PDA

View Full Version : Adam Gase, I love you.

Hawgdriver
09-06-2013, 01:50 AM
49.0/gm is a legitimate average for an OC. Keep it up, buddy.

ShaneFalco
09-06-2013, 01:54 AM
Adam is very aggressive. Very good tonight.

Timmy!
09-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Gotta prove we can grind if needed, other than that, holy shit......soooooo many weapons

Ziggy
09-06-2013, 02:08 AM
He went conservative on one series in the 4th, and then stepped back on the gas on the next one. The Broncos need to get the running game going, but how can you complain about your team hanging 49 on the defending world champs?

Bosco
09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Real good start, but that pistol formation shit needs to get dumped.

artie_dale
09-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes, awesome performance, especially for a season opening game the entire NFL fan base was watching. The run game worries me. We couldn't get that going late when we needed it, but I'm not surprised the Ravens were ready for it due to the situation (our hand visible). Like the aggression and the relationship between Gase and PFM. Hopefully Fox doesn't interfere at all with his conservativeness.

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I think Welker will really be our running game. With the amount of weapons Manning has available, I dont know that we really need a stellar run game to have success. How many teams out there are we going to have to keep honest with the passing game we have now?

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I think we need a running game, and I would think that our running game should REALLY step it up considering how the defense has to defend the pass. Our pass game is absolutely going to make it easier on our running backs, and we should be willing to take it. I know we can't really judge our running offense on this game because the Broncos wanted to come out and make a statement with the passing attack, and we absolutely did. But the RBs looked very underwhelming last night.

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
In defense of our RB's...Baltimore does have a pretty formidable front 7. It was their secondary that needs work. Our run game will come around eventually, but even if it has some off days...the pass game can still prove too much for pretty much any defense.

camdisco24
09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I think it will be some time before we see a FIRE GASE! thread. This guy doesnt mess around and I love the offensensive plan he has put together with Manning.

Tned
09-06-2013, 09:49 AM
I think Welker will really be our running game. With the amount of weapons Manning has available, I dont know that we really need a stellar run game to have success. How many teams out there are we going to have to keep honest with the passing game we have now?

Not only that, even with the mass changes on defense for the Ravens, they are still a good D and stout against the run, especially between the tackles. I don't think the run struggles last night or indicative of how they will run the rest of the year. That said, between swing passes to RB's, short slants, WR screens to Welker, etc, the team could be very dominant without a run game.

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Not only that, even with the mass changes on defense for the Ravens, they are still a good D and stout against the run, especially between the tackles. I don't think the run struggles last night or indicative of how they will run the rest of the year. That said, between swing passes to RB's, short slants, WR screens to Welker, etc, the team could be very dominant without a run game.

That was the point I was trying to make. With 4-5 better than average receiving options, the quick outs and screens are as equally as effective as short runs. In certain sets, a team's 4th best DB is going to have to cover Welker.

G_Money
09-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Real good start, but that pistol formation shit needs to get dumped.

The pistol is great if you want to be in shotgun formation but your ogre-like center can't manage to get the shotgun snap allllll the way back there without skipping it off the ground like a rock across a lake. It takes away the center exchange issues of being under center but allows for fewer mistakes from distance snapping. As long as it helps ManRam (or Kuper or Lilja, who aren't exactly experienced centers) get the ball to Peyton I don't care about the pistol.

Adam Gase, week one, was a far more aggressive play-caller. Very decisive, very quick in the no-huddle, and I like the aggressive shots down field. :salute: Keep it up. For us, being conservative should be 10 play scoring drives, not three runs and a punt. And except for the one series, we were looking for first downs always. I like that.

~G

CoachChaz
09-06-2013, 09:59 AM
The pistol is great if you want to be in shotgun formation but your ogre-like center can't manage to get the shotgun snap allllll the way back there without skipping it off the ground like a rock across a lake. It takes away the center exchange issues of being under center but allows for fewer mistakes from distance snapping. As long as it helps ManRam (or Kuper or Lilja, who aren't exactly experienced centers) get the ball to Peyton I don't care about the pistol.

Adam Gase, week one, was a far more aggressive play-caller. Very decisive, very quick in the no-huddle, and I like the aggressive shots down field. :salute: Keep it up. For us, being conservative should be 10 play scoring drives, not three runs and a punt. And except for the one series, we were looking for first downs always. I like that.

~G

Really? One bad shotgun snap prompts this?

