PDA

View Full Version : Let's give Trevathan a break

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 08:02 AM
First of all, he made a really dumb mistake that could have impacted the team in more ways than just a change of possession and a 14 point swing (Woodyard injury). He deserved to get destroyed on the sideline by Del Rio. It almost crashed twitter with comparisons to the butt-fumble (most embarrassing). BUT, it was a great lesson for him and the team. The coaches need to do more about these issues because obviously nobody learned from last year.

59 played a heck of a game and nobody is talking about how he read Flacco like a book and made a great play on the ball for the INT to begin with. Even though the Ravens had a ton of drops. 59 was great on coverage and made some nice tackles. He was all over the field and deserves a break for one dumb move he made, IMHO.

Thnikkaman
09-06-2013, 08:30 AM
First of all, he made a really dumb mistake that could have impacted the team in more ways than just a change of possession and a 14 point swing (Woodyard injury). He deserved to get destroyed on the sideline by Del Rio. It almost crashed twitter with comparisons to the butt-fumble (most embarrassing). BUT, it was a great lesson for him and the team. The coaches need to do more about these issues because obviously nobody learned from last year.

59 played a heck of a game and nobody is talking about how he read Flacco like a book and made a great play on the ball for the INT to begin with. Even though the Ravens had a ton of drops. 59 was great on coverage and made some nice tackles. He was all over the field and deserves a break for one dumb move he made, IMHO.

He gets 1. And no more than 1.

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 08:34 AM
He played a great game and I would be willing to ignore the gaff...if he wasnt out there screaming back at JDR when he was rightfully getting his ass chewed.

broncofaninfla
09-06-2013, 08:37 AM
He played a great game and I would be willing to ignore the gaff...if he wasnt out there screaming back at JDR when he was rightfully getting his ass chewed.

You beat me to it, i was about to type a similar statement. I was floored that he yelled back at JDR when he clearly messed up .

TXBRONC
09-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Yes he did make a really dumb play but also played an excellent game. He got his ass chewed by his defensive coordinator that should be enough.

BigDaddyBronco
09-06-2013, 08:42 AM
I can live with it. It's not like he was an All-Pro veteran who muffed a punt at the five yard line when he shouldn't have fielded it at all.

He played well and I'm looking forward to our LB's when Von gets back. The speed they play with and coverage skills are outstanding.

Bosco
09-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Anybody have a clip of JDR yelling at him?

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 08:45 AM

Not sure if he was yelling back or just agreeing with him that he f'd up. He even said in the locker room after he was selfish and that is not the player he is and he will fix that. Most guys don't take responsibility in this league.

mrbusinesz
09-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Yea he can get a break but he should have also shut his mouth and took it like s man when getting what he deserved on the side line by JDR.

Northman
09-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Reminded me more of Leon lett rather than Sanchez's butt fumble.

mrbusinesz
09-06-2013, 08:56 AM
I dont even know why u would let go of the ball until u get to the back of the endzone. Im glad he sdmitted to being selfish.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2013, 08:57 AM
He had a great game, other than that. He's a stud, and I'm glad he's on our team. We've got some studs at LB.

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Not sure if he was yelling back or just agreeing with him that he f'd up. He even said in the locker room after he was selfish and that is not the player he is and he will fix that. Most guys don't take responsibility in this league.

Watch the video. I dont think I've ever seen anyone "agree" like that

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Watch the video. I dont think I've ever seen anyone "agree" like that

I am only recalling from what I saw live last night. I would find it hard to believe he would yell back saying he didn't mess up lol

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:09 AM
I am only recalling from what I saw live last night. I would find it hard to believe he would yell back saying he didn't mess up lol

At that point, the only thing he should have been saying is "Yes sir, I am an idiot, sir"

VonDoom
09-06-2013, 09:16 AM
If it had cost them the game, he would be crucified like Rahim Moore. Since it ultimately meant nothing, it's much easier to forgive. Glad to see he took responsibility for it. He'll be smarter next time, and he played great otherwise. Nothing to see here.

artie_dale
09-06-2013, 09:27 AM
The last player I remember doing it was DeSean Jackson. He's done it twice in similar ways. He tried to DIVE into the endzone with the ball, only to land short of the endzone and the ground causing him to fumble it... both times (once in either college or high school and the other while with the Eagles. I'm curious... is there a list of these types of bone head plays? A list of the the players who have done this? Names that come to mind are Leon Lett, DeSean Jackson, Trendon Holiday, and now Trevathon.

Mike
09-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Hopefully he (and the other players) use it as a learning lesson. Hold on to the damn ball until you personally hand it to the ref or keep it for a keepsake and you give it to the team assistant.

TXBRONC
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Reminded me more of Leon lett rather than Sanchez's butt fumble.

It reminded me of Trindon Holiday's punt return against the Panthers last year.

jhns
09-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Never forgive! Cut him now!

I really liked his play though. He is young and got excited. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

Tned
09-06-2013, 09:46 AM

I missed him mouthing back. I was pissed and stomping around the room and went to get a drink.

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I missed him mouthing back. I was pissed and stomping around the room and went to get a drink.

Hopefully someone can find the clip. Even my 14 year old twins were questioning him doing it

Mr Bojangles
09-06-2013, 09:59 AM

Everyone deserves one break for making a boneheaded error.....but the arrogant sob should get a seat on the pine, or worse, for daring to give his coach lip when getting reamed, deservedly, for his stupid, unnecessary and selfish performance on that play.

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 10:00 AM
I don't think anyone knows what was being said. I'm not going to judge Trevathan on a conversation where I would only be guessing.

As far the gaff.... eh..... not worried about it. I would have been more worried had Trvathan showed that he shouldn't/couldn't be on the field as a starter. But eh showed he could play,and play well. The rest is by far secondary.

Dzone
09-06-2013, 10:14 AM
No breaks for being a dumbass. No excuses. He should get ridiculed mercilessly for it.
Edit-He played a helluva good game though

Tned
09-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Just saw a clip of it. It looked like Trevathon was mouthing back enough that another Broncos (looked like a linemen, didn't see the number), kind of patted him on the stomach/chest in a "back off" type more, when Trevathon appeared to be going back at Del Rio.

