PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Transactions

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Only one so far:

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 20m

Only #Broncos transaction filed with the NFL today was to release WR Quincy McDuffie from IR with an injury settlement.

Jsteve01
08-30-2013, 06:12 PM
The post is saying Robinson will be cut. I wish it was Caldwell

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Always dependable during a running back crisis, Lance Ball was a professional to the end.

Making way for undrafted rookie C.J. Anderson, the Broncos released Ball on Thursday.

"Closing another chapter in my book, thanks to the Broncos Organization for the years of great memories and also the fans who supported me!" Ball wrote on his Twitter account.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23985280/gerell-robinson-cut-by-broncos-likely-making-room

Ziggy
08-30-2013, 06:55 PM
The post is saying Robinson will be cut. I wish it was Caldwell

Caldwell hangs onto the ball. Robinson doesn't.

ShaneFalco
08-30-2013, 06:55 PM
sucks but Ball never really broke out here.

chazoe60
08-30-2013, 06:58 PM
I for one would like to thank Ball for his hard work and time as a Bronco. IMHO he was what you need in a back up RB, he did everything okay, nothing spectacular but also wasn't horrible at anything either. He always seemed to give it everything he had. Always seemed like a team first type of guy too.

Broncolingus
08-30-2013, 06:59 PM
No surprise on Hester...esp. after last night.

Feel sorry for Robinson...he played well this preseason.

Ball was gracious in his departure...good man.

ShaneFalco
08-30-2013, 07:06 PM
i would have kept robinson. but most likely really hard with the trio of stars to keep around

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 59m

But #Broncos have some injury issues to deal with in setting the 53. Stew Bradley, Kuper, Lilja, CJ Anderson, McCray, even Champ for Wk 1.

The #Broncos like RB CJ Anderson too much to expose him to waivers. Choices are 53 or IR. And he's getting healthy, so ... we'll see.

Lance Ball had long odds to make the 53 -- behind HIllman + Ball + Moreno, plus RFA tender salary of $1.3 million.

DenBronx
08-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Lance Ball made zero sense for the 53 roster. I dont care if he played special teams either, he wasnt a good RB and we sure as hell didnt want to spend the 1.3 mill. Way too much upside for Monte, Ronnie or CJ and Moreno is THE best pass catching RB we have.

Who has a complete list of todays cuts?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-30-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't see Kuper going anywhere. He just restructured his deal to stay with the team. They're not going to find better depth for the line than him. He's probably still good enough to start on that line at atleast two positions.

Broncolingus
08-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Lance Ball made zero sense for the 53 roster. I dont care if he played special teams either, he wasnt a good RB and we sure as hell didnt want to spend the 1.3 mill. Way too much upside for Monte, Ronnie or CJ and Moreno is THE best pass catching RB we have.

Who has a complete list of todays cuts?

I think all that were disclosed today were in the article...

...(the article also says) the remainder won't be disclosed until the final 53-man roster is finalized before 4:00pm tomorrow.

Unless I misread...

Joel
08-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Genuinely surprised Lance Ball was cut, but props to him for a giving us his all and making a classy departure, though I freely admit always being down on him as a back. He was good in the open field and as a receiver, but never broke tackles, and with our recent history of poor blocking at the line that's an absolute must; it was the one really good thing about McGahee.

So Hillman, Montee, Moreno and Anderson—is that it? If not, any indication who else we're keeping? Still liking Jeremiah Johnson, but not sure the coaches do.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2013, 08:09 PM
I think Ball and Robinson will be given a chance by other teams.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 34m

Can confirm CJ Anderson made the final 53. He'll be back to full speed in two weeks or less.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Broncos waive rookie WR Lamaar Thomas.

Broncos waive LB Damien Holmes

Don't think the above was posted

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

DE John Youboty a strong practice-squad candidate.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Tom Helmer ‏@Tom_Helmer 2h

If Bolden's tweet is any indication he made the team than it doesn't bode well for Quentin Jammer to make the team. Broncs will keep 10 DB's

Omar C. Bolden ‏@Os_Island 2h

I believe dreams come true...
Retweeted by Tom Helmer

Joel
08-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Maybe hopeful whistling in the dark though, 'cause Bolden looked pretty bad last night.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos 3h

EVP of Football Ops @JohnElway & Head Coach John Fox will meet the press tomorrow at 2 & 2:30 p.m. MT, respectively. Will be streamed live.

