PDA

View Full Version : Broncos select 53 players for run at Super Bowl XLVIII

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2013, 09:56 AM
John Elway and John Fox didn't have to say it. It was clear in the way they picked the Broncos' 53-man roster.

The two Johns reinforced this roster as if they expect this team to make a legitimate Super Bowl run this season. Not next season. In 2013.

"Everyone says you want to win now," Elway said. "And I say we want to win from now on."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23991898/broncos-select-53-run-at-xlviii

Mr Bojangles
09-01-2013, 10:47 AM
And I got ridiculed for suggesting that "expectations" were running high around the Mile High city..?

HAHA.....pure comic gold. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go dig up those insulting comments!

But, WTH...you know who you are.

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 11:02 AM
And I got ridiculed for suggesting that "expectations" were running high around the Mile High city..?

HAHA.....pure comic gold. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go dig up those insulting comments!

But, WTH...you know who you are.

:lol: Nice try, but sorry. Carol posts every Broncos related article she sees, and titles the threads with the title of the article. This one just happens to mention the Broncos tying to make a SB run this season.

Mr Bojangles
09-01-2013, 11:16 AM
:lol: Nice try, but sorry. Carol posts every Broncos related article she sees, and titles the threads with the title of the article. This one just happens to mention the Broncos tying to make a SB run this season.

I guess you hadn't read the article, before making that comment..?

Cutting rookies and other young players to make the big push for the SB this season, that's the gist of the article, Wave.

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Cutting rookies and other young players to make the big push for the SB this season, that's the gist of the article, Wave.

What does that have to do with your claim that our fans "expect" to win the Super Bowl this season? Of course the Broncos are shaping their roster to TRY to win the SB this year, they would be stupid not to.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2013, 11:20 AM
The jist of the article is that this is the roster we are starting the season with. The journey to the Super Bowl or however you want to say it, starts at Week One. This is the roster we are starting with. That's all.

And, yeah, the FO plans on going to and winning the Super Bowl. They want to win now.

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 11:27 AM
The jist of the article is that this is the roster we are starting the season with. The journey to the Super Bowl or however you want to say it, starts at Week One. This is the roster we are starting with. That's all.

And, yeah, the FO plans on going to and winning the Super Bowl. They want to win now.

Apparently this article proves BJ's ridiculous assertion that Broncos fans "expect" to win the SB this season.

Pudge
09-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I'll bet he doesn't even hope the patriots make it, because that would be ridiculous :rolleyes:

turftoad
09-01-2013, 12:00 PM

Jeeezus I must be stupid. I was under the impression that it was EVERY teams goal to push for the Superbowl EVERY year.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Jeeezus I must be stupid. I was under the impression that it was EVERY teams goal to push for the Superbowl EVERY year.

Nah, bro. Didn't you see the memo that Elway sent to Tned? We're shooting for the AFC Championship. Goodell says he wants a Giants-Jets Super Bowl. We will lose to the Jets in the AFC Championship.

Simple Jaded
09-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Apparently they cut Jacob Hester.

turftoad
09-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Nah, bro. Didn't you see the memo that Elway sent to Tned? We're shooting for the AFC Championship. Goodell says he wants a Giants-Jets Super Bowl. We will lose to the Jets in the AFC Championship.

And if you have been watching the waiver wire like I have, you will see that the Broncos are the only team in the league that are cutting rookies and young players.

Army Bronco
09-01-2013, 03:06 PM

Jeeezus I must be stupid. I was under the impression that it was EVERY teams goal to push for the Superbowl EVERY year.No..only the Patriots push for the SB every year. The other teams just go out to play a little and make a lot of money.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2013, 03:15 PM

AND bringing some of those rookies and young players back on the practice squad, and keeping a rookie QB on the 53 man roster, as the Broncos did not want to lose him. Please get your facts correct, before posting.

Army Bronco
09-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Every Denver fan was remembering the similarities between the Den team that lost to the Jags and come back to win the SB. Maybe someone already addressed this but I didn't see it. We also signed a star defensive player"Neil Smith" from a div rival just like we just signed Phillips from the chargers this year. We got it in the bag!!!

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I'll bet he doesn't even hope the patriots make it, because that would be ridiculous :rolleyes:

Pudge, let's get one thing straight, as it seems from your comment that you think I am ridiculing Bronco fans for being enthusiastic and expecting to win the SB.

I am not ridiculing you at all. All I suggested was the signing of Welker should not be too over-rated to the extent that a title was a foregone conclusion, and some restraint was warranted until the season started to play out.

Belittling the fans for their fandom was certainly not my intent. Hell, I am one of the biggest Patriots' boosters of all time, Mr. Optimism himself, but I have learned that it never pays to get too far ahead of things because anything can happen, and usually does. In other words, I was actually looking out for you Denver fans when I started that thread.

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 03:15 PM

Sure, turn it around.

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 03:17 PM
AND bringing some of those rookies and young players back on the practice squad, and keeping a rookie QB on the 53 man roster, as the Broncos did not want to lose him. Please get your facts correct, before posting.

They weren't my facts, carol...I didn't write the article.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2013, 03:34 PM
And if you have been watching the waiver wire like I have, you will see that the Broncos are the only team in the league that are cutting rookies and young players.

Are you referring to the 5th and 7th round draft picks that are now on the practice squad?

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry, guys.....I won't be able to respond to your comments any further.

It seems that if I make any observations outside of the Smack Shack to which any of you Denver fans disagree, then I must certainly only be trolling and trying to incite you.

it couldn't possibly just be a case where we simply disagree!

Broncolingus
09-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Really, my only big concern (maybe more fair to say question mark) this year is being able to generate a consistent pass rush from the defensive line.

...especially the first 6 games of the season.

We'll see...

Putting Faggo on his butt frequently and with prejudice Thursday night would be a nice start...