PDA

View Full Version : Eli is and will ALWAYS be Peyton's "little brother" (song)

themadfanatic
09-08-2013, 11:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGaPK4VHJ3o
this is what i say to giant fans!

GEM
09-09-2013, 11:44 AM
This ended up in a moderated que. Sorry bout that, madfanatic. :)

SR
09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
That was ******* terrible.

CoachChaz
09-09-2013, 01:05 PM
I have an acquaintance that is a huge Giants fan and truly believes that rings are the be all, end all sign of success. Eli could retire today and if Peyton never gets another ring...he will be convinced that Eli was the better player.

SR
09-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I have an acquaintance that is a huge Giants fan and truly believes that rings are the be all, end all sign of success. Eli could retire today and if Peyton never gets another ring...he will be convinced that Eli was the better player.

That makes me want to vomit.

Chef Zambini
09-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I have an acquaintance that is a huge Giants fan and truly believes that rings are the be all, end all sign of success. Eli could retire today and if Peyton never gets another ring...he will be convinced that Eli was the better player.ask your freind about dilfer and moreno and then take off your shoe and hit him, regardless of his response.
NO bronco fan should accept RINGS as an end all evaluation of a QB !
Bart Starr is not half the QB that aaron rogers is.

Chef Zambini
09-09-2013, 01:41 PM
BTW, really enjoyed the video, hope it gets played on nat'l TV before the game.

Joel
09-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Eli winning Rings as a wildcard is a further argument in his FAVOR, since it forced him to play an extra playoff team earn each. In 2007 alone the 9-7 Giants had to play a road wildcard game, then go on the road against the top seeded Cowboys who swept them in the regular season, then go on the road to "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field." All that just to get the right to TRY and beat the first 16-0 team in NFL history.

That, combined with another wildcard SB finishing up against the same team four years later, means a lot; the second means the first was for real, not dumb luck. Compared to big bros inability to match Eli despite a DECADE of first round byes, that's huge. Yes, his D was garbage that didn't belong in the NFL, much less the playoffs, but in the final analysis no one cares about excuses.

Rings don't matter as much as many people think, but that doesn't change them thinking it; that's why Bradshaw's on national TV every week but Staubach and Kelly aren't. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but we don't live in Should Land, and I personally believe Peyton Mannings painful awareness of that is the main reason a bayou boy's still playing, let alone in a place game temps regularly drop below freezing.

Ask John Elway how much a Ring matterrs, and if a second matters just as much to remove any doubt whether it was a fluke. Ask Favre, or Namath; ask Doug Williams. Eli had a lot of help, and his team only just made the playoffs before turning it on when it mattered, but he still beat one of the elite teams not once but TWICE when it mattered most. It's the difference between Peyton pounding the crap out of Flaccos team last Thursday and last December vs. Flacco edging Mannings last January.

We're better team than NY (though we can't count on them coughing the ball up six times like they did in Dallas) but it matters little unless we're playing them in February (ask Brady.) Everything till then's just in an extended qualifying round to determine if/where we get a title shot. If it's just about winning 10 games plus our division and shrugging off postseason beatings, that's college (i.e. amateur) football.

MOtorboat
09-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Coach, is your friend named Joel?

CoachChaz
09-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Coach, is your friend named Joel?

Key word I used was acquaintance...and he may actually be worse. The Giants could field the New Jersey Poly-Tech intramural team and he'd argue that they have the best team in the NFC East and that Eli was better than Peyton

Pudge
09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Warhorse and his daughter were in a music video the mad fanatic recorded while we were tailgating. If you look close you might be able to see my arm somewhere in the video

HORSEPOWER 56
09-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Rings are one of the worst measuring sticks for a QB as far as I'm concerned. Superbowl titles are a team accomplishment. Dan Marino has no rings but I'd rather have him as my QB over Montana or Brady. Had Elway not gotten his 2 rings, he wouldn't be any less great in my mind.

Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have rings, Terry Bradshaw has 4, none would make my top 100 QBs if I was building a team. Football is the ultimate team sport and Championships are the ultimate team achievement.

How many rings has the mightily gay Brady won without a top 10 defense? C'mon, rings are about the worst measure of a QB's worth and ability. So many great QBs never won a Championship. Measuring by how many rings a guy has is splitting hairs and is just a tool the HOF voters use because they are buffoons.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Madfamatic-

Welcome to the message board dude.

Joel
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Rings are one of the worst measuring sticks for a QB as far as I'm concerned. Superbowl titles are a team accomplishment. Dan Marino has no rings but I'd rather have him as my QB over Montana or Brady. Had Elway not gotten his 2 rings, he wouldn't be any less great in my mind.

Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have rings, Terry Bradshaw has 4, none would make my top 100 QBs if I was building a team. Football is the ultimate team sport and Championships are the ultimate team achievement.

How many rings has the mightily gay Brady won without a top 10 defense? C'mon, rings are about the worst measure of a QB's worth and ability. So many great QBs never won a Championship. Measuring by how many rings a guy has is splitting hairs and is just a tool the HOF voters use because they are buffoons.
McMahon, Dilfer and Johnson have Ring, not Rings; the list of poor or even average QBs with 2+ is much shorter, and the list of such QBs with 3+ is pretty much Bradshaw.

You can bet PFM realizes the resulting perception (bringing up Johnson just invites people to say PFM couldn't do it without Dungy.) Is it fair? Of course not; Phil Simms isn't fit to wipe the shoes of Elway or Marino—but guess which of the three calls NBCs A games. Fair or not, most people judge performance by the bottom line; 30 years from now no one will know or care who was the top fantasy football scorer last week.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Francis Tarkington is fairly adamant that Peyton Manning is the best QB he's ever seen, and anybody familiar with Tarkington knows it had to be absolutely excruciating for him to rank someone higher than himself.

SR
09-11-2013, 06:20 PM
the list of such QBs with 3+ is pretty much Bradshaw.

Uhh...Troy Aikman? Joe Montana?

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Brady.

Bradshaw completely disproves the theory that only championships count.

SR
09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Brady.

I just think its HILARIOUS that Joel types all that shit and literally picks the worst three SB winner out of all of them to set the bar. Ridiculous.

Also Marino disproves the "only rings matter" theory.

tomjonesrocks
09-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Eli has been clutch, and made players around him clutch. Can't take that away from him.

Will leave Peyton's playoff woes out of it for now. He had won the last playoff game he was in before Rahim lost it for him.

SR
09-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Eli has been clutch, and made players around him clutch. Can't take that away from him.

Will leave Peyton's playoff woes out of it for now. He had won the last playoff game he was in before Rahim lost it for him.

Rahim didn't throw a pick in overtime. Rahim also didn't forget to jam Jones at the line. So there's that.

Broncolingus
09-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I give credit to those dudes for being creative and making that video...

...but (and I apologize for being an ass here), I was kinda meh...

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Brady.

Brady doesn't count because he takes up too much cap space.

MOtorboat
09-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Brady doesn't count because he takes up too much cap space.

Do you know how many free agents they could have signed?

Simple Jaded
09-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Do you know how many free agents they could have signed?

Can't even imagine, MLB's and S's galore.

ChairmanBron
09-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I thought that was a good song, but if any song included the Manning Brothers, this one is it.

http://YouTu.be/jn5zytfm9No

Magnificent Seven
09-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Cool video!

Joel
09-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Aikman and Montana were poor to average QBs? Um... okay.... :confused: