PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2013 Week 1 Preview - Broncos vs Ravens

EmDiggy
09-03-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvo9nPT6zMY

Good afternoon Broncos fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Joel
09-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Interesting analysis, as always; thanks. Yet I'm curious: Do you still expect Jammer to be a big factor? He's always been a solid cover corner, but the word fram camp is his attempted transition to safety was awful, as our recently released depth chart reflects: Even with Champ hobbled Jammer's listed as the #3 LCB behind him and Harris, with Duke Ihenacho beating out journeyman former starter Mike Adams as #1 SS.

Maybe it's orange-colored glasses, but I agree with your overall predicted outcome. I'm just not convinced the draft and FA filled enough of the holes age and FA left in Baltimores D, and if it doesn't play at its usual dominant level this could be a long year for the Ravens, especially Flacco. On the other hand, Doom and Millers absence as well as our shuffling safeties concerns me, but my biggest worry is our shuffling lineman and whether claims of Manny Ramirezs improvement are justified enough for him to be a quality starting center in a very sophisticated offense that has long struggled with inside running.

I still like us at home, because I don't think our D need be THAT good to stop a Ravens offense that's always been secondary to their D, and unless it plays at a very high level despite a very high altitude and pace our passing could light them up with even mediocre play from our line and backs.

underrated29
09-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Video not working.

TXBRONC
09-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks Emory great job as usual.

It will be interesting to see how Denver handles the next six weeks.

Chef Zambini
09-04-2013, 08:54 AM
love this analysis, too bad vid cut out after first diagram.
so let me turn this into a "cant wait till gameday thread.
what are your concerns?

Mine, coverage of the TE
deep zone coverage.
the health of champ.
the health of wolfe / our pass rush.
special teams, all phases.
fumblitis.
I feel good about our 3 headed running monster .
I feel good about woodyard
I fell GREAT about our passing game.
I fell good about our coaches putting together a great gameplan for this first game and how last year they showed the ablity to make productive second half adjustments.
I am totaly confident in PFM.
I like montee in short yardage situations.
I like KM as the main back for all other situations.
I like hillman in the third quarter , not in the 4th when the D will be trying to strip the ball or the first quarter.
I like the TE as receivers, something we did not show the ravens in PS.