PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore' hit was killer

Army Bronco
09-06-2013, 11:37 PM
I haven't seen much mentioned but I think its worth talking about. Moore's hit was awesome and can get receivers thinking. In one of the Moore's rookie pre season games, he rocked a guy and had a flag called. This dude can hit. I'm thinking he can be an Atwater type player if he continues. Hits like that can set a trend on a team. I'm excited to see how it goes. Thoughts?

Pudge
09-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Your a brave man making this thread. He is kind of a villain around here :lol:

Davii
09-06-2013, 11:43 PM
He brought it last night. In today's NFL that's probably the best a hit can get.

Army Bronco
09-06-2013, 11:44 PM
I was mad in the PO game too but ****....every Bronco fan had Atwater flash backs with that hit. And from what I could tell he didn't undercut a route this game. Gotta give credit to where its due.

Jsteve01
09-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Funny thing is hes a student of the game . He knows bronco history and how much our physical safeties have meant to us. when he was drafted the rap on him was lack of physical play. I think hes changing that.

Army Bronco
09-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Funny thing is hes a student of the game . He knows bronco history and how much our physical safeties have meant to us. when he was drafted the rap on him was lack of physical play. I think hes changing that.And I'm hoping Nacho plays like ole DS 49. Gents , we are back in orange, three amigos and possibly a Smith, Atwater like combo!!!

Dzone
09-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Rahim and Duke could be the best pair of safeties in the NFL

Pudge
09-06-2013, 11:55 PM
I was mad in the PO game too but ****....every Bronco fan had Atwater flash backs with that hit. And from what I could tell he didn't undercut a route this game. Gotta give credit to where its due.

Who wasn't pissed off, but you can't hold a grudge forever. I actually like him and hope his game continues to improve

Army Bronco
09-06-2013, 11:59 PM

Who wasn't pissed off, but you can't hold a grudge forever. I actually like him and hope his game continues to improveI agree 100%. Remember after Elways Drive part II, he lost us the AFCC with an INT to the Bills? He finally got his rings.

sneakers
09-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Has he been fined yet?

DenBronx
09-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Everyone blames Rahim for that playoff loss. It was a total team loss.

Many forget that he actually played very well the whole year last year....you dont give up on a guy for ONE bad play.

Champ gave up more plays that game...in fact he got abused. But do we give up on Champ?? No we don't because we know he can do it. Manning threw an INT at the worse time. McCoy played scared at the end. Prater missed a crucial field goal. Dume provided no QB pressure.

If anything, I am proud of Rahim for not losing confidence in himself and wanting to prove he is much better than people realize. We have a really good DB core of guys.

It wasn't our day and wasnt our year last year. Maybe this year is the year.

dogfish
09-07-2013, 01:03 AM
hell of a hit. . . can we slow our roll just a little on the atwater comparisons, though?

:laugh:

Who wasn't pissed off, but you can't hold a grudge forever.

Oh yea? Try me!

- Sincerely, Buff

Army Bronco
09-07-2013, 01:14 AM
hell of a hit. . . can we slow our roll just a little on the atwater comparisons, though?

:laugh:

Who wasn't pissed off, but you can't hold a grudge forever.

Oh yea? Try me!

- Sincerely, BuffIts more wishful thinking on my part with the comparisons.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Secondary played well for the most part, however...
the ravens dropped alot of balls

Magnificent Seven
09-07-2013, 02:33 AM
http://youtu.be/6pE7t550Ko0

Army Bronco
09-07-2013, 02:48 AM
http://youtu.be/6pE7t550Ko0Hey, since I get on these forums on my phone I can't see any of these videos. What is it of?

Joker56
09-07-2013, 02:56 AM
It is the hit by Rahim on Clark

Magnificent Seven
09-07-2013, 03:16 AM
Hey, since I get on these forums on my phone I can't see any of these videos. What is it of?

A video of Moore's hit on Dallas Clark.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Rahim and Duke could be the best pair of safeties in the NFL

"Could" being the key word. Both are doing a very good job tackling and hitting when they need to, but in today's NFL your safeties have to be able to cover TEs and play centerfield.

