PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller with DUS charge

MOtorboat
09-10-2013, 11:33 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/von-miller-in-more-legal-trouble/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DENVER (CBS4) - There is more legal trouble for Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller.

CBS4 has learned that Miller was cited for driving with a suspended or revoked license. He was pulled over for speeding in Arapahoe County last week.

Miller was released to the custody of his father who was with him when he was stopped.

Dapper Dan
09-10-2013, 11:37 PM
:tsk:

Cmon, man.

Canmore
09-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm really seeing a pattern here. It isn't one I want to see. :tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

McDman
09-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Sigh.

MOtorboat
09-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Getting pretty hard to use the "it's just a traffic ticket" defense. DUS is a Class 1 misdemeanor first time around here. Not sure about Colorado.

The more disturbing part is that he was with his father and his father allowed him to drive. Good parenting.

GEM
09-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Jesus, would someone please get that man an intervention.

Dapper Dan
09-10-2013, 11:43 PM
I don't think he's a trouble maker or has bad character. I think he may just be an idiot. He's not doing things that would hurt others. He hasn't done anything major. He's done a lot of small, stupid things that are adding up.

People do this everyday. Drive without a license. Drive without insurance. Little stuff like that. My parents never let me drive a vehicle without either. I'm thinking his parents may not have taught him well.

MOtorboat
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I don't think he's a trouble maker or has bad character. I think he may just be an idiot. He's not doing things that would hurt others. He hasn't done anything major. He's done a lot of small, stupid things that are adding up.

People do this everyday. Drive without a license. Drive without insurance. Little stuff like that. My parents never let me drive a vehicle without either. I'm thinking his parents may not have taught him well.

Well, if he fails another drug test he's banned for a year. If he's caught driving again he's committed a felony.

Not "little" anymore.

Army Bronco
09-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Let's cut him. He didn't even make a single sack last Thursday. And I bet he won't for another 5 games.

Dapper Dan
09-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Well, if he fails another drug test he's banned for a year. If he's caught driving again he's committed a felony.

Not "little" anymore.

That's why I said "adding up". By themselves, it's not major. Like the Suh fine. He didn't get fined 100k because of that single hit. I believe he got fined 100k because he did it again.

Dapper Dan
09-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Let's cut him. He didn't even make a single sack last Thursday. And I bet he won't for another 5 games.

Phillips can be better anyway.

MOtorboat
09-10-2013, 11:48 PM
That's why I said "adding up". By themselves, it's not major. Like the Suh fine. He didn't get fined 100k because of that single hit. I believe he got fined 100k because he did it again.

Fair enough.

Simple Jaded
09-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Jesus, would someone please get that man an intervention.

Can't fix stupid.

Canmore
09-10-2013, 11:53 PM

It is certainly looking like he is an idiot.

Even if his parents didn't teach him anything, it is in the drivers manual that you have to have insurance and proof in the vehicle and you have to show it before your driving test. He's been through this if he has a license which it sounds like he did, up until it got suspended and for what?

Von Miller acts like rules don't apply to Von. That's a slippery slope to navigate, in the NFL and in life.

Poet
09-10-2013, 11:56 PM
What in the blue hell?

Dapper Dan
09-10-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't know that it's a slippery slope. I don't think he assumes the rules don't apply. Most people just think they won't get caught. I don't think he'll be sucking dick for coke anytime soon.

Ziggy
09-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Getting pretty hard to use the "it's just a traffic ticket" defense. DUS is a Class 1 misdemeanor first time around here. Not sure about Colorado.

The more disturbing part is that he was with his father and his father allowed him to drive. Good parenting.

Before you throw his father under the bus, you might want to make sure that he knew about the suspended license.

ShaneFalco
09-11-2013, 12:06 AM

Agree , call me when he actually hurts someone.

jhildebrand
09-11-2013, 12:20 AM
He has his well documented issues, was known as immature at A&M, recently bought a gun, continues to get in legal trouble (granted it is minor), is a minor slip from a year suspension. I said this in another thread. The broncos would be wise to shut him down for the year and protect their investment. Pay him. Get his mind right and take care of him.

Dzone
09-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Man, how can anyone be so stupid?
Why couldnt he have his dad drive the car? Was his dad too stoned out of his mind to drive?
Am sure the cop was a Bronco fan because he could have gone to jail.

ShaneFalco
09-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Maybe im just a horrible human being, because to me, all of this nonsense sounds like nothing. Giving people shit for traffic tickets, being an immature college kid, sorry if i come off as a dick, buti really think people need to stop judging this kid over nothing. Let the kid live his life the way he wants.

DenBronx
09-11-2013, 12:30 AM
I have no words right now.

With his dad too and he was driving???

You can't even make this stuff up. He is a walking incident waiting to happen. Dude just needs to stay home and read a book.

Dzone
09-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Maybe im just a horrible human being, because to me, all of this nonsense sounds like nothing. Giving people shit for traffic tickets, being an immature college kid, sorry if i come off as a dick, buti really think people need to stop judging this kid over nothing. Let the kid live his life the way he wants.
You want to coddle his ass, coddle his ass!!! lol

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 12:34 AM
You want to coddle his ass, coddle his ass!!!

You can coddle my ass.

underrated29
09-11-2013, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't hate just yet until we know all the facts. I was at a time driving with a suspended license and had no idea I was....technically I wasn't but somewhere there was a mistake and a very very weird chain of events that led to it. I doubt that is what happened here but let me tell you, it is very possible to be driving with a suspended license and be completely unaware of it.

Dzone
09-11-2013, 12:53 AM
LOL...hey, there aint a damn thing wrong with bronco fans being irked about another Von incident..this is not being smart and he should have his ass kicked

ShaneFalco
09-11-2013, 12:54 AM
I will send Von this shirt. If he wears it, he is ok.

https://dceqiz5mzs7j4.cloudfront.net/app/public/system/note_images/193783/note_preview/a7f1c4668262182ba2540b6e7df75b3d.jpg

Dzone
09-11-2013, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't hate just yet until we know all the facts. I was at a time driving with a suspended license and had no idea I was....technically I wasn't but somewhere there was a mistake and a very very weird chain of events that led to it. I doubt that is what happened here but let me tell you, it is very possible to be driving with a suspended license and be completely unaware of it.
I know, I have done the same thing and got pulled over and found out then that my licence was suspended, but it was over a boneheaded oversight on my part and I shoulda got my ass beaten for it..:coffee:

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 01:02 AM
I know, I have done the same thing and got pulled over and found out then that my licence was suspended, but it was over a boneheaded oversight on my part and I shoulda got my ass beaten for it..:coffee:

It's not too late.

underrated29
09-11-2013, 01:05 AM

Mine wasnt even my fault.....but it's crazy how these things happen. Von just needs to give me money every time he messes up.

ShaneFalco
09-11-2013, 01:13 AM
forget that. NFL Should donate the money from fines to the Panda Reservation in my sig.

Genuis, brb writing my buddy Goodell.

Dzone
09-11-2013, 01:38 AM
this is the DenverPost headline that hit my email
Denver Bronco Von Miller in more trouble
My first thought was of Von and hoping he is feeling loved

dogfish
09-11-2013, 05:12 AM
what, seriously?

i guess the retarded azzhole picked derrick thomas' number for a reason. . .

don't care if he ever wears a denver jersey again, at this point. . .

Northman
09-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Bwhahahahahahaha, oh shit. It just gets better and better.

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 05:18 AM
:lol:

Northman
09-11-2013, 05:20 AM

Yea, DJ Williams was an idiot and that ultimately didnt work out for the Broncos. At some point you have to cut your losses and the way Von is going now he may not be a Bronco for too much longer if this kind of shit keeps up.