Dzone
08-30-2013, 09:20 PM
So Maybe we see Virgil Green play fullback when they need one?
So the RBs are M ball, moreno, hillman and cj anderson? Is J Johnson history? He ran hard last night..does he stay until CJ is ready?

Army Bronco
08-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Robinson had a hell of a game. Better than King did.

topscribe
08-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Robinson had a hell of a game. Better than King did.
Guess it was just too little, too late.

Hope Robinson clears waivers. Word is the Broncos would like him on the PS.

Ziggy
08-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Aaron Hester got cut. I haven't heard anything about Jacob Hester.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 09:53 PM
from article:

The Broncos will not announce their 53-man roster, or any of their roster moves to get them there, until close to the 4 p.m. Saturday deadline. The roster decisions likely will be complete come a team meeting Saturday at 1 p.m. The Broncos will hold their first practice as a 53-man team on Sunday morning. They open their season Thursday night against the Baltimore Ravens at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

full article - things in there about Robinson
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23985280/gerell-robinson-cut-by-broncos-likely-making-room

dogfish
08-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Aaron Hester got cut. I haven't heard anything about Jacob Hester.

i still think he makes it. . . we carried four TBs and a FB all last year, i expect it to be the same. . .

i like JJ, but i don't think he makes it. . .

Jsteve01
08-30-2013, 10:31 PM
i still think he makes it. . . we carried four TBs and a FB all last year, i expect it to be the same. . .

i like JJ, but i don't think he makes it. . . if he were even a passable pass blocker he would have a slot. He is a very good runner. I agree with what Vic said about him being the best pure runner on the roster

Ziggy
08-30-2013, 10:38 PM

i like JJ, but i don't think he makes it. . .

Hester is our best blocker. Having Manning makes him invaluable for that reason. I think he makes it as well.

edit: If someone can translate this tweet to English for me, we might know whether or not Hester made the team--

C.J. Anderson ‏@CjAndersonRB9 4h
@JacobHester22 bro E txt me I'm in crazy keys get 2 work man keep helping and being that great vet

Joel
08-30-2013, 10:46 PM
if he were even a passable pass blocker he would have a slot. He is a very good runner. I agree with what Vic said about him being the best pure runner on the roster
What's the logic there, Hillman will potentially be better than Johnson? Johnson catches well and runs better, and Hillman plays a lot despite not blocking either, so it's hard to see what he brings to the table Johnson doesn't. Apart from TD-fumbles, of course. I know it's only his second year, but if potential trumped performance Canton would look very different.

As for Aaron Hester, I wish him well, but when he gave up that long TD I winced as much for his future as for an otherwise meaningless preseason score.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 33m

Ben Garland still has practice squad eligibility left. Probably wasn't a harder worker (sorry, Peyton) in #Broncos camp.

Moved to OL this offseason RT @MikeKlis: Broncos waive former Air Force DT Ben Garland. He spent all last season on practice squad.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2013, 10:52 PM
The Denver Broncos' top football executive, John Elway, has consistently preached the benefits of youth, homegrown players and in the era of the seven-round draft the importance of finding an undrafted rookie or two along the way who can help his team.

And as the Broncos made moves on the way to trimming their roster to 53 players, there was a little of each of those tenets.

The Broncos did not officially file most of their Friday moves to the NFL’s personnel department by the end of the day, meaning none of them are tabulated in their roster total until they do. (The only transaction they filed was an injury settlement with rookie wide receiver Quincy McDuffie.) But they did inform a small group of players that they were no longer with the team. Veteran running back Lance Ball was one of them, and he took to Twitter after getting the news:

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/153/rb-anderson-tweets-im-a-bronco

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 09:49 AM
I am wondering if either McCoy or Allen will pick up Lance Ball

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Will Broncos keep Zac Dysert as No. 3 QB? Said Dysert: http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/5bd7af66-482f-40f0-89a7-a1b455eed9a6/?source=twitter …

Could the Broncos keep both Bolden, Jammer and 11 DBs? http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/

Unusual salary structure for Broncos tight ends | First-and-Orange — The Denver Post http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/08/31/unusual-salary-structure-for-broncos-tight-ends/21207/ …

Young talent in C.J. Anderson beats out experience in Lance Ball for 5th RB spot. Details Here: http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/af9343f4-acd7-41f6-9e37-e15bedc0ebe5/?source=twitter …

DE Jeremy Beal has been waived.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Broncos waived Guard-Center C.J. Davis.