The Ravens and maybe the Chiefs are the only real run oriented teams we face all year. Having them play well in run support is great and the big hit over the middle is exciting but it's ticky tack on whether you'll get flagged. Other ref crews would've flagged that hit. Both guys need to get better in coverage both man and zone before they'll be close to "the best". There were too many receivers running wide open vs Baltimore to think they are there yet.

Nomad
09-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Moore 'John Lynched' Clark. Dallas Clark hates the BRONCO safeties:lol:

BroncoNut
Secondary played well for the most part, however...
the ravens dropped alot of balls

very fair point. Dallas Clark, more lack phallis lark

TXBRONC
He brought it last night. In today's NFL that's probably the best a hit can get.

I would imagine Dallas Clark was laying on the ground thinking "damn I'm to old for this shit."

Nomad
09-07-2013, 07:13 AM
In college, this would be considered targeting and ejection:rolleyes:

gregbroncs
09-07-2013, 08:05 AM
"Could" being the key word. Both are doing a very good job tackling and hitting when they need to, but in today's NFL your safeties have to be able to cover TEs and play centerfield.

The Ravens and maybe the Chiefs are the only real run oriented teams we face all year. Having them play well in run support is great and the big hit over the middle is exciting but it's ticky tack on whether you'll get flagged. Other ref crews would've flagged that hit. Both guys need to get better in coverage both man and zone before they'll be close to "the best". There were too many receivers running wide open vs Baltimore to think they are there yet.Any ref who flags that hit is an idiot. It was 100% legal and the way they want it done now. Receiver had the ball, he hit with his shoulder nowhere near the head of the receiver. If that was flagged then they might as well play flag football.

Joel
09-07-2013, 08:45 AM
I haven't seen much mentioned but I think its worth talking about. Moore's hit was awesome and can get receivers thinking. In one of the Moore's rookie pre season games, he rocked a guy and had a flag called. This dude can hit. I'm thinking he can be an Atwater type player if he continues. Hits like that can set a trend on a team. I'm excited to see how it goes. Thoughts?
My thought remains that I wish safeties quit trying to be the next John Lynch or Steve Atwater and focused on playing centerfield shagging flies. They're not called "free safeties" because big hits secure wins; big hits are secondary in the secondary, especially since the NFL has made it much harder to just allow the catch then separate receivers from the ball/their head. So, yeah, nice hit, but coverage comes first; if he wants to make big hits he should gain 40-50 lbs. and move to SLB.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2013, 09:23 AM
I thought the same thing, AB. It certainly brought flashbacks of our former great safeties.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Big hittting safeties are good for run support, and you NEED safeties in run support. Not to mention, a hard hitting safety is agressive, and makes WRs have those shorter arms. In a passing league, you need every advantage you can get since every rule is in favor of the offense. Since a safety initially starts BEHIND the receiver and the ball, he's not exactly going to get in front of the shorter passes in the middle. He HAS to make big hits on those. Otherwise, the WRs and TEs simply have field pastures to run through.

Slick
09-07-2013, 10:15 AM
http://youtu.be/6pE7t550Ko0

My thought remains that I wish safeties quit trying to be the next John Lynch or Steve Atwater and focused on playing centerfield shagging flies. They're not called "free safeties" because big hits secure wins; big hits are secondary in the secondary, especially since the NFL has made it much harder to just allow the catch then separate receivers from the ball/their head. So, yeah, nice hit, but coverage comes first; if he wants to make big hits he should gain 40-50 lbs. and move to SLB.

Take another look at the play. It looks like the secondary is playing zone and Rahim is where he is supposed to be. Clark found a soft spot in the zone and Rahim timed it perfectly with a textbook hit. I don't know how you could expect anything more from him on that play.

I was as hard on Rahim as anyone here after last year, but he made an outstanding play there, which prevented a 3rd down conversion.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-07-2013, 10:34 AM

The Ravens and maybe the Chiefs are the only real run oriented teams we face all year. Having them play well in run support is great and the big hit over the middle is exciting but it's ticky tack on whether you'll get flagged. Other ref crews would've flagged that hit. Both guys need to get better in coverage both man and zone before they'll be close to "the best". There were too many receivers running wide open vs Baltimore to think they are there yet.Any ref who flags that hit is an idiot. It was 100% legal and the way they want it done now. Receiver had the ball, he hit with his shoulder nowhere near the head of the receiver. If that was flagged then they might as well play flag football.

