PDA

View Full Version : City to be “United in Orange Thursday” for Denver Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock proclaimed Denver to be “United in Orange” for Thursday’s NFL opener in which the Denver Broncos play the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens.

Hancock will join with Miles the Mascot and a contingent of Broncos Super Fans for a bicycle procession from the City and County Building to Sports Authority Field at Mile High before the game. He also encouraged Broncos fans throughout the city, region and state to wear orange on that day.

Forget the controversy over the large posters of Ravens’ quarterback Joe Flacco throughout Denver, the city will go all out in orange on Friday (my words, I assume it should be Thursday). Several landmarks will be lit up in orange to support the Broncos, including the D&F Tower, Elitch Gardens Observation Tower and Big Wheel, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Four Seasons Spire, 1600 Glenarm Building, Lighting along 14th Street and the DIA Welcome Sign.

Adding to that support the Denver Pavilions will display a large Broncos Jersey, Larimer Square will display Broncos Banners, Broncos banners will be hung along the 16th Street Mall and DIA digital welcome signs will display “Go Broncos” messages and the DIA train will play a special Broncos message from Mayor Hancock.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2013/09/03/city-to-be-united-in-orange-for-denver-broncos/100059/

Magnificent Seven
09-03-2013, 03:56 PM
I will wear Orange all day long!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I will wear Orange all day long!

I wore my orange short-sleeved Broncos shirt today to get groceries, and many people said to me "GO BRONCOS"

MOtorboat
09-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Big fan of the orange...

but...

LOL...hippies.

Broncos Super Fans for a bicycle procession from the City and County Building to Sports Authority Field

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Big fan of the orange...

but...

LOL...hippies.

:confused::confused:

MOtorboat
09-03-2013, 05:03 PM
:confused::confused:

I'm sorry. I knew that could derail the thread...but nothing shows a tough football crowd like a bike ride.

G_Money
09-03-2013, 05:09 PM
That's a BAMF right there with the basket on his bike.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/style/files/2012/04/00110941_H11342911-495x404.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2013, 05:48 PM
DENVER (CBS4) – Denver Mayor Michael Hancock is asking everyone to show their Broncos spirit this week.

Hancock has issued a proclamation declaring Thursday “United in Orange Day.” That’s when the Broncos host the Baltimore Ravens in the first NFL game of the season at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

In his proclamation the mayor reminds fans going to Thursday’s game to be in their seats by 6:15 p.m. for a special kickoff celebration. He also recognizes Pat Bowlen for beginning his 30th year as the team’s owner.

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/09/03/mayor-hancock-declares-thursday-united-in-orange-day/

SR
09-03-2013, 05:57 PM

The guy on the left that looks like Ben Stiller in Dodgeball looks equally tuff

MasterShake
09-03-2013, 10:49 PM
All but 2 Flacco banners remain on 16th street mall. This town is ready.

Army Bronco
09-03-2013, 10:53 PM
All but 2 Flacco banners remain on 16th street mall. This town is ready.Seriously? Get off your lazy keesters and get the last two and rip off the one on the stadium. Hurry, we have a day and a half.

dogfish
09-03-2013, 10:57 PM

"That guy is black, he's probably a dangerous thug."

- Sincerely, Chazoe

Broncolingus
09-04-2013, 06:12 PM
All but 2 Flacco banners remain on 16th street mall.

I hope they've been vandalized and horribly disgraced...