PDA

View Full Version : Can the Broncos depend on Von Miller anymore?

broncofaninfla
09-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Von has established a pretty disturbing pattern of behavior as a pro. Can the Broncos depend of him to be a viable member of this team or will this pattern continue and evenatully result in another suspension?

I'm not suggesting Denver cuts it's losses with him just yet nor saying his mistakes should be overlooked. Just seeing the fans take on Von after yet another story of him breaking more laws.

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
On the field, absolutely. Maybe a different story off of it. The good news is that his transgressions pale in comparison to some others Denver has dealt with in the last six seasons.

broncofaninfla
09-11-2013, 09:05 AM
On the field, absolutely. Maybe a different story off of it. The good news is that his transgressions pale in comparison to some others Denver has dealt with in the last six seasons.

No doubting what kind of player he is but given his pattern for being a dumbass in real life, will he even be available to play on the field? Keep in mind this Einstien is one puff of weed away from being suspended for a year.

I started the poll but i'm on the bubble on this one. Not sure what to think about Von anymore. He's good at telling people what they want to hear but it's obvious you can't believe anything he says. I hope the kid gets serious about life and reaches the potential in life that god has given him but right now I'm not sure he's smart enough.

TXBRONC
09-11-2013, 09:11 AM

Agreed but man it's disheartening that he keeps making these mistakes.

jhns
09-11-2013, 09:15 AM
I said yes, though that may just be wishful thinking. I don't think the league suspends for traffic violations unless it's DUI. As for the smoking weed, I'm just not sure. It almost seems like we got Ricky Williams in a city that just legalized weed. Hopefully he has learned his lesson though. One more failed test and he is gone for a season. I'm not sure we keep him around if that happens.

I really don't have a problem with who he is or any of the stuff he has done. The only thing that even makes me care about any of it is that the NFL cares.

SR
09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
The more this shit keeps happening, the more his off-field antics cast a big shadow over his on-field abilities. He's a GREAT linebacker and a GREAT pass rusher, but at what point to you cut the umbilical? I'm confident the front office will try to do everything in their power to straighten him out, but at some point you just have to throw in the towel.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I said in another thread that this is not a decision we have to make any time soon. This is only his 3rd year. I'm pretty sure we can keep him for 3 more years with club options and tags. We can just observe for a couple of years and see if he pulls his head out.

broncofaninfla
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Since it's on the subject ESPN is now reporting that Von can face an extension on his current suspension because of his latest issues.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9661335/roger-goodell-add-von-miller-denver-broncos-ban-citation

broncofaninfla
09-11-2013, 10:28 AM
The way I see it, the Broncos brass would be best served to go ahead and plan on Von not being here for at least half of the season now and the way things are going with his decision making nobody would be surprsied if he failed another drug test. You can't rely or depend on a player that might not be allowed to play.

Von can tell the public everything they want to hear but his actions show he thinks he's above it all and isn't close to growing up or changing. I'm seriously beginning to think that Denver will be in pursuit of a championship this season without Von Miller.

Bugs Baloney
09-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I chose "Yes" ... but only after Peyton slaps him around for a while. (and "While" translates to the next six weeks)

Krugan
09-11-2013, 10:47 AM
How much is to much?

This 6 games was to much, when you are obviously trying to push an elephant through a doggy door(small window and superbowl or bust mentality) its already to much.

This kid has very little understanding, or maybe its concern, for what he has the possibilty of being. His talent shows he could be one of the greatest of all time.

I love what he offers to this team, but I dont want my 11 year old looking up to someone who just cant pull his head out of his ass to save his rectum.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
I think fans get a little too upset about stuff like this, and I'm pretty sure the team knows that we could have the best pass rushing LB in the NFL for YEARS to come. He's not going anywhere.

Buff
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
I'd love to see someone like Peyton rip him in the press, instead of showering him with love and support. Guy needs some tough love.

Krugan
09-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Im upset yes, not at the fact he got pulled over for acting like a kid(he is) but that he hasnt seemed to learn a damn thing from being suspended or facing a suspension.

Now im not so invested in this team that im going to lose sleep over it, I would just prefer that our team wasnt seemingly weekly making a headline, not involving kicking some serious ass on the field.