NightTerror218
09-06-2013, 10:41 AM
He played great. He was all over field like WW. His first career start and first major mistake. Noticed he was held out for part of a series after WW was back on field.

GEM
09-06-2013, 10:49 AM
They interviewed him in the locker room after the game, he took full responsibility. When they showed JDR after the play, he was yelling in the kids face, unfortunately the kid didn't know how to respond other than yelling back. Hopefully some maturity will teach him the correct way to handle those situations.

He was all over last night and looked good, hopefully with an attitude adjustment, he can be an all around great player.

Rick
09-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Out of curiosity, what was the yard line he INT'd the ball at?

It was an idiot decision but all said and done, as stupid as it was he DID get an INT and I believe at least make them work with a longer field by moving back to the 20. Just off memory though...

*Edit, never mind, he intercepted it on 4th down, his gaffe cost us a TD and at the very least a turnover on downs.

Skinny
09-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Not much of the back and forth but a little...

https://vine.co/v/hJgKFnYLLap

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Just saw a clip of it. It looked like Trevathon was mouthing back enough that another Broncos (looked like a linemen, didn't see the number), kind of patted him on the stomach/chest in a "back off" type more, when Trevathon appeared to be going back at Del Rio.

Definitely looked to me like he was mouthing back, especially considering what you said about the other player having to pull him away. I think that's what really bothered me the most, was the fact that he felt like he needed to somehow justify, and couldn't just take it from Del Rio, at least that's what it looked like to me.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
two thoughts on this:

1. at least this happened in a game that wasn't close.

2. i don't have a problem with trevathan talking back. we want feisty, energetic LBs, but only on the field? doesn't always work that way - you can't always just shut it off (you think ray lewis didn't talk back to his coaches?) the whole thing made me chuckle.

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2013, 11:10 AM
2. i don't have a problem with trevathan talking back. we want feisty, energetic LBs, but only on the field? doesn't always work that way - you can't always just shut it off (you think ray lewis didn't talk back to his coaches?) the whole thing made me chuckle.

I normally would agree with you, but there isn't any possible argument whatsoever Trevathan could have made to justify his mess up. It isn't like he read a play differently than a teammate and missed an assignment. He just flat out f'ed up.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Definitely looked to me like he was mouthing back, especially considering what you said about the other player having to pull him away. I think that's what really bothered me the most, was the fact that he felt like he needed to somehow justify, and couldn't just take it from Del Rio, at least that's what it looked like to me.

yeah, but there are two problems with this: you're putting a perceived intent in trevathan's mouth, and we don't know what del rio said to him (some things deserve a response).

i really hope they were doing the NFL audio thing for this game. i'd almost pay to hear that exchange.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 11:12 AM
I normally would agree with you, but there isn't any possible argument whatsoever Trevathan could have made to justify his mess up. It isn't like he read a play differently than a teammate and missed an assignment. He just flat out f'ed up.

of course, but my thing is we don't what was said. i'm not going to assume he was justifying his actions. and i'm not going to assume del rio was simply "teaching" in a loud voice.

all we know is that trevathan f'd up in a public way and he shared words with del rio. and it was pretty damn amusing.

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2013, 11:12 AM
yeah, but there are two problems with this: you're putting a perceived intent in trevathan's mouth, and we don't know what del rio said to him (some things deserve a response).

i really hope they were doing the NFL audio thing for this game. i'd almost pay to hear that exchange.

We're just forming opinions on what we perceived like you said. I can't imagine any possible conversation they could have had at that point where Trevathan felt bold enough to stand up to the coach and argue his point.

Almost looked to me like at the time of their exchange, JDR was trying to make the point across that Trevathan's mess up was a 14 point swing because it happened right after Baltimore went down to score the TD.

GEM
09-06-2013, 11:14 AM
The kid embarrassed himself on national tv, then his coach comes up screaming in his face like a banshee. I'd get fired up as well. He'll learn from it, but to scream in his face like he didn't already know what he did wrong. :laugh: He lost a pick 6 and ended up giving the ball back, he knows it.

jhns
09-06-2013, 11:15 AM
It really doesn't matter what people think about this though. The kid played great and won't be losing his job any time soon. LB is by far this teams thinnest position. There won't be any depth until Miller gets back.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
The kid embarrassed himself on national tv, then his coach comes up screaming in his face like a banshee. I'd get fired up as well. He'll learn from it, but to scream in his face like he didn't already know what he did wrong. :laugh: He lost a pick 6 and ended up giving the ball back, he knows it.

exactly.

the worst thing about trevathan's blunder? it's clouding the win. i'm listening to 104.3 and sandy clough is trying to make this a national issue with trevathan as the face of a generation that just doesn't respect their elders. it's playing as bad as the BS on fox news or msnbc.

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2013, 11:23 AM
nfl coaches shouldnt be giving players breaks because of circumstantial games.

like what is said, if this was the difference of the game, people would be saying jdr was to soft on him.

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
you think clough is rambling about it, you shouldhave heard the fan last night after the game.

got a point though, kids are far too coddled in the pussified 21st century version of the united states.

G_Money
09-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Del Rio: What was that?
Trevathan: Dude, I ****ing know.
DR: Are you a moron? Are you a GD MORON?
T: YES! Yes I am! I am the biggest moron...!
DR: Are you making fun of me?
T: Did you not see me on that HUGE EFFING SCREEN? I'm a douchenozzle of idiocy!
DR: Man I will pound your ass til I can wear you around like Peanut from that stupid puppet show...
T: Jeff Dunham. He's funny. I like Walter.
DR: ARE YOU STILL MOCKING ME??
T: Coach, I am gonna start running laps NOW. Can you yell at me later in the meetings too? Kthx.

======================

It went something like that. :lol:

Teddy B. on ESPN (who I always wanna call Teddy Ruxpin) talked about how it was a good teaching moment because they won and dismantled the defending champs, but Del Rio can keep everybody focused. None of the other young kids should make any mistakes like that in closer games now that might actually cost us the game.