With all the hatred our interior line gets, you'd think Manning spends every game on his back. and completes 30% of his passes

G_Money
09-06-2013, 09:59 AM
That was the point I was trying to make. With 4-5 better than average receiving options, the quick outs and screens are as equally as effective as short runs. In certain sets, a team's 4th best DB is going to have to cover Welker.

Collinsworth was talking last night about how Hillman is a little guy, and whether they would test his pass-blocking skills by blitzing when he was in the game. Paes looked at him like he had two heads. "No, because what makes you think he'll be blocking? They'll leak him out in the flat and throw him the ball right past the blitz." Which we will, and which should be really effective. He does look good in open space.

If Decker and Welker can hold onto the ball and the RBs can just make first downs when we need em, look out.

~G

underrated29
09-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Who'd have thought our old OC was so inept. If only someone was here to say I told you so. That would be crazy!!!!!!!!!,!,!!,,!!

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 10:02 AM
:laugh: So we are going to base everything off a game where we had 6 months to prepare for? :lol: Ok!!!!

artie_dale
09-06-2013, 10:04 AM
:laugh: So we are going to base everything off a game where we had 6 months to prepare for? :lol: Ok!!!!

Maybe 6 months to mentally prepare. But just because this was the first game of the regular season doesn't mean the Broncos didn't have to wait and consider what the Ravens were doing in the preseason. I would say realistically 2 weeks to prepare (end of 3rd preseason game).

Bosco
09-06-2013, 10:05 AM

~G

I personally despise the pistol. I'm not at all a fan of putting the running back that deep, and with the athletes in the NFL it is a recipe for disaster...probably why it never really caught on except as a fad. I don't imagine it will be long lived this time either.

G_Money
09-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Really? One bad shotgun snap prompts this?

With all the hatred our interior line gets, you'd think Manning spends every game on his back. and completes 30% of his passes

Manny might get much better before the end of the year, but QB/C exchanges are about the only thing that'll slow this down. The pistol means there's less time for an off-target snap to get away from Manning. No, I do not trust Ramirez. He's very strong, but that's about all he has going for him. Whatever we can do to mitigate his weaknesses are good with me, and IMO the pistol should help.

~G

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Maybe 6 months to mentally prepare. But just because this was the first game of the regular season doesn't mean the Broncos didn't have to wait and consider what the Ravens were doing in the preseason. I would say realistically 2 weeks to prepare (end of 3rd preseason game).

I think that Manning has played against this defense and this DC many times before, and things haven't changed. It's why division rivals are usually tougher against one another, because they know the other teams tendencies from year to year. I would say that Peyton has prepared for this game since losing in the playoffs, and CERTAINLY since the schedule came out. This wasn't "revenge"..but purely a fact that Manning is a competitor and wanted to come out hot. We had MUCH more than just 2 weeks to come up with an offensive (and defensive) game plan for this game...just like every team does going into the opening game.

G_Money
09-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Um... they had the same amount of time to prepare, right?

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Um... they had the same amount of time to prepare, right?

yeah.. I'm not taking anything away from the Broncos. I'm saying that although we looked fantastic on offense last night, that I'm not going to raise our OC on a pedestal and complain about anyone else based on a single game that we had a LONG time to prepare for. That's it.

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 10:17 AM
It is near impossible to run against the Ravens. Gase was smart to realize that in the 4th on that one series with 3 straight runs. That didn't happen again. If only McCoy realized that in the last game. The RBs were fantastic on the PA short passes that were a 1st down or close to it each time. Hillman is not needed to block because anytime a defense sends a blitz he can just pick up a screen pass instead and most likely a big gain. We all know Peyton will take those passes all game long.

underrated29
09-06-2013, 10:22 AM
My favorite play of the game was the one that iced it for us. 3rd down and 8 to go with 1:20 on the clock, everyone is thinking run and instead we throw it to DT and let him get passed one guy and carry another for 3 yards and the first. That play shows that we have the killer instinct. Manning or gase or fox, whoever called that play- my hat is off to you.

UnderArmour
09-06-2013, 10:27 AM
He went conservative on one series in the 4th, and then stepped back on the gas on the next one. The Broncos need to get the running game going, but how can you complain about your team hanging 49 on the defending world champs?

I think we can get the running game going as we become more comfortable with Ball as a pass protector. Our running game was painfully predictable last year and the only thing that made it work was McGahee and then Moreno's abilities to break tackles and grind for a few extra yards. Hillman would just get stuffed because he wouldn't and couldn't just run through the line for a few scrap yards.

