PDA

View Full Version : It wasn't Manning last night that won us the game...

Thnikkaman
09-06-2013, 09:37 AM
It was all Elway:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTevVhLCIAAowvW.jpg

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Heard this on Mike and Mike.... not only is the title wrong, but within the article it goes back and forth between Manning and Elway. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn this was written in Korea.

Tned
09-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Yet another example of shoddy reporting and lousy/non-existent proofing/fact checking.

SR
09-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Heard this on Mike and Mike.... not only is the title wrong, but within the article it goes back and forth between Manning and Elway. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn this was written in Korea.

Sum ting Wong?

Dapper Dan
09-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Well that makes more sense.

honz
09-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Never write a newspaper article drunk, I guess, huh?

weazel
09-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Thats what I was thinking

smith49
09-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Sum ting Wong?

Holy shit tis is funny^^^^^

Mr Bojangles
09-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Yet another example of shoddy reporting and lousy/non-existent proofing/fact checking.

Or, the guy proofing it wasn't a football fan...that's pretty obvious.

Buff
09-06-2013, 09:56 AM

Let's not overreact and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:56 AM
So, as expected, I'm guessing the troll rule never got off the ground

jhns
09-06-2013, 09:57 AM
The image didn't load on my phone so I'm just going with the Elway topic.

What he has done with this team is just amazing. He wasn't given much to start with and just doesn't seem to make any bad moves. Elvis leaving is the only thing I can even think of as a negative. As we saw last night, this team has talent from top to bottom. They didn't even miss not having the two best defensive players out there. This offense has so many weapons and wil likely make many defensive coordinators lose sleep. The coaching staff is a great one. Pretty much everything Elway does is a good move for this team. I love this front office. Draft picks and FAs all seem to work out.

This front office took over one of the worst Bronco teams in franchise history just a few years ago. Amazing.

Elway for president!

Thnikkaman
09-06-2013, 10:06 AM

I'd be comfortable if this was moved out of Football talk. Just thought it was amusing.

vandammage13
09-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Is this even real?...If you look at the second column of the article, it is talking about Davone Bess, the Browns, and Dolphins...just doesn't make sense at all.

I'm skeptical.

Thnikkaman
09-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Is this even real?...If you look at the second column of the article, it is talking about Davone Bess, the Browns, and Dolphins...just doesn't make sense at all.

I'm skeptical.

This is your free one. Next time google it yourself.

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/2013/09/06/newspaper-says-john-elway-not-peyton-manning-throws-seven-touchdown-passes-against-ravens/

GEM
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Funny....we haven't had any reports of any trolls. Can't do anything about it if no one finds it a problem...

vandammage13
09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
This is your free one. Next time google it yourself.

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/2013/09/06/newspaper-says-john-elway-not-peyton-manning-throws-seven-touchdown-passes-against-ravens/

Thanks for compensating for my laziness....

I'm still puzzled how the article seems to jump to talking about the Fins and Browns...Its not just the Manning/Elway mix up, the whole thing is f'ed up.

Makes me think it might have been a glitch when they were putting it together or something.

camdisco24
09-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks for compensating for my laziness....

I'm still puzzled how the article seems to jump to talking about the Fins and Browns...Its not just the Manning/Elway mix up, the whole thing is f'ed up.

Makes me think it might have been a glitch when they were putting it together or something.

If I had to guess, this particular newspaper probably sucks at sports, and this article was like bulk NFL write up gone horribly wrong. First column could have been about the game, second about NFL news. It would be pretty horrible if true, but thats just my guess. And people wonder why newspapers are dying...

Northman
09-06-2013, 11:30 AM
The ghost of Elway lives through Manning. And he isnt even dead yet.

Dapper Dan
09-06-2013, 12:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/columbus-dispatch-error-credits-john-elway-not-peyton-144100543--nfl.html

As a former newspaperman myself, I can relate to the sinking feeling that was probably in Ben Marrison's stomach when he saw the mistake he had no way of erasing from the driveways and newspaper boxes of Columbus. It's no fun and it's likely akin to the feeling that Danny Trevathan had when he realized he had dropped the ball one yard before scoring what would have been a defensive touchdown for the Broncos on Friday night.

However, given Elway's villain status in Ohio — yes, "The Drive" in 1987 puts him right up there with Art Modell, Lebron James and Jose Mesa — and it's easy to see how this might have happened.

On the bright side, at least the paper didn't also confuse Joe Flacco for Bernie Kosar.

Cugel
09-06-2013, 01:28 PM
I think it's awesome that John can still throw TDs like that at 53 years of age! I didn't even know he was still playing.

SR
09-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Holy shit tis is funny^^^^^

Do you listen to Bob and Tom on the radio?

Thnikkaman
09-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Do you listen to Bob and Tom on the radio?

I used to, until I developed an unreasonable desire to punch Tom in the face every time I heard his voice.

chazoe60
09-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Did MO write that?