a courtroom?

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:37 PM

At some point in the past day or so, someone suggested or reported that Broncos linebacker Von Miller risks further punishment from the league for his recent traffic-related infractions, from citations to bench warrants arising from a failure to show up for traffic court.

Traffic violations, however, are generally not covered by the personal-conduct policy. While the league, we’re told, will monitor such situations, the NFL usually will take no action and have no comment

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/12/von-miller-doesnt-face-league-scrutiny-for-traffic-violations/and again ask your lawdog, failure to appear is NOT a traffic violation.
and that failure can be deemed an act of CONTEMPT, again lawdog can not dispute this either !

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 03:39 PM
and again ask your lawdog, failure to appear is NOT a traffic violation.
and that failure can be deemed an act of CONTEMPT, again lawdog can not dispute this either !

The league alreadys knows about all of this. They arent going to discipline Miller any further.

Not sure what your point is.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:42 PM

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/12/von-miller-doesnt-face-league-scrutiny-for-traffic-violations/
I read this article and respectfully, the author is an idiot !
VON must follow BEHAVIORAL guidlines as a part of his drug program.
multiple traffic violations can weell be interpreted as a violation of his mandarted drug program. He is not allowed to act like a mo=fo fool as long as its drug free anarchy.
and again the failure to appear/ contempt violations are NOT traffic violations ask the law dog !

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 03:43 PM
The league alreadys knows about all of this. They arent going to discipline Miller any further.

He doesn't have a point. Zam likes creating drama. Like he did before he was given a vacation last time. Now, for unknown reasons, he has picked up that shovel again.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:44 PM

my point is if he is found guilty of contempt they will indeed add to his suspension, and just the sheer haBITUAL HISTORY OF HIS IRESPONSABLE BEHAVIOR ALLOWS THEM to addrfess his behavior unde the drug program guidlines.

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 03:46 PM
He doesn't have a point. Zam likes creating drama. Like he did before he was given a vacation last time. Now, for unknown reason and has picked up that shovel again.

lol

Maybe this 10 day lay off from Broncos football is driving us all nuts!

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 03:47 PM
my point is if he is found guilty of contempt they will indeed add to his suspension, and just the sheer haBITUAL HISTORY OF HIS IRESPONSABLE BEHAVIOR ALLOWS THEM to addrfess his behavior unde the drug program guidlines.

Chef, did you even read the article I just posted? Just curious.

Or are you drunk like Hawgdriver was yesterday??

sneakers
09-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Sweet.

Dude.

LawDog
09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
LAW dog, what happens if you light up a cigar in a courtroom?

That depends, am I in Tennessee, Virginia, or one of the other tobacco states? Otherwise: "Objection, relevance." "Sustained."

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 04:20 PM
That depends, am I in Tennessee, Virginia, or one of the other tobacco states? Otherwise: "Objection, relevance." "Sustained."bravo, lets say colorado or california or one of the other 45 states where smoking is prohibited in a courtroom, or a firearm, just to ramp up the drama.
and stop being so evasive!
you Know that smoker is emmediatly found GUILTY of an offense, a statute as well as contempt.
I know its painful for you to admit I am right
, but it is also frivilousand misleading for you to catagorize what I have posted as being completely incorrect.
You allow guys to read posts like "he already paid the ticket' and come away thinking,
von is free and clear and you damn well know that is not the truth.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Chef, did you even read the article I just posted? Just curious.

Or are you drunk like Hawgdriver was yesterday??yes I read the article, the author FAILED to acknowledge that Vons drug program comes with BEHAVIORAL GUIDLINES that extend beyond simple drug use and testing.
It might as well have been written by the bronco / von PR department.

Simple Jaded
09-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I read this article and respectfully, the author is an idiot !
VON must follow BEHAVIORAL guidlines as a part of his drug program.
multiple traffic violations can weell be interpreted as a violation of his mandarted drug program. He is not allowed to act like a mo=fo fool as long as its drug free anarchy.
and again the failure to appear/ contempt violations are NOT traffic violations ask the law dog !

