PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things We Learned from Broncos Win over the Ravens - Cecil Lammey

DenBronx
09-06-2013, 03:32 PM
A lightning storm delayed the start of the NFL season, as fans were forced to wait 33 extra minutes before they got to see the game begin. It turned out to be quite fitting, because when the game finally kicked off, we saw an electric Broncos offense led by Peyton Manning.

It was a record-setting night for the Broncos, as Manning threw seven touchdowns against the Baltimore Ravens. He was simply on fire in the second half, and the Ravens' defense had no answer for the future Hall of Fame quarterback.

The Ravens' 49-27 loss to the Broncos was the worst by a defending Super Bowl champion in a season opener in NFL history.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1763505-10-things-we-learned-from-broncos-win-over-the-ravens#/articles/1763505-10-things-we-learned-from-broncos-win-over-the-ravens

Chef Zambini
09-07-2013, 12:48 AM
we learned the ravens miss ed reed and anquan bolden.
and hopefully all the broncos learned that acting like a stoopid punk can diminish anything good you did up to that point.

Spartan
09-07-2013, 10:23 AM
As exulting a feeling it was the pound the Ravens, of all teams, amid a marquee backdrop no less, let's not allow Peyton's virtuoso night obscure the fact they couldn't run effectively. Now, the coaches know more than we, and every game has its independent merits. I think it's safe to state that as the action unfolded, a balanced attack was not prioritized over what Peyton could do this great night with his receiving corps (let the cognomen of 'Orange Julius' begin!). I retorted to my fellow 49er fans who opined 'he can't do that to us' with 'oh yes he can' (not 7 TDs in the air, almost surely); the 49ers can probably stuff the run and pass the QB as well as any other team, but they, too, can be exploited in their secondary - and it need not be against only an average or worse defense in which Peyton can get the ball off with celerity and results. I just hope we don't get into a phase where too much of a disparity between the run and pass can be a liability against opposing coaches who may target this. Remember the late 90s with Elway and Davis? That was an awesome balance of effective pass-run ratio. But that was then. We have half of that back, and so long as the other can be a decent supplement, I don't want to worry too much. Wins can come in various ways...

Remember the goal - a date on February 2 in New York with the NFC champion (the 49ers, just perhaps; I live in New York, and my two favorite teams meeting here on football's ultimate stage, well... better not get too ahead of myself. But, boy, it is sooo tantalizing :proud:)

James :)

Chef Zambini
09-07-2013, 10:38 AM
nice post spartan, very nice indeed.

but, I feel compelled to point out one imperical stat...
we, the broncos, outrushed our opponent!
and our opponent was RAY freakin Rice and the ravens run D.
Not bad for a trio of RBs where running the ball is actually the THIRD priority.