My only fear is that when we get late year, a team with the momentum and pass rushers will have enough film to cover our passing attack and we won't just be able to air it out like we did. It caught up to the Patriots against the Giants twice when it mattered and it could very well happen again to us if we don't develop a proper running game.

SR
09-06-2013, 10:29 AM

They also had six months to prepare for it...

Ravage!!!
09-06-2013, 10:32 AM
They also had six months to prepare for it...

yeah.. I'm not taking anything away from the Broncos. I'm saying that although we looked fantastic on offense last night, that I'm not going to raise our OC on a pedestal and complain about anyone else based on a single game that we had a LONG time to prepare for. That's it.

jeezus...... .no shit....

jhns
09-06-2013, 10:41 AM
You don't really get 6 months to prepare for a team when they change half their players. While schemes may be the same, play calling won't be. If it is, you have a bad coach who doesn't change play calling to fit his players strengths.

If you want to take away from our OC, just point out the new weapons he has to work with. It's easier to call plays when you add talent like Welker and Thomas to an already talented offense.

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 10:57 AM
My favorite play of the game was the one that iced it for us. 3rd down and 8 to go with 1:20 on the clock, everyone is thinking run and instead we throw it to DT and let him get passed one guy and carry another for 3 yards and the first. That play shows that we have the killer instinct. Manning or gase or fox, whoever called that play- my hat is off to you.

I agree! The Ravens were expecting exactly what we did last year and pulled the safeties up to stop the run. Peyton and Gase figured it out and came up with the perfect play. Worked just like last year's opener. Wasn't that the play after the timeout?

TXBRONC
09-06-2013, 03:09 PM
There is a draw back. If the offense does even better than last year Gase will become he'll be the hot head coaching prospect for next season.

P34flyboy
09-06-2013, 03:14 PM
There is a draw back. If the offense does even better than last year Gase will become he'll be the hot head coaching prospect for next season.

Shannon Sharpe said he will in 3 years, I give it 2 years. Not that I agree with it but these young coaches getting too much power before their ready can damage a franchise very quickly, if you know what I mean

BroncoNut
09-06-2013, 03:14 PM

not to mention I was impressed with how well Moreno and Hillman caught the ball a couple of times last night.

Broncolingus
09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
49.0/gm is a legitimate average for an OC. Keep it up, buddy.

...2nd quarter and on was great - Bombs Away!

(...that's an ole Sports Illustrated cover reference, btw...)

Talk about going 'downfield...'

Awesome!

Broncolingus
09-06-2013, 03:17 PM
... Not that I agree with it but these young coaches getting too much power before their ready can damage a franchise very quickly, if you know what I mean

I think we've learned our lesson...

DenBronx
09-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Gase seems very aggressive and I love that!

Fox is one of the best HCs in the league but its always great when you have HC quality OCs and DCs. Del Rio and Adam Gase are just what we need.

Was great to see Del Rio chewing out Danny after he dropped the ball before the goal line. Del Rio doesnt play. When he was a HC everyone thought he was just a players coach, but as a DC he is one bad SOB.

Adam seems to want to put points up every drive. Him and Manning might be a lethal dose of offensive points for defenses.

MOtorboat
09-06-2013, 05:52 PM

That's the EXACT same play you spent three years bitching about when McCoy called it.

underrated29
09-06-2013, 06:20 PM
That's the EXACT same play you spent three years bitching about when McCoy called it.

NO IT'S NOT!!!
Not even close. You are about as accurate as flacco was on his pass to ray rice.

1. Mccoywould never have thrown in that situation- and that is why it's my fav play of the game.
2. You are thinking of the DT bubble screen (the pits game and this game) that went for a Td.
3. I never complained about that play, I love it. I complained because ALWAYS I MEAN ALWAYS!!! In 2nd and 6/7 yards or 3rd and 6/7 yards McCoy would call that play. Once or twice, here and there fine. But every. Single. Time. In that down and distance and the defense is going to stuff it......which is why is stopped working. McCoy only knew how to call about 20 different plays.

So once again. No.

Davii
09-06-2013, 08:15 PM
NO IT'S NOT!!!
Not even close. You are about as accurate as flacco was on his pass to ray rice.