Von right now is the poster child for not letting young kids look for NFL idols.

The poll here ask if they can depend on him, im not sure how anyone, at this time right now, could argue he is dependable.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2013, 11:02 AM
I'd love to see someone like Peyton rip him in the press, instead of showering him with love and support. Guy needs some tough love.

Tough love from friends and family comes behind closed doors. Not out in the street where everyone can see and jump on, piling on the criticism that Von is already getting.

slim
09-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Since it's on the subject ESPN is now reporting that Von can face an extension on his current suspension because of his latest issues.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9661335/roger-goodell-add-von-miller-denver-broncos-ban-citation

People here don't get this. These small transgressions add up and the NFL keeps track of every one of them.

At this point I would be a little surprised if his current suspension is not extended.

SR
09-11-2013, 11:37 AM
People here don't get this. These small transgressions add up and the NFL keeps track of every one of them.

At this point I would be a little surprised if his current suspension is not extended.

IMO, I think it should be. I don't like the image this team is starting to get because of these transgressions.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Tough love from friends and family comes behind closed doors. Not out in the street where everyone can see and jump on, piling on the criticism that Von is already getting.

The criticism Von is getting is only coming from his own idiotic action.

I hope Goodell extends his suspension to another 2 games.

Guy is just a f------ idiot.

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
IMO, I think it should be. I don't like the image this team is starting to get because of these transgressions.

i get your point, but how does extending the suspension help the team's image?

TimHippo
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Von continues to let his teammates and fans down. He's basically lost all respect from his teammates in his leadership role and more importantly from Peyton Manning.

Manning doesn't put up with this crap. Never has. Peyton thinks guys like Von Miller are pathetic.

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Von continues to let his teammates and fans down. He's basically lost all respect from his teammates in his leadership role and more importantly from Peyton Manning.

Manning doesn't put up with this crap. Never has. Peyton thinks guys like Von Miller are pathetic.

sources?

chazoe60
09-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Can we count on Von Miller? Not for the next five games we can't. :(

Joel
09-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Agreed but man it's disheartening that he keeps making these mistakes.
No. Anyone can make a mistake, and we all do, but "a mistake becomes an error when we refuse to correct it." Or, another way, once might be a lapse of judgement; four times in a year is ABSENCE of judgement.

I'm not saying we should cut one of our top players tomorrow or even next year, but the new NFL reality is the League doesn't just slap Pro Bowlers on the wrist with fines totalling less than they spend on a weekend in Vegas: It hands out suspensions, because it knows that costs players more money, and that teams who ignore misdeeds resulting in player fines can't ignore "dead roster space" spent on a player who's among the best in the game but can't behave himself long enough to STAY in the game. How much is Miller worth in street clothes? If he ca/won't figure out the answer soon, the Broncos may tell him.

SR
09-11-2013, 04:29 PM
i get your point, but how does extending the suspension help the team's image?

I think if the NFL doesn't suspend Von any further, the team should add a game on to it to convey a message to Von that they're not going to put up with his bullshit. It kinda sounds stupid, but from a selfish point of view from someone who is tired of seeing Von's name in the news for bad stuff I think it's almost necessary.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 04:37 PM
I think if the NFL doesn't suspend Von any further, the team should add a game on to it to convey a message to Von that they're not going to put up with his bullshit. It kinda sounds stupid, but from a selfish point of view from someone who is tired of seeing Von's name in the news for bad stuff I think it's almost necessary.

I wouldn't mind that at all, I'm just not convinced that all these little mistakes are enough of a wake up call.

SR
09-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't mind that at all, I'm just not convinced that all these little mistakes are enough of a wake up call.

Well, it's one thing for the NFL to suspend you and it's another thing entirely for the team to suspend you when the NFL didn't...I think that sends a more pronounced message to the player. IMO, it's time for the team to bring down the hammer and let Von know that it's their way or the highway and that his shit won't be tolerated any longer.

Northman
09-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Still too early to tell. I would say though that if there are any more problems from here until the next offseason that he probably wont be relied upon which would suck. Uber ******* talented player.