Um, the author is a lawyer.

Slick
09-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I think you're overreacting just a little bit Zam.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
bravo, lets say colorado or california or one of the other 45 states where smoking is prohibited in a courtroom, or a firearm, just to ramp up the drama.
you Know that smoker is emmediatly found GUILTY of an offense, a statute as well as contempt.
, but it is also frivilousand misleading for you to catagorize what I have posted as being completely incorrect.
You allow guys to read posts like "he already paid the ticket' and come away thinking,

He's a criminal prosecutor and you're think you know more about the law than he does? You're a fool.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
He's a criminal prosecutor and you're think you know more about the law than he does? You're a fool.he is smart enough not to dispute what he knows is true. he can chastize me all he wants, denegrate my opinion all he wants, but he knows each one of those posts hold water.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
he is smart enough not to dispute what he knows is true. he can chastize me all he wants, denegrate my opinion all he wants, but he knows each one of those posts hold water.

Lol...false.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
There is no bench warrant in California. Period.

Susan Schroeder, Orange County District Attorney Spokesperson, confirms Miller never showed up for that ticket and a warrant was issued for his arrest. That warrant is currently active out of Orange County, California.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Susan Schroeder, Orange County District Attorney Spokesperson, confirms Miller never showed up for that ticket and a warrant was issued for his arrest. That warrant is currently active out of Orange County, California.

Your reading comprehension sucks. It really, really does. That report has been disputed and that same woman has admitted making a mistake. There was no bench warrant issued.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Um, the author is a lawyer.can he operate a fax machine?

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 05:07 PM
he is smart enough not to dispute what he knows is true. he can chastize me all he wants, denegrate my opinion all he wants, but he knows each one of those posts hold water.

:lol: No.

LawDog
09-12-2013, 05:29 PM
bravo, lets say colorado or california or one of the other 45 states where smoking is prohibited in a courtroom, or a firearm, just to ramp up the drama.

I hope your ribs are better than your understanding of the law...

Let's not ramp up to bringing a gun because that's a completely different animal. However, should one choose to fire up a stogie in a courtroom, the deputy or bailiff would immediately tell you to put it out and would almost certainly remove you from the courtroom. Smoking in a public building is an infraction, a violation of a municipal code not the general criminal laws or penal code. If the deputy was having a bad day, he or she might choose to issue you a citation for the infraction and you would be given a date to appear. You could just admit guilt and pay the fine, or you could make the appearance and challenge the charge. You would most certainly lose, and at that point you would be found guilty. That's the way the law works, innocent until proven guilty. You said would be immediately found guilty of an offense, a statute as well as contempt. That's nonsensical since an offense is defined in a statute, they are not two separate things that one can be guilty of. As for the contempt, that only comes into play when you fail to follow an order of the court. So, in your cigar example, should the court tell you to extinguish the swisher sweet (or whatever you lit up) and you refuse to do so, then you are in contempt of court. There is civil contempt, where you can be fined or even detained until the basis for the contempt is corrected, or criminal contempt where you are actually charged with a misdemeanor. Since you can not be "guilty" of civil contempt, let's focus on the criminal contempt; once again the rules apply and you will be charged with the offense and given an opportunity to challenge it but you are not "immediately guilty."

Unless you've got upwards of six figures to spend on law school tuition, I suggest you stick to ribs and chili. If you stated anything that was correct, I would gladly agree that you are right and it would not be painful in the least.

LawDog
09-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Oh, I get it now. You learned law by watching My Cousin Vinny.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:40 PM
do you dispute that the judge could emmediatly find me in contempt for lighting up the cigar?
do you dispute that?

(the court tell you to extinguish the swisher sweet (or whatever you lit up) and you refuse to do so, then you are in contempt of court.)

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 05:40 PM
*sigh* I guess we will keep going then.