That's my hope anyway. If somebody was gonna mess up that badly, at least it happened in a blowout and Woodyard wasn't seriously hurt. Danny... NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. And run another lap.

~G

Northman
09-06-2013, 11:33 AM
two thoughts on this:

1. at least this happened in a game that wasn't close.

Im guessing part of Trey's talking back had to do with the embarrassment of screwing up on national TV. It was his moment to shine and he fubared so he was probably angry at himself and lashed out a bit at Jack when he confronted him. No big deal, he will learn from it.

Northman
09-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Del Rio: What was that?
Trevathan: Dude, I ****ing know.
DR: Are you a moron? Are you a GD MORON?
T: YES! Yes I am! I am the biggest moron...!
DR: Are you making fun of me?
T: Did you not see me on that HUGE EFFING SCREEN? I'm a douchenozzle of idiocy!
DR: Man I will pound your ass til I can wear you around like Peanut from that stupid puppet show...
T: Jeff Dunham. He's funny. I like Walter.
DR: ARE YOU STILL MOCKING ME??
T: Coach, I am gonna start running laps NOW. Can you yell at me later in the meetings too? Kthx.

======================

It went something like that. :lol:

Teddy B. on ESPN (who I always wanna call Teddy Ruxpin) talked about how it was a good teaching moment because they won and dismantled the defending champs, but Del Rio can keep everybody focused. None of the other young kids should make any mistakes like that in closer games now that might actually cost us the game.

That's my hope anyway. If somebody was gonna mess up that badly, at least it happened in a blowout and Woodyard wasn't seriously hurt. Danny... NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. And run another lap.

~G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPCEXq4mgk

Buff
09-06-2013, 11:46 AM
exactly.

the worst thing about trevathan's blunder? it's clouding the win. i'm listening to 104.3 and sandy clough is trying to make this a national issue with trevathan as the face of a generation that just doesn't respect their elders. it's playing as bad as the BS on fox news or msnbc.

These guys make too much money to excuse mental blunders of that magnitude. It's inexcusable at any level of football. Luckily it didn't affect the outcome, so it's a moot point, but it merits a little bit more than a shrug of the shoulders IMO.

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Im guessing part of Trey's talking back had to do with the embarrassment of screwing up on national TV. It was his moment to shine and he fubared so he was probably angry at himself and lashed out a bit at Jack when he confronted him. No big deal, he will learn from it.

I think this nails it on the head.

tubby
09-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Emotion happens. He owned it after the game. It was his first start as a pro.

Buff
09-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Emotion happens. He owned it after the game. It was his first start as a pro.

Emotion is getting a 15 yard celebration penalty after scoring. It's outright stupidity to drop the ball before scoring.

GEM
09-06-2013, 11:54 AM
exactly.

He's one to talk, he's about the most disrespectful ******* on the radio. I turn it off the second he comes on.

tubby
09-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Emotion is getting a 15 yard celebration penalty after scoring. It's outright stupidity to drop the ball before scoring.

Yes. I was referring to him yelling back at JDR.

tomjonesrocks
09-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Hated the yelling back at JDR, but also hated him calling it a "young" mistake in the locker room. Just a peeve of mine.

Just say you ****** up and don't semi-qualify/excuse it because you are young. Sheesh.

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Let's all thank 59 for fumbling the ball, because if he didn't, Peyton would never have thrown for 7 TDs. The 14 point swing made Denver score again. I'd rather have the story of Peyton throwing for 7 TDs. Mainly because that's 1 more than Tom Brady has had.

His emotions ran high in game and I understand, but he took full responsibility and that's all that matters to me.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2013, 12:23 PM
from article:

“It was a dumb play in retrospect,” Trevathan said after the game. ”It’s not going to happen again. I was just so in the moment, you know, it was kind of selfish of me. I’m growing from it, and I’m not going to let nobody stop me from getting better.”

full article - http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/06/danny-trevathan-premature-celebration-denver-broncos/

plus, up close video of DelRio talking to him

https://vine.co/v/hJgKFnYLLap

tubby
09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
At least Woodyard wasn't seriously injured. That would have pissed me off way worse.

TXBRONC
09-06-2013, 12:30 PM

Did the drink help?

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Did the drink help?

Drinks always help me get through games

TXBRONC
09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
These guys make too much money to excuse mental blunders of that magnitude. It's inexcusable at any level of football. Luckily it didn't affect the outcome, so it's a moot point, but it merits a little bit more than a shrug of the shoulders IMO.

Agreed and it did get more than just a shoulder shrugs and "geez shucks" from his defensive coordinator.

Cugel
09-06-2013, 01:19 PM

You didn't have to be a lip reader to read what Del Rio said to him on the sideline. When the camera panned to Trevathan, he was getting a verbal lashing. He tried to respond, rather heatedly, and Del Rio just exploded. You could see him scream "bull shit" at Trevathan before they cut to commercial.

This will never happen again, believe me. He'll have to look at the film of himself showboating and dropping the ball on the 1 yard line. That won't be fun at all. His teammates aren't going to dog him all year about it, but they are going to let him know what think. He's going to have to eat some crow and take some gibes about it for awhile.

The painful memory of what could have been a season long nightmare worse than what Rahim Moore had to endure could have easily happened to Trevathan if they'd lost the game.

But, they didn't so it's a speed bump in an otherwise delightful Broncos victory celebration. In fact, without Trevathan's bone-head play, Peyton doesn't get the chance to throw for his 7th TD.

Cugel
09-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
These guys make too much money to excuse mental blunders of that magnitude. It's inexcusable at any level of football. Luckily it didn't affect the outcome, so it's a moot point, but it merits a little bit more than a shrug of the shoulder IMO.

Trevathan won't be shrugging his shoulders today during film study when they come to reviewing that play. He won't be remotely a happy camper hearing about it.