G-C Philip Blake to be waived. 4th-rd pick in 2012. Not sure 27-year-old goes on practice squad but he's eligible.

Jsteve01
08-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Broncos waived Guard-Center C.J. Davis.

G-C Philip Blake to be waived. 4th-rd pick in 2012. Not sure 27-year-old goes on practice squad but he's eligible.

Well this pours water on the idea that this regime it chained to their draft picks. Also, makes me feel a little better about cutting Robinson. Although I still felt he had a better pre season than King. The sad thing for Robinson is that if the receiving corps had a different makeup he might have stuck. If you had two Reggie Wayne sized guys rather than Thomas and decker than Robinson probably sticks.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 18m

Broncos will only keep one backup tackle -- Chris Clark -- to starters Ryan Clady, Orland Franklin. Starting LG Zane Beadles would be 4th OT

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 21m

Broncos waive rookie OT Vinston Painter, a 6th-round pick. They hope he makes it to practice squad.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

I can confirm Broncos are going with 5 RBs Montee Ball, Hillman, Moreno, Hester and CJ Anderson.

I can confirm Jacob Hester and Steve Vallos made the final 53.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 42s

RT @Bronco_Mike251: @VicLombardi Any news on the TE's? are all 4 of Green, Thomas, Tamme, Dreessen safe?---all four good

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 38s

RT @Jeff_Legwold: Everybody always says today's #NFL cut day toughest, I think tomorrow after waiver claims, cuz guys thought they made it.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Reminder

Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos 21h

EVP of Football Ops @JohnElway & Head Coach John Fox will meet the press tomorrow at 2 & 2:30 p.m. MT, respectively. Will be streamed live.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Elway-Fox/1c4e2959-d27a-45fb-8958-d13ae2dd7088

LTC Pain
08-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Just saw on the NFL Network that Ian Rapaport reports the Broncos will cut Ray Lilja.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m

No surprise Quantetus Smith goes to IR. He admitted a setback in his ACL recovery.

spikerman
08-31-2013, 02:56 PM

No surprise Quantetus Smith goes to IR. He admitted a setback in his ACL recovery.

Well that sucks.

BroncoWave
08-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Just saw on the NFL Network that Ian Rapaport reports the Broncos will cut Ray Lilja.

No huge shocker there. Not sure what anyone was expecting from him given that he had microfracture surgery this offseason.

Traveler
08-31-2013, 03:05 PM

Then why cut Beal? Unless they plan to keep McCray on the active roster.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-31-2013, 03:07 PM

Well, he didn't exactly make a bunch of plays this preseason.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:08 PM

Don't know - Elway/Fox were to be on at 2:00/2:30 explaining things, but it has not started yet. Possibly, they are making more cuts, or whatever.

Looks now like it is close to starting

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Elway-Fox/1c4e2959-d27a-45fb-8958-d13ae2dd7088

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

Ryan Lilja, Jeremiah Johnson, Jake O'Connel released.

Traveler
08-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Broncos waived WR Tavarres King

Beat writer Jeff Legwold recently anointed King the Broncos' fifth receiver, but his five-catch preseason apparently wasn't enough. A fifth-round pick, King was initially considered a contender for the Broncos' No. 4 receiver job. King boasts 4.47 speed and 33-inch arms to go along with his 6-0, 189 frame, so he should get some looks on waivers. If not, he'll be stashed on the practice squad. Related: Broncos
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Aug 31 - 3:26 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

Surprise: WR Tavarres King waived. Broncos don't keep 5th (king), 5th (Quanterus Smith) and 6th (Vinston Painter) rd draft picks

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Broncos' 53-Man Roster Finalized

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-53-Man-Roster-Finalized/0dc701db-1860-43a0-9fd4-8073f6fee69a

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m

Rookie OLB Lerentee McCray is also on IR -- serious high ankle sprain. There was a possibility he would have made the 53, Elway said.