Not going to argue that, I totally agree but in bang bang plays like that especially if there's a big "pop" they can invoke the defenseless receiver rule. Had both of Clark's feet not clearly touched the ground before the hit, I think they'd have flagged it. Not that it's right, it's the pussification of the league.

chazoe60
09-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Yep, that was an awesome hit.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Not going to argue that, I totally agree but in bang bang plays like that especially if there's a big "pop" they can invoke the defenseless receiver rule. Had both of Clark's feet not clearly touched the ground before the hit, I think they'd have flagged it. Not that it's right, it's the pussification of the league.

Shouldn't have since he went with shoulder to the BODY,and not up high.

Nomad
09-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Take another look at the play. It looks like the secondary is playing zone and Rahim is where he is supposed to be. Clark found a soft spot in the zone and Rahim timed it perfectly with a textbook hit. I don't know how you could expect anything more from him on that play.

I was as hard on Rahim as anyone here after last year, but he made an outstanding play there, which prevented a 3rd down conversion.

chazoe and slim have to buy his jersey now!:lol:

chazoe60
09-08-2013, 08:06 PM
chazoe and slim have to buy his jersey now!:lol:

Not a bad idea Nomad, it would ensure that this is his last year as a Bronco. ;)

WTE
09-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Not a bad idea Nomad, it would ensure that this is his last year as a Bronco. ;)

I thought you had nothing but nice things to say about Rahim?

chazoe60
09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I thought you had nothing but nice things to say about Rahim?

You see, that was a joke. Now pull your head out of your ass!

Nomad
09-08-2013, 08:15 PM

:lol: I can feel the love.

chazoe60
09-08-2013, 08:17 PM
:lol: I can feel the love.

Actually I really liked his game Thursday. That hit was as good as it's allowed to get via current NFl rules.

WTE
09-08-2013, 08:20 PM
You see, that was a joke. Now pull your head out of your ass!

OK, I get it. You still hate Rahim Moore.

I don't hate any members of the Patriots.

But you keep hating Chazoe and I will keep loving!

I am very loveable!

Joel
09-08-2013, 09:57 PM

I honestly can't tell from NBCs cameras; it looked like he might have been playing off a bit, but even if that's so I'd rather he keep the play in front of him than let it get behind him. The hit was solid, no complaints there: It's just that coverage is top priority for me with safeties, because when they allow catches it's frequently deep and often for a conversion or TD. If we always knock it down we'll never need big hits. ;)

spikerman
09-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, from an officiating point of view, I hope this puts to rest the argument that you can't hit receivers any more. Of course you can, you just can't hit them in the head or neck area. That was a perfectly legal, hard hit on a "defenseless" receiver.

Simple Jaded
09-08-2013, 10:25 PM
I think Mike Adams had a nice play to break up a pass too, the S's all played well, imo.

Nomad
09-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Well, from an officiating point of view, I hope this puts to rest the argument that you can't hit receivers any more. Of course you can, you just can't hit them in the head or neck area. That was a perfectly legal, hard hit on a "defenseless" receiver.

I listened to that Ref (Mike P) on Fox yesterday and he said, 'don't be surprised if they don't make it illegal to hit at the knees and below' or something to that nature. Basically, the target area will be between the thighs and numbers.

BTW, spiker, our refs up here in AK suck. We need some quality guys.....you interested:lol:!

broncohead
09-09-2013, 06:03 PM
I honestly can't tell from NBCs cameras; it looked like he might have been playing off a bit, but even if that's so I'd rather he keep the play in front of him than let it get behind him. The hit was solid, no complaints there: It's just that coverage is top priority for me with safeties, because when they allow catches it's frequently deep and often for a conversion or TD. If we always knock it down we'll never need big hits. ;)

Hits like that make receivers scared to go up and get a ball. A pass deflection is a good play but when making a players scared to run the same route or in the same direction as the player who hit them will make them think twice. Remember when Lynch came to town?

spikerman
09-09-2013, 09:05 PM
I listened to that Ref (Mike P) on Fox yesterday and he said, 'don't be surprised if they don't make it illegal to hit at the knees and below' or something to that nature. Basically, the target area will be between the thighs and numbers.

BTW, spiker, our refs up here in AK suck. We need some quality guys.....you interested:lol:!

I don't know if I'm good enough but I would love to live in Alaska!

Pudge
09-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Me too, Alaska is awesome! Would your secret job let you live in Alaska?

zbeg
09-10-2013, 02:15 AM

I don't know how good Atwater would be in the league today, same goes for Dennis Smith or John Lynch. The headhunting safeties would get fined and subsequently suspended into oblivion today. Atwater was just okay in coverage, but his ability to deliver the big (and now illegal) hit made receivers think twice before going over the middle. I'm sure he'd be a solid starter, but maybe not an 8x pro-bowler or whatever he was.

The position's changed.

Joel
09-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Hits like that make receivers scared to go up and get a ball. A pass deflection is a good play but when making a players scared to run the same route or in the same direction as the player who hit them will make them think twice. Remember when Lynch came to town?
Intimidation is great, and still possible, but more difficult and risky now because of this:

I don't know how good Atwater would be in the league today, same goes for Dennis Smith or John Lynch. The headhunting safeties would get fined and subsequently suspended into oblivion today. Atwater was just okay in coverage, but his ability to deliver the big (and now illegal) hit made receivers think twice before going over the middle. I'm sure he'd be a solid starter, but maybe not an 8x pro-bowler or whatever he was.

The position's changed.
The big thing guys like Lynch and Atwater brought was creaming guys like the Nigerian Nightmare; he practically vanished after Atwater nailed him on national TV. In the passing game though that's just a throwback to the pre-seventies era when pass defense mainly consisted of clocking receivers when the ball was thrown, and "getting open" included getting enough separation to prevent that. That doesn't fly anymore; since 1974, DBs must actually cover receivers, not just clobber them, and the league continues moving in that direction, hence the horsecollar ban that transformed Roy Williams from an elite safety to nobody.

Traveler
09-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Anyone else think the flag on Moore's hit was a bullshit call? Come to think of it, there were several calls made in the Giants game that were extremely questionable. Glad to see they had little effect on the game.

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 08:29 AM
The Moore call was bullshit, but I think that's one we just have to get over. The refs are going to flag a close play like that every time, and there is nothing that will change about it. It's obvious in slow-mo it was a bad call, but at full speed you really couldn't tell.

gregbroncs
09-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Anyone else think the flag on Moore's hit was a bullshit call? Come to think of it, there were several calls made in the Giants game that were extremely questionable. Glad to see they had little effect on the game.Some of them had a huge effect on the game. The PI on DRC in the end zone was complete BS. That was a stop and they scored a TD because of that call.

Mike
09-16-2013, 08:40 AM
The Moore call was bullshit, but I think that's one we just have to get over. The refs are going to flag a close play like that every time, and there is nothing that will change about it. It's obvious in slow-mo it was a bad call, but at full speed you really couldn't tell.

I wish they would allow it and PI to be reviewable calls. If PI can't be reviewable then they should go back to the 15 yard penalty instead of spot foul.

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 08:42 AM
I wish they would allow it and PI to be reviewable calls. If PI can't be reviewable then they should go back to the 15 yard penalty instead of spot foul.

PI is so subjective it's hard to make that reviewable, but I agree on the helmet to helmet hits. You could see pretty definitively on the replay that he didn't lead with his helmet.

TXBRONC
09-16-2013, 08:48 AM

It would slow the game down way to much. Doesn't the League review the play before assessing a fine? If they do I can see how they could justify fining him because his hit on the Giants' receiver was clean.

claymore
09-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Anyone else think the flag on Moore's hit was a bullshit call? Come to think of it, there were several calls made in the Giants game that were extremely questionable. Glad to see they had little effect on the game.

They had it out for us. I couldnt believe the one sided calls. Our corners seem to be pretty aggressive this year, but there was similar contact by the Giants DB's that did not get the calls.