Von Miller’s agent says traffic case was closed last year

The report that an arrest warrant was issued for Broncos linebacker Von Miller over failing to appear in court for a traffic ticket has been refuted by Miller’s agent.

A Dallas TV station reported on Wednesday that Miller had neither appeared in court nor paid his fine for a speeding ticket last year and was facing an arrest warrant. Agent Joby Branion tells PFT that Miller paid the speeding ticket more than a year ago and there was never any arrest warrant issued for Miller in connection with the incident.

“On March 22nd 2012, in Orange County California, Von Miller was issued a ticket for speeding (less than 15 mph over the 65 mph limit). This was a traffic infraction and not a criminal matter,” Branion wrote in an email. “On July 9th, 2012, the speeding ticket and all associated fees were paid in full. On July 12th, 2012, this case was closed. No warrant was ever issued for Von’s arrest. The assertions presented last evening that this is an open matter and that a warrant is – or ever was – pending are absolutely false.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/12/von-millers-agent-says-traffic-case-was-closed-last-year/

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 05:43 PM
*sigh* I guess we will keep going then.

Von Miller’s agent says traffic case was closed last year

The report that an arrest warrant was issued for Broncos linebacker Von Miller over failing to appear in court for a traffic ticket has been refuted by Miller’s agent.

A Dallas TV station reported on Wednesday that Miller had neither appeared in court nor paid his fine for a speeding ticket last year and was facing an arrest warrant. Agent Joby Branion tells PFT that Miller paid the speeding ticket more than a year ago and there was never any arrest warrant issued for Miller in connection with the incident.

“On March 22nd 2012, in Orange County California, Von Miller was issued a ticket for speeding (less than 15 mph over the 65 mph limit). This was a traffic infraction and not a criminal matter,” Branion wrote in an email. “On July 9th, 2012, the speeding ticket and all associated fees were paid in full. On July 12th, 2012, this case was closed. No warrant was ever issued for Von’s arrest. The assertions presented last evening that this is an open matter and that a warrant is – or ever was – pending are absolutely false.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/12/von-millers-agent-says-traffic-case-was-closed-last-year/

Zam is in full blown troll mode.

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Zam is in full blown troll mode.

I have no clue why either.

Millers lawyer just stated this ticket was already paid in full. The league also isnt going to do anything about this incident.

What more is there to talk about? It was a traffic violation.

Had Miller been drunk then that would have been a complete differant story. The fine was paid.

Miller is serving 6 games because of a diluted sample. These traffic violations will not add to his current suspension Zam, sorry if you don't buy that either but it is what it is. You're just mad because Miller has the coolest sack dances in the NFL.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Oh, I get it now. You learned law by watching My Cousin Vinny.using and once again evasive, why are you not disputing the posts I made in the other thread?
waing for cousin vinnie to consult?

How odd that when I was in traffic court in BOULDER, as they called the name of each defendant, if the defendant was not present, the JUDGE called his name once, and if there was no one there to respond, the judge tapped his gavel once, declared, "failure to appear, contempt of court, bench warrant"
as he spoke to the recorder (court reporter)
Now I dont remember if the judges name was vinnie, but I do know he was not my cousin.
Yes you are the only one of us with a law degree and i respect that, genuine, but that does not preclude that what I have posted is essentially correct and i am not going to allow me to be intimidated by your title when I know I am right.
failure to appear is a form of contempt.
and that determination is at the judges discretion.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 05:52 PM
using and once again evasive, why are you not disputing the posts I made in the other thread?
waing for cousin vinnie to consult?

How odd that when I was in traffic court in BOULDER, as they called the name of each defendant, if the defendant was not present, the JUDGE called his name once, and if there was no one there to respond, the judge tapped his gavel once, declared, "failure to appear, contempt of court, bench warrant"
as he spoke to the recorder (court reporter)
Now I dont remember if the judges name was vinnie, but I do know he was not my cousin.
Yes you are the only one of us with a law degree and i respect that, genuine, but that does not preclude that what I have posted is essentially correct and i am not going to allow me to be intimidated by your title when I know I am right.
failure to appear is a form of contempt.
and that determination is at the judges discretion.