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I don't see how the amount of money changes the excietment that a player would/should feel have to FINALLY get a start in the NFL, in front of 80,000 screaming home fans, on national TV (the only game played), on opening night of the NFL season, and getting an INT to run for a TD. I doubt he was thinking of his pay check, and I don't think he realized he hadn't crossed the goalline. It was a CARELESS mistake, nothing more than that.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't see how the amount of money changes the excietment that a player would/should feel have to FINALLY get a start in the NFL, in front of 80,000 screaming home fans, on national TV (the only game played), on opening night of the NFL season, and getting an INT to run for a TD. I doubt he was thinking of his pay check, and I don't think he realized he hadn't crossed the goalline. It was a CARELESS mistake, nothing more than that.

word. some people are way too worried about money

two more thoughts on this from other posts in the thread:

1. i manage people who have egos. they talk back to me all the time. i appreciate it because they share their true feelings at the moment. i don't appreciate it when refuse to show me respect after disagreements. i don't get the sense trevathan deosn't respect del rio - AT ALL.

2. you think del rio never talked back to a coordinator/coach in a game? i suspect he did.

slim
09-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Players and coaches bark at each other all the time.

I'm sure he was pissed at himself and said some things he wouldn't under normal circumstances. It happens.

Buff
09-06-2013, 02:12 PM

You sound like my 16 year old self who didn't like to assign blame or fix responsibility to anything for any reason.

The money is significant because the team expects a certain amount of professionalism in return for the salary. Of course it was careless. That's the whole point - it was careless and selfish and inexcusable in any scenario. And then he added insult to injury by copping an attitude about it with his coach.

We got the win, so it's a moot point, but the "give the guy a break" stuff is annoying to me. He got a break when we got the W. He deserves all of the criticism he is getting today.

Buff
09-06-2013, 02:14 PM
word. some people are way too worried about money

two more thoughts on this from other posts in the thread:

1. i manage people who have egos. they talk back to me all the time. i appreciate it because they share their true feelings at the moment. i don't appreciate it when refuse to show me respect after disagreements. i don't get the sense trevathan deosn't respect del rio - AT ALL.

2. you think del rio never talked back to a coordinator/coach in a game? i suspect he did.

It's all about the context though. Of course there are going to be disagreements and verbal exchanges in any workplace. But if the boss calls me into their office because I just made a huge self-inflicted avoidable error, that is the last place on earth I'd cop an attitude about it. It speaks to his overall level of immaturity. Which is fine, he is young, but part of the growing process is taking constructive criticism.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
You sound like my 16 year old self who didn't like to assign blame or fix responsibility to anything for any reason.

The money is significant because the team expects a certain amount of professionalism in return for the salary. Of course it was careless. That's the whole point - it was careless and selfish and inexcusable in any scenario. And then he added insult to injury by copping an attitude about it with his coach.

We got the win, so it's a moot point, but the "give the guy a break" stuff is annoying to me. He got a break when we got the W. He deserves all of the criticism he is getting today.

i think there's a disconnect between what the team expects from the players and what you expect from the players.

sure, there's overlap (effort, production, stay out of trouble, etc.), but so many of your posts read like they're rooted from the ideals of a '50s-era football coach.

and, man, i'm not trying to start stuff with you, personally, just starting/continuing a dialogue.

claymore
09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
As a dad Ive seen that look before. It wasnt sass, it was a kid that was aggressively trying to justify his screw up.

If I was Fox, I would fine any player that didnt HAND the ball to the ref on all scoring plays from here on out.

Not that its a huge problem, but its an easy way to instill discipline. IMO.

Buff
09-06-2013, 02:29 PM
i think there's a disconnect between what the team expects from the players and what you expect from the players.

sure, there's overlap (effort, production, stay out of trouble, etc.), but so many of your posts read like they're rooted from the ideals of a '50s-era football coach.

and, man, i'm not trying to start stuff with you, personally, just starting/continuing a dialogue.

No offense taken - I'd counter that by saying many of your viewpoints come across as being flippant and casual, and not necessarily cognizant of the fact that this is a multi-billion dollar enterprise where people's lives (players, coaches, front office) can be affected by wins, losses and public perception. It's not just some game. These guys are the elite of the elite - and for that reason they are held to the highest standards.

I agree there is a disconnect in our expectations, I'm just not sure you've correctly identified the breakdown.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
No offense taken - I'd counter that by saying many of your viewpoints come across as being flippant and casual, and not necessarily cognizant of the fact that this is a multi-billion dollar enterprise where people's lives (players, coaches, front office) can be affected by wins, losses and public perception. It's not just some game. These guys are the elite of the elite - and for that reason they are held to the highest standards.

I agree there is a disconnect in our expectations, I'm just not sure you've correctly identified the breakdown.

oh come on, really? assuming anyone who posts here regularly isn't aware of the NFL's money machine is either, in itself, flippant and casual, or pure ignorance.

i mean, criticize me for being different or contrary or for having bad facts or whatever. but assuming i'm not "cognizant of the fact that this is a multi-billion dollar enterprise" just feels like you calling me stupid in a passive aggressive manner. just say it.

and then you, who regularly rips on the players/coaches as if they're nothing more than commodities in your stock portfolio, try to play the compassion card about their livelihood as it relates to the the billion dollar enterprise?

sounds like you're trying to posit that del rio had a right to yell at trevathan because he might lose money if the player's mistake costs him his gig. well, coach's salaries are guaranteed, i believe. and, if this all about preserving a person's career for future earning why doesn't trevathan have a right to defend his position?

dude, we often don't agree on things, but this just feels like you're trying way too hard to prove a point.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 02:47 PM
It's all about the context though. Of course there are going to be disagreements and verbal exchanges in any workplace. But if the boss calls me into their office because I just made a huge self-inflicted avoidable error, that is the last place on earth I'd cop an attitude about it. It speaks to his overall level of immaturity. Which is fine, he is young, but part of the growing process is taking constructive criticism.

agreed. but, i believe, a good manager doesn't rule like a tyrant. he/she allows someone to state their case. i believe tony dungy would agree.

jhns
09-06-2013, 02:52 PM

I highly doubr anyone in the organization agrees with you that this is such a dramatic incident. I bet there is a lecture that it better not hapoen again, followed by a bunch of jokes for the rest of the season. These are young guys playing a game for a living.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 03:03 PM
another effect from trevathan's blunder: no one is talking about ayers' whiff on that INT.

made me laugh out loud.

