PDA

View Full Version : Broncos feel they made right read on DRC

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2013, 01:36 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie were a match made in necessity.

The Broncos needed some athleticism at cornerback, preferably in a player who was taller than 6-foot. Rodgers-Cromartie? Well, he needed a new start after two seasons as part of the failed “Dream Team" free-agency initiative with the Eagles after his arrival in a trade before the 2011 season.

“He’s an extreme talent," Broncos coach John Fox said. “We saw that in studying the free-agency pool of players."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/449/broncos-feel-they-made-right-read-on-drc

SR
09-09-2013, 01:58 PM
I would have to agree. He looked good Thursday night and holy hell if he doesn't have rockets attached to his feet.

CoachChaz
09-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Just have to hope he wants to stay here

Army Bronco
09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Can't wait to see our entire Defense up and running.

slim
09-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Well, the Ravens have a pretty unimpressive WR corps. Let's see how he does this week.

Note: I am not trying to bash the guy…he did play really well. But let’s see how he plays against better competition before we put him in the HOF.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
09-09-2013, 02:14 PM
I hope he keeps his focus. That's a much-needed position he could fill in years to come.

LTC Pain
09-09-2013, 02:47 PM
If DRC continues to play like he did against the Ravens, then I say sign him to an extension ASAP!

jhns
09-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Well, the Ravens have a pretty unimpressive WR corps. Let's see how he does this week.

Note: I am not trying to bash the guy…he did play really well. But let’s see how he plays against better competition before we put him in the HOF.

Agreed. I think the entire secondary played great. Now I'd like to see them play against a good receiving corps. Baltimore has one of the worst receiver sets in the league.

BroncoNut
09-09-2013, 03:03 PM

I am with you Slim. always. I think you are the only person here that I really have any respect for

CoachChaz
09-09-2013, 03:22 PM
If DRC continues to play like he did against the Ravens, then I say sign him to an extension ASAP!

If he continues to play like this, why wouldnt he test the market?

G_Money
09-09-2013, 03:57 PM
DRC is definitely gonna test the market. The one-year deal worked for both sides because we got a great talent on the cheap, and DRC gets to prove he deserves a huge contract. I'm not worried about next year - just hoping he plays like that in every game this year.

~G

CoachChaz
09-09-2013, 03:59 PM
DRC is definitely gonna test the market. The one-year deal worked for both sides because we got a great talent on the cheap, and DRC gets to prove he deserves a huge contract. I'm not worried about next year - just hoping he plays like that in every game this year.

~G

His top competition on the market will be Tillman and Jennings and somehow I dont see either leaving Chicago

slim
09-09-2013, 04:02 PM
I am with you Slim. always. I think you are the only person here that I really have any respect for

Knock it off, Nut.

jhns
09-09-2013, 04:06 PM
"It is all a one-season audition for Rodgers-Cromartie. Even though he's under contract for two years, the second year voids five days after the Super Bowl."

What does that even mean? He is on a two year contract that is only a one year contract? Or is it that one of the parties has the option to void/extend it? I'm confused.

underrated29
09-09-2013, 04:06 PM
He was my favorite offseason signing. I think he stays after this year too. I think we really want him to stay especially if we win it all and champ hangs it up.

Army Bronco
09-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I get that Ravens don't have the best receivers but the score was 49-27. They got the last 10 in garbage time. 7 of those points came from WW fumbling the punt. Now how about that our defense made them look bad? Most of their receptions came underneath anyways. Anybody can do that.

G_Money
09-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Jennings MIGHT leave. Tillman looks like a Bear til he retires. But I agree, DRC should be the biggest guy guaranteed to be on the market, and if his on-field performance lives up to his talent he shouldn't have any trouble getting very nice offers. Possibly even from us.

If we wanna take out some of these offensive machines in the NFC we need to be able to shackle 3 and 4 receiving threats. We need all the cover help and pass rush we can get (or at least can fit in under the cap).

~G

Jsteve01
09-09-2013, 04:48 PM

I am with you Slim. always. I think you are the only person here that I really have any respect foreff you nut. You're dead to me

BroncoWave
09-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Agreed. And remember last year everyone was ready to give Tracy Porter an extension after the first game. I'd like to see him play at this level consistently first.

BroncoWave
09-09-2013, 04:52 PM

I'm hurt, nut.

LTC Pain
09-09-2013, 05:54 PM
If he continues to play like this, why wouldnt he test the market?

Because he likes the challenge the coaching staff gives him and wants to play for a winner!

Nomad
09-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Agreed. And remember last year everyone was ready to give Tracy Porter an extension after the first game. I'd like to see him play at this level consistently first.

^^^This. DRC is off to a good start, but let's see if he can play like this weekly.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-10-2013, 05:54 PM
If we win a championship, Champ might consider retirement. Having DRC as a true heir apparent wouldn't be a bad thing.

Ziggy
09-10-2013, 06:07 PM
"It is all a one-season audition for Rodgers-Cromartie. Even though he's under contract for two years, the second year voids five days after the Super Bowl."

What does that even mean? He is on a two year contract that is only a one year contract? Or is it that one of the parties has the option to void/extend it? I'm confused.

There is no option. The second year voids automatically. It was a way of spreading out the cap hit over 2 seasons instead of one. He will be an UFA at the end of the season unless the Broncos sign him to an extension before the year is up.

TXBRONC
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah this week will be a much hard task. I'm not as worried who DRC side as I am about the opposite side.

TXBRONC
09-10-2013, 09:47 PM
There is no option. The second year voids automatically. It was a way of spreading out the cap hit over 2 seasons instead of one. He will be an UFA at the end of the season unless the Broncos sign him to an extension before the year is up.

If continues to play like he did against the Ravens it wouldn't surprise me to see Elway open negotiations on an extension before the season is over.

Broncolingus
09-11-2013, 10:23 PM
He looked good in the one game he's played...

...like Phillips, I just want to get a few games in the book before any (real) judgments are made...

...but again, he had a good first game.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I think DRC blew a coverage vs Torrey Smith in the 1st quarter.