PDA

View Full Version : John Harbaugh: I never saw replay of Wes Welker drop

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2013, 10:46 AM
from article:

"This is the first I've heard of it," Harbaugh said after the game, per the Baltimore Sun. "That's something you have to see. It would be nice if NBC would show it, but we didn't have a chance to look at it."

It's patently untrue to say NBC didn't replay the drop. Immediately after the play ended, the station aired the replay clearly showing it slip through Welker's hands. The bigger issue for Harbaugh was that by the time the replay ended, Manning already had his team at the line ready to snap the ball.

By our count, Welker "caught" the ball at 14:08 and Manning snapped the ball as the clock turned to 13:44 -- 24 seconds. More importantly, the ball was snapped about five seconds after the replay ended, so it's possible the Ravens staff wasn't quick enough to call down to the field.

Harbaugh can blame NBC if he wants. In truth, this play exemplified how masterfully Manning orchestrated the game.

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000239107/article/john-harbaugh-i-never-saw-replay-of-wes-welker-drop

Buff
09-06-2013, 10:53 AM
How is that even possible? The national television broadcast was all over it. You'd think at minimum they'd have someone monitoring that.

Dapper Dan
Damn. Mr. Kevin Patra, Around the League writer, just laid it out.

Dapper Dan
How is that even possible? The national television broadcast was all over it. You'd think at minimum they'd have someone monitoring that.

I need to know what Ray Lewis thinks about it.

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
This is a joke. You could tell in Harbaugh's voice he f'd up and didn't have the stones to admit it. He was mentally drained after the game (he had a reason to be) and probably couldn't take anymore humiliation. They had plenty of time to see the replay and throw the flag. And I will not place all the blame on Harbaugh because there must have been some issues with the booth as well.

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
I was wondering what took Manning so long to get the damned ball snapped so that we didnt' give a chance for replay. Seemed like it was taking forever.

zbeg
09-06-2013, 11:28 AM

He's still mad because he thinks the lightning delay is an NFL conspiracy.

Northman
09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Thats crap. Im sure it got thrown up on the big screen and i know the guys in the booth who call down to them see this stuff. Either way, their mishap and our benefit so F them.

vandammage13
09-06-2013, 11:58 AM
at the time it was huge...but given how the Broncos offense was beginning to click I'm not so sure that play would have made much of a difference on the outcome when all was said and done.

Might have resulted in 5 or 6 Manning TD's instead of 7...The Dallas Clark TD drop right before the half was more detrimental to the Ravens chances than the no-challenge was IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2013, 12:27 PM

I am sure that he would say that the Broncos' cut off communication from the Ravens' staff up in the booth to Harbaugh

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2013, 12:29 PM
at the time it was huge...but given how the Broncos offense was beginning to click I'm not so sure that play would have made much of a difference on the outcome when all was said and done.

Might have resulted in 5 or 6 Manning TD's instead of 7...The Dallas Clark TD drop right before the half was more detrimental to the Ravens chances than the no-challenge was IMO.

Exactly - that is why I questioned, in the game day thread, why the announcers kept mentioning it, why they kept saying it was the turning point in the game. It was not like there was 2 mins. left in the game, with the Ravens trailing by 3 points. There was plenty of time left in the game.

MasterShake
09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Well no-calls are a part of the game. Like Decker getting mugged last year for the INT return, etc. Losers make excuses, winners point to the scoreboard.

Dapper Dan
09-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I am sure that he would say that the Broncos' cut off communication from the Ravens' staff up in the booth to Harbaugh

Ray Lewis pun. I see what you did there.

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 01:41 PM
I was wondering what took Manning so long to get the damned ball snapped so that we didnt' give a chance for replay. Seemed like it was taking forever.

It did seem like it was taking forever. Guess it wasn't that way on the Ravens side

Nomad
09-06-2013, 03:31 PM

This seems to be the word of the day by the talking heads. It seems the Ravens lacked communication all around from players to coaches.

DenBronx
09-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Everyone watching the game clearly saw it.....someone is lying.

Poet
09-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Thats crap. Im sure it got thrown up on the big screen and i know the guys in the booth who call down to them see this stuff. Either way, their mishap and our benefit so F them.

Most home teams don't put plays like that. It's part of the home field advantage and is totally legal. As far as him not seeing it on his end, that's on him. Teams put guys up in the booth for just that reason.

DenBronx
09-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Most home teams don't put plays like that. It's part of the home field advantage and is totally legal. As far as him not seeing it on his end, that's on him. Teams put guys up in the booth for just that reason.

Just finishing up hard knocks.....the bengals look legit man. I think you guys win the division. Your RB looks like the next MJD.

Nomad
09-06-2013, 03:45 PM

I'm sure the rule will be changed now...all plays to be replayed on Jumbotron. It'll be called the John Harbaugh Rule:lol:

Poet
09-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm sure the rule will be changed now...all plays to be replayed on Jumbotron. It'll be called the John Harbaugh Rule:lol:

That rule would be silly. Homefield advantage is sacred in the NFL.

Broncolingus
09-06-2013, 03:54 PM
John Harbaugh: I never saw replay of Wes Welker drop

Collinsworth and Michaels each swallowed a gallon of each others jizz pointing out it was incomplete a dozen times before Denver ran another play...

...and everyone on the entire planet saw it a dozen times too...

What were your coaches upstairs doing, Johnny?

Hint - start there...

gregbroncs
09-06-2013, 04:08 PM
It did seem like it was taking forever. Guess it wasn't that way on the Ravens sideYes it did. I was chanting at the screen, snap it, snap it, snap it, snapitsnapitsnapit, SNAPIT!

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes it did. I was chanting at the screen, snap it, snap it, snap it, snapitsnapitsnapit, SNAPIT!

As was I!

Mr Bojangles
09-06-2013, 05:11 PM
from article:

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000239107/article/john-harbaugh-i-never-saw-replay-of-wes-welker-drop

I thought, watching the closeups of Harbaugh over the nest 10 minutes as the game was quickly getting out of hand, he looked liked the guy who swallowed the canary. His face seemed to say..."Oh, man, did I just .... up". Not surprising that he would then try to lay the blame on NBC. There seemed to be plenty of time to throw the red flag before Manning snapped the ball. If we all saw it prior to that, what was Harbaugh doing?

Mr Bojangles
09-06-2013, 05:14 PM

True, it may not have mattered, but it certainly changed the momentum in a hurry.