Northman
09-11-2013, 05:25 AM

Not me, i knew i was on a suspended license. Got pulled over, arrested and taken to Boulder where i had a traffic warrant issued. Mom bailed me out and was mighty pissed.

broncofaninfla
09-11-2013, 05:32 AM
There's a pattern with this kid. It's clear he thinks he's above rules and it's likely it won't stop anytime soon.

chazoe60
09-11-2013, 06:47 AM
The weird thing is that it's all such stupid little shit. Not paying a misdemeanor traffic ticket, weed, DUS, etc... I have litterally done every single one of those things myself. I wasn't in the spotlight and have millions of dollars on the line when I did them, but I did them.

On one hand I think "at least he's not beating up his GF and getting in fights" an on the other I think "QUIT BEING A ******* RETARD!!!!" But, like I said, I've done everything this guy has done.

Northman
09-11-2013, 07:09 AM
The weird thing is that it's all such stupid little shit. Not paying a misdemeanor traffic ticket, weed, DUS, etc... I have litterally done every single one of those things myself. I wasn't in the spotlight and have millions of dollars on the line when I did them, but I did them.

On one hand I think "at least he's not beating up his GF and getting in fights" an on the other I think "QUIT BEING A ******* RETARD!!!!" But, like I said, I've done everything this guy has done.

Same here, but as you pointed out you nor i are in the spotlight and are not getting paid millions to keep our shit straight.

MasterShake
09-11-2013, 08:19 AM
I'll be honest, the only reason I care about how dumb he is in his personal life is because of how good he is on the field. I think he could have had at least 3 sacks in the 4th quarter of the last game had he been out there with a one dimensional Flacco. Smoke some pot, drive without a license, whatever. Just don't hurt anyone and leave me alone. You start messing with my Broncos, there is gonna be trouble! :mad:

:lol:

atwater27
09-11-2013, 08:42 AM
I honestly think Elway, Fox and Bowlen should have a powwow and secretly discuss trading him. The writing is on the wall, folks. I am not saying we should trade him, I am saying start thinking about the possibility of it.

Dreadnought
09-11-2013, 08:48 AM
I honestly think Elway, Fox and Bowlen should have a powwow and secretly discuss trading him. The writing is on the wall, folks. I am not saying we should trade him, I am saying start thinking about the possibility of it.

Well, we can always answer the phone, right? I'm with you; it might be time to consider cutting our losses and getting some good stuff for him while we can - and before we have to pay the guy crazy stupid money in the very near future.

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 08:53 AM
You're not going to get market value for Miller.

RebelRocker
09-11-2013, 08:55 AM

Exactly what I thought too. When/if Von returns this season, I think we just let him play the year out and then in the off-season, we explore the idea of trading him. With the way things are going, there's no way the Broncos are going to give him a big money deal. He's one slip up, substance wise, away from being out a year. I think we need to get as much value for him now and be done with the headache.

Von grew up in TX and was a big Cowboys fan. Jones can handle a big money deal and Von goes back to his home state. In return, we get good draft compensation that we use to get more pass rushers in the draft and we use the money we could have spent on Von and give that to guys like Woodyard and Chris Harris instead

BroncoJoe
09-11-2013, 08:55 AM

Certainly not now...

They need to sit him down and have a serious conversation. Again, if they've already done it once.

Dreadnought
09-11-2013, 09:04 AM

What's Miller's market value if/when he screws up again?

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 09:05 AM
What's Miller's market value if/when he screws up again?

I say it's worth risking a year suspension over having to let another team have his talent.

RebelRocker
09-11-2013, 09:09 AM
I say it's worth risking a year suspension over having to let another team have his talent.

No it's not. You're throwing away his salary and you take a cap hit for a guy that does nothing for your team
We need to invest our productive, team oriented guys like Woodyard, Harris, etc

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
We can keep him for 3 more years without giving him a new contract. It's not like the front office has to make that decision now. They can just watch his behavior for the next couple of years and decide what they want to do with him.

blamkin86
09-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Dear Von: If my old self could go back in time, and talk to my young self, I'd tell that kid: Sometimes you don't realize you have something great until after you screw it up and it's gone forever.

Bugs Baloney
09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
WTH! With all the money he could ever need, the accolades of being one of... if not the
top defender in all of football, playing for the best damn football team in the world.

What more could you want...a couple hour buzz and night out cruisin...:tsk:

VonDoom
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Per Legwold:

If Roger Goodell has grown weary of Broncos linebacker Von Miller's repeated legal stumbles, the NFL commissioner has the authority to add to the Denver linebacker's current six-game suspension.

and:

Because Miller was arrested in August on a failure to appear warrant, his latest stumble could land him in more trouble with the league if Goodell is inclined to invoke the league's conduct policy.

Goodell has repeatedly said he would take a more stern approach with what he called "repeat offenders.'' The fact Miller was cited during a suspension has certainly been noticed by league and Broncos executives.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9661335/roger-goodell-add-von-miller-denver-broncos-ban-citation

Grrrrrrreeeeeatttt!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 10:26 AM
from a 2011 article:

Miller referred to not just NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, but also to some of his soon-to-be Broncos teammates as "Mister." He did the same for star NFL quarterbacks he will be expected to chase down ("Mr. Manning," "Mr. Brees"), explaining why he consented to have his name added to the players' lawsuit against the league.

"I like to show respect to those guys," he said of his pending Broncos teammates. "I haven't met those guys in person, so going by nicknames and stuff, I don't think that would be appropriate until we build a relationship and I can prove myself, gaining respect."

So where'd this come from? The same household and influences where the elder Von Miller was shocked to find out that his son was playing football.

"That was the way I was raised and the way we raised our children," said the father.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17966890

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 10:28 AM
from same article:

When Miller rebelled and said he would transfer, Sherman responded that if he really wanted to leave, the coach would sign his release.

Von loaded up his 1981 pickup truck and started back to DeSoto. His phone rang. His father put it simply: "Turn around."

"It wasn't the right thing to do," Von, the father, said. "That's not who we are."

Said the son: "I pulled over. I objected and gave him my opinion, and I told him what I wanted to do. He said, 'No, the right thing to do is to go back and fix what you've done. You can't run from things.'

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17966890

Von was raised very well.

LawDog
09-11-2013, 10:33 AM
News is making Rocky Mountain issue over a bump slightly larger than a kernel of corn. Please. What a stupid story. And all you jumping on him for how stupid he is are just hypocritical.

G_Money
09-11-2013, 10:44 AM
It's official: Von's a moron.

There are plenty of worse Broncos in history (Clarence Kay, anyone?) but being a moron in your personal life carries a penalty on the field. Get your mind right, young fella. It's time to stop being an irresponsible kid and act like a grown man who is being paid millions of dollars not to be a stupid-head.

~G

slim
09-11-2013, 11:14 AM

I am starting to feel that he isn't just an idiot, but that he just doesn't give a shit.

An idiot that doesn't give a shit....not a good combination.

GEM
09-11-2013, 11:36 AM

When you FTA or fail to pay traffic fines, they suspend your license. The 2 traffic things are related. When he failed to appear on the first ticket, they suspended his license.

slim
09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Per Legwold:

If Roger Goodell has grown weary of Broncos linebacker Von Miller's repeated legal stumbles, the NFL commissioner has the authority to add to the Denver linebacker's current six-game suspension.

and:

Because Miller was arrested in August on a failure to appear warrant, his latest stumble could land him in more trouble with the league if Goodell is inclined to invoke the league's conduct policy.

Goodell has repeatedly said he would take a more stern approach with what he called "repeat offenders.'' The fact Miller was cited during a suspension has certainly been noticed by league and Broncos executives.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9661335/roger-goodell-add-von-miller-denver-broncos-ban-citation

Grrrrrrreeeeeatttt!

News is making Rocky Mountain issue over a bump slightly larger than a kernel of corn. Please. What a stupid story. And all you jumping on him for how stupid he is are just hypocritical.

No, you are not making enough out of it.

blamkin86
09-11-2013, 11:44 AM
And all you jumping on him for how stupid he is are just hypocritical.

Only if we are dumb enough to act that way. You don't want us to assume anything bad about Von but you're happy to assume something about us.

How odd.