1. Mccoywould never have thrown in that situation- and that is why it's my fav play of the game.
2. You are thinking of the DT bubble screen (the pits game and this game) that went for a Td.
3. I never complained about that play, I love it. I complained because ALWAYS I MEAN ALWAYS!!! In 2nd and 6/7 yards or 3rd and 6/7 yards McCoy would call that play. Once or twice, here and there fine. But every. Single. Time. In that down and distance and the defense is going to stuff it......which is why is stopped working. McCoy only knew how to call about 20 different plays.

So once again. No.

I don't know just down/distance but I can say with certainty that if we were in that position, ahead trying to grind clock and only needing the first down, McCoy would've called a run there. I can't think of a time in that exact scenario where we threw the ball, and we damn sure didn't against the Ravens in the playoffs last year or the whole Flacco bomb and Kneel might not have ever happened.

TXBRONC
09-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Shannon Sharpe said he will in 3 years, I give it 2 years. Not that I agree with it but these young coaches getting too much power before their ready can damage a franchise very quickly, if you know what I mean

Yeah I know what you mean.

DenBronx
09-06-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't know just down/distance but I can say with certainty that if we were in that position, ahead trying to grind clock and only needing the first down, McCoy would've called a run there. I can't think of a time in that exact scenario where we threw the ball, and we damn sure didn't against the Ravens in the playoffs last year or the whole Flacco bomb and Kneel might not have ever happened.

Now I am confused if it was Fox or McCoy who got conservative in the playoffs.

We still have Fox but Gase was calling the plays. He had the pedal to the metal the whole game, much differant than McCoy.

If you want to be elite and beat the elite teams you can never play scared or just hold on to win because it will come back to bite you.

For now, looks to be a huge upgrade in play calling.

Davii
09-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Now I am confused if it was Fox or McCoy who got conservative in the playoffs.

We still have Fox but Gase was calling the plays. He had the pedal to the metal the whole game, much differant than McCoy.

If you want to be elite and beat the elite teams you can never play scared or just hold on to win because it will come back to bite you.

For now, looks to be a huge upgrade in play calling.

I think Fox is the type of guy that knows he's the head coach, it's his responsibility no matter who called it all year. In other words, I think Fox took the blame for McCoy's calls.

DenBronx
09-07-2013, 12:16 AM
I think Fox is the type of guy that knows he's the head coach, it's his responsibility no matter who called it all year. In other words, I think Fox took the blame for McCoy's calls.

I think that's exactly what happened.

One things for sure, Gase raised the bar. If next weeks game is anything like this weeks then other teams should have nightmares game planning for us.

underrated29
09-07-2013, 04:17 AM
I think that's exactly what happened.

One things for sure, Gase raised the bar. If next weeks game is anything like this weeks then other teams should have nightmares game planning for us.

Is the gmen. IMO I would call the game heavy with draws and rb screens. Their Dl is ferocious, so I'd draw them in and then hit them with a screen or draw to the rb. I would IMO feature the run a LOT more in this game. Their obs are good and their secondary is very suspect so one would think pass but if we keep bringing them for 5-7 yards a pop then the bombs will be open the rest of the day......it'll also help run the clock out. Just my opinion of the type of attack I would likely go with...obviously I don't know the, in and out like the coaches do and whatnot, nor can I gameplan like they do. But we must negate that pass rush they possess.

CrazyHorse
09-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Losing Mike McCoy and Dennis Allen seem like a blessing in disguise now that you think about it. So far Gase and Del Rio look to be upgrades. I'm a bit worried about how effectively we can run the ball. We still put up more yards on the ground than the Ravens though.

Jsteve01
09-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Losing Mike McCoy and Dennis Allen seem like a blessing in disguise now that you think about it. So far Gase and Del Rio look to be upgrades. I'm a bit worried about how effectively we can run the ball. We still put up more yards on the ground than the Ravens though. nobody and I mean nobody is going to run effectively vs that ravens rent. I'll wait to evaluate the run game

BroncoNut
09-07-2013, 09:06 AM
I too liked Adams' aggressive playcalling, but let us not forget that it is also the players that had a part in it too.

Hawgdriver
09-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Kinda upset about the 3x running plays with 5:39 to go. It's just not this team's identity this year. Glad we passed on 3rd down the following series.

ATTACK!!!!

45.0 a game is not bad, but this team is capable of that and more. Keep it up, Adam.

GEM
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
90 points in 2 weeks....the closest is 50 from any other team. :shocked:

P34flyboy
09-16-2013, 09:24 AM
90 points in 2 weeks....the closest is 50 from any other team. :shocked:

The Packers have 66 and there are only two teams in the AFC that have broken 50, Chargers and Texans