BroncoNut
09-06-2013, 03:06 PM
the ass chewing on national tv should be fine. I'm glad JDR teed off on him for as long as he did. I dont' know why that wouldn't be enough. he should be fine.

Broncolingus
09-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I thought Del Rio's public dress-down on the sidelines was appropriate...but then again, I'm old school.

Trevathan was thinking more about getting his 'look at me' dance on, rather than making sure he crossed the goal line...

Unfortunately, (and I don't single him out for that) that's how the game is played now...and it didn't (thank god) really matter to the outcome of the game.

Anyway, I'm sure he's learned his lesson and it won't ever be an issue again...

...and hopefully he'll have many more chances to show he's learned his lesson :D

BroncoNut
09-06-2013, 03:09 PM
At least Woodyard wasn't seriously injured. That would have pissed me off way worse.

I didn't know he was til now. I had stepped out for smokes. Woodyard is a madman, I like the way he's been playing, even last year. all around coverage looked great last night. Harris, Nacho, Trevathon all played well I thought.

anyway, that's all I really have at this time. thanks.

BroncoNut
09-06-2013, 03:11 PM
I thought Del Rio's public dress-down on the sidelines was appropriate...but then again, I'm old school.

Trevathan was thinking more about getting his 'look at me' dance on, rather than making sure he crossed the goal line...

Unfortunately, (and I don't single him out for that) that's how the game is played now...and it didn't (thank god) really matter to the outcome of the game.

...and hopefully he'll have many more chances to show he's learned his lesson :D

I have to admit that I hope he does it one more time this season, when it really counts, just to see JDR REALLY go off

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2013, 03:15 PM

That's actually how the game has been played for a long time.

Willhite backflip
The Redskin receivers and their high fives in the end zone
Billy White Shoes Johnson
Randy Moss mooning Minnesota :laugh:
Butch Johnson's moonwalk
The Icky Shuffle

sneakers
09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
silly geese, he is our little leon lett

BroncoNut
09-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Let's all thank 59 for fumbling the ball, because if he didn't, Peyton would never have thrown for 7 TDs. The 14 point swing made Denver score again. I'd rather have the story of Peyton throwing for 7 TDs. Mainly because that's 1 more than Tom Brady has had.

His emotions ran high in game and I understand, but he took full responsibility and that's all that matters to me.
:tsk:

Nomad
09-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Holliday is borderline doing this same thing every time he crosses the goal line. He did the same thing at LSU.

I'm sure next time, Trevathan will try to dunk the goal post:lol:....unless that's illegal now.

Buff
09-06-2013, 04:22 PM
oh come on, really? assuming anyone who posts here regularly isn't aware of the NFL's money machine is either, in itself, flippant and casual, or pure ignorance.

i mean, criticize me for being different or contrary or for having bad facts or whatever. but assuming i'm not "cognizant of the fact that this is a multi-billion dollar enterprise" just feels like you calling me stupid in a passive aggressive manner. just say it.

and then you, who regularly rips on the players/coaches as if they're nothing more than commodities in your stock portfolio, try to play the compassion card about their livelihood as it relates to the the billion dollar enterprise?

sounds like you're trying to posit that del rio had a right to yell at trevathan because he might lose money if the player's mistake costs him his gig. well, coach's salaries are guaranteed, i believe. and, if this all about preserving a person's career for future earning why doesn't trevathan have a right to defend his position?

dude, we often don't agree on things, but this just feels like you're trying way too hard to prove a point.

I think you're taking things too personally. Essentially you are arguing that people are making too big a deal about this, and I am arguing that the mistake merits the criticism it is receiving.

You assert that I'm being unreasonably old fashioned or unduly harsh, and I think you are being too nonchalant. I'm not really out to insult your intelligence. I just am annoyed by the "aw shucks, just give him a break" mentality - when he is arguably only the second player in NFL history to make that absurd gaff. And anyone with an ounce of maturity/intelligence knows that he picked a ridiculous time to act insubordinate with his boss. Again, I'm not advocating we cut him, or that we march on dove valley with our pitch forks... Just that he deserves the criticism that's come his way.

rationalfan
09-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I think you're taking things too personally. Essentially you are arguing that people are making too big a deal about this, and I am arguing that the mistake merits the criticism it is receiving.

You assert that I'm being unreasonably old fashioned or unduly harsh, and I think you are being too nonchalant. I'm not really out to insult your intelligence. I just am annoyed by the "aw shucks, just give him a break" mentality - when he is arguably only the second player in NFL history to make that absurd gaff. And anyone with an ounce of maturity/intelligence knows that he picked a ridiculous time to act insubordinate with his boss. Again, I'm not advocating we cut him, or that we march on dove valley with our pitch forks... Just that he deserves the criticism that's come his way.

we continue to disagree. but that a beauty of life, we don't have to.

have a good weekend.

wayninja
09-06-2013, 04:42 PM
He got a break, he didn't get benched. Nuff said.

BroncoWave
09-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Wow. Really? You honestly think in the long long history of the NFL this has only happened twice? First of all this is the fourth one I can think of off the top of my head (Leon Lett, Desean Jackson, and Holliday in the playoff game last year) and I'm sure there have been others that happened that just didn't get the media firestorm like Lett and Jackson did.

I don't think your criticism of Trevathan is unreasonable, but try not to exaggerate too much.

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 04:54 PM
:tsk:

Always trying to look at the bright side of things! lol

Joker56
09-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Welker also did a bonehead play.. he should have cought that punt or let it bounce maybe go into the end zone...
sooo ... hopefully the team will "learn" and it was in week one...
a reminder for the next 15 games ... will help ... :salute:

Buff
09-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Wow. Really? You honestly think in the long long history of the NFL this has only happened twice? First of all this is the fourth one I can think of off the top of my head (Leon Lett, Desean Jackson, and Holliday in the playoff game last year) and I'm sure there have been others that happened that just didn't get the media firestorm like Lett and Jackson did.