VonDoom
09-16-2013, 09:20 AM
I think we can all agree that the officiating was terrible and one-sided. Every time the ball was in the air, there was a PI call on the Broncos. Meanwhile, Decker gets raped by Prince early on and there was no call. NFL mandate to have close games on national TV?

P34flyboy
09-16-2013, 09:28 AM

I completely agree. Hit him right in the shoulder. The only way to not get a flag is to let him catch it and run to the endzone for a TD. I feel for defensive players. If he is fined for that hit, we need to start a petition and send it to King Goodell.

topscribe
09-16-2013, 10:27 AM
I could tell. I went ballistic when they threw the flag, and the replay hadn't been shown yet.
To me, it was obvious. :shrugs:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-16-2013, 10:31 AM

I wish they would allow it and PI to be reviewable calls. If PI can't be reviewable then they should go back to the 15 yard penalty instead of spot foul..

IMO, it should be a 15 yd penalty anyway. It's one of the worst rules in the NFL. Even a wide open receiver still has to catch the damned ball which is by no means a guarantee (see also, Eric Decker). Why give up all that yardage or place the ball at the 1 yd line if there's no guarantee the WR was gonna catch it anyway. 15 yds and an auto first down is more than sufficient for a non guaranteed play. How many uncontested drops do you see a game?

I can illegally destroy your QB or helmet to helmet a WR and knock him out of the game and only get 15 yards. I hate the spot foul rule. How many teams get lucky breaks based on questionable PI calls? It completely changes games. The DRC PI was proof. There's no way the WR could've gotten to that ball even if DRC had not hooked the WR. It was way behind the WR and he hadn't even gotten his head around. Calls like that can tilt a game more than any other.

Northman
09-16-2013, 10:33 AM

The position's changed.

Agreed.

In today's NFL the Atwaters and Lynch's would be fined and suspended quite a bit. We had already seen some of that towards the end of Lynch's career before he retired.

Army Bronco
09-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I understand they want the game to be safer but I love watching those big hits and it gets a Defense excited.

CoachChaz
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM

IMO, it should be a 15 yd penalty anyway. It's one of the worst rules in the NFL. Even a wide open receiver still has to catch the damned ball which is by no means a guarantee (see also, Eric Decker). Why give up all that yardage or place the ball at the 1 yd line if there's no guarantee the WR was gonna catch it anyway. 15 yds and an auto first down is more than sufficient for a non guaranteed play. How many uncontested drops do you see a game?

I can illegally destroy your QB or helmet to helmet a WR and knock him out of the game and only get 15 yards. I hate the spot foul rule. How many teams get lucky breaks based on questionable PI calls? It completely changes games. The DRC PI was proof. There's no way the WR could've gotten to that ball even if DRC had not hooked the WR. It was way behind the WR and he hadn't even gotten his head around. Calls like that can tilt a game more than any other.

I can get behind that rule on plays over 15 yards...but I'd have a hard time giving up 15 yards for a PI on a 5 yard slant. Any rule change would have to be modified in order to work.

Traveler
09-16-2013, 12:59 PM
I think we can all agree that the officiating was terrible and one-sided. Every time the ball was in the air, there was a PI call on the Broncos. Meanwhile, Decker gets raped by Prince early on and there was no call. NFL mandate to have close games on national TV?

Rarely do I yell at the television during a game, but you could see pretty clearly that Prince or whomever the CB was had Decker's jersey. If he makes that catch, it's another TD. I was yelling so loudly, I scared my 2 year old son so badly he wouldn't let me pick him up to comfort him.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-16-2013, 03:19 PM

I can get behind that rule on plays over 15 yards...but I'd have a hard time giving up 15 yards for a PI on a 5 yard slant. Any rule change would have to be modified in order to work.

I completely agree. Should be like college. Spot of the foul out to 15 yds.