On Quanterus Smith to IR: "The knee just never came back. He was never 100 percent. ... He needs more time, and we'll work on it."

Elway on Dystert: "We thought it was in our best interest to protect him."

Rookie QB Zac Dysert made the Broncos 53-man roster. Denver, again, is keeping 3 QBs.

Broncos put Stewart Bradley on injured reserve. Had surgery on wrist, would miss at least another month.

Elway: "Bottom line is we kept the best 53."

Biggest surprise on Broncos roster is release of both young WRs Tavarres King + Gerell Robinson

spikerman
08-31-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm guessing King comes back to the practice squad.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m

I asked Elway about pass rush vs. Baltimore, sans Miller, Dumervil et all. "We're not going to rush. We're dropping 11." #jokes

Decision to cut Lilja was about concerns about his long-term health, and also short-team having enough guys to practice.

jhildebrand
08-31-2013, 03:40 PM
I am surprised they cut both Tavarres King and Gerell Robinson. I figured they would be keeping at least one.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-31-2013, 03:47 PM
We're keeping the same # of WR's as TE's.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:53 PM
We're keeping the same # of WR's as TE's.

Fox stated the Broncos' offense is to really not have a FB, so the TE's fill that purpose also

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 5m

John Fox, asked if Zac Dysert forced Broncos to keep him on the 53. After a pause, "He earned it."

dogfish
08-31-2013, 03:57 PM
don't be surprised if we look through other team's cuts for a veteran wideout. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 03:58 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 25m

Elway on Vallos over Llija: "Steve won that job.''

Elway said not designating any of the IR guys for return.

Broncolingus
08-31-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm guessing King comes back to the practice squad.

...if nobody else claims him first.

Hate to see a draft pick not make it - esp. a late mid-rounder.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones

I would expect that if these guys clear waivers, will be on Den's PS: WRs King + Robinson, B Garland, J. Yobouty, V. Painter, P. Cornick.

John Fox said he thinks Broncos and Ravens will get "a bit of coddling" with waiver clearance in order to get PS set.

Broncos will practice tomorrow -- like a regular Wednesday -- quick turnaround to get practice squad set.

The Broncos who made the 53 spent afternoon in meetings, getting ready to go through a walk-thru. It's game week in Denver.

Champ Bailey -- out of waking boot. So there's that.

Joel
08-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 25m

Elway on Vallos over Llija: "Steve won that job.''

Elway said not designating any of the IR guys for return.
Still surprises me, but glad to have an explanation. If Vallos is playing well and Lilja looks gimpy, well, "once did" and "might do" are less important than "is doing," especially in a title run.

sneakers
08-31-2013, 06:22 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23985280/gerell-robinson-cut-by-broncos-likely-making-room

Bye lance ball! good luck

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Most significant move: It was a tough couple days for some of the Broncos' younger players. After retaining the bulk of their draft classes in the first two years on the job for John Elway and John Fox, the Broncos waived four former draft picks Saturday. Three were from the two Elway/Fox classes, when they trimmed the roster to 53 players.

Center/guard Philip Blake (fourth round in 2012), Jeremy Beal (seventh round in ’11), wide receiver Tavarres King (fifth round in ’13) and tackle Vinston Painter (sixth round in ’13) were all let go. King, who spent much of training camp and the preseason working with the second-team offense, likely lost his spot when the Broncos kept 11 defensive backs and three quarterbacks, including rookie Zac Dysert.

King and Painter are practice squad possibilities if they clear waivers.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/175/denver-broncos-cut-down-analysis

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Ryan Lilja's knowledge of the Denver Broncos' offensive scheme, and his five years as Peyton Manning's teammate with the Indianapolis Colts weren't enough to outweigh concerns over the 31-year-old's long-term ability to stay healthy.

Lilja was released Saturday as part of the Broncos collection of moves to get their roster to 53 players before the league-imposed deadline. Lilja said during training camp he had considered himself largely retired when the Broncos came calling after Dan Koppen went on injured reserve with a torn ACL.

