PDA

View Full Version : Broncos safety Duke Ihenacho not satisfied with first NFL start

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Operation Keep Duke Ihenacho Humble was implemented in full starting this week.

Broncos coach John Fox, asked Monday about his assessment of his talented young safety's big-time season debut, said: "I saw that we made a lot of mistakes — not just him particularly — but as a football team. We spent a big part of the day after the game reviewing that and going over it. There are a lot of question marks, and there are a lot of corrections. We're one game into it. ... Whether it's Duke or anybody else, my dream is that they all work to get better."

So, besides fading into generalities, is Fox saying Ihenacho didn't grade out as well as his 12 tackles (11 unassisted) and three passes defensed indicate he did against the Baltimore Ravens?

rest, plus video - Duke talking
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24065860/broncos-safety-duke-ihenacho-not-satisfied-first-nfl

Ziggy
09-11-2013, 01:03 PM
I can't wait to see this kid when it all clicks. He reminds me of Polamalu when he closes on the ball. Adding him and Trevathan to the defense every down has really increased our chances for creating turnovers on the defensive side of the ball.

Joel
09-11-2013, 04:32 PM
In a sense, that game was a coaches dream, at least in the second half: We won in a blowout, but there were plenty of bonheaded things to yell at lots of players about over the next week. I'm glad he's not satisfied; satisfaction leads to complacency, and complacency leads to a 10-6 team winning a SB because they edged you in your own house a month after you blew them out in theirs.