PDA

View Full Version : Manning fires seven TD passes as Broncos crush Ravens

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2013, 11:22 AM
DENVER — Peyton Manning threw touchdowns in bunches Thursday night. First, a pair to tight end Julius Thomas. A quick strike to Andre Caldwell.

His new slot receiver Wes Welker got a couple, and Demaryius Thomas got two also, including an 80-yard catch-and-run to earn Manning yet another place in NFL quarterbacking history.

With that final touchdown in Denver's 49-27 win against the Baltimore Ravens, Manning became the sixth quarterback in NFL history to throw seven touchdowns in a single game.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/09/06/peyton-manning-broncos-ravens/2774599/

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 11:39 AM
i was walking to work this morning thinking it's easy to forget how lucky broncos fans are - having two of the best QBs ever play for the team. it's easy to take it for granted.

G_Money
09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure how many fans are taking it for granted. After Elway we watched Brister, Griese, Plummer, Orton, Quinn, Tebow... It's not like we went from Elway to Manning like the Packers with Favre/Rodgers or Indy with Manning/Luck. I'm very grateful to have a few years of HOF quarterbacking again after the slow morass we'd sunk into since John's retirement.

Never takin' that for granted.

~G

Dapper Dan
09-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Since I didn't watch much football until the early 2000s, it's nice to see one of the greatest QBs of all time leading the Broncos and it not be on ESPN Classic.