Buff
09-11-2013, 11:44 AM

I think this point of view lacks perspective. Of course nobody is going to be up in arms about one DUS violation in a vacuum - or missing a traffic court date. But when you start to combine everything together, it paints a picture of irresponsibility.

OrangeHoof
09-11-2013, 11:50 AM
With all the money he is paid, he ought to be able to HIRE somebody to do the driving for him. No way should he be getting behind the wheel.

jhildebrand
09-11-2013, 11:50 AM
it paints a picture of irresponsibility.

and at some point it could be cries for help! Look at Titus Young.

NightTrainLayne
09-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Before you throw his father under the bus, you might want to make sure that he knew about the suspended license.

LMAO! We knew about it. . .the whole state of Colorado knew about it, but Von's Daddy didn't? Maybe not, but good grief. If my son had been arrested and had it splattered all over that he had been driving without a license previously, I think I'd ask him about it at some point, and suggest we figure out how to get it reinstated.

Well, from reading the comments here, I guess not everyone knew his license was previously suspended, but it was in all the coverage from his previous incident. Here's just one quick link: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/reports-von-miller-faces-6-game-suspension-from-nfl-after-violating-substance-abuse-policy

The day before that initial appeal hearing, 7NEWS broke the story that Miller had been arrested Aug. 11 at the Centennial Gun Club on a failure to appear warrant.

Court records show Miller, 24, was arrested for not appearing at his court hearing on charges from last October when he was cited for careless driving, driving without a license and no proof of insurance.

A uniform summons and complaint document said the offense happened on the 12000 block of Easter Avenue in Foxfield, about four blocks from Miller's listed home address. The document did not elaborate on the nature of Miller's alleged careless driving.

Dude, get a driver's license and insurance already. I guarantee that he doesn't have insurance in his name if he doesn't have a valid driver's license. This is so stupid from a personal finance standpoint. If he accidently hits someone and hurts them, they are going to own his ass and whatever paycheck he has left after the Broncos take his pro-rated signing bonus out.

slim
09-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Hell hath no fury like an insurance agent in the presence of an uninsured driver.

TimHippo
09-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Miller's a basketcase. Peyton is going to chew him out and kick him off the team. We don't need distractions who can't be counted on and may be gone for the season at any second at the drop of a dime.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 12:23 PM
they just talked about this a few minutes ago on ch7

from article:

DENVER - Drivers in Colorado may have their license suspended or canceled and never be notified.

7NEWS heard from multiple viewers who paid their speeding tickets after 45 days went by. Another person was late registering his vehicle. In those cases, they found out years later that their license had been canceled, but only after they were pulled over and an officer ran their driver's license.

We found out not all counties will notify a driver once they've paid a late ticket, that their license has been suspended.

full article - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/drivers-unknowingly-have-their-licenses-canceled-due-to-unpaid-or-late-paid-speeding-tickets

Also, no where have I read/heard that Von did not have insurance

from original article posted, which does not mention anything about insurance

CBS4 has learned the star linebacker was stopped again by law enforcement last week and cited for driving while his license was suspended and speeding, adding to a multitude of legal woes.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/von-miller-in-more-legal-trouble/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

slim
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm going to guess he has had a sit down with Elway, Fox and probably Peyton already. He clearly didn't get the message.

At this point, I don't have any faith that he will get the message....ever.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 12:26 PM
In the middle of Von Miller's most recent traffic summons, the officer wrote in capital letters "MUST APPEAR IN COURT."

To further emphasize, that message was circled.

Perhaps, the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department was aware of the Broncos' star linebacker's past trouble with failing to appear.

On the morning of the Broncos' season-opening game against the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 5, Von Miller II was ticketed for going 38 mph in a 25 mph zone at 7100 Richfield St. in Arapahoe County.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24069555/broncos-von-miller-advised-during-latest-run-appear

NightTrainLayne
09-11-2013, 12:30 PM

from article:

full article - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/drivers-unknowingly-have-their-licenses-canceled-due-to-unpaid-or-late-paid-speeding-tickets

Carol,

See my link above. It's one of hundreds.

All of them say that in Von's orignal arrest in August that he was previously cited for DUS and no insurance.

He will not have insurance now, if he didn't then, unless he had gotten his driver's license reinstated in the meantime. . .he obviously hasn't. I am assuming that there's not some dumbass insurance company that insured someone with a suspended license. Maybe there is, but not in my experience.

Northman
09-11-2013, 12:31 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24069555/broncos-von-miller-advised-during-latest-run-appear

You think Von had his glasses on?

slim
09-11-2013, 12:32 PM

That is pretty funny. I hope he knows how to read well enough to understand it.

broncohead
09-11-2013, 12:37 PM
He got a bunch of money and thinks he can't be touched. Might take some time and money taken away for him to realize what he has. Do the dez Bryant thing and hire a babysitter

slim
09-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Might take some time and money taken away for him to realize what he has.

It appears it will take more than this.

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Just imagine 20-30 years ago. Zero of these thing would even be found out by the league and the fans. We would all thing Von is a great player. But in the age of mass information, we find out a lot and assume we know everything.

Nothing Von has done warrants any of the reaction. This is stupid. We prop these guys up just to find any excuse to tear them down.

I've done a lot worse than Von Miller, so I can't say anything bad about what he's done.

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 12:59 PM

If I had a son he could look like Von Miller.

slim
09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Just imagine 20-30 years ago. Zero of these thing would even be found out by the league and the fans. We would all thing Von is a great player. But in the age of mass information, we find out a lot and assume we know everything.

Nothing Von has done warrants any of the reaction. This is stupid. We prop these guys up just to find any excuse to tear them down.

I've done a lot worse than Von Miller, so I can't say anything bad about what he's done.

So you are OK with his actions costing the team games? That doesn't bother you?

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:04 PM

4 months. Over/under on his next interaction with the police that warrants in at least a citation.

LTC Pain
09-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Nah, the only "tearing down" is what Von is doing to himself and his TEAMMATES.

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
We have a higher standard for athletes than we do the people that run the country.

GEM
09-11-2013, 01:14 PM

from article:

Wrong....You don't get the notice from the city you got the ticket, you get it from State of Colorado Department of Revenue. I had a fine that I didn't pay, got the notice and went down, paid $95 reinstatement fee and took the test. I was notified with about 5 different letters.

slim
09-11-2013, 01:15 PM
We have a higher standard for athletes than we do the people that run the country.

Who is "we"

GEM
09-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Carol,

All of them say that in Von's orignal arrest in August that he was previously cited for DUS and no insurance.

He will not have insurance now, if he didn't then, unless he had gotten his driver's license reinstated in the meantime. . .he obviously hasn't. I am assuming that there's not some dumbass insurance company that insured someone with a suspended license. Maybe there is, but not in my experience.

There is. My insurance renewed when mine was suspended. When I got the quote the driving record was there, suspended license, and a higher insurance rate because of it. Dumb shit, really. :lol:

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 01:18 PM
So you are OK with his actions costing the team games? That doesn't bother you?

Yes. It bothers me. I'm sure it bothers him. His teammates. I'm not saying he's done no wrong. I'm saying the overreaction is insane. A few months ago Von was this perfect role model. He's the same guy he was a few months ago. He didn't have brain surgery. He had zero character concerns, now that he's had several minor issues, we "know" his real character.

Dapper Dan
09-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Who is "we"

Americans.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:29 PM

I don't think anyone cares personally about his driving plights and mishandling of piss tests. The concern is, these behaviors are costing the Broncos games without him. Goodall might even extend his suspension because of this latest "mishap".

That's what concerns people. Miller isn't a bad guy and I don't think anyone is saying that, But the dude also isn't on the field.

Dzone
09-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Come on guys. Nobody feels worse about this than Von.

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't think anyone cares personally about his driving plights and mishandling of piss tests. The concern is, these behaviors are costing the Broncos games without him. Goodall might even extend his suspension because of this latest "mishap".

That's what concerns people. Miller isn't a bad guy and I don't think anyone is saying that, But the dude also isn't on the field.

uh, miller hasn't cost the broncos any games yet. whip out that complaint when the team loses.

slim
09-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Americans.

