PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to Crowd: 'Come With It'

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2013, 01:53 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Even Peyton Manning acknowledged it.

There's always excitement surrounding the season-opener. But having played in the NFL Kickoff Game two times with the Indianapolis Colts, the quarterback could speak from experience that Thursday night's game feels just a bit bigger than normal.

"It’s got a little something extra to it," he said.

It just so happens that the game will be played against the defending Super Bowl champions, and that team happens to be the one that knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs in 2012.

It's hard to build a larger stage than that.

As Head Coach John Fox put it Saturday afternoon, "you've got to be sick or dead to not be excited for opening day."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-to-Crowd-Come-With-It/cea3a436-a599-4ae7-86d7-a722d56938c8

Nomad
09-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm surprised the game starts so early......4:30 Denver Time (2:30pm here), at least that's what NFL.com says. It's good for me because I'll get to watch the whole game before going to work.

BroncoWave
09-02-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm surprised the game starts so early......4:30 Denver Time (2:30pm here), at least that's what NFL.com says. It's good for me because I'll get to watch the whole game before going to work.

The game is at 6:30 Denver time. If NFL.com says 4:30 it's incorrect.

Nomad
09-02-2013, 02:14 PM
The game is at 6:30 Denver time. If NFL.com says 4:30 it's incorrect.

I looked back and it was Anchorage time.....that makes more sense. I guess the times are preset for here when I click on the site.

Broncolingus
09-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I looked back and it was Anchorage time.....that makes more sense. I guess the times are preset for here when I click on the site.

Miss those days of watching games at the Peanut Farm or Homestead...

...definitely was a different experience, eating breakfast and catching the morning games.

Nomad
09-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Miss those days of watching games at the Peanut Farm or Homestead...

...definitely was a different experience, eating breakfast and catching the morning games.

There is a place here called the Eagle River Ale House I go to and watch the games not on tv.....saves me from having to drive to the Peanut Farm. It gives me and my boys' some bonding time. I think they go just for the breakfast or lunch:lol:, because when the games are on tv at home, they hardly ever watch with me anymore. They use to as little kids.

Broncolingus
09-02-2013, 04:12 PM
There is a place here called the Eagle River Ale House I go to and watch the games not on tv.....saves me from having to drive to the Peanut Farm. It gives me and my boys' some bonding time. I think they go just for the breakfast or lunch:lol:, because when the games are on tv at home, they hardly ever watch with me anymore. They use to as little kids.

I remember that place...pretty close to Homestead.

I used to go to Homestead there in Eagle River when I lived on Fort Richardson...then, when we moved to Southport, I started going to Peanut Farm.

It was funny...some of the diehard's (or maybe die-early's) would start pounding drinks at 0800-0900 (or earlier) those mornings while eating breakfast for those early games...

First time, I thought is that legal? ...then I remembered I'm in Alaska :D

(I used to hate when Denver played an early game, btw )

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 05:17 PM
rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-to-Crowd-Come-With-It/cea3a436-a599-4ae7-86d7-a722d56938c8

Well, at least you folks get to kick off against a good team, to get the adrenaline pumping.