You can't even get the movie reference right, you're so wrong today.

Vinnie was the defense lawyer, lol.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:54 PM
I have no clue why either.

Millers lawyer just stated this ticket was already paid in full. The league also isnt going to do anything about this incident.

What more is there to talk about? It was a traffic violation.

Had Miller been drunk then that would have been a complete differant story. The fine was paid.

Miller is serving 6 games because of a diluted sample. These traffic violations will not add to his current suspension Zam, sorry if you don't buy that either but it is what it is. You're just mad because Miller has the coolest sack dances in the NFL.wdog, you wanna take this?
can you explain that paying the ticket does not automaticly dismiss the failure to appear. or do you want to allow thois fellow bronco poster to be misled by the lawyers statement.

SR
09-12-2013, 06:08 PM
sorry, wrong.
as I have tried to you you all from the start, failure to appear is a form of contempt.

How can I be wrong if I asked two questions?

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 06:11 PM
wdog, you wanna take this?
can you explain that paying the ticket does not automaticly dismiss the failure to appear. or do you want to allow thois fellow bronco poster to be misled by the lawyers statement.

He didn't have a failure to appear in California.

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 06:12 PM
wdog, you wanna take this?

Cited March 22 last year for speeding in Orange County, Calif., Miller failed to appear or pay the ticket.

A warrant was issued for his arrest, according to the CBS affiliate in Dallas-Fort Worth.

“This is a $240 speeding ticket for driving 10 mph over the speed limit," attorney Mark Schamel told CBS-11. "I’m hoping to have this cleared up in the next 24 hours

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His lawyer just cleared this up about 2 hours ago. The fine was paid Zam. No need to appear when you either have to pay OR appear. He had an option to just go ahead and pay the fine, which he chose to do.

Have you ever been given a speeding ticket? You can show up to court if you want and maybe get the fine reduced or request traffic school OR just pay the damn fine. I got a speeding ticket earlier this year, I decided to show up to request traffic school, which I completed.

SR
09-12-2013, 06:12 PM

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Your reading comprehension sucks. It really, really does. That report has been disputed and that same woman has admitted making a mistake. There was no bench warrant issued.HOW CAN I comprehend what i did not read, perhaps you can post her latest statement?

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 06:15 PM
HOW CAN I comprehend what i did not read, perhaps you can post her latest statement?

It was in the same ******* story you quoted. Jimminy ******* Christmas.

DenBronx
09-12-2013, 06:17 PM
HOW CAN I comprehend what i did not read, perhaps you can post her latest statement?

Just stop already.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 06:18 PM

“This is a $240 speeding ticket for driving 10 mph over the speed limit," attorney Mark Schamel told CBS-11. "I’m hoping to have this cleared up in the next 24 hours

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His lawyer just cleared this up about 2 hours ago. The fine was paid Zam. No need to appear when you either have to pay OR appear. He had an option to just go ahead and pay the fine, which he chose to do.

Have you ever been given a speeding ticket? You can show up to court if you want and maybe get the fine reduced or request traffic school OR just pay the damn fine. I got a speeding ticket earlier this year, I decided to show up to request traffic school, which I completed.lawdog, do you want to allow them to continue down the path that thinking just because the fine was paid the failure to appear was also dismissed?

Dreadnought
09-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Lawdog has provided his answer already. He is under no obligation to belabor this any longer. All members are free to believe or not believe him. Any further baiting, antagonizing, spamming, or badgering of Lawdog or any other member will addressed further.

In other words, leave it alone.

Hawgdriver
09-12-2013, 06:24 PM
A wise man told me don't argue with fools
Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who

That wise man was Jay-Z.