PDA

View Full Version : Joe Kapp flattered by Peyton Manning's mention

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Former Minnesota Vikings and Canadian Football League quarterback Joe Kapp doesn't get much attention these days.

So at age 75, the throwback quarterback was flattered to get a Thursday night shout-out from Peyton Manning after the Denver Broncos quarterback tied Kapp's record with seven touchdown passes in a game.

"I've been kind of dead for quite a while, been in the classified section of the newspaper lately. All my pals, both of them, called,'' Kapp joked to USA TODAY Sports from his California home Friday.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/09/06/peyton-manning-joe-kapp-seven-touchdowns-baltimore/2777325/

Broncolingus
09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
I saw the tape last year or the year before...

"...All my pals, both of them, called..."

I like this dude!

OrangeHoof
09-06-2013, 08:15 PM
As pass-happy as the league has become, it was incredible to me that Kapp was the last QB to do it. Fouts never did it? Drew Brees? Brett Favre? Tom Brady? Manning himself?

The irony is that Kapp was a poor quarterback with regards to mechanics but was one of those tough guys who won with his anything-to-win gutsy style. Kapp was, in some ways, the Tim Tebow of his day. You'd think a guy like Sonny Jurgensen or Johnny Unitas would be the guy who would own that sort of record, not Kapp.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Kapp threw passes that went end over end.
The T.T comparison is great!
otto graham and dan fouts, my 2 most likely candidates

Canmore
09-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Kapp threw passes that went end over end.
The T.T comparison is great!
otto graham and dan fouts, my 2 most likely candidates

They wobbled, but they didn't go end over end.