Well, you are painting with a pretty broad brush there.

People are passionate about the team and get upset when stupid shit like this gets in the way of the team's success. You call it "overreaction", but no one is lining up at dove valley with pitchforks. People are just voicing a little frustration with the situation. Not really a big deal.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Come on guys. Nobody feels worse about this than Von.

Feeling worse about it and continuing to have "mishaps" isn't going to ease the minds of fans.

slim
09-11-2013, 01:36 PM
uh, miller hasn't cost the broncos any games yet. whip out that complaint when the team loses.

Yeah, because losing your best player can't possibly hurt the team. Good call.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:37 PM

Uh, Miller's current 6 game suspension "is costing Denver games without him". If he can't be on the field, let's put that money towards someone who can.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2013, 01:37 PM
how many games has it cost us?

I think fans are just being fans.... over zealous about the players on the team. Now that these "city citations" are in the news, the fans want to make them a bigger deal than what they are. Now he's just an idiot, non caring, rebellious player that doesnt' give a shit.

I personally don't get this kind of reaction.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Uh, Miller's current 6 game suspension "is costing Denver games without him". If he can't be on the field, let's put that money towards someone who can.

Uh.. no. No player we can put on the field would be worth it, on the field or not. Denver isn't going to get rid of a guy that can be the NFL defensive player over and over again. Not going to happen. Especially for traffic violations.

slim
09-11-2013, 01:39 PM
how many games has it cost us?

I think fans are just being fans.... over zealous about the players on the team. Now that these "city citations" are in the news, the fans want to make them a bigger deal than what they are. Now he's just an idiot, non caring, rebellious player that doesnt' give a shit.

I personally don't get this kind of reaction.

You keep telling us these minor transgressions don't matter. But they do matter to the people that run the league. How many more of these before he sits out for an entire year? Will it matter then?

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:41 PM
The guy got suspended for 6 games for "failing a piss test" without actually failing the piss test. I will certainly put someone like that in the "idiot" category.

And if a driving citation get's him another game suspension, which it very well could it looks like, I will continue to keep him in the "idiot" category.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Uh.. no. No player we can put on the field would be worth it, on the field or not. Denver isn't going to get rid of a guy that can be the NFL defensive player over and over again. Not going to happen. Especially for traffic violations.

He won't be the NFL defensive player this year. Ofcourse shouldn't trade him, but I think anyone would have to be an idiot to honestly believe he can't possibly "mess up" anymore to get a year game suspension. All it takes is another "spilled drug test".

underrated29
09-11-2013, 01:43 PM
When you FTA or fail to pay traffic fines, they suspend your license. The 2 traffic things are related. When he failed to appear on the first ticket, they suspended his license.

But who says he did fail to do those things. I did not fail to pay my speeding ticket, yet my license was suspended and revoked.....It was all their fault. They messed up, but I had no idea about any of it until almost 3 years later.......Weird things happen. What happened to me is likely not what happened to Von. But I will still give him a shred of hope until all the details come out. Who knows- maybe the same thing did happen to him....

slim
09-11-2013, 01:45 PM
But who says he did fail to do those things. I did not fail to pay my speeding ticket, yet my license was suspended and revoked.....It was all their fault. They messed up, but I had no idea about any of it until almost 3 years later.......Weird things happen. What happened to me is likely not what happened to Von. But I will still give him a shred of hope until all the details come out. Who knows- maybe the same thing did happen to him....

Yeah, he is just on a two year string of bad luck. Poor guy....

GEM
09-11-2013, 01:47 PM

He was arrested for Failure to Appear in August. That can cause suspension.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2013, 01:48 PM
You keep telling us these minor transgressions don't matter. But they do matter to the people that run the league. How many more of these before he sits out for an entire year? Will it matter then?

What then???? omg!!!!

He's not going to miss the season for traffic violations. Seriously. YES, slim, we "get" that they add up. But man you guys are REALLY exaggerating. He's not getting in gun fights, he's not in dog fighting rings, he's not beating women....... he had a traffic violation. EVEN Goodell has to see that the "transgressions" are minor. They are things that are stupid, but not harming. They are citations, and not really criminal activities. If we had seen Von get caught for smoking more illegal drugs, THEN I would be pissed. But this is just such small stupid stuff, and people want to go "OMG!!!!"

Dzone
09-11-2013, 01:49 PM
This coddling and babying of multimillionaire superstars is getting ridiculous.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:50 PM
What then???? omg!!!!

He's not going to miss the season for traffic violations. Seriously. YES, slim, we "get" that they add up. But man you guys are REALLY exaggerating. He's not getting in gun fights, he's not in dog fighting rings, he's not beating women....... he had a traffic violation. EVEN Goodell has to see that the "transgressions" are minor. They are things that are stupid, but not harming. They are citations, and not really criminal activities. If we had seen Von get caught for smoking more illegal drugs, THEN I would be pissed. But this is just such small stupid stuff, and people want to go "OMG!!!!"

He isn't a bad guy. I think anyone saying he is is an idiot.

I was "omg people let's freak" out too. Then all of a sudden he was suspended for 6 games because he failed a drug test without actually failing a drug test. Then I was like "wtf".

slim
09-11-2013, 01:51 PM
What then???? omg!!!!

Per Legwold:

and:

Grrrrrrreeeeeatttt!

It was also stated in the Denver Post today that his 6 game suspension was extended because of this type of "minor transgression".

OMG!

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah, because losing your best player can't possibly hurt the team. Good call.

i haven't seen evidence of it in regards to this year's broncos, yet.

not saying miller's suspension won't hurt the team, but i don't understand getting upset about suppositions.

slim
09-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Per Legwold:

and:

Grrrrrrreeeeeatttt!

Read it again, Rav. Maybe a couple of times.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 01:54 PM
It was also stated in the Denver Post today that his 6 game suspension was extended because of this type of "minor transgression".

OMG!

I think some people just have a feeling that he can be suspended for whatever games, but as long as he's not doing criminal things it's ok. At least that's what it seems.

slim
09-11-2013, 01:55 PM
i haven't seen evidence of it in regards to this year's broncos, yet.

not saying miller's suspension won't hurt the team, but i don't understand getting upset about suppositions.

Yeah, I'm sure no one in the front office is upset about it either. Why would they be?

slim
09-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I think some people just have a feeling that he can be suspended for whatever games, but as long as he's not doing criminal things it's ok. At least that's what it seems.

But it's just a traffic violation. :fart:

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I'm sure no one in the front office is upset about it either. Why would they be?

it makes sense to be upset about the suspension. it doesn't make sense to get upset about lost games that haven't been lost? do you see the distinction?

G_Money
09-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Von Miller:
1) gets popped in his rookie year for a substance policy violation
2) gets popped last year for careless driving, DWOL, and no insurance
3) gets popped in the offseason after his second year for failing ANOTHER test
3a) compounded by attempting to circumvent the test entirely

While he's figuring that out he:
4) skips his court date (party in Vegas was too important), gets his license suspended and has a bench warrant issued
5) is dragged off in handcuffs for said warrant while trying to purchase a gun because he never fixed it
5a) WHILE appealing his substance supension on the grounds that he's a good guy who's made a one-time error

Then his substance policy suspension comes down at 6 games (instead of the 4 if he'd just failed it for the second time). Von knows he can have this suspension extended if he continues to show up in the news with a "repeated pattern" of bad behavior. So he:
6) gets cited for ANOTHER DWOL and speeding
6a) WHILE on his way back from his meeting with NFLPA lawyers on the best ways to recover bonus money lost during his suspension
6b) which may lead to an extended suspension and even more bonus money and salary lost.

He's an idiot, and it's costing his team his presence on the field. "Oh these are small offenses" is true in a vacuum. We're not in a vacuum. If I had been suspended by my work for 6 weeks without pay for violating the drug policy and they told me to keep my nose clean to avoid further repercussions, MAYBE I shouldn't be speeding and driving around without a license and flipping off the people who have the power to take more of my money from me.

