PDA

View Full Version : "Orange Julius" it is

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Julius was on with Vic last night on Xfinity Live, and here is the segment on which nickname he would prefer.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9288068-julius-thomas-likes-the-nickname-orange-julius/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
fitting

SR
09-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Until the company comes forward and says no.

G_Money
09-10-2013, 12:00 PM
That's true, I remember Calvin Johnson getting sued by Hasbro over that Megatron nickname. He's going by "Mega-blonde" now, to avoid brand confusion.

~G

UnderArmour
09-10-2013, 12:20 PM
That's true, I remember Calvin Johnson getting sued by Hasbro over that Megatron nickname. He's going by "Mega-blonde" now, to avoid brand confusion.

~G
Could you provide a source for that? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

slim
09-10-2013, 12:46 PM
mega-blonde :lol:

BroncoNut
09-10-2013, 12:54 PM
he can't block for shit

slim
09-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Neither can Tamme.

BroncoNut
09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Neither can Tamme.

they are both pretty good options though.

MasterShake
09-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Did Vic mention that he used to work at the Orange Julius at Lakeside Mall in the TV segment like he did on the radio the other day? The other hosts were giving him a lot of crap for that.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Did Vic mention that he used to work at the Orange Julius at Lakeside Mall in the TV segment like he did on the radio the other day? The other hosts were giving him a lot of crap for that.

Yes, he did. Xfinity Live was suppose to be on at 6:30 - HOWEVER, the stupid tennis was not over, so Vic showed a little bit of it on the 10:00 news.

dogfish
09-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Until the company comes forward and says no.

like anyone cares what the company says. . .

they can prevent him from using it in any formal fashion. . . they're helpless as newborn kittens to stop broncos fans from calling him whatever they want. . .

besides, what company turns down free advertising?

MasterShake
09-11-2013, 08:29 AM

Dumb ones. Smart companies like Pixar and even LucasFilm have been very loose in the last decade with their properties especially when it comes to satire or co-authorship. A recent example with Pixar was when a 15 year old kid took almost a year to do a shot by shot remake of Toy Story using real toys and stop motion. They invited the kid to the studio and screened it for their employees and conveniently "released" a YouTube video about it to show how awesome they are. And LucasFilm has been hosting fan film competitions for years where people use names, copyrighted music, sound effects, etc. to make little Star Wars movies that are screened in a sanctioned event and draw lots of views from around the world keeping the brand on everyone's mind in between movies.

BroncoJoe
09-11-2013, 08:52 AM
The soda Orange Crush nearly went bankrupt after disallowing the Broncos from using that term. I never understood that "logic".

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2013, 09:45 AM
The soda Orange Crush nearly went bankrupt after disallowing the Broncos from using that term. I never understood that "logic".

I know, right? It's free advertising-

TXBRONC
09-11-2013, 09:55 AM
like anyone cares what the company says. . .

they can prevent him from using it in any formal fashion. . . they're helpless as newborn kittens to stop broncos fans from calling him whatever they want. . .

Don't be surprised if Julius becomes a pitchman for the drink.

G_Money
09-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Wasn't Julius just arrested for failure to appear on a traffic ticket? Unless he's giving a testimonial for how to follow the Von Miller Path to Idiocy in 6 Easy Steps I don't think he'll be getting too many endorsements in the near future.

~G

Ravage!!!
09-11-2013, 10:57 AM
what? FOr not appearing at a traffic court? Are you kidding? I don't think that makes him some kind of hardened criminal or someone to "avoid" when it comes to advertising.