Lilja had also had knee and toe surgeries early in the offseason. After initially, and briefly, working his way up into the No. 2 center spot, Lilja then missed significant practice time because of his knee.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9620426/ryan-lilja-released-denver-broncos

Ziggy
08-31-2013, 06:41 PM
I hope that King and Painter make it to the practice squad.

pnbronco
08-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones

I would expect that if these guys clear waivers, will be on Den's PS: WRs King + Robinson, B Garland, J. Yobouty, V. Painter, P. Cornick.

John Fox said he thinks Broncos and Ravens will get "a bit of coddling" with waiver clearance in order to get PS set.

Broncos will practice tomorrow -- like a regular Wednesday -- quick turnaround to get practice squad set.

The Broncos who made the 53 spent afternoon in meetings, getting ready to go through a walk-thru. It's game week in Denver.

She said the same thing last week and he was far from it.....:tsk:

Joker56
08-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Ummmm ... like what the heck is a "Waking boot" ?
Is that like opposite of "Sleeping boot" ?

:elefant: :eek: :confused: :elefant:

:beer:

Broncolingus
08-31-2013, 10:24 PM
what the heck is a "Waking boot" ?

Ask, and ye shall receive...

(...yes, I know it cannot be 'unseen'...)

(apologies)

Jsteve01
09-01-2013, 12:08 AM
I hope that King and Painter make it to the practice squad. They may need to move Painter inside. He's big and pretty in shorts but looked horrid in every phase during the preseason. I'd consider him a better fit at guard being he used to play tackle on the defensive side.

Simple Jaded
09-01-2013, 12:11 AM
They may need to move Painter inside. He's big and pretty in shorts but looked horrid in every phase during the preseason. I'd consider him a better fit at guard being he used to play tackle on the defensive side.
Is he smart/nasty enough to play C?

Jsteve01
09-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Is he smart/nasty enough to play C?

I doubt he's either but he's an athletic specimen. It'll be interesting to see if magazu liked him enough to campaign for Fox to keep him on the PS. You've got to think that given they spend a draft pick on him they would. That said if there looks to be one hole in this regime's drafting technique it would seem to be drafting mid late round O line men. Not much of a beef at all but we made pretty good selections there during Shanny's tenure.

Simple Jaded
09-01-2013, 12:26 AM
I doubt he's either but he's an athletic specimen. It'll be interesting to see if magazu liked him enough to campaign for Fox to keep him on the PS. You've got to think that given they spend a draft pick on him they would. That said if there looks to be one hole in this regime's drafting technique it would seem to be drafting mid late round O line men. Not much of a beef at all but we made pretty good selections there during Shanny's tenure.

Couldn't stand Shanny's Olineman myself. Pumped up FB's, the lot of them.

broncohead
09-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Couldn't stand Shanny's Olineman myself. Pumped up FB's, the lot of them.

but they produced

Simple Jaded
09-01-2013, 12:55 AM
but they produced

The system produced, his OL had huge deficiencies in goal line and short yardage.

pnbronco
09-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Since they have practice today will we know sooner than later the PS. Or I guess the real question is when does the whole waiver process close?

You're right that picture can not be undone in my head.

If you really do not know what a walking boot is the according to http://orthopedics.about.com/b/2008/01/26/walking-boots.htm:

A walking boot is a way to immobilize the ankle joint, and is an alternative to a cast. A walking boot is useful in patients who have injuries that can tolerate weight being placed on the extremity, but would benefit from immobilization of the joint.

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 11:17 AM
PN, the waiver wire was supposed to come out at noon ET today, which was just over 15 minutes ago. I would expect to see announcements any minute.

pnbronco
09-01-2013, 11:49 AM
PN, the waiver wire was supposed to come out at noon ET today, which was just over 15 minutes ago. I would expect to see announcements any minute.

Thanks.....:D

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Ben Garland's agent posted he will be back in Denver this season. I assume that means he cleared waivers and will go to the PS.

Simple Jaded
09-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Would be nice if Garland turned into an actual player and not just a sentimental woobie.

hamrob
09-01-2013, 12:28 PM
@DenverBroncos

The #Broncos signed 7 players to the practice squad: P. Cornick, B. Garland, T. King, V. Painter, G. Robinson, J. Youboty & E. Baker.

pnbronco
09-01-2013, 12:37 PM
The first example of that came Sunday, when the club released running back Jacob Hester.