I don't think your criticism of Trevathan is unreasonable, but try not to exaggerate too much.

Leon Lett was a little different in that he was caught by a hustling defender, and while he was definitely loafing, he didn't just outright drop the ball. Holliday didn't get caught (it was against Carolina in the regular season btw, not in the playoffs), but his move was equally egregious. If you've got other names, I'd love to hear them. I don't really feel like I'm exaggerating. He is in an elite group of knuckleheads.

wayninja
09-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I don't know how many times it has happened, but it's definitely a more recent phenomenon as peacocking has become more prevalent. It's certainly not common, that's for sure.

BroncoWave
09-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Leon Lett was a little different in that he was caught by a hustling defender, and while he was definitely loafing, he didn't just outright drop the ball. Holliday didn't get caught (it was against Carolina in the regular season btw, not in the playoffs), but his move was equally egregious. If you've got other names, I'd love to hear them. I don't really feel like I'm exaggerating. He is in an elite group of knuckleheads.

A quick youtube search brought up this one...

pCumqrulNCE

And the announcer said the same thing had happened in a game the day before.

I'm not saying this is something that happens every week, but it's happened way more than twice ever.

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 05:26 PM
seriously? Only 2 in NFL history have done this? Come on, that's exaggeration and hyperbole at it's highest.

Not to mention, the mere fact that we are trying to make this out to be a "BIG DEAL" is even more ridiculous in my opinion. Jeeezus... the kid got excited about the INT and let the ball "slip" from his hand as he was crossing the goal line. Now I use that word intentionally, because he didn't spike it, he didn't spin it, he didn't sign it with a pen or try to do any fancy moves with it. He simply let it fall to the ground as he though he had crossed the goal line. Heavens-for-*******-bid.

Speaking of a small group of knuckleheads.....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2013, 05:28 PM

pCumqrulNCE

I'm not saying this is something that happens every week, but it's happened way more than twice ever.

"....too much wiggle in his wobble" :laugh:

Buff
09-06-2013, 05:31 PM

pCumqrulNCE

That guy in that video accidentally fumbled, he didn't drop it to start celebrating. It seems sort of silly that you'd pick this point to dispute anyway, I think we can all agree it's extremely rare - and only 2 other names come to mind in the modern era.

wayninja
09-06-2013, 05:33 PM

pCumqrulNCE

C'mon, this is disingenuous at best. This is not the same thing. The dude got careless with the ball and lost it, he didn't purposefully drop it.

BroncoWave
09-06-2013, 05:34 PM
That guy in that video accidentally fumbled, he didn't drop it to start celebrating. It seems sort of silly that you'd pick this point to dispute anyway, I think we can all agree it's extremely rare - and only 2 other names come to mind in the modern era.

I bet it happens more than we realize. The examples of Lett, Jackson, and Trevathan were all in big time nationally televised games. I'm sure it's happened in some week 15 Dolphins-Jaguars game as well.

I'm not excusing it, but I don't think it's some all-time horrible gaffe either. Sometimes players get a little excited before the goal line. Shit happens. He got his deserved tongue lashing from Del Rio and it will probably never happen again.

BroncoWave
09-06-2013, 05:36 PM
C'mon, this is disingenuous at best. This is not the same thing. The dude got careless with the ball and lost it, he didn't purposefully drop it.

If he was preparing to spike the ball (which is what it looked like) then it's absolutely comparable. They are both examples of a player starting to celebrate too early and losing the ball before the goal line. Just because it's not a carbon copy replica of Danny's play doesn't mean it's disingenuous.

wayninja
09-06-2013, 05:37 PM
If he was preparing to spike the ball (which is what it looked like) then it's absolutely comparable. They are both examples of a player starting to celebrate too early and losing the ball before the goal line. Just because it's not a carbon copy replica of Danny's play doesn't mean it's disingenuous.

No. It's still not the same. I'm not sure how else to explain. Once is an accident and one is intentional. It's different.

wayninja
09-06-2013, 05:39 PM
I bet it happens more than we realize. The examples of Lett, Jackson, and Trevathan were all in big time nationally televised games. I'm sure it's happened in some week 15 Dolphins-Jaguars game as well.

I'm not excusing it, but I don't think it's some all-time horrible gaffe either. Sometimes players get a little excited before the goal line. Shit happens. He got his deserved tongue lashing from Del Rio and it will probably never happen again.

As far as mistakes go, I can't really think of anything worse, tbh. This isn't a physical mistake, it's not even a mental mistake. It's purely a mistake of hubris. It's like a personal foul x1000.

Buff
09-06-2013, 05:43 PM

I think we are like 95% in agreement. My only issue is that people want to make him a sympathetic figure today, like he's getting a raw deal. He made a stupid mistake, and he is accountable to that mistake like any other professional. Everyone will move on soon enough, but man, was that stupid. I liked Peter King's take on it, where he uses terms like idiotic, immature, and mind numbing:

5. Dumbest play of the night (and there was some good competition for this): Denver’s Danny Trevathan stupidly dropped the ball, I guess, in some form of celebration before he reached the end zone. I was standing with Rod Smith, the former Broncos receiver, on the sideline late in the game when Trevathan intercepted Flacco and returned it for a touchdown—or so it seemed. He actually dropped the ball at about the one-yard line, and it rattled around the end zone and went out of the end zone as players scrambled for it, resulting in a touchback. Smith, from the moment it happened, was not only all over Trevathan for his idiotic irresponsibility (my words, not his) but quickly pointed out that rising star middle linebacker Wesley Woodyard came out of the play gimpy with what appeared to be a knee injury of some sort. Imagine if Woodyard was lost for any period of time not because of a play that happened in the open field—but because some immature player didn’t know how to carry a ball untouched into the end zone. Mind-numbing.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/06/manning-in-full/

wayninja
09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I agree, trying to justify it by quantifying how many times it has happened in the past is like trying to justify air safety in terms of crash survivors.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
At the end of the day I'm still glad the kid is on our team. Just like we were all glad Holliday was still on our team last year after he almost did the same thing......twice. It's easy to argue that it didn't result in a touchback when Trindon did it, but there was one ocassion it should have and it's the same mental error.