My co-workers sure wouldn't appreciate me being a moron if this was supposed to be our year of glory when all our dreams would come true if we can all just STAY FOCUSED AND CONTRIBUTE.

Von hasn't hurt anyone. He's not accused of any damaging crime. But he's being criminally stupid, literally, and it can cost us as fans as well has his teammates, not to mention what it's doing to his current and future bank account. It didn't cost us in week one, but how many weeks will we be able to say that? If we go undefeated then I guess it won't cost us. Fingers crossed for that.

There's still no way to sweep it under the rug, or shrug it off. Goodell can add extra suspension games at his whim. There's no useful appeal process. The ONLY defense is to keep your nose clean, and Von seems absolutely incapable of doing that at the moment.

He'd better smarten up, quickly. He's used up all his goodwill with the commissioner's office, and any more slip ups could cost him the year, and us a title. That's a high cost for the inability to call a driver or turn down a bowl or show up for court.

~G

TimHippo
09-11-2013, 02:04 PM
People are sick of the Von Miller Circus. The guy is a huge distraction who can't stay out of the spotlight. Peyton Manning has a huge 7 TD performance and here comes Von being a Debbie Downer again.

Honestly if Von were a lesser player he would have been outright cut a long time ago but he continues to get coddled and babied like he did at Texas A&M which only serves to give him a feeling of entitlement to do whatever he wants. That isn't going to change.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
He won't be the NFL defensive player this year. Ofcourse shouldn't trade him, but I think anyone would have to be an idiot to honestly believe he can't possibly "mess up" anymore to get a year game suspension. All it takes is another "spilled drug test".

Really.. EVER? You mean, this year? I'm not talking this year. I'm talking about a guy that has the ability to win the DPY award, every year.

Now I know we can go into the "if he's on the field" discussion, but he Broncos aren't going to get rid of a guy, in the PRIME of his career that has his skills based on some traffic violations. For 1, I think they can see that these traffic violations aren't going to be something that continues to be a problem for years. It's been a rough few months with it. The drug situation is something completely different. If that were the problem again, then we have concerns.

But in the end, we are still just talking about traffic citations.

Buff
09-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Really.. EVER? You mean, this year? I'm not talking this year. I'm talking about a guy that has the ability to win the DPY award, every year.

Now I know we can go into the "if he's on the field" discussion, but he Broncos aren't going to get rid of a guy, in the PRIME of his career that has his skills based on some traffic violations. For 1, I think they can see that these traffic violations aren't going to be something that continues to be a problem for years. It's been a rough few months with it. The drug situation is something completely different. If that were the problem again, then we have concerns.

No - you are talking about traffic citations. We are talking about discipline handed down by the league office.

slim
09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
it makes sense to be upset about the suspension. it doesn't make sense to get upset about lost games that haven't been lost? do you see the distinction?

There has already been one game "lost" (a game that he can never get back). There will be another one this week.

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 02:15 PM
There has already been one game "lost" (a game that he can never get back). There will be another one this week.

the game was won. see the distinction?

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 02:16 PM

Who's making that distinction?

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Who's making that distinction?

frankly, i don't think it matters anymore.

slim
09-11-2013, 02:18 PM

We disagree.

TXBRONC
09-11-2013, 02:19 PM

I think you both know you're talking past each other.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM

I sure am not talking about just traffic citations. I'm talking about a guy who continues to have mishaps, and another one that may/may not lead to more suspension. This is why some fans are upset with Von Miller, and don't give a ---- about Julius Thomas. Thomas has had 1 indicent. Big deal. Miller has had multiple incidents and is sitting on a 6 game suspension. The suspension to me is a big deal. If he wasn't currently suspended, and just getting traffic tickets, "no big deal".

Buff
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
RF -

Are you really making the case that getting suspended is ok if the team doesn't lose the game? Or just that fans should only be mad when the team loses a game? I'm not following your logic.

slim
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
I think you both know you're talking past each other.

I like messing with rationalfan. He tries way too hard to be rational.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 02:22 PM
frankly, i don't think it matters anymore.

You're looking at the game Denver won without Miller. Some of us are looking at the game Miller didn't play in. If Denver goes 6-0 during this suspension, IMO you are right, and if you are right, then IMO we sure don't need Miller to win.

slim
09-11-2013, 02:24 PM
RF -

Are you really making the case that getting suspended is ok if the team doesn't lose the game? Or just that fans should only be mad when the team loses a game? I'm not following your logic.

We are not supposed to care unless he kills someone. That is what I get from Rav and RF.

Personally, I am most disappointed that I don't get to watch him play. I was really looking forward to watching him dominate the league for 10+ years. Now I think there is a good chance he won't be in league for very long.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
We are not supposed to care unless he kills someone. That is what I get from Rav and RF.

Personally, I am most disappointed that I don't get to watch him play. I was really looking forward to watching him dominate the league for 10+ years. Now I think there is a good chance he won't be in league for very long.

Part of me agrees. In the end I'm not concerned about the fact that he can't help Denver because I know this team is winning with offense. I just selfishly wanted to see the guy get 20+ sacks this year. That sure isn't happening.

Buff
09-11-2013, 02:28 PM

I think once he actually starts writing checks and giving money back that it will resonate with him a bit more. Or that is my hope anyway.

slim
09-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Part of me agrees. In the end I'm not concerned about the fact that he can't help Denver because I know this team is winning with offense. I just selfishly wanted to see the guy get 20+ sacks this year. That sure isn't happening.

Players like Von don't come around very often. It's a treat when you finally get one on the team and to watch him piss his career away over this stupid ass shit just pisses me off. Such a waste.

Slick
09-11-2013, 02:38 PM
How does he not have his vehicles insured? Did he actually graduate from A &M or did he just go there for 4 years? Certainly I am disappointed in Von. If he didn't already have the issues surrounding him it would be easier to say "eh, no big deal."

I don't see how you guys can be so non chalant about this. I'd love to know what John thinks. ... not some media prepared statement, but what he is actually thinking/saying behind closed doors.

LTC Pain
09-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I hope Goodell hammers Von with more games added to his current suspension.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Carol,

It says no proof of insurance - could that just mean he did not have his insurance card in his wallet or in the car?

slim
09-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Carol - a little free advice. Do NOT question NTL on matters of insurance.

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 02:54 PM
You're looking at the game Denver won without Miller. Some of us are looking at the game Miller didn't play in. If Denver goes 6-0 during this suspension, IMO you are right, and if you are right, then IMO we sure don't need Miller to win.

i don't think that's correct either (at least, he'll be necessary to win in the postseason).

again, i'm not convinced miller won't be missed. i'm just saying he hasn't been missed, yet. tell me that story when it happens, not before it happens.

NightTrainLayne
09-11-2013, 02:57 PM
There is. My insurance renewed when mine was suspended. When I got the quote the driving record was there, suspended license, and a higher insurance rate because of it. Dumb shit, really. :lol:

It appears that he was driving his "mother's" car, so that explains it partly.

On a side note, a policy renewing is a lot different than starting a new policy. Most companies won't check a driving record at every renewal. Sometimes it might be years between checking, and only then if there'd been an accident or something.

But when starting a new policy, they will almost every time.

rationalfan
09-11-2013, 02:58 PM

you're employing hyperbole. i'm trying to react without it. that's the difference.

buff probably thinks that makes me less of a fan.

Magnificent Seven
09-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Trade him for # 2 in a first-round draft pick! :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 03:02 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- If Roger Goodell has grown weary of Von Miller's repeated legal trouble, the NFL commissioner has the authority to add to the Denver Broncos linebacker's current six-game suspension, per the league's personal conduct policy.

Miller is one game into his suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, and on Wednesday team officials were privately wrestling with the revelation that Miller was cited last week for driving without a license and speeding.

AND

Goodell has repeatedly said he would take a sterner approach with what he called "repeat offenders." That Miller was cited during a suspension has certainly been noticed by league and Broncos executives.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9661335/roger-goodell-add-von-miller-denver-broncos-ban-citation

slim
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see the team add a game to his suspension, even if the NFL doesn't.