The active roster now stands at 52 players, and a corresponding move could be coming as players clear waivers.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Release-Jacob-Hester/7e1bfb07-3a30-41a4-809c-c3331e7d9eea

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 12:39 PM
PN, we signed OLB Adrian Robinson, formerly of the Steelers and Eagles, to take Hester's place.

pnbronco
09-01-2013, 12:41 PM
PN, we signed OLB Adrian Robinson, formerly of the Steelers and Eagles, to take Hester's place.

Thanks again....dang what a tough weekend for these guys. Just when you think you can breath.....sorry. I know it makes the team better...but it's tough when you care about certain players and Hester was a really nice guy.

Nomad
09-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Jacob is a great guy and a good football player, too bad he wasn't a LB.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Would be nice if Garland turned into an actual player and not just a sentimental woobie.

from article:

Here are the top five players the Broncos hope clear waivers by 10 p.m. today (about 38 minutes from now) so they can place them on their eight-man practice squad.

5. Ben Garland, guard
Yes, the Broncos believe the former Air Force Academy defensive tackle has a chance to make it as an NFL guard. He switched to defensive tackle last week because the Broncos were thin upfront for their final preseason game against Arizona. He’ll go back to guard today if he clears waivers.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/09/01/broncos-bracing-for-practice-squad-players/21267/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4m

#Broncos assigned LB Adrian Robinson off waivers from Philly. He's on 53-man roster.

So, does that mean another cut coming?

pnbronco
09-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Carol see post #84. Hester was cut to make room for Robinson.

Also good news I just saw this on the Bronco site:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Ravens-Week-Sunday-Practice-Photos/a99a2e6c-e258-462c-ac61-c3b9ad5e85fb#fbc4c75d-84f2-43ad-9079-059df66fdb32

Champ with a smile and no boot....YEAH!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Guess he replaced Hester

Stargazer
09-01-2013, 03:27 PM
A walking boot is a way to immobilize the ankle joint, and is an alternative to a cast. A walking boot is useful in patients who have injuries that can tolerate weight being placed on the extremity, but would benefit from immobilization of the joint.

Bailey will be fine when he returns. Hopefully he's given rest because it takes weeks to recover ankle problems.

Joker56
09-01-2013, 03:37 PM
yes,i know what a "Walking boot" is lol
But... what is a "Waking boot" ?
LOL,nobody noticed the wrong spelling ?

Stargazer
09-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Adrian Robinson claimed off waivers, LB, Eagles

Jacob Hester cut

ADD: see it's been mentioned

Bosco
09-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Ok. So we cut Hester. How the **** do we run our jumbo and goal line sets now?

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 04:10 PM

The same way the multitudes of NFL teams who don't carry fullbacks do I guess?

Bosco
09-01-2013, 05:33 PM
The same way the multitudes of NFL teams who don't carry fullbacks do I guess?

Most of them have guys like Hester who are tweeners or converted fullbacks with running and catching ability. By losing Hester we don't have anyone who can fill that role. Think about this way. In your typical goalline set you need three tight ends and two running backs. Thomas and Tamme are pretty weak blockers so you really don't want to trot them out there and Dreessen is injured. That will leave you Virgil Green, who is a pretty solid blocker, but what else? Sure, you can use your swing tackle at one of the tight end spots, but you still need another tight end and someone else in the backfield.

We're going to have to get creative.

Slick
09-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Unrein can come in and play FB. Didn't he last year?

Bosco
09-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Unrein can come in and play FB. Didn't he last year?

That still leaves us one short until we get Dresseen back, at least.

LTC Pain
09-01-2013, 06:07 PM

Green leads the way for Ball. Problem solved.

TXBRONC
09-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Hester wouldn't get much work carrying the ball. Fox has called Green a move tight end and believe there has been time or two where he has been the lead back.

hamrob
09-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Denver will be without Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, and Champ Bailey when they play the Ravens. Should be interesting.

BroncoWave
09-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Denver will be without Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, and Champ Bailey when they play the Ravens. Should be interesting.