Davii
09-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Outside of that dumb ass mistake he played one hell of a game. It seemed he did "sass" Jack Del Rio, and he quickly got reminded who is the coach when he did. I think Del Rio will probably talk with him more this week, haze him a little maybe, but he will learn a lesson from it and I guarantee he doesn't do something like that again. I Would be willing to bet that Woody has already had a chat with him as well.

I liked the kid, he is great in coverage and didn't seem scared to mix it up at all.

TXBRONC
09-06-2013, 08:51 PM

It's still every bit as bad as Trevathan's gaff. No one is around and he still fumbled it.

wayninja
09-06-2013, 09:37 PM
It's still every bit as bad as Trevathan's gaff. No one is around and he still fumbled it.

I just don't get it. A guy fumbling simply isn't the same thing as a guy dropping the ball on purpose. To me, one is easily worse than the other.

Davii
09-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I just don't get it. A guy fumbling simply isn't the same thing as a guy dropping the ball on purpose. To me, one is easily worse than the other.

Since nobody was around they were obviously both stupid gaffes

wayninja
09-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Since nobody was around they were obviously both stupid gaffes

Yes, but everyone I know has had something slip from their grasp before. Physical mistakes are to be expected.

The dude clearly did not mean to drop the ball, tried to recover it. Trevathan dropped the ball, on purpose, and strutted in the end-zone while his teammate was getting hurt trying to recover the ball he had just left on the ground.

They just aren't in the same league. It's embarrassing to fumble something you've got in your hands when no one touches you, it's a totally different story to drop it on the ground and strut around like you own the place.

I agree though, he had a great night and I'm not looking to crucify him or see his play time reduced, just that he definitely deserves his licks for this.

Davii
09-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Yes, but everyone I know has had something slip from their grasp before. Physical mistakes are to be expected.

The dude clearly did not mean to drop the ball, tried to recover it. Trevathan dropped the ball, on purpose, and strutted in the end-zone while his teammate was getting hurt trying to recover the ball he had just left on the ground.

They just aren't in the same league. It's embarrassing to fumble something you've got in your hands when no one touches you, it's a totally different story to drop it on the ground and strut around like you own the place.

I agree though, he had a great night and I'm not looking to crucify him or see his play time reduced, just that he definitely deserves his licks for this.

No doubt and I'm completely positive he's getting it from JDR and all his team mates, especially Woody.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2013, 12:35 AM
I don't see how the amount of money changes the excietment that a player would/should feel have to FINALLY get a start in the NFL, in front of 80,000 screaming home fans, on national TV (the only game played), on opening night of the NFL season, and getting an INT to run for a TD. I doubt he was thinking of his pay check, and I don't think he realized he hadn't crossed the goalline. It was a CARELESS mistake, nothing more than that.he was admiring himself on the 'jumbo-tron'
just like CHAMP when he was caught from behind before scoring his 100 yard pick six, just like Holiday last year, and just like the punk desean jackson.
and people ask me why I get so upset about assinign 'look at me' celebrations for doing something other than WINNING!
save it for the end of the game,
enjoy the salutations from your coaches and teammates on the SIDELINES !
the playing field is no place for mid-game celebration,
get a clue players and fans get a clue !
and yes VON, I am talking to you too !

MOtorboat
09-07-2013, 02:35 AM
he was admiring himself on the 'jumbo-tron'
just like CHAMP when he was caught from behind before scoring his 100 yard pick six, just like Holiday last year, and just like the punk desean jackson.
and people ask me why I get so upset about assinign 'look at me' celebrations for doing something other than WINNING!

Jumbo-tron isn't even on that side of the field.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2013, 03:31 AM
another effect from trevathan's blunder: no one is talking about ayers' whiff on that INT.

made me laugh out loud.

My buddy and I were cracking up at that also. Ayers isn't a DB. He isn't even a LB. I have no idea what made him think he should jump the int. If it were a closer game I probably wouldn't have been laughing so much.

BroncoNut
09-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I agree, let's give him a break. Break his legs if he pulls that shit again

Ravage!!!
09-07-2013, 10:05 AM
he was admiring himself on the 'jumbo-tron'

Uh.. no.

Mr Bojangles
09-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I agree, let's give him a break. Break his legs if he pulls that shit again

A break for his selfish, stupid and assclown 'fumble'....sure.

But the only break his punk-ass reaction on the sidelines, when his coach was justifiably reaming him out, should be a "break" from the next three games. Although I think I did notice he shrunk back a little more wisely when it became obvious to him that Del Rio wasn't to be trifled with at that moment!

Simple Jaded
09-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Trevathan impressed the shit outta me. Have no problem with the Ayers play, I like the fact that he tried to make a play.

Joel
09-08-2013, 05:39 PM
We're in a title run and PFM and Champ are running out of time: Nobody gets a break, because in the playoffs one screw up by ANYONE could end our season. That said, we really have no other good options at LB until Miller gets back, so it's not like we have much choice.

Just for the record, I sincerely doubt Champ was checking himself on the Jumbotron at the end of his playoff pick on Brady, and not just because he's far too experienced and professional for a rookie hotdog move like that. Dude was finishing a 100+ yard sprint, didn't realize how close the bad guys were and couldn't do much about it anyway, because he was just flat out of gas. C'mon, Zam, you ever sprinted 100 yds in front of the nation with 11 desperate guys chasing you? He still saved a TD and we still wound up scoring a TD; not sure how much we can criticize the guy for a 14 point play in a playoff game we won by 14. ;)

MOtorboat
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
We're in a title run and PFM and Champ are running out of time: Nobody gets a break, because in the playoffs one screw up by ANYONE could end our season. That said, we really have no other good options at LB until Miller gets back, so it's not like we have much choice.

