PDA

View Full Version : I guess the Broncos are pretty satisfied with Manny's play.

BroncoWave
09-11-2013, 07:43 PM
This just came across Twitter from Lindsay Jones:

"RT @DenverBroncos: The #Broncos have signed C Manny Ramirez to a 2-yr contract extension through 2015"

Pretty interesting move. I guess they like what they see from him.

Dapper Dan
09-12-2013, 07:00 AM
omg but y he sux :rolleyes:

Simple Jaded
09-12-2013, 09:15 AM
For how much?

Dzone
09-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Pro Bowl

slim
09-12-2013, 10:31 AM
He did play well against a pretty good defensive front.

Hope he can keep it up.

Ziggy
09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
He did play well against a pretty good defensive front.

Hope he can keep it up.

He did Slim. In watching the game again last night I noticed that the Broncos used more of the ZBS than they did last season. I wonder if they are eventually going to move to it almost exclusively. Vasquez is an ace pass blocker, but isn't a great run blocker. The ZBS may help him, Beadles, and Ramirez quite a bit. I'm sure there's a reason that Joe Gibbs was brought in. Magz also used the ZBS in Carolina. Clady has already proven in his career that he can be elite in any scheme. If Franklin can zone block, that's a lot of beef coming at you with momentum.

slim
09-12-2013, 10:56 AM
He did Slim. In watching the game again last night I noticed that the Broncos used more of the ZBS than they did last season. I wonder if they are eventually going to move to it almost exclusively. Vasquez is an ace pass blocker, but isn't a great run blocker. The ZBS may help him, Beadles, and Ramirez quite a bit. I'm sure there's a reason that Joe Gibbs was brought in. Magz also used the ZBS in Carolina. Clady has already proven in his career that he can be elite in any scheme. If Franklin can zone block, that's a lot of beef coming at you with momentum.

That is a good point. He got pushed around quite a bit last year at guard, but maybe the change in scheme and position will pay off.

Also, having Alex around can't help but make the line better. That was a great move by the FO.

NightTrainLayne
09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Tuesday when Coach Fox was on Sirius/XM with Pat Kirwin, Pat asked him specifically about Manny.

Coach Fox replied that he thinks Manny is just showing what they saw in him throughout the pre-season. He's the guy. According to Fox, the coach's didn't have many doubts about him starting.

G_Money
09-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Manny won't be the first guy I yell at who's gonna be around a while. As long as it's cheap enough to let him be a backup again if we get a better center, that's fine. And now that he's not playing for his next contract as he learns the position at an NFL level on the field, hopefully he can relax into the role. The line has plenty of chemistry left to find anyway, which is a good thing.

Not being a finished unit and still being a good unit gives me lots of hope for a dominating line presence at some point, and Man-Ram should work well with Vazquez anyway (and already did in week one) since they played college ball together.

If somebody can just improve Manny's technique so he can harness all that crazy strength of his that'll be all I'm asking for. That and good C/QB exchanges. Being the worst lineman of the starting 5 is okay if he's still good. I agree with you Ziggy, doing more ZBS will let Beadles show off the things he's good at to better effect, but I dunno that it will help Manny as much. His feet aren't great. Still (Alex) Gibbs is the greatest teacher of zone-blocking alive, so everybody should get better at it.

Let em convert short-yardage runs for first downs to maintain drives on a consistent basis and I'll be happy.

~G

Simple Jaded
09-12-2013, 02:48 PM
The ZBS isn't exactly the best solution for short-yardage and goal line woes, imo, especially with players like Beadles.

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Good on you Manny! Walton is off the IR in a month and you will have renewed competition for the Center position.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2013, 11:18 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A day after signing a two-year contract extension with the Broncos, Manny Ramirez proclaimed that his new deal was “truly a blessing.”

Given the long and winding road Ramirez has walked throughout his NFL career toward becoming the Broncos’ starting center, it’s tough to question the sincerity of his statement.

“It’s been a blessing ever since I’ve come to this organization. I think the path that I’ve taken has been a tough one and I’m just happy to be here,” Ramirez told the media on Thursday. “I’m very happy that the organization wants me to be a part of it, as well.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Ramirezs-Contract-Extension-A-Blessing/07e6634f-48ec-4612-a272-44c977798c6a