G_Money
09-11-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm fine with suspending him over the bye week. :salute:

~G

NightTrainLayne
09-11-2013, 03:10 PM
It says no proof of insurance - could that just mean he did not have his insurance card in his wallet or in the car?

Could be, but I doubt it.

In Oklahoma, police can tell if insurance is in force on the vehicle at that moment just by running the tag. Maybe they don't have that in Colorado, but I'm guessing they do. If not, you can have that ticket dismissed by showing that you did indeed have insurance, just not on you at the time. Von didn't bother to show up.

I'm taking a logical leap, but all the puzzle piece fit. I suppose that it's possible that when he was stopped last year and cited for no license and no insurance, that he actually had insurance and just couldn't prove it. But in the meantime he has never gotten his license reinstated, and he is conspicuously driving his "Mother's" vehicle, with his Dad in the car as a passenger.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Chris Mortensen is saying right now that this latest incident will not add to the suspension, as it has nothing to do with substance abuse. He said if it would have been DUI, that could have added to suspension.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Could be, but I doubt it.

In Oklahoma, police can tell if insurance is in force on the vehicle at that moment just by running the tag. Maybe they don't have that in Colorado, but I'm guessing they do. If not, you can have that ticket dismissed by showing that you did indeed have insurance, just not on you at the time. Von didn't bother to show up.

I'm taking a logical leap, but all the puzzle piece fit. I suppose that it's possible that when he was stopped last year and cited for no license and no insurance, that he actually had insurance and just couldn't prove it. But in the meantime he has never gotten his license reinstated, and he is conspicuously driving his "Mother's" vehicle, with his Dad in the car as a passenger.

I have StateFarm, and on my insurance card it says - "This card must be kept in the insured motor vehicle for production upon demand"

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 6m

#Broncos coach John Fox on latest Von Miller stumble; "obviously we're not happy about it.''

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Speeding while your license is suspended certainly qualifies as "stupid action"

slim
09-11-2013, 04:10 PM

#Broncos coach John Fox on latest Von Miller stumble; "obviously we're not happy about it.''

I would love to hear what Elway says to Von at their next meeting.

Joel
09-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Five games if we're lucky; it's like the guy's trying to miss the whole season one suspension at a time. :tsk:

Northman
09-11-2013, 04:21 PM

Its not about knowing everything/anything. In this day and age with mass information it directly results in if a player is going to fullfill his contract that he is obligated to honor. If there were no penalites regarding Von and his off the field behavior i could give a rats ass (unless it was murder/rape/etc). But since his behavior is micro managed by the league and since im a fan of this team it is important to me that he is on the field honoring his contract and not acting like an idiot. People make mistakes, everyone does. But we dont play for the Denver Broncos and we dont get paid millions of dollars to fullfill a signed contract. He wanted to be a NFL player, get paid good money which is fine. But with that comes the responsibility of honoring the contract he signed and if he is getting suspended due to bad choices on his free time than im going to speak my mind about it. You dont have to like it, but im going to do it anyway because it does affect my favorite team.

We prop these guys up just to find any excuse to tear them down.

False. They give everyone else excuses to tear them down.

And thats your prerogative but no one forced you to come read it. Food for thought.

Northman
09-11-2013, 04:26 PM
What then???? omg!!!!

Because it shows a pattern of irresponsibility. Your smarter than this man, come on.

Northman
09-11-2013, 04:28 PM

Cant win awards when your ass is sitting at home in the lazy boy.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 04:29 PM
I don't think it's a typical fan overreaction to say that Von Miller is a ******* idiot, in fact, I'd go as far as to wonder if he even knew that you're supposed to have car insurance.

Northman
09-11-2013, 04:32 PM
AND

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9661335/roger-goodell-add-von-miller-denver-broncos-ban-citation

Well, but wait a minute. Rav is telling us that these things are not important dont matter? Im confused.

Northman
09-11-2013, 04:34 PM

Lol

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't think it's a typical fan overreaction to say that Von Miller is a ******* idiot, in fact, I'd go as far as to wonder if he even knew that you're supposed to have car insurance.

He did not have proof of insurance, that does not mean that he does not have car insurance

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
He did not have proof of insurance, that does not mean that he does not have car insurance

He was speeding while having driving restrictions, right?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 04:43 PM
He was speeding while having driving restrictions, right?

I don't know if he had driving restrictions, unless that means license being suspended, which it probably does.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM

I'm not making the assumption that he just didn't have proof on him, right or wrong I'm assuming he's stupid.

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't know if he had driving restrictions, unless that means license being suspended, which it probably does.

His charges are speeding and driving under suspension.

They don't give you a DUS unless your license has been revoked.

zbeg
09-11-2013, 05:21 PM
ESPN's reporting that the NFL will not increase Von's suspension over this incident. No alcohol was involved and he didn't do anything like resist arrest or anything stupid, so it doesn't fall under the Player Conduct Policy.

Dodged that bullet.

...until he does something stupid again that is.

TXBRONC
09-11-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm fine with suspending him over the bye week. :salute:

~G

You're always thinking G. :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 06:18 PM
How many times does Von Miller the person have to do something bad until it affects your take on Von Miller the player?

Or is this latest transgression — being cited for speeding while his license was suspended — not a big deal to Broncos fans because, what's done is done with the six-game suspension stuff, so who cares what other silly mistakes he's made? At the end of the day, is Von simply an entertainer — a gladiator — so as long as he's out there for your team, who cares about his speeding (or skipping that court date the first time he was busted for speeding and careless driving)?

But he's not out there. Really, I've been surprised recently by how many fans weren't insulted and enraged by the linebacker's actions that led to his six-game suspension. Was it because you know he'll be out there once the playoffs come? Or is it cool because, as we soon found out, Denver didn't need him to knock off the Super Bowl champs?

Be honest: Were you madder last Thursday with Von, for doing something to miss the game, or Danny Trevathan, for the touchdown blunder?

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_24072083/broncos-von-miller-making-fans-evaluate-how-they

LTC Pain
09-11-2013, 06:47 PM
ESPN's reporting that the NFL will not increase Von's suspension over this incident. No alcohol was involved and he didn't do anything like resist arrest or anything stupid, so it doesn't fall under the Player Conduct iPolicy.

Dodged that bullet.

...until he does something stupid again that is.

Give him a few minutes!!!

Dzone
09-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Fox said the team is "Not Happy" about this latest incident. Does that make Fox judgmental too? lol...
This reminds of the interview where Bill Parcells said one of his biggest regrets was "I should have been tougher on LT"
Hopefully, someday Fox and Elway arent saying "We should have been tougher on Von"
Some people have self destructive tendencies, it doesnt matter how much they have to lose. Its like a death wish. LT had it. Hope Von isnt wired the same way.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 08:12 PM
from article:

In March 2012 Von Miller was stopped for speeding in Orange County, Cali. He also failed to appear in court on the appointed date. The result was the loss of bond that was posted.

The Broncos spokesman said he was not aware of the incident in California.

Von Miller’s attorney, Mark Schamel with Womble Carlyle, said, “This is a $240, one point speeding ticket for driving 10 miles an hour over the speed limit. Hoping to have this cleared up in the next 24 hours.”

full article - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/broncos-von-miller-citation/

Poet
09-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Five years from now fans will look back at this string of events. They will probably be saying one of two things about Von Miller. Either they'll be saying that this was just a string of immature actions and that most of this backlash was an overreaction. Or, they'll be saying that this was just a sign of things to come.

DenBronx
09-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Five years from now fans will look back at this string of events. They will probably be saying one of two things about Von Miller. Either they'll be saying that this was just a string of immature actions and that most of this backlash was an overreaction. Or, they'll be saying that this was just a sign of things to come.

Thanks John Madden.

lol

Poet
09-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks John Madden.

lol

Knock, Knock.

DenBronx
09-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Knock, Knock.

Who's there captain obvious?

