PDA

View Full Version : Broncos-Giants matchup of the day

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2013, 09:55 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- In the mix-and-match approach the Denver Broncos have with their pass rush during linebacker Von Miller's suspension -- he still has five games to go -- defensive end Robert Ayers and linebacker Shaun Phillips will have plenty of heavy lifting to do.

Ayers is the starting right defensive end and will usually play in early-down situations, or against the heavier formations on passing downs like two-tight end or two-back looks. The Broncos have used Phillips as a traditional strong-side linebacker at times in practice, and he showed plenty of savvy dropping into coverage against the Ravens. But for the most part the Broncos want Phillips to be a disruptive rush end when it's time to get after the passer.

And the Broncos got a little of everything from the two in the season opener against the Ravens as Ayers finished with a sack and Phillips had 2.5 sacks to go with a forced fumble.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/61993/broncos-giants-matchup-of-the-day

Magnificent Seven
09-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Broncos must stop Cruz's salsa dance. NO SALSA DANCE IN NY! I want see more MILE HIGH SALUTES IN NY!

kimbo1967
09-11-2013, 12:33 AM
I agree no dancing from any Giants. Only salutes by our BRONCOS. GO BRONCOS
ON THE LONG ROAD TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Army Bronco
09-11-2013, 02:00 AM
How about salsa dances from D.Thomas??

Ziggy
09-11-2013, 02:44 AM
Agreed. Chris Harris vs. Victor Cruz is my pick for matchup of the week.

UnderArmour
09-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Agreed. Chris Harris vs. Victor Cruz is my pick for matchup of the week.

As much as I like Chris Harris, we should not have him covering the best slot receiver in the NFL 1 on 1. I'd rather we have DRC or Champ shadow Victor Cruz the whole game. Victor Cruz is just too good and will easily burn Chris Harris several times in the game if that's our plan.

Ziggy
09-11-2013, 01:17 PM
As much as I like Chris Harris, we should not have him covering the best slot receiver in the NFL 1 on 1. I'd rather we have DRC or Champ shadow Victor Cruz the whole game. Victor Cruz is just too good and will easily burn Chris Harris several times in the game if that's our plan.

The best slot receiver in the game plays for the Broncos.

Broncolingus
09-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Generate a good and consistent pass rush from the defensive line, there shouldn't be any assignments too tough for the secondary...