PDA

View Full Version : Champ will not play

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

TE Joel Dreessen will also be ruled out

With Champ out, Chris Harris will start along with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie at cornerback against Torrey Smith/Jacoby Jones and Ravens.

Champ Bailey will be ruled out for the opener Thursday vs. Baltimore.

weazel
09-04-2013, 03:05 PM
oh well... he was severely torched repeatedly last time we played them. :listen: But lets blame the game on Moore

vandammage13
09-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I hope this won't be one of those kind of seasons where injuries will pop up throughout the year with Champ...You know eventually its going to happen, as it does with all players as they approach the end of their careers, I just hope it's not yet.

vandammage13
09-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Anybody feeling good about Welker this week coming of his ankle injury?..I'm debating whether to start him or Bowe in my fantasy league. I'm leaning towards Welker, but his injury and first game in the Bronco/Manning system is scaring me off a bit.

Dzone
09-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Those foot problems can linger. Dammit. Even a tenth of a second off and champ can get burned. Maybe we will see Kayvon Webster in the game.

vandammage13
09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Those foot problems can linger. Dammit. Even a tenth of a second off and champ can get burned. Maybe we will see Kayvon Webster in the game.

That's all fine and dandy but what do you guys think about Welker?...Only about 24hrs to make a decision. :lol:

Broncolingus
09-04-2013, 03:33 PM
I hope this won't be one of those kind of seasons where injuries will pop up throughout the year with Champ...You know eventually its going to happen, as it does with all players as they approach the end of their careers, I just hope it's not yet.

I agree...

...his age, and right at the start of the season, is starting to quell my optimism.

Fingers crossed he'll get 100%, and stay that way, here in the next week or two.

Hmpf...

P34flyboy
09-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Welker from Manning or Bowe from Alex Smith? I would go with Welker. He has had a lot of rest on that ankle and I do not see that being an issue. In the little time they played, they seemed pretty synced up. Even though KC is playing Jax, what other weapons in the receiving corps will Jax have to cover?

vandammage13
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Welker from Manning or Bowe from Alex Smith? I would go with Welker. He has had a lot of rest on that ankle and I do not see that being an issue. In the little time they played, they seemed pretty synced up. Even though KC is playing Jax, what other weapons in the receiving corps will Jax have to cover?

Yeah I was leaning towards Welker...I guess when in doubt, go with the Bronco.

Jax is pretty bad though...And I still expect the Ravens D to be pretty solid, so there's that to consider too.

weazel
09-04-2013, 04:24 PM

Avery is a burner... and he won't have trouble beating Jax's secondary

Bosco
09-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Not worried about it. None of Baltimore's receivers are that good. They are both boom or bust type players, and Harris and DRC both have the speed and physicality to run deep with them.

nevcraw
09-04-2013, 05:56 PM
That's all fine and dandy but what do you guys think about Welker?...Only about 24hrs to make a decision. :lol:

honestly would go with Bowe. He is the main target in KC - Welker is one of 3 or 4 if you count Thomas (T.E)

P34flyboy
09-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Not worried about it. None of Baltimore's receivers are that good. They are both boom or bust type players, and Harris and DRC both have the speed and physicality to run deep with them.

Couldn't agree more. Still want to see DRC a little more but I have complete faith in Harris. I also believe Rahim will have a stellar game. Nobody is more motivated on the team than him.

P34flyboy
09-04-2013, 06:02 PM
honestly would go with Bowe. He is the main target in KC - Welker is one of 3 or 4 if you count Thomas (T.E)

That is a good point. Jax D has me leaning. But I do believe Welker will have a TD. Him and J. Thomas are the big red zone targets for Peyton. I think the odds are better with getting fantasy points with Welker than Bowe.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2013, 06:51 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The final injury reports from the Baltimore Ravens and Denver Broncos have been released a day ahead of the season-opening matchup.

Four players are listed as out for the game, including three on the Broncos. Below is the full injury report:

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Ravens-Week-Final-Injury-Report/6cf27691-00d3-4c5e-8478-559aff717697

Joel
09-04-2013, 07:07 PM
I agreed till I checked their depth chart yesterday: Apparently Stokley was serious about not retiring, because he's on it. So is Dallas Clark. I'm more worried about them against Trevathan, and our offensive line, than Harris filling in for Champ. After all, I spent most of the offseason saying he was ready to do that permanently so Champ went to safety; it'd be hypocritical to change my tune now. ;)

I still feel good about this game, but always wish Champ the best, and Dreesen too (will miss his receiving and blocking.) Hope they're 100% and back on the field soon, and we don't let them down in the mean time.

SR
09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Stokely being with Baltimore is news to you?

jhns
09-05-2013, 08:23 AM
oh well... he was severely torched repeatedly last time we played them. :listen: But lets blame the game on Moore

He also shut the same recievers down a few weeks before that...

Get healthy Champ!

P34flyboy
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I am actually pretty excited about our defense tonight. Champ was burned in last game. Allows younger, faster talent to step up. Also really like Trevathon, think he is a great talent.

And, about welker vs bowe... Matthew Berry just had welker as a WR he hates. So we shall see who is better, Matthew Berry or myself lol

Joel
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Stokely being with Baltimore is news to you?
Yeah. I've paid more attention to their D since they live and die by it and I have little regard for Flacco.