PDA

View Full Version : Props to Manny.

Hawgdriver
09-06-2013, 12:25 AM
I have doubts. So far, I'm sittin' in me chair, s'in the f up.

weazel
09-06-2013, 12:28 AM
glug, glug, glug

ShaneFalco
09-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Props to DEBO aka Orlando Franklin. Destroying Doom most of the game.

Hawgdriver
09-06-2013, 12:32 AM
The Ravens line was not a trivial challenge. Hangin 49 is fine.

Dapper Dan
09-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Props to DEBO aka Orlando Franklin. Destroying Doom most of the game.

:rofl: DEBO. I just died. :lol:

wayninja
09-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Where is the life coach when you need him?

Hawgdriver
09-06-2013, 12:37 AM
:rofl: DEBO. I just died. :lol:

Ahhhhhhh shhhhhh..... here come dibo.

BroncoWave
09-06-2013, 12:38 AM
I was impressed with Manny. I don't remember Peyton getting much pressure up the middle at all. Other than the one bad snap, hard to fault him for much tonight. Gotta give him credit for the improvement he's made.

Broncolingus
09-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Agreed... ...I only saw one poor/miss block.

Absolutely no issues with him or the OL in general tonight...

Joel
09-06-2013, 12:52 AM
He did miss a block that got Manning creamed on the first TD to Julius Thomas, and Manning had to dig a ball out of the dirt once, but he had a pretty good game given the Ravens very good front seven. Run blocking's still spotty from all of them though; too many guys getting to our backs before they reach the line.

Simple Jaded
09-06-2013, 01:06 AM
I got mind control over Deebo. He be like "shut the **** up." I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again.

ProBowl LG is overrated.

sneakers
09-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I have doubts. So far, I'm sittin' in me chair, s'in the f up.

yeah, but the refs didn't call holding at all tonight

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Considering Manning threw the ball 137 times tonight I'd say the line was awesome.

Joel
09-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Considering Manning threw the ball 137 times tonight I'd say the line was awesome.
That's only half an offensive linemans job. ;)

Simple Jaded
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Pass protection has got to be one the most overused cliche in Denver sports.

The Broncos should draft a LG and move Beadles to RB. You're welcome.

Joel
09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Pass protection has got to be one the most overused cliche in Denver sports.

The Broncos should draft a LG and move Beadles to RB. You're welcome.
I'd prefer him at FB; he can pick up a blitz and does a good job downfield blocking people half his size, but at the line he's a poor run blocker and no better than average pass blocker. If Kuper were healthy I seriously wonder if Beadles would be starting, because Kuper's better at what Beadles does best, and at least as good a run blocker.

Simple Jaded
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I'd prefer him at FB; he can pick up a blitz and does a good job downfield blocking people half his size, but at the line he's a poor run blocker and no better than average pass blocker. If Kuper were healthy I seriously wonder if Beadles would be starting, because Kuper's better at what Beadles does best, and at least as good a run blocker.

A lot of OL struggle against Ngata and I hope Beadles goes on to price his way out of Denver's budget, Kuper is/was a far better player.

Joel
09-08-2013, 05:53 PM
A lot of OL struggle against Ngata and I hope Beadles goes on to price his way out of Denver's budget, Kuper is/was a far better player.
Fair point on Ngata, but Beadles has had 48 other starts where he rarely looked good run blocking at the line. Kupes doesn't deliver much surge or many pancakes, but doesn't get canned a lot either, and he's solid in pass protection; it's just a question of what shape his foot's in and whether the metal down there snaps under prolonged stress like last year. Either way I'd prefer a road grader at guard, but the NFL wants all linemen to play like tackles now, so I may just have to go on wanting what I can't have.

I'm just really REALLY tired of seeing our runners break two tackles behind the line so they can stumble forward a couple yards and go down under a third while people complain they can't run.

Simple Jaded
09-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Fair point on Ngata, but Beadles has had 48 other starts where he rarely looked good run blocking at the line. Kupes doesn't deliver much surge or many pancakes, but doesn't get canned a lot either, and he's solid in pass protection; it's just a question of what shape his foot's in and whether the metal down there snaps under prolonged stress like last year. Either way I'd prefer a road grader at guard, but the NFL wants all linemen to play like tackles now, so I may just have to go on wanting what I can't have.