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I could tell. I went ballistic when they threw the flag, and the replay hadn't been shown yet.
To me, it was obvious. :shrugs:

Could you tell? Or were you just hopeful because it was a Bronco. I don't see how in the world you could tell at full speed.

topscribe
09-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Could you tell? Or were you just hopeful because it was a Bronco. I don't see how in the world you could tell at full speed.
Maybe I just know how to watch . . . :coffee:

Broncolingus
09-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Shame his (legal) hit yesterday got a BS flag...

...great hit!

BroncoWave
09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Maybe I just know how to watch . . . :coffee:

I'm sorry Top, but I'm calling BS that you 100% knew it was not helmet to helmet at live speed. I think you wanted to believe it wasn't helmet to helmet, then the replay confirmed your belief, so now you "knew it all along".

The announcers and refs all seemed to think it was a foul at live speed. I guess those guys don't know how to watch football.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Rahim was on with Vic tonight - Vic shows two of his hits

Here are the segments, if anyone would like to watch:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9313312-fans-riddle-me-this-with-rahim-moore/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9313300-rahim-moore-on-preparing-for-the-raiders/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9313294-rahim-moore-shows-how-the-nfl-wants-hit-to-be-made/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9313272-rahim-moore-says-peytons-decision-making-is-better-than-elis/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9313221-rahim-moore-has-been-able-to-focus-after-last-years-blunder/

topscribe
09-16-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry Top, but I'm calling BS that you 100% knew it was not helmet to helmet at live speed. I think you wanted to believe it wasn't helmet to helmet, then the replay confirmed your belief, so now you "knew it all along".

The announcers and refs all seemed to think it was a foul at live speed. I guess those guys don't know how to watch football.
Okay, why don't you just say it? I'm a liar because I could see what you couldn't.

Don't tell me what I saw. Just tell me what YOU saw.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Here are the two hits by Rahim that Vic showed - one against Balt. Thursday night, and one against the Giants yesterday

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9313294-rahim-moore-shows-how-the-nfl-wants-hit-to-be-made/

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Okay, why don't you just say it? I'm a liar because I could see what you couldn't.

I don't think you're lying. I think you think you saw it live. I just think you just have confirmation bias here. That's all.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Rahim has been playing good ball so far this year.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 08:26 AM

It looked like legal to me from the very beginning. All the replay did was confirm what I already thought was a bad call.

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 08:34 AM
I must not know how to watch football then, because I just watched the play again at full speed about 5 times and even knowing what the replays showed, I still couldn't tell 100% that it wasn't a head to head hit at full speed. The only way you can tell their helmets didn't hit is on the reverse angle where you can see the space between their helmets. From the regular camera angle, it is impossible to tell.

BroncoJoe
09-17-2013, 08:41 AM
I must not know how to watch football then, because I just watched the play again at full speed about 5 times and even knowing what the replays showed, I still couldn't tell 100% that it wasn't a head to head hit at full speed. The only way you can tell their helmets didn't hit is on the reverse angle where you can see the space between their helmets. From the regular camera angle, it is impossible to tell.

I thought you turned over a new leaf. Why argue this?

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 10:16 AM

:whoknows:

Army Bronco
09-17-2013, 11:38 AM
I must not know how to watch football then, because I just watched the play again at full speed about 5 times and even knowing what the replays showed, I still couldn't tell 100% that it wasn't a head to head hit at full speed. The only way you can tell their helmets didn't hit is on the reverse angle where you can see the space between their helmets. From the regular camera angle, it is impossible to tell.I could tell at full speed it was legal. Anytime a Broncos player hits another teams player, it's legal. Anytime a receiver on the Broncos drops a pass with a defender on him, it's a PI. If they touch PFM after a throw its always a roughing the passer. That's just how it is for me. I'm not biased or anything.

broncohead
09-17-2013, 12:45 PM
the hit looked fine to me at full speed. The refs prob threw the flag cause of the whip lash and assumed it must have been striking to the head.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 03:04 PM
the hit looked fine to me at full speed. The refs prob threw the flag cause of the whip lash and assumed it must have been striking to the head.

That makes sense but hopefully when looks at it they'll see it differently.

broncohead
09-17-2013, 03:06 PM
That makes sense but hopefully when looks at it they'll see it differently.

Hopefully he doesnt get fined just because a ref penalized him.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 03:09 PM

That crossed my mind that could still fine even though it was bad call.

