PDA

View Full Version : BroncosForums.com is back online -- server restored after major outage

Tned
09-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Sorry for the 24+ hours of downtime. We just celebrated our 6th birthday a little over a week ago, and I believe this is the longest outage by far.

If you would like to know some of the details, I've given a summary here: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/555060-24-server-outage-from-9-7-to-9-8?p=2019345#post2019345

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Daily, for six years, I have been able to enjoy Broncos Forums, creating new threads, posting in threads, or just reading posts.

And then yesterday - I could not access my favorite website. I then realized that, for six years, you have made it possible for me to access/enjoy Broncos Forums by covering all expenses, being involved behind the scenes, working with people to correct problems, adding enhancements to make Broncos Forums better, etc.

Tned, I truly appreciate everything you have done to make Broncos Forums a success.

THANK YOU TNED :salute:

Carol

Broncolingus
09-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Thx for fixing and keeping things going, Tned...sincerely!

Jaws
09-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Thank you Tned for six years and for all the work and your generosity :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Tned - I found this doing a search - "Quite frequently, many websites hosted by the same web hosting company are all hacked together." Based on that, was BF the only site that was hacked, or were there more? Also, is it possible to find out who hacked BF?

Tned
09-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Tned - I found this doing a search - "Quite frequently, many websites hosted by the same web hosting company are all hacked together." Based on that, was BF the only site that was hacked, or were there more? Also, is it possible to find out who hacked BF?

No, not possible to know who. The only thing I know for sure was that it originated from India.

WTE
09-08-2013, 02:02 PM
No, not possible to know who. The only thing I know for sure was that it originated from India.

I wonder if the hackers were after me?

Davii
09-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I wonder if the hackers were after me?

If so it's probably your purchasing of knock-offs on Craigslist that put them on your trail.

Nomad
09-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for your hard work, Tned.

Skinny
09-08-2013, 02:52 PM
No, not possible to know who. The only thing I know for sure was that it originated from India.Is there nothing better to do in India?

That sucks there's no way to find out who hacked it. That's BS.

ShaneFalco
09-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks tned! i really enjoy your website.

Davii
09-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Anyone having issues with functionality? I get no posts appearing in User CP and very few in "new posts"

Tned
09-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Anyone having issues with functionality? I get no posts appearing in User CP and very few in "new posts"

During this, I upgraded to VB 4.2.1, so it's possible they are either handling unread/new posts differently, or something like that. My What's new has a bunch, "new posts" has less, but UserCP has a ton.

Anyone else having issues with that or anything else? I'm going to be pretty tied up most of the rest of the day, but will check in when I can, and I'll have time to sort through any issues tomorrow.

SR
09-08-2013, 03:27 PM
All is well on Forum Runner. Thanks a bunch T. You know we all love ya

chazoe60
09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Do I get a partial refund for the time the sote was down?

Dapper Dan
09-08-2013, 04:06 PM
All I kept thinking is "Which of those dickwads broke the internet?"

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2013, 05:24 PM

From what I have heard, all of the refunds for sotes have been given out.

WTE
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
From what I have heard, all of the refunds for sotes have been given out.

Ha Ha! Good one Carol! Chazoe is such an idiot!

ShaneFalco
09-08-2013, 07:19 PM
All I kept thinking is "Which of those dickwads broke the internet?"

I thought someone finally banned me :)

Davii
09-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I thought someone finally banned me :)

If you get banned you'll get an email from the mods explaining why, the forums would still be here, it would just tell you you're banned when you tried to log in.

Mr Bojangles
09-10-2013, 12:39 AM
During this, I upgraded to VB 4.2.1, so it's possible they are either handling unread/new posts differently, or something like that. My What's new has a bunch, "new posts" has less, but UserCP has a ton.

Anyone else having issues with that or anything else? I'm going to be pretty tied up most of the rest of the day, but will check in when I can, and I'll have time to sort through any issues tomorrow.

I lost my avatar....

Dapper Dan
09-10-2013, 12:43 AM
I changed my avatar. I noticed several others not showing up. Some orange buttons are now black or dark gray.

Mr Bojangles
09-10-2013, 12:43 AM

And you had the nerve to ridicule WTE for "Clicks" :whoo:

Tned
09-10-2013, 09:34 AM
I changed my avatar. I noticed several others not showing up. Some orange buttons are now black or dark gray.

I think the buttons were part of the upgrade to the newest vBulletin. I did it in a hurry, and didn't get a chance to make sure we didn't overwrite any custom buttons. At some point, but it might be a week or so, I will need to load an old backup, and try and move the correct buttons across to the live server.

pnbronco
09-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Sometimes you are soooo sweet Tned and your timing just amazing. I mean I was driving all day and didn't know the site was down.....:lol:

Plus dang can you imagine if it happened on opening game day like it has been for the last 6 years????????

Thank you so much for everything you have done for us the last 6 years. It's so great to have a place to keep up with the team where ever I am. When I got home yesterday I did notice a couple of things off but it's all back to normal now for me. Thank you again!!!

PatriotsGuy
09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks Tned, now can you do something about all the Bronco fans that post here?