I'm just really REALLY tired of seeing our runners break two tackles behind the line so they can stumble forward a couple yards and go down under a third while people complain they can't run.

I think the running game will get better as the season goes.

Joel
09-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I think the running game will get better as the season goes.
Hoping you're right, but our starter injuries this offseason make me wonder how long it'll take for the proverbial "gel." Coupled with our post-Shanny history and youth in every back save Moreno, it worries me; as well as we pass, "one-dimensional offense" is almost a contradiction in terms. Even aside from Thursday nights quotes of Manning saying play action helps his protection, we can't let defenses sell out on anything.

Hawgdriver
09-11-2013, 07:15 PM
glug, glug, glug

continue...

Dzone
09-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Our backs usually get tackled immediately. The Run blocking sucks.

broncohead
09-11-2013, 07:50 PM
The oline does a good job pass blocking but run blocking is terrible.

Hawgdriver
09-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Give it another game. Beside, 500+ offense is enough, whatever flavor.

SR
09-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Manny just got a two year contract extension

Hawgdriver
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
^^^^^^^
boom

Hawgdriver
09-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Actually, this ish makes me a bit giddy

Joel
09-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Give it another game. Beside, 500+ offense is enough, whatever flavor.
We've been giving it (at least) since McDumbass took over; that's a lot more than just one game. We struggled in short yardage even with Mike Anderson under Shanny, because the light agile linemen suited for the ZBS are UNsuited for power football; they kick out and downfield block well, but deliver no line surge. In that sense even Vasquez is more of the same: Great pass blocker, mediocre run blocker. It's only gotten worse since Shanny though; maybe our old linemen didn't give us much surge, but at least they didn't let DTs and LBs pour through the middle to take down backs before they even get the handoff.

Simple Jaded
09-12-2013, 09:14 AM
It's only gotten worse since Shanny though; maybe our old linemen didn't give us much surge, but at least they didn't let DTs and LBs pour through the middle to take down backs before they even get the handoff.
Ben Hamilton did.

Joel
09-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Ben Hamilton did.
Bah, Hamilton was awesome, the only pulling guard we had worthy of the name. He didn't give us any more surge than most ZBS linemen, but I can't recall seeing him canned very much.

Simple Jaded
09-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Bah, Hamilton was awesome, the only pulling guard we had worthy of the name. He didn't give us any more surge than most ZBS linemen, but I can't recall seeing him canned very much.

Shit I remember Hamilton getting abused by 350lb Shaun Rogers on a play that sent Cutler to the X-ray machine before he finished a 3-step drop. He got out-quicked and pancaked by a dude almost 100lbs heavier the he was. Hamilton was everything that was/is wrong with Shanatan's OL, a complete and utter waste of space.

Joel
09-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Well, in his prime a 350 lb. Shaun Rogers could bullrush a lot of guys, and did. I can't fault Hamiltons inability to stop a Sherman tank when most other guards could do no better.

Simple Jaded
09-13-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm not talking about getting bullrushed, Rogers beat him off the snap as if he wasn't even there.

Poet
09-13-2013, 10:23 PM
I hate to ever agree with Joel, because he's a bad person, but Rogers in his prime was really, really good. He could occasionally do that to people. Then he went to Cleveland...

BroncoWave
09-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I hate to ever agree with Joel, because he's a bad person, but Rogers in his prime was really, really good. He could occasionally do that to people. Then he went to Cleveland...

Rogers played for the Saints when I worked there. I think he is the largest man I have ever stood next to.

Poet
09-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Rogers played for the Saints when I worked there. I think he is the largest man I have ever stood next to.

Did he start for them?

BroncoWave
09-13-2013, 10:38 PM
He started a few games, was more of a rotation guy. Definitely a shell of his former self.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2013, 10:53 PM
He started a few games, was more of a rotation guy. Definitely a shell of his former self.

He's a rotation guy for the Giants now.

Simple Jaded
09-14-2013, 01:00 AM

Totally agree on Rogers, but he's hardly the only DL to beat Hamilton like a drum. Rogers was the obvious comparison to me, it's pathetic that a man that huge is not only stronger but far, far quicker.

Hawgdriver
09-16-2013, 12:58 AM
bump for Manncelence.