Poet
09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Who's there captain obvious?

Shut.

DenBronx
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Shut.

I'm trying to think of a Miley Cyrus joke but it isnt twerking right now.

Poet
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm trying to think of a Miley Cyrus joke but it isnt twerking right now.

Shut.

DenBronx
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Shut.

Is Shut your first name and Up your last?

I will not answer this door. :laugh:

Poet
09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Is Shut your first name and Up your last?

I will not answer this door. :laugh:

Shut.

DenBronx
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Shut.

Shut who?

Poet
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Shut who?

Shut the **** up.

DenBronx
09-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Shut the **** up.

Please come in!!

Broncolingus
09-11-2013, 08:59 PM
...patience fast running out with Mr. Miller...

zbeg
09-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Well, at least the worst is over and hopefully we won't have to deal with any more dist...

Wait. Breaking news. Von Miller open warrant for failure to appear in Orange County, CA.

https://twitter.com/ryanparkerdp/status/377972631275704321

I need a drink.

Dzone
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Thank goodness its just pot and he isnt an alcoholic or something.

Broncolingus
09-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Well, at least the worst is over and hopefully we won't have to deal with any more dist...

Wait. Breaking news. Von Miller open warrant for failure to appear in Orange County, CA.

https://twitter.com/ryanparkerdp/status/377972631275704321

I need a drink.

...are you effing kidding me???

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Comical.

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 09:35 PM
No big deal, though, guys, it's just traffic tickets.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 13m

.@DuBoisTom @bripmon Aggressive mentorship. Team has to take over. Union has to bud out.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 15m

.@bripmon This isn't just a guy being irresponsible. There's gotta something more here.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 45m

RT @TheWasserman: what do you think of @BigAlRadio suggestion to explore a trade?---- nope. Aggressive mentorship. Team more involved.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
channel 4 first reported about him getting the ticket in Orange County on their newscast at 5:00 today, which I posted earlier.

In March 2012 Von Miller was stopped for speeding in Orange County, Cali. He also failed to appear in court on the appointed date. The result was the loss of bond that was posted.

The Broncos spokesman said he was not aware of the incident in California.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/broncos-von-miller-citation/

Embattled Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller isn't just in legal trouble in Colorado stemming from traffic violations.

Court records in Orange County, Calif., show Miller, who is serving a six-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, did not appear for a court appearance in July 2012, leading to an open warrant.

Miller was cited for speeding above 65 MPH on March 8, 2012, according to online court records.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/09/11/von-miller-arrest-warrant-traffic/2802489/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
from article:

Denver Broncos star linebacker Von Miller has an open warrant for his arrest in California.

Susan Schroeder, spokeswoman for the Orange County District Attorney's Office confirmed to The Denver Post that Miller has a warrant for failure to appear on a traffic ticket issued last year.

It is unclear what effect this will have if Miller travels to California when the team plays either the Raiders or Chargers, as Schroeder said the warrant pertains to the entire state.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24074341/broncos-von-miller-has-open-warrant-arrest-california

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 10:27 PM
The Broncos can't trade Miller, not because they won't get value but because you don't trade players like Von Miller for being an idiot.

Put it this way, is anybody absolutely sure Clowney is gonna be the player Miller is?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 11m

He's NOT going to be traded. No way. No how. Good kid at heart. Needs some mentoring.

TimHippo
09-11-2013, 10:56 PM
The Broncos can't trade Miller, not because they won't get value but because you don't trade players like Von Miller for being an idiot.

Put it this way, is anybody absolutely sure Clowney is gonna be the player Miller is?

He's pretty much untradeable at this point. No team is going to give fair value for a guy who is one failed drug test away from missing an entire season for the rest of his career.

You either keep him or do what Buddy Ryan did to Cris Carter and cut him. In the long run that saved Cris Carter's life because Cris Carter was out of control in Philadelphia.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 11:13 PM
He's pretty much untradeable at this point. No team is going to give fair value for a guy who is one failed drug test away from missing an entire season for the rest of his career.

You either keep him or do what Buddy Ryan did to Cris Carter and cut him. In the long run that saved Cris Carter's life because Cris Carter was out of control in Philadelphia.

Carter was a drug addict, Miller is an idiot.

TimHippo
09-11-2013, 11:22 PM

Miller seems like a drug addict too as opposed to a responsible drug user.
No responsible drug user would throw 2 million dollars (signing bonus) and millions in endorsement money away.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2013, 11:30 PM
miller is an "im incapable of paying a traffic ticket or show up for court" addict.

straight gangsta

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:44 AM
His charges are speeding and driving under suspension.

They don't give you a DUS unless your license has been revoked.youi forgot about his failure to appear in court... TWICE.
you can choose to ignore his contempt of court but the judges wont.

Buff
09-12-2013, 09:52 AM

To be fair, for all we know Miller could be a drug addict as well. Or he might not be. But given that he's deep into the treatment program, and can't seem to keep up with basic tasks, it's not all that far fetched to think he might be.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Unless the broncos get VON a full time 24/7 babysitterin the next 10 days, I doubt he ends up playing a single game this season.
his handful of traffic violations, combined with his 2 bench warrents for CONTEMPT OF COURT, may have already sealed his fate for the remainder of the season.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:11 PM
youi forgot about his failure to appear in court... TWICE.
you can choose to ignore his contempt of court but the judges wont.

Well. As has been now corrected, he has one failure to appear. The one from Colorado, where he was not given contempt of court charges. So you are wrong.

Zam, do you know what contempt of court actually is?

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:17 PM
failure to appear is contempt of court.
the bench warrent allows for his arrest .
the presiding judge has the discretion to punish as they see fit, including jail time, for both colorado and california.
contempt of court is NOT a traffic violation.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:18 PM
miller is an "im incapable of paying a traffic ticket or show up for court" addict.

straight gangstahe is stoopider than lindsey lohann.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
the presiding judge has the discretion to punish as they see fit, including jail time, for both colorado and california.

lol, false.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
LEL, true.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
LEL, true.

Word of advice, I'd really suggest that you stop commenting on legal matters.

Failure to Appear is not Contempt of Court. It's Failure to Appear. And in the case of a traffic ticket (in Colorado), it's basically pay the fine and that's it. Again, he does NOT have a bench warrant in California.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Can I go to jail if I’m found in contempt?

With a contempt of court action, the number one concern for any of our clients facing contempt is the possibility of jail. Jail can be ordered in both a remedial or punitive contempt situation. In a punitive situation, the court can order up to 180 days in jail upon a finding of contempt. The amount of time is up to the judge and there are judges out there who will not hesitate to impose a jail sentence. In a remedial situation, the court can also order jail time in a remedial fashion.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM

With a contempt of court action, the number one concern for any of our clients facing contempt is the possibility of jail. Jail can be ordered in both a remedial or punitive contempt situation. In a punitive situation, the court can order up to 180 days in jail upon a finding of contempt. The amount of time is up to the judge and there are judges out there who will not hesitate to impose a jail sentence. In a remedial situation, the court can also order jail time in a remedial fashion.

It's a good thing he isn't charged with that, then.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/renderForm1.cfm?Form=229

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
faiure to appear IS a form of contempt of court.

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
faiure to appear IS a form of contempt of court.

That was a contempt citation. So, of course not appearing for contempt citation is contempt.

:tsk:

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM
The New Law – 17(H)

The Colorado Supreme Court has amended Rule 17(h) of the Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure – Failure to Obey a Subpoena.

The new rule reads:

(h) Failure to obey subpoena.

(1) Contempt. Failure by any person without adequate excuse to obey a duly served subpoena may be deemed a contempt of the court from which the subpoena issued. Such contempt is indirect contempt within the meaning of C.R.C.P. 107. The trial court may issue a contempt citation under this subsection (1) whether or not it also issues a bench warrant under subsection

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
when you sign your traffic ticket you sihm your sopeana.
CONTEMPT is at the discretion of the judge.
in both Co. and Ca.
based on vons habitual disregard for law,
contempt is very likely charge and jail time a likely punishment.
this is all at the discretion of the judge.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 01:14 PM
failure to appear is the fifth level of contempt.

slim
09-12-2013, 02:21 PM
failure to appear is the fifth level of contempt.

you are the fifth level of hell.