Just for the record, I sincerely doubt Champ was checking himself on the Jumbotron at the end of his playoff pick on Brady, and not just because he's far too experienced and professional for a rookie hotdog move like that. Dude was finishing a 100+ yard sprint, didn't realize how close the bad guys were and couldn't do much about it anyway, because he was just flat out of gas. C'mon, Zam, you ever sprinted 100 yds in front of the nation with 11 desperate guys chasing you? He still saved a TD and we still wound up scoring a TD; not sure how much we can criticize the guy for a 14 point play in a playoff game we won by 14. ;)

He was looking at the jumbo tron to see where the defenders were. Just like Fitzgerald in the Super Bowl. It wasn't a "look at me" thing. Zam is just dumb.

Joel
09-08-2013, 05:44 PM
My buddy and I were cracking up at that also. Ayers isn't a DB. He isn't even a LB. I have no idea what made him think he should jump the int. If it were a closer game I probably wouldn't have been laughing so much.
Yeah, I respect what he was trying to do, but it was still a boneheaded play. Not only is he a DE, he's LEFT DE, which means he's all about size and strength, not speed and agility. Linemen drop into coverage to knock down passes, make tackles for short gains and generaly prevent first downs, not make pick sixes, and had he done that the Ravens get a worthless 3 yard completion instead of a big 31 yarder.

Ayers is a fine LDE so long as no one expects him to be anything more, as he of ALL people should know.

Joel
09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
He was looking at the jumbo tron to see where the defenders were. Just like Fitzgerald in the Super Bowl. It wasn't a "look at me" thing. Zam is just dumb.
If you say so; maybe it's just me not being a professional athlete, 'cause after a run like that I'd have just been looking at the endzone trying not to black out on national TV. :tongue:

Dapper Dan
09-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I respect what he was trying to do, but it was still a boneheaded play. Not only is he a DE, he's LEFT DE, which means he's all about size and strength, not speed and agility. Linemen drop into coverage to knock down passes, make tackles for short gains and generaly prevent first downs, not make pick sixes, and had he done that the Ravens get a worthless 3 yard completion instead of a big 31 yarder.

Ayers is a fine LDE so long as no one expects him to be anything more, as he of ALL people should know.

He also played a lot of DT in college. Lol. He had no business at LBer a few years ago. I think it's one of those things that he will learn from. And it didn't bother the outcome this time.

Simple Jaded
09-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Ayers sure as hell didn't look like a LDE in coverage, he damn near had that pass.

MOtorboat
09-08-2013, 05:48 PM
If you say so; maybe it's just me not being a professional athlete, 'cause after a run like that I'd have just been looking at the endzone trying not to black out on national TV. :tongue:

I was wrong. I just looked at it again. Bailey never looked at the Jumbo Tron.

My bad.

Hey, Zam, Bailey never looked at the Jumbo tron either. Can you please explain this to me?

Dapper Dan
09-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Ayers sure as hell didn't look like a LDE in coverage, he damn near had that pass.

Haha. Sorry. I can't think about that play without laughing.

You're right though. He came closer to catching that than I would have imagined. I still hope he squares up and goes for the tackled next time.

Joel
09-08-2013, 06:51 PM
He also played a lot of DT in college. Lol. He had no business at LBer a few years ago. I think it's one of those things that he will learn from. And it didn't bother the outcome this time.
I largely agree, though many people (not including me) don't care if 3-4 OLBs can cover as long as they rack up tackles, especially sacks.

It was a good effort and a near thing; I admire the desire and it would've been awesome to see him run it back for a TD. But this isn't horeshoes or hand grenades, and it was the wrong decision for that game situation, especially since it played to his weaknesses at the expense of his strengths. I believe it was 3rd and 5, so a tackle after a 3 yard gain is almost as good as a pick, and a lot better than a 30+ yard gain by a team trying to get back into a game.

I dunno; there were lots of nit-picky things like that that are trivial in a 20 point blowout but can end seasons in close playoff games. It was the first real game of the year, and gave the coaches lots of places to demand improvement this week without costing us a thing, so no complaints, just mild concerns.

spikerman
09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
He should have been running "gassers" on the sidelines for the rest of the game. He cost his team a TD that would have easily put the game away because he wanted to look "cool." Young or not - immature or not, there is no excuse. It's not like this is the first time this has ever happened. You would think players would be aware of this.

Dapper Dan
09-08-2013, 07:08 PM
I wish he had never intercepted that ball.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Good grief guys, get over it. We won, and his contribution had a lot to do with it.

ShaneFalco
09-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Danny played a good game i thought, Even with that mistake.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2013, 07:27 PM

Yes he did. We got a glimpse of what the night might have been like when he was benched for half the next series. He might be even better in coverage than Wood, and that's saying a lot.

TXBRONC
09-08-2013, 07:32 PM

That he did.

Chef Zambini
09-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I wish he had never intercepted that ball.he might feel the same.

LTC Pain
09-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Duct tape him facing the wall and towel-snap his ass for 10 minutes!!!

Joel
09-09-2013, 06:41 PM
That might be considered hazing, and we've got enough problems without losing our scholarships and bowl games. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2013, 04:43 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Danny Trevathan swears he's snuffed out the showboat in him.

Denver's second-year linebacker blames excitement over his first NFL start for his premature celebration of a sure pick-6 that resulted in a touchback instead of a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 1 rout of the Ravens.

''It was a young mistake. I was just in the moment,'' Trevathan said. ''I thought I was in the end zone. Next time I'm going to hold the ball up high and give it to a fan or something.''

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-linebacker-pledges-no-repeat-202311149--nfl.html

Bosco
09-10-2013, 05:56 PM

Actually Ayers was pretty good at SOLB in 2010, at least until he got injured. Still, I do think he's a better fit at DE.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2013, 06:03 PM

So you envision duct taping him and towle snapping his ass? This is quite the confession.