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 03:12 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize my turning over a new leaf meant I wasn't allowed to argue certain topics. My mistake!

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM

I don't think a penalty guarantees a fine. I seem to remember incidents where a player was penalized but not fined upon league review of the play. I could be wrong though. I would hope he isn't fined, because when seeing the replay in slow mo it sure looked legal.

BroncoJoe
09-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize my turning over a new leaf meant I wasn't allowed to argue certain topics. My mistake!

Just a curious thing to argue - whether or not someone saw something.

Carry on, BTB.

TXBRONC
09-17-2013, 04:10 PM

Carry on, BTB.

Others have said they saw the same thing Top did.

BroncoWave
09-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Carry on, BTB.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, Joe. Don't know where I'd be without you!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2013, 07:37 PM
from article:

We actually should highlight and celebrate the hit by Moore on Sunday, which was very similar to the blow he delivered to Ravens tight end Dallas Clark in the Thursday night kickoff game. It is a physical sport. It always has been and always will be. Trumpeting examples of how to do it the right way are 10 times as valuable as showing more clips of what not to do.

The thing is, the NFL knows this. In fact, the league sent out an email on Friday afternoon from NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino that showed several tough, physical and legal hits" from Kickoff Weekend, and the hit by Moore on Clark was the last and best example they gave. Yet, there we were, almost 48 hours later, and Moore was being penalized for basically the exact same hit in a game that was watched by more people than Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

full article - and video showing that Rahim hit nothing more than Nick's shoulder pad

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-09-17/nfl-penalties-flags-legal-hits-rahim-moore-nicks-clinton-dix-confusion

NightTerror218
09-17-2013, 11:53 PM
The way I know his hit was clean on Sunday....NFL has not fined him for it.

MOtorboat
09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
The way I know his hit was clean on Sunday....NFL has not fined him for it.

It's only Tuesday. Fines usually leak on Wednesday and a few didn't leak until Friday last week.

spikerman
09-18-2013, 06:21 AM
He won't be fined. The replay showed the hit to be legal.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 4h

After league took a look ... #Broncos S Rahim Moore was NOT fined for hit on Hakeem Nicks Sunday...was penalized for 15 yards on play.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2013, 05:53 PM

After league took a look ... #Broncos S Rahim Moore was NOT fined for hit on Hakeem Nicks Sunday...was penalized for 15 yards on play.

That was about as textbook as they are looking to have. Had they given that fine, then they would continue to show the extent of they hypocrisy that has taken over the NFL and their "safety is important" mantra.

Army Bronco
09-20-2013, 05:55 PM

After league took a look ... #Broncos S Rahim Moore was NOT fined for hit on Hakeem Nicks Sunday...was penalized for 15 yards on play. Nice! I hope Rahim keeps bringing it.

topscribe
09-20-2013, 06:20 PM

Well, what'ya know? Did a little spark of sanity somehow creep into the league office? :look:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2013, 09:43 PM
It's a shame that something like this could not be instantly challenged. Errors like this - 15 yd. penalty for a LEGAL hit, could affect the outcome of the game.

TXBRONC
09-20-2013, 10:34 PM

I didn't think the League would fine him.

wayninja
09-21-2013, 12:38 AM
He won't be fined. The replay showed the hit to be legal.

Then naturally, the ref should be fined.

gregbroncs
09-21-2013, 08:28 AM
It's a shame that something like this could not be instantly challenged. Errors like this - 15 yd. penalty for a LEGAL hit, could affect the outcome of the game.

This. Personal fouls and Pass Interference calls effect the outcome of a game about as much as most challengeable plays. They are also far easier to see and judge on camera than at full speed. I think both of those things would be reasonable to review.

BroncoWave
09-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Then naturally, the ref should be fined.

Why? If you fined a ref every time he made a mistake, every ref would get fined every week. It's impossible to do that job perfectly.

wayninja
09-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Why? If you fined a ref every time he made a mistake, every ref would get fined every week. It's impossible to do that job perfectly.

Same is true for players, only they get fined...

Having said that, my post was pretty tongue-in-cheek...