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Saw this in a comment at PFT about Miller's troubles:

One definition for the word “vermin” is “an obnoxious person”.

Von Miller’s best fitting anagram?:

lol Vermin (aka The Verminator)

jhildebrand
09-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Miller released the following statement through the NFL Players Association:

"The Substances of Abuse policy requires everyone to comply with the rules," Miller said. "Although my suspension doesn’t result from a positive test, there is no excuse for my violations of the rules. I made mistakes and my suspension has hurt my team, Broncos fans, and myself. I am especially sorry for the effect of my bad decisions on others. I will not make the same mistakes about adhering to the policy in the future. During my time off the field, I will work tirelessly and focus exclusively on remaining in peak shape. I look forward to contributing immediately upon my return to the field and bringing a championship back to the people of Denver."

I wish he would adhere to his promise!

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 03:33 PM

"The Substances of Abuse policy requires everyone to comply with the rules," Miller said. "Although my suspension doesn’t result from a positive test, there is no excuse for my violations of the rules. I made mistakes and my suspension has hurt my team, Broncos fans, and myself. I am especially sorry for the effect of my bad decisions on others. I will not make the same mistakes about adhering to the policy in the future. During my time off the field, I will work tirelessly and focus exclusively on remaining in peak shape. I look forward to contributing immediately upon my return to the field and bringing a championship back to the people of Denver."

Link please!

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 03:55 PM

"The Substances of Abuse policy requires everyone to comply with the rules," Miller said. "Although my suspension doesn’t result from a positive test,
BECAUSE i KNOCKED THE FIRST ONE OFF THE TABLE AND FILLED THE SECOND ONE WITH WATER,
there is no excuse for my violations of the rules. I made mistakes and my suspension has hurt my team, Broncos fans, and myself. I am especially sorry for the effect of my bad decisions on others. I will not make the same mistakes about adhering to the policy in the future. During my time off the field, I will work tirelessly and focus exclusively on remaining in peak shape. I look forward to contributing immediately upon my return to the field and bringing a championship back to the people of Denver." fixed it to make it more HONEST !

He did not promise that he would stay out of trouble.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
lawdog can you dispute any of this?

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 04:03 PM

With a contempt of court action, the number one concern for any of our clients facing contempt is the possibility of jail. Jail can be ordered in both a remedial or punitive contempt situation. In a punitive situation, the court can order up to 180 days in jail upon a finding of contempt. The amount of time is up to the judge and there are judges out there who will not hesitate to impose a jail sentence. In a remedial situation, the court can also order jail time in a remedial fashion.wdog, do you dispute any of this?

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 04:04 PM
faiure to appear IS a form of contempt of court.L-dog, any dispute?

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
The New Law – 17(H)

The Colorado Supreme Court has amended Rule 17(h) of the Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure – Failure to Obey a Subpoena.

The new rule reads:

(h) Failure to obey subpoena.

(1) Contempt. Failure by any person without adequate excuse to obey a duly served subpoena may be deemed a contempt of the court from which the subpoena issued. Such contempt is indirect contempt within the meaning of C.R.C.P. 107. The trial court may issue a contempt citation under this subsection (1) whether or not it also issues a bench warrant under subsectionhow 'bout this 'dog?

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 04:08 PM
when you sign your traffic ticket you sihm your sopeana.
CONTEMPT is at the discretion of the judge.
in both Co. and Ca.
based on vons habitual disregard for law,
contempt is very likely charge and jail time a likely punishment.
this is all at the discretion of the judge.
dawg?

LTC Pain
09-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Mods attention please!

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:16 PM
based on Vons history and habit, his lawyer is going to have to defend against a ruling of CONTEMPT in both states!
I am a criminal prosecutor. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to criticizing Von for his stupidity and leave the legal analysis to others. TIA
LAWDOG

My posts are a point by point response to this post by LAWDOG, it is my rebuttle, it is not spam.
it gives l'dog a chnce to dispute each post, instead of just issuing a blanket statemnet about my knowledge of the law.

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 05:23 PM
based on Vons history and habit, his lawyer is going to have to defend against a ruling of CONTEMPT in both states!
I am a criminal prosecutor. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to criticizing Von for his stupidity and leave the legal analysis to others. TIA
LAWDOG

My posts are a point by point response to this post by LAWDOG, it is my rebuttle, it is not spam.
it gives l'dog a chnce to dispute each post, instead of just issuing a blanket statemnet about my knowledge of the law.

Yes it's spam because you have proven absolutely wrong and yet your continuing to same garbage over and over again.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:28 PM
who proved me wrong/ not the lawdog, he has not responded!
you want to give it a try?
maybe you want to dispute the colorade code that I quoted verbatim?

which of those posts is inacurate?
go aheadputz, you opened your mouth where am i wrong?
take your pick

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 05:31 PM
what exactly is your problem TX ?

do you think that just because von paid his traffic fines that everything is ok?

do you think that because he paid a traffic ticket his bench warrant automaticly goes away with it?

or do you just hate me so much you automaticly dispute anything I post?

TXBRONC
09-12-2013, 05:36 PM

do you think that just because von paid his traffic fines that everything is ok?

do you think that because he paid a traffic ticket his bench warrant automaticly goes away with it?

:drama:

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 05:49 PM

People are disputing what you are saying because all of it is false. Good ******* grief.

jhildebrand
09-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Link please!

I understand that he didn't "promise" to stay out of trouble or anything. However, I would argue that continual trouble with the law would make it hard to "tirelessly...." In fact, I would argue you can't be doing what you said if you are out getting in trouble!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/NFLPA-Releases-Von-Miller-Statement/c3d07d0a-27db-4cea-b8cb-bfcbc0f25892

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/broncos-lb-von-miller-releases-statement-receiving-six-210911167.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9586206/von-miller-denver-broncos-serve-6-game-suspension

jhildebrand
09-12-2013, 05:53 PM
He did not promise that he would stay out of trouble.

He gave his word, and in the end all one has is their word, to "work tirelessly and focus exclusively on remaining in peak shape." I don't know how you can do if you are doing everything but-at nflpa offices, getting pulled over, buying guns, etc...

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
People are disputing what you are saying because all of it is false. Good ******* grief.who said it was false?
not lawdog, he defamed me by saying I dont know what I am talking about, but he has declined the real opportunity to dispute my posts statement by statement, because he knows he CANT !
he can characterize me, but he cant tear down what i posted !
he can obfuscate the reality with a cute littlew court scenario and an amusing mobvie referance but NEVER did he say
'failure to appear is NOT contempt of court"
or any of the rest of it !

Chef Zambini
09-12-2013, 06:10 PM
People are disputing what you are saying because all of it is false. Good ******* grief.you mo are the only one disputing itnot PEOPLE, YOU. OTHERS MAY BE ANNOYED BY IT BUT NO-ONE CAN DISPUTE IT AND A REP FROM THE ATORNEY GENERALS OFFICE SAID THAT A WARRANT WAS ISSUED FOR VONS ARREST SO TAKE IT UP WITH HER.

jhildebrand
09-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I am a criminal prosecutor.

Where and for whom (DA)?

MOtorboat
09-12-2013, 06:13 PM
you mo are the only one disputing itnot PEOPLE, YOU. OTHERS MAY BE ANNOYED BY IT BUT NO-ONE CAN DISPUTE IT AND A REP FROM THE ATORNEY GENERALS OFFICE SAID THAT A WARRANT WAS ISSUED FOR VONS ARREST SO TAKE IT UP WITH HER.

Three paragraphs later, in the same story, that representative admits she made a mistake:

Schroeder later told NFL Media she "can't tell" if there was a bench warrant issued for Miller.

Almost everything you've said today has been categorically false. We had a PROSECUTOR tell you were wrong. Think about that.