And the Ravens will be without their two biggest receiving threats from last season, Anquan Boldin and Dennis Pitta. I think we will be just fine.

jhildebrand
09-02-2013, 12:24 AM

Maybe for the entire game that doosh of a color guy Dierdorf can apologetically go off for the entire game about how denver is missing so many starters.

Magnificent Seven
09-02-2013, 12:54 AM
And the Ravens will be without their two biggest receiving threats from last season, Anquan Boldin and Dennis Pitta. I think we will be just fine.

Plus, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and other DB won't be there. Their secondary is sinking.

Davii
09-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Plus, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and other DB won't be there. Their secondary is sinking.

They will have plenty of DBs on the field.... Oh, you meant defensive backs, my apologies.

Simple Jaded
09-02-2013, 04:28 AM

They were without Miller, Dumervil and Bailey in the playoff game too.

Dzone
09-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Any cut Broncos get picked up?

Dapper Dan
09-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Any cut Broncos get picked up?

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/transactions/nfl/all/today/
http://espn.go.com/nfl/transactions
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions

I couldn't really find much.

Jerry Franklin, LB, was signed to Chicago's PS.

LTC Pain
09-02-2013, 02:11 PM
The Broncos have signed LB Brandon Marshall to the Practice Squad.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23998537/broncos-name-captains-sign-lb-brandon-marshall-practice

Bosco
09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Green leads the way for Ball. Problem solved.

You still need two tight ends (assuming you use the swing tackle as the 3rd) on the line though, and right now none of them are even competent blockers outside of Dreessen.

Ziggy
09-02-2013, 06:28 PM
You still need two tight ends (assuming you use the swing tackle as the 3rd) on the line though, and right now none of them are even competent blockers outside of Dreessen.

John Fox stated last year that Virgil Green has proven himself to be a good blocking TE. I tend to agree.

TXBRONC
09-02-2013, 07:02 PM
John Fox stated last year that Virgil Green has proven himself to be a good blocking TE. I tend to agree.

How was he looking as a receiver from what you saw of him in camp:questionmark:

Ziggy
09-02-2013, 07:33 PM
How was he looking as a receiver from what you saw of him in camp:questionmark:

Very average.

TXBRONC
09-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Very average.

Was it his route running or his hands or both?

Ziggy
09-02-2013, 08:18 PM
His hands looked fine. He just doesn't get open like a Julius Thomas or Jacob Tamme. He's a younger version of Joel Dreesen. Good blocker, average receiver.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2013, 08:43 PM
His hands looked fine. He just doesn't get open like a Julius Thomas or Jacob Tamme. He's a younger version of Joel Dreesen. Good blocker, average receiver.

With the measureables he demonstrated at the combine I really thought he would develop into a receiving threat.

chazoe60
09-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I think Dreesen is a better receiver than people give him credit for.

Joel
09-02-2013, 09:14 PM
I KNOW Dreesen's a better receiver than most people credit.

Jsteve01
09-02-2013, 09:26 PM
With the measureables he demonstrated at the combine I really thought he would develop into a receiving threat. reminds me a little of Benjamin Watson. Freakish athlete who may never live up the the athletic ability.

TXBRONC
09-03-2013, 06:27 AM

He's a solid receiving tight end. Tamme was considered the better receiver but it was Dressen who had lead all of Denver's tight ends in touchdowns.

Bosco
09-03-2013, 11:43 AM

I absolutely agree.

TXBRONC
09-03-2013, 01:55 PM
With the measureables he demonstrated at the combine I really thought he would develop into a receiving threat.

From what Ziggy said and from what I read in the DP it's his route running that's holdin him back. There was article on the DP about a month ago where Green admitted this route running needed to get better.

Dzone
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM
We got lucky and have some decent practice squad players back. Glad to see Robinson and King made it. Dont know much about Painter. I remember when we had a rookie starting at right tackle.

underrated29
09-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Im surprised about dysert and robinson...I am rather in shock that he made it to the PS...Robinson that is. He is a big strong WR and with some coaching up could be a nice possesion type WR that can be paired with a #1.

TXBRONC
09-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Im surprised about dysert and robinson...I am rather in shock that he made it to the PS...Robinson that is. He is a big strong WR and with some coaching up could be a nice possesion type WR that can be paired with a #1.

You're surprised Dysert didn't go to the practice squad?